Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Inferno-sama posted:

The problem with Kouji Kabuto and his Merry Friends is that it doesn't fit. If it did, we wouldn't have a problem, and every single game would be The Adventures of Kouji Kabuto and his Merry Friends...except for the OG games and UX

Those would, presumably just be "The Merry Friends".

On a much earlier topic, NHK just did a poll of the most popular Gundam shows, characters, mobile suits, and songs, and it's good news for Cima's future prospects.

47th most popular character overall, nineteen places ahead of Kou. Figure it boosts her odds of being playable in any future installments featuring 0083.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Man I get the gag with the Capital Army mostly digging up and repurposing UC era designs for their own purposes, but Klim Nick needs him Montero! Why would you leave that out

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Pureauthor posted:

Man I get the gag with the Capital Army mostly digging up and repurposing UC era designs for their own purposes, but Klim Nick needs him Montero! Why would you leave that out

Because G-Reco in this game starts after the point where he pretty much stopped using the Montero and traded it in for a Jahannam and they probably didn't feel like animating attacks for a Jahannam when Klim doesn't join you until he gets the Dahack.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

G-Reco has a shitload of one-off suits so I don't blame them for focusing on the Must Haves, especially because they can probably reasonably recycle a lot of stuff for further G-Reco appearances.

My biggest disappointment is honestly that G-Self itself gets weirdly shafted. You don't even get most of the packs as attacks.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

G-Reco has a shitload of one-off suits so I don't blame them for focusing on the Must Haves, especially because they can probably reasonably recycle a lot of stuff for further G-Reco appearances.

My biggest disappointment is honestly that G-Self itself gets weirdly shafted. You don't even get most of the packs as attacks.

Yeah, I originally expected the naked G-Self to be fairly barebones and it to pick up a bunch of new attacks along the way as the packs get deployed but instead it's a fairly complete package and none of the packs make it to attack form except the Assault Pack.

I appreciate that they at least tried to work them into the plot in entertaining ways(the reflector being used for Heero's introduction is especially great) instead of tossing them down the memory hole, at least.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

chiasaur11 posted:

47th most popular character overall, nineteen places ahead of Kou. Figure it boosts her odds of being playable in any future installments featuring 0083.

Well, hold out hope for Alpha 4, I guess. Unless maybe it tags in alongside Thunderbolt. The future of Gundam in SRW looks like IBO once or twice, then Unicorn, Unicorn, Hathaway, and more Unicorn.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

HitTheTargets posted:

Well, hold out hope for Alpha 4, I guess. Unless maybe it tags in alongside Thunderbolt. The future of Gundam in SRW looks like IBO once or twice, then Unicorn, Unicorn, Hathaway, and more Unicorn.

They made a lot of G-Reco assets for SRW X, honestly more than I expected even as one of the people who loves the show, so I would be stunned if we don't see G-Reco appear somewhat commonly.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Kanos posted:

They made a lot of G-Reco assets for SRW X, honestly more than I expected even as one of the people who loves the show, so I would be stunned if we don't see G-Reco appear somewhat commonly.

We need at least one post-apoc game where it teams up with Turn-A Gundam, Gundam X, Xabungle and Eureka Seven.

KoB
May 1, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

We need at least one post-apoc game where it teams up with Turn-A Gundam, Gundam X, Xabungle and Eureka Seven.

X is just begging to pair up with IBO.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

KoB posted:

X is just begging to pair up with IBO.

Meanwhile, I really want to see IBO in the same game as NGE, because Atra and Rei interacting would be amazing.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

chiasaur11 posted:

Meanwhile, I really want to see IBO in the same game as NGE, because Atra and Rei interacting would be amazing.

I feel I would die from the sheer adorableness of that scene and I'm completely okay with that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm surprised we still haven't seen Build Fighters yet. I would have figured with Mightgaine's meta-rear end commentary they would have found an excuse for it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Build Fighters seems like such an obvious go-to idea that yeah it's so puzzling that they haven't done it. You could make an entire SRW game based around the concept and it'd still be fun.

I'd kind of like to see that new Shinkalion in SRW at some point, with Mightgaine probably settling in as a new good hand for the series it might be fun to have it as the Zambot to its Daitarn 3 (plus Miku gets to be in an SRW game legitimately).

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
I've been advocating a Build Fighters/Keroro/Virtual On SRW since forever and I'm not stopping until it is done.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm expecting the inevitable Heero Supergroup with Wing, 00, IBO and maybe FMP.

