Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I've been looking for old Star Wars Nendoroids, specifically Boba Fett and Darth Vader. I see on ebay there are a ton of them for around 15 bucks. I assume these are all knock-offs.

Has anyone ordered any of these? If so, is the quality total poo poo? How do they compare to the actual good smile figs?

My friend owns a KO One Punch Man Nendoroid and I would never know the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
For whoever wanted an OG Frieza, I'm gonna sell a Datong one that's really good for like $30. Been crazy busy with work so just waiting for a day off to organize and get the rest of the list together.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Picked up the ThreeA Doom Marine, and it has some pros and cons.

I honestly dunno if I am going to keep it. It's awesome, but it's pretty light weight. The armor is rubber, which sucks, and the posing isn't exactly much to write home about.

They do have some awesome hand pegs though, that I wish hot toys, etc, would use. The peg stays in the arm, and the hand pops on and off. It's pretty sweet.

I thought I was getting the version with the chainsaw, but I didn't, so that was a letdown.

AT 260, it's a lot of cash for a figure even at sixth scale, but it's also probably the only sixth scale doom guy that's ever going to come out, so it's a hard choice to make.

Still pissed I missed out on the knockoff DOOM movie figure from back when it was released in 2013. Didn't look much like Urban but I loving love that movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The peg on HT stuff is it's own separate piece. It's usually random whether the peg comes with the hand or stays in the arm when you try to swap.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea but these are big, and stay in the arm. It's a design feature I really like. It makes swapping hands around a ton easier. No need to use hot water and try to reset those little bastards on the peg.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

On the 6" scale, I think ML actually had the best hand system. Yeah, the peg being locked on the hand limits the ways you can orient the hand, but even with Figma long pegs it's often a pain inn the rear end to swap them and the peg is still really small and has to sit entirely within the hand.

SHF has the most annoying ones. The ball peg is just loving annoying and when they're hinged it's even more annoying.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

My friend owns a KO One Punch Man Nendoroid and I would never know the difference.

Hmm, thanks for the info. I'll probably grab one and check it out.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Louisgod posted:

Random Legends figures.

Ghostbusters 2 5" figures, forget what company made these.

My 3-year son is obsessed with Ghostbusters and his birthday is coming up - how much do you want for them and ML Thanos?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

If anyone finds that Wal-Mart exclusive Thanos, I'm super interested and would totally pay you back!

That or the Disney Store Marvel Select one that just came out. I need something for my Avengers to fight.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What kind of paint is BAF Juiblee coat? I found at Half Price Books sealed on card Hyperion and the Hit Monkey arms for ten.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rirse posted:

What kind of paint is BAF Juiblee coat? I found at Half Price Books sealed on card Hyperion and the Hit Monkey arms for ten.

As in what color is it? Is your plan to paint the Hit Monkey arms to match the coat?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Louisgod posted:

As in what color is it? Is your plan to paint the Hit Monkey arms to match the coat?

Yeah.

[edit] Home now so here a picture of the arms with the coat I bought last year. Probably get a color that matches it. Probably touch up the paint on Jubilee while I am doing this as it chipping off.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 7, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoL Hit Monkey. Remember when Marvel tried super hard to make that poo poo catch on?

Anyways I need some ideas. I'm moving all of my nerd poo poo into the spare bedroom and will have more room than ever before. I currently have my Superman cape hanging in a Detolf (because it looks cool) but I have so many new acquisitions that I want to change things up a bit. So I'm going to try framing the cape up, possibly in a shadow box. Anyone have experience with shadow boxing?

As it currently sits

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rirse posted:

Yeah.

[edit] Home now so here a picture of the arms with the coat I bought last year. Probably get a color that matches it. Probably touch up the paint on Jubilee while I am doing this as it chipping off.

I'm happy to take a pic of my Jubliee for you but the coloring on that jacket looks off, is it the KO?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

LoL Hit Monkey. Remember when Marvel tried super hard to make that poo poo catch on?

Anyways I need some ideas. I'm moving all of my nerd poo poo into the spare bedroom and will have more room than ever before. I currently have my Superman cape hanging in a Detolf (because it looks cool) but I have so many new acquisitions that I want to change things up a bit. So I'm going to try framing the cape up, possibly in a shadow box. Anyone have experience with shadow boxing?

