Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I saved up enough crystals for another uni and man I know the rest of the Infinity War costumes are coming, but it's real hard not to buy Thor's uni even though I already have his Ragnarok one. I keep trying to convince myself that maybe they'll make War Machine's as good as Bucky's or maybe they'll make Hulkbuster useful again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The costumes from this week I haven't bought are Groot, Thor, Spidey, Ironman and Thanos.

And while I'm tempted, I shave convinced myself not to get Ironman and Groot because they suck.
Spidey I have his Hobo costume, and I don't know if it's a mega upgrade.
Thanos I'm not sure I'd use enough to justify, and I have his Secret Wars costume.

So the only one is Thor's. It seems like it's slightly better than his Ragnarok costume, but I have that at Mythic.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
The Ironman costume allows him to solo a SL level in the 20s so I wouldn't say it's bad.

Also one of his skills turns him into a gundam

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

iron man has ridic burst now, it owns

hes gone from a turd to a WBI superstar

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Hmm....tempting.

I think I'll still hold off. The new costumes should hit this week. And even if they all suck, they will certainly put the week 1 guys back on sale at some point and I can get IM then.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

What owns more, Iron Man or Black Widow?

I'd lean Corvus, but it's going to be a long time before i get around to leveling him up with Thanos and Jean on my plate currently.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Iron Man's costume is better, turns him from bad to good he's just a bit fragile. Widow's turns her from bad to slightly less bad.

Also, hell yeah I got Hyperion from one of the premium chests they've been giving away.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I haven't regretted buying Iron Man's uni in the slightest. Widow is also pretty good with her new uni imo, and there's a video someone posted on reddit of their Widow soloing SL 29 but that's level 70 with probably amazing poo poo on her.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I cleared Floor 27 with Widow last week. She's got 3 iframe skills that match up and have her jump around away from any traps. Toss a lighting obelisk on her and you're set. I'm not prepared to call her a Tier 1 or even 2 character but she definitely ain't "bad".

Granted I also have her at Level 62. But I consider that something you should just do since its relatively cheap and easy. I haven't gone beyond that or moved her gear above 20. I'm basically working on T3ing Cap and everyone else I just jumped to 62 and am playing around with. They all seem to get a bump from just that.

Except Iron Man (no new costume) has been sucking a bit for me lately but I think that's because I tweaked my cards and ended up dropping below the Skill Cooldown max. So I gotta just shove a Skill Cooldown Uru or two on him and he should be fine.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 7, 2018

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

The new Thor uni adds a ton of survivability, which I found was an issue with the Ragnarok uni.

Also it makes the circles on his chest light up!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i bought thanos, proxy, im, widow, spidey, cap, bucky and thanos is the only one i regret at all cos i already had hobo thanos which is a cooler looking costume

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Loten posted:

The new Thor uni adds a ton of survivability

ahh poo poo now i want that one too

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Ragnarok Thor is already good, I don't really see the point in spending 1000 crystals + however many resources in ranking up the uni to make him somewhat better.

I bought Cap, Winter Soldier and Thanos and am pretty happy with them. I didn't have the old Thanos uniform though.

Iron Man and Widow's are somewhat tempting, though...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My Ragnarok Thor almost never gets touched. I just have to balance the iframes (4 and 1) and the shield (5). So 5-3-4-2-1. Today I tried 5-3-2-4-1 and that worked as well. But either way I can usually take down a 20s Floor Universal threat or Floor 20 Conquest Floor, its just a matter of having enough damage. Which I can usually jack up with Lincoln if I haven't used him already for Storm.

I'm debating Iron Man, Spidey, or Corvus when I save up more but I don't think I will by the end of this sale, and there's the rumor of the second batch of costumes. So its probably best to hold on.

And I still want to grab Emma Frost and that will never happen with all these expensive costumes.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Are Widow, Cap, and Iron Man supposed to have their Age of Ultron costumes being sold for only 1g? Or is that a weird bug?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

and there's the rumor of the second batch of costumes.

"Rumor", there's promo art showing a bunch of new uniforms not in the game yet and Scarlet Witch appears in a cutscene for legendary battle with her movie outfit. No way they'd model her just for that.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Dexie posted:

Are Widow, Cap, and Iron Man supposed to have their Age of Ultron costumes being sold for only 1g? Or is that a weird bug?

It's been that way for a long while - it's why I bought their costumes. They're like the starter costumes so you can try some on and see what's what. Ultron should have costumes available for cheap, too.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I bought Captain America's new uniform, it's pretty good. He does a lot more damage now. Also got Bucky but everyone already knows his new uniform owns. Proxima and Corvus are also pretty good. Proxima seems to do about the same damage but gets tons of iframes and Corvus gets a shield, more iframes, and a lot more damage.

