Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Looks like all that world-building they've been doing in Space Battleship Tiramisu is finally going to start paying off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You can talk a lot about Katanagatari, too: After all, everyone talks and talks and talks in the series proper, so it's only fair.

Cheerio!

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

eonwe posted:

Anyone have any suggestions for an anime that is 12 episodes or less that I can suggest for an anime discussion group I go to? The newer the better and probably less on the fanservicey side

It's 13 eps and less of a visual spectacle than Land of the Lustrous, but Rakugo is really good if you're down for some period piece drama.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well it's 13 eps if you only watch half the story

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Shh let them get hooked and then reveal that there's a season two later.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Shh let them get hooked and then reveal that there's a season two later.
Forget it, he's rolling.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
is there some anime person lurking in this thread because goblin slayer anime just got announced

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

no one post about it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Fangz posted:

is there some anime person lurking in this thread because goblin slayer anime just got announced

it was announced months ago

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It could be alright if they take out the rape

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

y'all have brain worms

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/somekindofthing/status/993798418945454080?s=19

Character codes are powerful

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Mobage seems like a wild world that I have little intention of ever stepping into.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's like games, but on a phone

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fangz posted:

Yup. They announced that the anime was reprising all the Voice Actors from the Drama CD's early 2018 and the first trailer came out in March.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Let's see some Monogatari numbers and then we'll talk.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Motto posted:

It's like games, but on a phone

Bad games

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

eonwe posted:

Anyone have any suggestions for an anime that is 12 episodes or less that I can suggest for an anime discussion group I go to? The newer the better and probably less on the fanservicey side

A little late to this, and it's a few years old, but Death Parade is good, not fanservicey, 12 episodes, has a lot to sink your teeth into, and has an OP that will genuinely get people interested.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

those darn casuals

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Paracelsus posted:

A little late to this, and it's a few years old, but Death Parade is good, not fanservicey, 12 episodes, has a lot to sink your teeth into, and has an OP that will genuinely get people interested.

That’s a real good call, yes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mobage is better than whatever aaa western game has a 20000 page thread in games this week

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

kratos angrily rolling a big physical gacha wheel for a 5* BOY

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Endorph posted:

mobage is better than whatever aaa western game has a 20000 page thread in games this week

I really wish there was a third kind of game

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

gacha addiction is a sickness, please get help

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I sometimes think about getting FE Heroes, but I don't really need more distractions at work, or more games.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

aaa games outside of the loot box infested ones, which are basically honorary mobage, dont prey on the mentally weak and ill

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

That’s a real good call, yes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

aaa games... dont prey on the mentally weak and ill
ive read a bunch of reviews of god of war and frankly im not sure about that

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I post, I regret.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Motto posted:

I post, I regret.

Ah, the SA experience.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My one regret is that as a Mexico-living dude, I can't get any cool gachas/mobages aside from like FE:Heroes without loving up my cellphone something fierce or getting a lovely VPN I'm never using for anything else.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Endorph posted:

ive read a bunch of reviews of god of war and frankly im not sure about that
as someone who played it, you might not be wrong

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Mobage killed video games. RIP.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So is the new LOGH an adequate take on the story?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Darth Walrus posted:

So is the new LOGH an adequate take on the story?
Bearly

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's good but since it's so short it can't really be considered a take on the story. more like a teaser for the original ova. well from that perspective it's good although it could be better

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Expect My Mom posted:

as someone who played it, you might not be wrong

what's wrong with Dad of war?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Everything I've heard about mobage suggests that they're basically electronic simulations of having a cocaine habit.

The fantasy-RPG redesigns of Hidamari Sketch and New Game characters are pretty cute though.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Eela6 posted:

what's wrong with Dad of war?
i was being snippy and hyperbolic, but honestly i feel it's too easy to get comfortable with your personal method of combat and the slow pace only exacerbates that, I'm already wishing it was shorter. The focus on gear is both too much and not enough, I can ignore it, but it makes sidequests a pain as there is no indication of the Recommended level for stuff and you can just get owned. But most of all, I think I'm just relating to the kid too much, and I'm not interested in a story of if emotionally abusive parents can or should be redeemed.

I'm interested in the setting tho and it's finally starting to make good on that so I might just beeline to the end

In Summary, God of War is a land of contrasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You guys are awesome.

Also I'm going to A-Kon and :siren: my girlfriend :siren: and I are doing Pop Team Epic cosplays

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread