Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's more realities!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It seems like in every other reality Oliver either dies in the shipwreck or it never happens. That means its probable that in every other reality Sara is either just a lovely brat who is sleeping with her sister's boyfriend, an amoral member of the League of Assassins, or stuck on an island with Deathstroke.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I know there is no way of it panning out this way, but I'd love for it to end with Reign cornering Ruby, only for Sam to take control back at the last minute due to the ~power of motherhood~, drag Julia back into control of Purity and the two of them to beat the tar out of Pestilence. Then Darkseid shows up only to be staring down three angry Kryptonians (the third being Supergirl)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I kind of was surprised by the mini-League/Legion that kind of came together last week with Supergirl, Mon El, J'onn, and Saturn Girl. I think Mon El getting a proper costume really made it feel real and if J'onn had gone Martian form it would have been awesome.

Give Saturn Girl a more comic unique uniform like Mon El and then toss in Brainaic and Martian J'onn and we got a pretty bad rear end team pose for the finale against the Super Krytonians.

And Alex, of course. Because she's earned it.

And I guess maybe you can invite James if he can remember where he left his Guardian costume. But he should give it a blue and yellow paint job first.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

It seems like in every other reality Oliver either dies in the shipwreck or it never happens. That means its probable that in every other reality Sara is either just a lovely brat who is sleeping with her sister's boyfriend, an amoral member of the League of Assassins, or stuck on an island with Deathstroke.

There's probably one where she survived the shipwreck and was trapped on the island (and in Hong Kong and Russia etc.) for five years then returned to Star(ling) City to become the Hood/Arrow/Green Arrow.

That might be a fun one to see.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wheat Loaf posted:

There's probably one where she survived the shipwreck and was trapped on the island (and in Hong Kong and Russia etc.) for five years then returned to Star(ling) City to become the Hood/Arrow/Green Arrow.

That might be a fun one to see.

The key there being Sara seducing Shado to set the path towards the green hood, which... yeah, that checks out.

She actually probably would have fit in better with the Bratva than Oliver.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I'm having a hard time investing in this episode, because it feels like they must be doomed to fail.

That said, I'm kind of digging the conflict between Kara and Lena.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The Guardian suit looks a lot better than it did last year. Maybe this is the reason why James hasn’t been wearing it this year, because they were redesigning it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Winn giving Alex a super suit is an all time highlight

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"Would you like me to count to 3?"
"Will it help?"
"No, not at all." :v:

Lena did nothing wrong by holding onto the kryptonite finding out how to make more. :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Julia wrote "Peter David" on her rock. He is known for the best Supergirl run of all time.

Very nice.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Did...Alex use the force to pull that gun towards her?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

She used one the magnets built into her suit that Winn demonstrated not even five minutes earlier.

Rhyno posted:

Julia wrote "Peter David" on her rock. He is known for the best Supergirl run of all time.

That was a cool shout out, but at the same time, it's not really a high bar to clear.

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 8, 2018

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

howe_sam posted:

She used one the magnets built into her suit that Winn demonstrated not even five minutes earlier.

Oh, okay. I had been in the kitchen for a couple minutes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gonz posted:

Oh, okay. I had been in the kitchen for a couple minutes.

Never fails, you walk out of the room for five minutes and that's when all the plot happens.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

That was a cool shout out, but at the same time, it's not really a high bar to clear.

:shrug: Doesn't not make it an all time great run on a character.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So Krytonight hurting Reign and the other Worldkillers is an actual thing now?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vietnamwees posted:

So Krytonight hurting Reign and the other Worldkillers is an actual thing now?

Sure.

And that vault is full to the brim with it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
God, I'd say that Odette Annable is making this entire season for me, but honestly there's been a lot of great stuff in this season even apart from just her.

Still.........that fight between Team Supergirl and the Worldkillers definitely felt like they wanted to have a season finale-caliber fight without having a season finale budget. :v:

Man, there's still six more episodes of this season? I'd almost felt as if they'd wrapped most of the major plots already!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm going to miss Brainiac-5.

Also Space Bathrooms!

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

"Would you like me to count to 3?"
"Will it help?"
"No, not at all." :v:

Lena did nothing wrong by holding onto the kryptonite finding out how to make more. :colbert:

Yeah this is one of those universal comic book concepts that I never understand.

"Batman, you came up with ways to defeat each member of the justice league in case they turn evil or are controlled somehow, which happens every week? How loving dare you you loving monstrous piece of poo poo."

"Jesse Eisenluthor, you want a weapon to stop the invulnerable people involved in destroying cities, countless deaths and almost destroying the entire world? Sorry buddy that sounds like assassination to me and this is America."

"Lena Luthor you have been researching the one weapon that can stop the World Killers which could have prevented an earlier Kryptonian invasion? You piece of human garbage where the gently caress do you get off?"

"Cisco you designed this cold gun specifically to stop Speedsters? I thought we knew you."

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 10:09 on May 8, 2018

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

To be fair, the only person who was all that bent out of shape about it was Kara. Everyone else was just varying degrees of "Sigh...well, whatever."