As it currently sits

Are you willing to spend hundreds here?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Rhyno posted:

As it currently sits

You’re about to get married, right? Make the cape ragged, stick it on a pole in your front yard, and have your fiancée pose with you to recreate that Death of Superman cover for your “Save the Date” announcements.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Louisgod posted:

I'm happy to take a pic of my Jubliee for you but the coloring on that jacket looks off, is it the KO?

It was some replicate coat that I ordered for 10 bucks. If not I could just repaint the coat with the new paint.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Big Mean Jerk posted:

You’re about to get married, right? Make the cape ragged, stick it on a pole in your front yard, and have your fiancée pose with you to recreate that Death of Superman cover for your “Save the Date” announcements.

Holy poo poo lol

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Are you willing to spend hundreds here?

The box I have in mind is $100 at Michaels. I don't need it to be in lights anymore, I just want it on display but safe from being touched. I've just never placed anything in a shadow box and would like to do it without damaging the cape.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Where the gently caress were you last year when we got our engagement photos done?

In other news
https://www.tf-direct.com/ko-hot-toys-infinity-gauntlet_p2260.html

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Honest question: How much of a nerd is your fiancee, Rhyno?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rhyno posted:

Where the gently caress were you last year when we got our engagement photos done?

There’s still time to include them in your thank you notes

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Get inspired by our Batman Begins armory friend and complete the costume.

Remember you'll need a creepy death mask of one of the actors.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Teenage Fansub posted:

Remember you'll need a creepy death mask of one of the actors.

So a Reeve.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Doesn't necessarily have to be a dead one.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Or just dress up as him and then CGI your neckbeard off in all the wedding videos.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anora posted:

Honest question: How much of a nerd is your fiancee, Rhyno?

Fairly big.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

There’s still time to include them in your thank you notes

WE ALREADY MAILED THEM

YOU'RE A TERRIBLE SENSEI

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

Fairly big.

Nice

I was starting to get worried for her.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

How much for that Ghost Rider, btw?
Same question for Namor and Black Panther.

Louisgod posted:

Random Legends figures.

I'll take the Thanos if you still have the non-Infinity Gauntlet fist. That's actually the Diamond Selects Classic Thanos, btw. He normally also comes with Lady Death with a human face for her.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 14:08 on May 9, 2018

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/994222266954240004

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fuzz posted:

How much for that Ghost Rider, btw?
Same question for Namor and Black Panther.

I'll take the Thanos if you still have the non-Infinity Gauntlet fist. That's actually the Diamond Selects Classic Thanos, btw. He normally also comes with Lady Death with a human face for her.

I sold BP and GR locally, sorry. Namor like $15 shipped loose?

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
More details on the return of KB Toys.

quote:

KB Toys looks to create an experience that Kassoff calls "80% the way you remember it," but with some new twists. In addition to having a dedicated "Toy Nerd" on hand in each location to be vastly knowledgeable about the industry and collector market, KB plans to work with collector groups and toymakers on in-store events, "roadshows with vendors," "meet and greets with toy designers" and more.

BRB, just putting in my application for “Toy Nerd”.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I’m not interested in a new KB Toys unless they’re stocked with every single Hasbro Star Wars, Playmates Star Trek, or bad movie tie-in figure I could ever want for $5 or less.

Also, there should be a Suncoast Video next door selling insanely pricey Mcfarlane Movie Masters figures and $30 VHS tapes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Movie masters was Mattel dude. And they were only like 15 bucks each

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I miss good Mcfarlane figures.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I guess I was thinking of Movie Maniacs.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Word. Yeah movie maniacs was the greatest thing for me. I was a kid when they came out and I loved the sculpts and detail and I played with them often.

No they didn't last long.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I sold BP and GR locally, sorry. Namor like $15 shipped loose?

I could do that, sure. drat, now I need to find the classic one for the bearded head. :argh:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m not interested in a new KB Toys unless they’re stocked with every single Hasbro Star Wars, Playmates Star Trek, or bad movie tie-in figure I could ever want for $5 or less.

Also, there should be a Suncoast Video next door selling insanely pricey Mcfarlane Movie Masters figures and $30 VHS tapes.

Ah, halcyon days. But yeah, every KB Toys should carry a surprisingly large selection of 90s action figures. Stargate movie figures, Kenner Superman, Playmates SeaQuest...

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

A toy nerd in every store to let you know the local collector came in and already got the latest Marvel Legends you wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

A toy nerd in every store to let you know he already set aside the Legends and Black Series he wanted, but you’re more than welcome to all the Zuvios and Iron Men.

FTFY