Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Glass of water...more like rear end of daughter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I can never give up on HH because after some less than exciting episodes they either hit an amazing concept or find the perfect groove on nailing other podcasts/people/sponsors/themselves

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Crazyweasel posted:

I can never give up on HH because after some less than exciting episodes they either hit an amazing concept or find the perfect groove on nailing other podcasts/people/sponsors/themselves

Right. The live episode just wasn't working at all. The Magic Tavern episode was awesome from start to finish.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Does anyone remember the twelve rules for life?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

R. Guyovich posted:

"what i love about podcasts is the spontaneity of somebody misspeaking and then someone else turning that into a loving empire of t-shirts for the next 10 years"

Even if I can't necessarily get into the show, the boys actively and mercilessly dunking on Earwolf's business model is incredibly funny to me.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
We're going to get the boys on a CBB bonus ep. Possibly playing Mary, duck, kiss.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Mollymauk posted:

We're going to get the boys on a CBB bonus ep. Possibly playing Mary, duck, kiss.

I went to look for this and they were on the April 30th as well? Or is that what your talking about?

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Snowmankilla posted:

I went to look for this and they were on the April 30th as well? Or is that what your talking about?

Hasn't been released yet they talked about it on one of today's ad breaks during CBB.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Mollymauk posted:

They were also on the ads again during this latest CBB and it was fantastic. (23 minutes in and then again at the hour mark)

e: Which, now having had time to listen, is where this rumor came from initially. :downs: Either way, in case anyone else has missed out on the boyz

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 10:31 on May 8, 2018

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

SpacePig posted:

Even if I can't necessarily get into the show, the boys actively and mercilessly dunking on Earwolf's business model is incredibly funny to me.

"are we officially the least popular? i know you've been cutting a lot of dead weight"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

kate miccucci would be a good permanent addition to hollywood handbook. her sincere positivity creates a lot of interesting tension with the boys.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, great ep.

Them grilling Kevin about his date just tickled me. Made all the better by Kate being super positive about it.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Ryan struggling with plane sounds and the music reveal was great.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Blessed Bosch is a Big Boy.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Adam Scott and I share the same favorite REM song :woop:

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
Mao, is this racist?

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Are you a goddamned ghost??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammersmith_Ghost_murder_case#Death_of_Thomas_Millwood

quote:

immediately after seeing her brother off, she heard Smith challenge him, saying "drat you; who are you and what are you? drat you, I'll shoot you." after which Smith shot him in the left of the lower jaw and killed him.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

now that's what i call racist volume 23

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Franchescanado posted:

Ryan struggling with plane sounds and the music reveal was great.

The whole concert bit is so good

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
David Wain was a great guest on RUTRR:M or whatever the gently caress the acronym is

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

He brought so much entertainment.
The best bit was when Wain mentioned that he was playing around with an audio program and then Adam asked if it was iMovie.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Finding out David Wain spends his free time delaying vocal tracks on songs because it makes him laugh was just the best.

That and finally getting to hear REM's classic song How Does It Feel (When You're In REM (Good))

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
This week's pro version is really strange, and really funny!

E: Also Josh gets hit with a "Speak on that"

Malcolm Excellent fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 10, 2018

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Hollywood handbook is hilarious. I can't believe I've never listened to it before

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

On Stitcher premium,

HH is no-ads
HH Ad Version is that plus the best Ad reads on the internet
HH Pro is a different show

Right?

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

linkedin dickpic posted:

On Stitcher premium,

HH is no-ads
HH Ad Version is that plus the best Ad reads on the internet
HH Pro is a different show

Right?

Yes

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Thx I need to subscribe to Pro

cams
Mar 28, 2003

wait did hwood hbook finally get put BEHIIIIND THE PAAAAAYWAAALL

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Don't forget Hollywood Mmonsercrash if you haven't had the chance to listen to it yet. Just six episodes but they're all pretty good.

e: I guess I should clarify that it's technically listed as Hollywood Masterclass.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 10, 2018

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Also Reality Show Show has a lot of good stuff if you're interested in the origin of HH.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

cams posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
re: HH the Pro Version

Sean sending that lovely email to the luggage company is the best thing that happened to the show in years.

e: also Kevin's embarrassing admission and the aftermath was just the best.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 11, 2018

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

cams posted:

It plus every Earwolf show has the paywall now, but everyone should be thankful because that means it's not as scary for new listeners.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
It's such a relief honestly. It used to be a nightmare recommending Hollywood Handbook because there were so many good episodes. Now new people can just listen to the latest ones and catch on right away without getting lost through the back catalog. Once they fully understand the nuanced characters, then they're hooked and have the opportunity to pay to listen to the old eps.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ImPureAwesome posted:

The whole concert bit is so good

This would probably be a good starter episode, it has kinda every reoccurring element that pops up in the show now and a really fun guest who is game but isn't playing into everything completely.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i am listening to threedom for the first time and it was legitimately jarring to hear lauren mispronounce something on it, be corrected, and there not be at least 30 seconds on that

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Is that show worthwhile? I thought the first episode was fun enough but forgettable. In fact, I had forgotten the show existed, but there's probably enough episodes out by now that it should've hit a groove if it was going to.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

“Fun but forgettable” is pretty much Threedom’s MO, other than learning even more about Scott’s hosed up upbringing.

I enjoy their dynamic but I’m not skipping my favorite shows to listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

you also learn that scott clearly hosed a LOT

or at the very least was fooling around with a lot of ladies

or just likes to bring them up a lot