The Els do seem to have this specific peevey bias against their friends owning Kryptonite for whatever reason, even if they're good ones.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
That really felt like a penultimate episode.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

God, I'd say that Odette Annable is making this entire season for me, but honestly there's been a lot of great stuff in this season even apart from just her.

Yeah, she has been absolutely heartwrenching. I am really glad they didn't discard real-Sam and those body horror moments when she first fully turned to Reign.

On the other hand, come on Saturn Girl. "We didn't know Blight's identity other than that she originated as Pestilence, and all her energy just got quite visibly sucked into Reign, but I'm sure we changed the future!"

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, she has been absolutely heartwrenching. I am really glad they didn't discard real-Sam and those body horror moments when she first fully turned to Reign.

On the other hand, come on Saturn Girl. "We didn't know Blight's identity other than that she originated as Pestilence, and all her energy just got quite visibly sucked into Reign, but I'm sure we changed the future!"

I'm not sure if the energy transfer was visible to the characters. No one reacted to it floating out of the bodies, or it getting sucked into Reign, or mentioned any of it happening.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

Winn giving Alex a super suit is an all time highlight

My favorite part was her getting so excited about it she had to be reminded where the changing room was :3:

I like that she’s a brand new heroine invented whole cloth. She’s not Spy Smasher or Manhunter or anything, just Alex Danvers, Badass DEO Agent.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Her tiny gun shoots atom bombs or something. That can't be government regulation, Winn!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

Her tiny gun shoots atom bombs or something. That can't be government regulation, Winn!

When has that ever stopped Winslow Schott Jr.? The man built an indestructible suit and shield so that the publisher of a major national newspaper could run around beating the poo poo out of street level thugs in his downtime and his boss just sighed and shook his head sternly at him.

Winn don't give no shits.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

When has that ever stopped Winslow Schott Jr.? The man built an indestructible suit and shield so that the publisher of a major national newspaper could run around beating the poo poo out of street level thugs in his downtime and his boss just sighed and shook his head sternly at him.

Winn don't give no shits.

"Well, those Toyman genes have to come out somehow. If we stopped him the tinkering urge would probably give him an aneurism. At least he's making bombs for the good guys."

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Chokes McGee posted:

My favorite part was her getting so excited about it she had to be reminded where the changing room was :3:

Her giddy smile was like a kid at a candy store. This show is awesome.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I have to say I like how fully this show has embraced comic book logic.

"Quick, we need to convert the mind transference device from the 30th century into a way to transport the three of us to the alternate dimension where the black magic Kryptonian witches are sending their host's minds. We need to do this before their dark ritual finishes forcing the earth to have a solar eclipse and everyone freezes. Get the aliens and the time travelers we've got a job to do. Also don't worry about that, it's just a Kryptonian demon, I've seen those before."

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Is Imra the most attractive human alive? I believe so.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"

rapeface posted:

Is Imra the most attractive human alive? I believe so.

Titanian.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

BrianWilly posted:

I think those bullets had red sun radiation or something--would certainly explain them knocking Reign on her rear end.

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013
Just to illustrate how much Kara was overreacting to Lena, back in Crisis on Earth-X, Oliver shoots Nazi Supergirl with a kryptonite arrow (never mind where he got that from). He specifically states that he had it just in case an evil Kara showed up. Kara's reaction is surprise, and not much else.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think it's especially the same since (a) Oliver isn't really much more than a work aquaintance, (b) it's a different Earth, and (c) Oliver's family doesn't have a history of trying to kill Kara and her family with the particular rock that only has one viable use. Remember Clark went through this same thing with J'onn and the DEO having a stash of Kryptonite "just in case". And you know Batman is off hiding his stash for Superman to get mad at him for.

I don't think Kara was especially wrong to be concerned about Lena's secret stash. I'd probably be nervous if someone was keeping a stash of "Kill Me Rock", especially if their family keeps trying to kill me with it. The broader trust thing is more complicated and Kara didn't exactly help with the break-in and hiding it, but Lena again lied about the Kryptonite. So they're just liars and not good friends.

Also, Lena's totally got the Luthor megalomaniac gene. She just represses it a little better most of the time, but it slips. But Kara's got that whole "I'm always the arbitrarer of what's right" god complex thing so... Bad friends.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 9, 2018

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013
Oliver's only a violent serial killer, not a close personal friend, it's true.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, the point is Kara's whole thing was that she felt betrayed by Lena. She didn't feel betrayed by Oliver because she kind of only barely tolerated him during that Dominators thing. Different expectations.

Now feeling betrayed is a little complicated and hypocritical given her own secrets and lies to Lena. But also does sort of have some validation since Lena absolutely did lie to her about the Kryptonite.

Like I said, they're just liars and lovely friends.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I have to say I like how fully this show has embraced comic book logic.

"Quick, we need to convert the mind transference device from the 30th century into a way to transport the three of us to the alternate dimension where the black magic Kryptonian witches are sending their host's minds. We need to do this before their dark ritual finishes forcing the earth to have a solar eclipse and everyone freezes. Get the aliens and the time travelers we've got a job to do. Also don't worry about that, it's just a Kryptonian demon, I've seen those before."

Legends: "hold my beer"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
You don't see Mon-El getting bent out of shape about all his friends that have stashes of bullets.