Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
maybe everyone should just be more like america cause i tell you what, 12 inches being a foot makes way more sense than dividing everything by 10.

savages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

:lol:
https://twitter.com/AbasAslani/status/993444108978016261

You know how this is going to play out.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Torrannor posted:

I can never remember what's PM and what's AM, so I appreciate people using normal military time!

In German it's perfectly natural to say 14 Uhr/ 14 o'clock.

PM means post morning and AM means actually morning

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Eej posted:

PM means post morning and AM means actually morning

PM means post meridiem and AM means after meridiem :pseudo:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:nallears:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
1.4x10^3

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I laughed

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
It's all about Swatch internet time. gently caress old time.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

McNally posted:

PM means post meridiem and AM means after meridiem :pseudo:

AM means ante meridiem :eng101:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

It's all about Swatch internet time. gently caress old time.

Agree, Swatch all the way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hovFbHt3L3w

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

boop the snoot posted:

AM means ante meridiem :eng101:

hence :pseudo:

What's the point of telegraphing "THIS IS A JOKE" if I'm just gonna get corrected anyway?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
my only times are 'today' and 'tomorrow'

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I have the dark awful app setting and it looks exactly the same as :eng101: SORRY JEEZ

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

my only times are 'today' and 'tomorrow'

The only time is NOW. YOLO, MOTHERFUCKERS!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/sessions-parents-children-entering-us-illegally-will-be-separated-n872081

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

On Anti-Bullying day or w/e Melaina was busy doing

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/993594942919360513

Or wait

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
It’s morning until the sun starts going down. Then it’s night. There are only two times. Don’t @ me!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

It’s morning until the sun starts going down. Then it’s night. There are only two times. Don’t @ me!

:hai:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
People saying afternoon when they mean a time before noon bothers me.

It’s right there in the word.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
So the Be Best pamphlet that came out today is an almost verbatim ripoff of the obama era ftc brochure on the same subject except there’s a picture of Melania on page 2 now and slight wording change on a page towards the end. The graphics, fonts, layouts, and everything else are identical.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

boop the snoot posted:

People saying afternoon when they mean a time before noon bothers me.

It’s right there in the word.

Who does this?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

So the Be Best pamphlet that came out today is an almost verbatim ripoff of the obama era ftc brochure on the same subject except there’s a picture of Melania on page 2 now and slight wording change on a page towards the end. The graphics, fonts, layouts, and everything else are identical.

lol

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/05/melania-trump-cyberbullying-booklet-apparently-plagiarized.html

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
At this poing I'd be willing to bet that Melania hates her husband and deliberately keeps copying the Obamas as a form of passive aggressive protest.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I don't know why but every time I see Barron I feel like he's gonna end up being an okay person

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

shame on an IGA posted:

I don't know why but every time I see Barron I feel like he's gonna end up being an okay person

It’s because he never talks.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Eh, I don't have a problem with not reinventing the wheel. Did they really need to make a brand new FTC brochure just to slap the current first lady on there?

Edit: Ok I see it's supposed to be a whole seperate thing not just an updated version. In that case lol.

Edit 2: Seriously how are none of these people remotely approaching competent or is it just that they've figured out there won't ever be repercussions so gently caress it

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 23:22 on May 7, 2018

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

sharknado slashfic posted:

Eh, I don't have a problem with not reinventing the wheel. Did they really need to make a brand new FTC brochure just to slap the current first lady on there?

Edit: Ok I see it's supposed to be a whole seperate thing not just an updated version. In that case lol.

Yeah, seriously. I'm like 99% sure that this is how the whole thing went down:

"The First Lady wants to do this."

"I think we already have something like this in the books."

"Great! Put her picture in it and update the date on it."

Melania isn't the problem, don't go after her just because her last name is Trump.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

shame on an IGA posted:

He definitely calls people the n word in COD

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

McNally posted:

Yeah, seriously. I'm like 99% sure that this is how the whole thing went down:

"The First Lady wants to do this."

"I think we already have something like this in the books."

"Great! Put her picture in it and update the date on it."

Melania isn't the problem, don't go after her just because her last name is Trump.

She made the choice.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's one thing to update something w/ a new picture and say 'hey this exists and is new and improved'. That poo poo happens all the goddamn time in government.