I didn't get any other uniforms.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

The problem with the Corvus and Proxima uniforms is that only really long-time players are going to have the Black Order guys ranked up already because literally every other native T2 is better than them. I just don't have the bios to spare with the level cap rise!!!

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Yeah it's gonna be a loooooonnnng time before I get any of the BO guys ranked up. I have just got Thanos to 55 and he takes a silly amount of resources. After that I have Jean to get through and then I would like to get a few of the characters to 70.

Thanos is bananas though, I took him through a SL stage at level 40 or 50 and he just creamed it. I only had 3 skills to use and didn't have any problems at all.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I used my T2 boost on Mantis but haven't equipped poo poo on her and use her as a team member in WB Normal

Long story short I didn't pay attention and the main guy died and it switched to her, and while her damage just wasn't there, I swear she survived like 2 minutes just mashing skills

Good rec, fellow goons

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeah i use her for those blast phys reflect rumbles in shadowrun, shes great at not dying and doing passable aoe damage

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

yeah i use her for those blast phys reflect rumbles in shadowrun, shes great at not dying and doing passable aoe damage

I save her for kingpin and she’s awesome

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah she's kind of weak but a bunch of her moves back the enemies dizzy or whatever so you can mash buttons and she won't die because the bad guys will just run in circles. Use someone like Starlord to up her energy or just work her up a little and she's a lock for a high combat rumble, or a wave. Basically any stage where the problem is being overwhelmed by numbers, Mantis neutralizes that.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So who's the best candidate for the CTP of Energy? Blue Marvel?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Are there other 3 stat team ups with only 2 characters like Blade and Angela have? I never noticed this until today.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

Steve Vader posted:

Cable. Blue Marvel or anyone else with a channel ability isn’t bad either, but Cable is the best.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I put my first one on Quicksilver

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
The true answer is armor wars kingpin

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Steve Vader posted:

I would say anti-man and cable are both good options as well as Quicksilver. All are useable in all modes and get a serious jump in damage from a CTP of energy.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Can you create CTPs or do you just have to wait to be gifted with one?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

b0ng posted:

I would say anti-man and cable are both good options as well as Quicksilver. All are useable in all modes and get a serious jump in damage from a CTP of energy.

Who's number four on the list? It's gonna be 2019 before I t2 antiman.

Steve Vader posted:

Can you create CTPs or do you just have to wait to be gifted with one?

You gotta be blessed by the spirit of keke the netmarble monster, but you can get some guaranteed ones from legendary battle rewards.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Any good choices for a CTP of Transcendence? 20.4% all attack, 27.8% ignore dodge, when hp below 50%: decrease effect of deflect by 30% and reflect phys and energy for 3 sec and invincible for 3 sec. Reddit seems to favor Loki and Spidey 2099 when I googled it.

I've got energy on Cable and Jean Grey, and Refinement on Black Panther (didn't mean to but he's pretty much unkillable in SL now). I haven't gotten around to pulling the ones from the BP or IW challenges yet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've had a CTP of Refinement in my inventory forever and I just can't decide where to put it. I gave my two CTPs of Energy to Cable and Quicksilver, Spidey 2099 has a CTP of Patience and Kaecilus has a CTP of Refinement. Those last two are probably wastes since I don't even use them on a weekly basis in Shadowland but I gave them to them when I was struggling to finish it and it put them over the edge at the time. Neither is T2.

I should probably spend the crystals to remove them and give them to better characters. I can just never decide. New Cap could maybe use the Refinement since he does damage but sometimes gets killed off for me. But I don't want to do that before I T3 him and see what he's like. Hulk maybe, since he can sometimes be one shot by Proxima Ultimate. Or it would probably jack BP up (he's turned into my 5th daily Ultimate Proxima clear).

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
What's a good iso for Quasar guys?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
At 6* max mastery with the new outfit I was able to get through a SL with PM with her new outfit with her being only 57. So i'd say it was pretty good. I managed to get enough crystals to get another outfit before the sale ended, but decided to wait, which is good because they announced the next batch right after.

It's interesting looking at the percentages of choice for the selectors. I noticed Whiplash is fairly high up, is he secretly good or something?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

im freaking the heck out posted:

What's a good iso for Quasar guys?

Any offense set you roll first between Overdrive, Power of Angry Hulk or Hawks Eye should do ya.

twistedmentat posted:

It's interesting looking at the percentages of choice for the selectors. I noticed Whiplash is fairly high up, is he secretly good or something?

Nah, Whiplash is extremely bad. I really can't go to bat for him in any way. I'm guessing he's high up because there's no other way to get his bios and it's people rounding out their collection.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the most recent adds are usually up near the top when I pay attention. Probably just people filling out their ranks inflating the stats.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Whiplash plays like poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Whiplash is a guy some people were using to solo enemy Jean Greys in Timeline before Quicksilver was released. May not be why he's so high up on collection now, but PVP was pretty much his only real niche.