Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

:confused: Did you even read before replying?

Godzilla07 posted:

lol no one is coming back to play Destiny 2 PvP from Fortnite. Destiny PvP is dead and buried.

Was it really that loving bad? I didn't fall for their tricks, so I didn't buy it. A friend of mine did get it for free with a GPU deal but still didn't touch it after the trial, but he's fairly picky with games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Seditiar posted:

Was it really that loving bad? I didn't fall for their tricks, so I didn't buy it. A friend of mine did get it for free with a GPU deal but still didn't touch it after the trial, but he's fairly picky with games.

D1 pvp was insanely awesome. D2 pvp is just barely almost ok, but the added multiplier of stunting on noobs with your bros makes it fun.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Seditiar posted:

D2 seemed specifically designed around frontloading the illusion of potential for an amazing game into the first 2-4 hours of the demo/what reviewers would play. It's beyond just a bad game (which it is) it's a game designed with active spite for its players.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Started playing this again because my main gaming buddies are favouring this over Overwatch right now and I felt left out, played it a while ago but didn’t do much for me. This afternoon I played some random squads matches and it was ok, so hilarious almost instant deaths and failed to kill anyone. My best return was making it to the final 10 purely by virtue of never encountering anyone until there was ten of us left and the first person I met owned me.

I do enjoy the concept I just wish I sucked a lot less at the combat.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Started playing this again because my main gaming buddies are favouring this over Overwatch right now and I felt left out, played it a while ago but didn’t do much for me. This afternoon I played some random squads matches and it was ok, so hilarious almost instant deaths and failed to kill anyone. My best return was making it to the final 10 purely by virtue of never encountering anyone until there was ten of us left and the first person I met owned me.

it starts to click more as you play it, and you also kinda begin figuring out just how unreliable the weapons are/what their quirks are. I mean sure it stands out when the dude 1 hit kill headshots you with a shotgun from farther away than you think should be possible, but you also tend to forget/don't notice the guy sniping you somehow missing 4 shots that are perfectly lined up.

I really suggest watching replays to see what happened. Half of those easy kills you gave up really are happenstance, like "Oh yeah dude just happened to round a corner and catch sight of me, so followed behind till they got a good shot," others are "Oh, yeah I made a really dumb mistake charging head first into that dude and should've ran backwards/started building too."

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Is a silly game. Continue a bit more, trying different things, laughing at "that just happened".

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I really like dropping port-a-forts inside other structures. I dropped one in the basement of the ruined house in salty and jumped up to save a teammate that was under attack on the roof. He just got knocked and I ran the other guy off. I got knocked too shortly after, but it was a fun thing to do.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
Anyone else sick of the anti-gravity rocks already? They are fun enough to mess around with but when you're in a late game fight and one guy is soaring all over the place it gets old fast. Doesn't seem healthy for the game.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
There needs to be more!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Seditiar posted:

Yeah it was lame, and predicatbly died in the space of 6 months to "more dead than Destiny 1 at its worst". That is what I meant earlier, replying to ^burtle/Father Wendigo - Destiny right now has only a name to it, by all other means it is glorified "that f2p game which did one thing right" with respect to anything other than publishing money behind it.

Sure, it will spike today with the release of the new expansion, but even at that it'll barely make a dent in Frotnite playerbase, being a paid expansion for a game derided less in my recent memory than only Andromeda.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Diabetic posted:

Gauntlet is on top of a hill.

Weapons scattered all the way up.

Everyone starts in a circle at the bottom of the hill.

First to the top gets the gauntlet and becomes king of poo poo kicker mountain.

Profit.

"StoredInDaBallz kicked LilNutsack's poo poo off the mountain."

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
They need a temporary game mode where everyone is on an ever-shrinking plateau and the only weapon is impulse grenades

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Electrical Fire posted:

Anyone else sick of the anti-gravity rocks already? They are fun enough to mess around with but when you're in a late game fight and one guy is soaring all over the place it gets old fast. Doesn't seem healthy for the game.

I got a sick snipe on a dude in the middle of his cracked up jump and the resulting loot explosion was a glorious firework, so the rocks are still cool with me.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Electrical Fire posted:

I enjoy them for the first phase of the storm, when I've landed on the complete opposite side as the safe zone. It pretty much allows me to explore & grab more loot before booking it to safety because moonjumps significantly increase your travel speed.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Electrical Fire posted:

I had one pretty bad fight against hoppers (3-way for game win), but I need to get more practice with all that to consider them definitely bad or something.

Either way I don’t believe that they are here to stay for season 5.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN6XlG0XUPM
https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/patch-notes/v4-1?lang=en-US
Here we, here we, here we

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

So thanos can restore shields by killing enemies. Good.

But I don't see how can regain health. So taking it too soon can be a bad idea, you will die to chip damage.

Thanos gameplay seems similar to "hulk" in that he jump and smash. He have a ray beam, but I have not see it destroy buildings (I have seen a short gameplay video).

Thanos will be much more powerful in consoles, since aiming is harder. In PC thanos life will be way short because sniper making his life very hard.

Pro mode is jumping and using the ray beam from the sky.

I want to see a video of thanos destroying tiled towers and one video of thanos dancing all the game dances.

Edit:
I was wrong. With good management thanos is unkillable. You only have to play smart.

Edit:
My second wish was fullfilled. Thanos on TT. He just fly trough buildings like they are not there. You can't hide from Thanos in TT.