It's another to say 'we made this totally new thing that is completely original' when it's most definitely not.

edit: also my meter of 'should I get mad?' is would Obama be able to get away with it? No? outrage then

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 23:35 on May 7, 2018

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I thought the management in my last job was it, or possibly NFL general managers, but no this administration is the pinnacle of people failing upwards

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Nick Soapdish posted:

Using military time outside the military smh

Unpopular opinion here: 24 hour clocks are way better and a lot of countries use them outside of their militaries.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
it appears that, even on Death's doorstep, McCain is still concerned...

...and Orrin Motherfucking Toadie rear end Motherfucker Hatch is all like "yeah too bad."

Orrin Hatch: "Ridiculous" for John McCain to block Trump from funeral
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/orrin-hatch-ridiculous-for-john-mccain-to-block-trump-from-funeral/ar-AAwUkbs

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I'm going to go ahead a white knight McCain for and moment and say that his voting down of the ACA repeal was the greatest thing any Republican has done for America since, well, John McCain and Russ Feingold passed their ill-fated campaign finance bill.

e: After posting this, I learned that Mitch "Turtle Face" McConnell pretty much led the efforts to destroy the legislation through legal action from the moment it was passed.

psydude fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 8, 2018

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

DoktorLoken posted:

Unpopular opinion here: 24 hour clocks are way better and a lot of countries use them outside of their militaries.

In my experience if the TV aid showing hours in 24hr time then the people use it as part of the day to day life.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well, this is a problem / not good:

https://twitter.com/RonanFarrow/status/993630020701773825

quote:

As his prominence as a voice against sexual misconduct has risen, so, too, has the distress of four women with whom he has had romantic relationships or encounters. They accuse Schneiderman of having subjected them to nonconsensual physical violence. All have been reluctant to speak out, fearing reprisal. But two of the women, Michelle Manning Barish and Tanya Selvaratnam, have talked to The New Yorker on the record, because they feel that doing so could protect other women.

They allege that he repeatedly hit them, often after drinking, frequently in bed and never with their consent. Manning Barish and Selvaratnam categorize the abuse he inflicted on them as “assault.” They did not report their allegations to the police at the time, but both say that they eventually sought medical attention after having been slapped hard across the ear and face, and also choked. Selvaratnam says that Schneiderman warned her he could have her followed and her phones tapped, and both say that he threatened to kill them if they broke up with him. (Schneiderman’s spokesperson said that he “never made any of these threats.”)

A third former romantic partner of Schneiderman’s told Manning Barish and Selvaratnam that he also repeatedly subjected her to nonconsensual physical violence, but she told them that she is too frightened of him to come forward. (The New Yorker has independently vetted the accounts that they gave of her allegations.) A fourth woman, an attorney who has held prominent positions in the New York legal community, says that Schneiderman made an advance toward her; when she rebuffed him, he slapped her across the face with such force that it left a mark that lingered the next day. She recalls screaming in surprise and pain, and beginning to cry, and says that she felt frightened. She has asked to remain unidentified, but shared a photograph of the injury with The New Yorker.

In a statement, Schneiderman said, “In the privacy of intimate relationships, I have engaged in role-playing and other consensual sexual activity. I have not assaulted anyone. I have never engaged in nonconsensual sex, which is a line I would not cross.”

Kind of difficult to claim the moral high ground against Trump when you've LITERALLY HIT FOUR WOMEN in the past.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 8, 2018

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
They presented it as completely original work product and make no mention anywhere that it is a reproduction.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
whole buncha traps sprung itt :troll:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

facialimpediment posted:

Well, this is a problem / not good:

https://twitter.com/RonanFarrow/status/993630020701773825

Kind of difficult to claim the moral high ground against Trump when you've LITERALLY HIT FOUR WOMEN in the past.

Sounds like 4 dishonorable women trying to sully the good name of this man. Why then had they not come out before? Huh?

-MAGA chud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

So not only are we in the Worst Timeline, we’re also in the weirdest:

Elon Musk quietly dating musician Grimes

quote:

A source tells us the pair met around a month ago online, of course, through a joke Musk had planned to tweet but discovered Grimes had already made, dealing with the complications of artificial intelligence.

Our reality seems to be procedurally generated.

• Locked thread