Tei fucked around with this message at 11:16 on May 8, 2018

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Electrical Fire posted:

This is a bad opinion and the jumpy rocks are awesome :colbert:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Johnny Truant posted:

This is a bad opinion and the jumpy rocks are awesome :colbert:

Not going to lie, fight against jumprock dudes as the top3 final was easily the worst Fortnite match I’ve played in ages. It’s going to take a really long time for me to get used to that given how rare are end game divot fights.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Not going to lie, fight against jumprock dudes as the top3 final was easily the worst Fortnite match I’ve played in ages. It’s going to take a really long time for me to get used to that given how rare are end game divot fights.

Yeah it being in end game stuff will be rare, haven't seen that yet. Honestly I've seen most people just charging straight at someone once they get it, which makes it pretty easy to just kill them, since they fall a bit slower.

But the explosion of items in mid-air is :perfect:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Early-mid game fights are okay yeah. This one got me in some unexpected ways, both other survivors having like 10 kills each and hundreds or thousands in build mats.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 12:21 on May 8, 2018

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I've just been absolute TRASH when I've been playing recently, so I haven't seen any endgame hoppy rocks :smith:

I think it's cause I dropped my X/Y sensitivity so I'm just on a learning curve again, but goddamn have I been getting frustrated.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
I thought they were incorporating searching for Infinity Gems to power up the gauntlet? I guess they had to simplify it as much as possible

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Johnny Truant posted:

I've just been absolute TRASH when I've been playing recently, so I haven't seen any endgame hoppy rocks :smith:

I think it's cause I dropped my X/Y sensitivity so I'm just on a learning curve again, but goddamn have I been getting frustrated.

Just stick through it, it well worth the trouble to find and get used to a suitable sensitivity.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Lady Galaga posted:

I thought they were incorporating searching for Infinity Gems to power up the gauntlet? I guess they had to simplify it as much as possible

That was from some insider website. I'm glad they weren't entirely right though, having to search for 6 stones would've meant you'd only really see it in late game, if ever.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I'm on the recieving end of so many ramp-rush pump shotgun instant kills and I'm SICK OF IT!!!!

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Seditiar posted:

That was from some insider website. I'm glad they weren't entirely right though, having to search for 6 stones would've meant you'd only really see it in late game, if ever.

On the other hand, six people could have one infinity stone power each. Like make five loose and scattered, maybe with a way to indicate if one is near by, and have one in the gauntlet and make the wearer of the gauntlet still turn into Thanos with some extra health or shields. So the first person to find the gauntlet could then go about taking the stones from other players, without making it crazy unbalanced in favor of the first person to find the gauntlet.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

On the other hand, six people could have one infinity stone power each. Like make five loose and scattered, maybe with a way to indicate if one is near by, and have one in the gauntlet and make the wearer of the gauntlet still turn into Thanos with some extra health or shields. So the first person to find the gauntlet could then go about taking the stones from other players, without making it crazy unbalanced in favor of the first person to find the gauntlet.

To be fair, Thanos isn't really OP except for the start. 2 decent players can easily kill him in a few seconds if they use a scar. There's not enough bloom in the world to make you miss him. :v:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Seditiar posted:

To be fair, Thanos isn't really OP except for the start. 2 decent players can easily kill him in a few seconds if they use a scar. There's not enough bloom in the world to make you miss him. :v:

Aim to the head.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Just stick through it, it well worth the trouble to find and get used to a suitable sensitivity.

Oh no doubt, I'm probably at like 40% right now. When I stick those fuckin pump headshots I feel like a boss, haha.

It just took me awhile to realize, I really am a long/mid range player, when it comes to close range I'm garbage. So I dropped my sensitivity and started relearning! Feels goooooood.

That and really being more critical of building rather than just "poo poo OUT EVERYTHING" is already improving my game.

Luckily I'm working from home on image analysis today, so that means Fortnite games in between images :getin:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

FauxLeather posted:

I'm on the recieving end of so many ramp-rush pump shotgun instant kills and I'm SICK OF IT!!!!

Build some walls at the top of the ramps or go away from the man shooting at you???

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Oh poo poo I just checked the patch notes and you can join the parties if people in-game now, that's fuckin fresh.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Seditiar posted:

Jumped on early to try out the new mode before work, watched down to the end. Thanos pops into the middle of a fight between two guys, he kills both but he's weak, another guy sniped him and snags the gauntlet. So he's fresh, 1000 health, and just gets absolutely destroyed by the last guy alive with a purple lmg. That was the winners only kill, it was hilarious.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

AAB posted:

Build some walls at the top of the ramps or go away from the man shooting at you???

I do think lremoving the pump could make for a more varied game instead of it being a must have that any medium range fight will turn into.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Carecat posted:

I do think lremoving the pump could make for a more varied game instead of it being a must have that any medium range fight will turn into.

Oh god, imagine the tears.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

That'd make a great LTM.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Y'all will probably get more pissed when dudes run up on you with a revolver instead lol

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

The all gold LTM was before the heavy shotgun was out, so no shotguns were in the game. It was really fun and favored mid range engagements since you couldn’t rush unless you really wanted to be shredded by a gold scar.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I found gold rather to

bef posted:

Y'all will probably get more pissed when dudes run up on you with a revolver instead lol

Not really. Revolvers are consistent and used sparingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
Okay, the Infinity Gauntlet mode is pretty buck wild. Once the Gauntlet gets picked up, Thanos' location is shown constantly on the compass/waypoint HUD. He's got a boatload of health and just assuming you can take him down going toe to toe isn't going to happen. It takes 2 or 3 or 4 people teaming up but, of course since it is solo, everyone's equally as interested in shooting each other as opposed to killing Thanos. It's really loving intimidating to be around Thanos since he can jump way the gently caress up and then slam down on you in a split second - the laser also melts people fast with about 20-30 damage per tick.

It's really fun though and you're awash with awesome weapons from the second you land. I wish people would focus on the big purple guy kicking everyone's rear end, but still a blast.