Extra points if Heero does his "do I have to keep killing that girl and her dog?" speech only for Mika to really, really don't get why he's so upset about killing. Or Sosuke going through Mao grilling him because he can't take decisions on his own, only for Mika to not get why that's bad.

Honestly, Mikazuki is just a goldmine for comedy in the darkest possible way.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Sousuke, Heero, and Mika would nullify any human part of a story because they will instantly assassinate a target

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Now that Might Gaine's had a couple of games I'd be very happy if they put some of the other Brave shows in.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Droyer posted:

Now that Might Gaine's had a couple of games I'd be very happy if they put some of the other Brave shows in.

Give me Da Garn. GIVE IT TO ME.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm expecting the inevitable Heero Supergroup with Wing, 00, IBO and maybe FMP.

Extra points if Heero does his "do I have to keep killing that girl and her dog?" speech only for Mika to really, really don't get why he's so upset about killing. Or Sosuke going through Mao grilling him because he can't take decisions on his own, only for Mika to not get why that's bad.

Honestly, Mikazuki is just a goldmine for comedy in the darkest possible way.

There is a new FMP anime coming out, so it'd probably be a good fit. And Chidori realizing that Sosuke was comparatively well adjusted after a conversation with Mikazuki would be beautiful.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Hey people.

In an effort to try to jumpstart some kind of SRW fangame creation community or at least raise some interest in the aspect, I have started a Collaborative Project that anyone can participate in (In fact, beginners are specifically invited because this is meant to double as a learning process where I help anyone who needs it on the technical side.)

Details can be found in this Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/urQ0nnWk

This will be using the SRC Engine. Many aspects of creation has been made easy such as the wide variety of sprite packs available, premade maps provided and so on in order to minimize your personal time investment on the project.

The emphasis is on submitting a completed, working stage and you won't be judged on the quality of your writing/game design/etc. You're encouraged to keep it plot light so this is a good chance to use series that's "out there" due to difficulty in writing a crossover such as Build Fighters.

(Also while I wrote that this officially starts on June and ends at the end of it, but I actually don't really care if anyone does an early submission and it's more of a time suggestion on yourself, so to speak.)

Anyway, thanks for reading, hope some of you decide to take part.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

FMP anime is already out, but also there's an FMP (with English translation) strategy game coming out relatively soon. I dunno if the FMP people want to keep out of SRW to start their own brand of SRPG for a while.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ImpAtom posted:

Give me Da Garn. GIVE IT TO ME.

Super Brave Wars. All of them.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
The thing with Build Fighters is that it'd be hard to incorporate into the story. I mean, best I can think of is you get the Build Strike as a temp on a couple of stages, then whatever mechanic we have basically builds it for reals with Sei and has the controls set up like in Gunpla Battle so Reiji can understand, and then later does the same with the Gundam X Maoh, Wing Gundam Fenice and (late game) Amazing Exia, with secret units Miss Sazabi, Mr Bearguy III, Crossbone X Maoh and Ramba Ral R35. Hopefully though, we will NOT get the Mrs Loheng-Rinko because seriously how the hell does that work?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The ending of Build Fighters is a final battle where gunpla became reality. Not really hard to go from there.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I wasnt really prepared for Banjo to go out the way he did.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Tae posted:

The ending of Build Fighters is a final battle where gunpla became reality. Not really hard to go from there.

Problem is up until then they're only temporary units until then. And they don't stay a reality since they go back to being gunpla. Plus, they're still tiny.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

They could just do what they do for a lot of the weird series and basically make up an original story that mimics the basic plot beats of the show.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Build Fighters but it's post-series and the setting is actually whatever Reiji's isekai was called - Reiji joins you in his 1:1 scale Gunpla to protect his kingdom. Sei later turns up as a subpilot and starts working on upgrades.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Inferno-sama posted:

The thing with Build Fighters is that it'd be hard to incorporate into the story. I mean, best I can think of is you get the Build Strike as a temp on a couple of stages, then whatever mechanic we have basically builds it for reals with Sei and has the controls set up like in Gunpla Battle so Reiji can understand, and then later does the same with the Gundam X Maoh, Wing Gundam Fenice and (late game) Amazing Exia, with secret units Miss Sazabi, Mr Bearguy III, Crossbone X Maoh and Ramba Ral R35. Hopefully though, we will NOT get the Mrs Loheng-Rinko because seriously how the hell does that work?

Presumably roughly the same way as the Valsione or, to a lesser extent, any of the mechs in Darling in the Franxx.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Honestly the best solution is to just stick units from those series in as secrets where it would make sense(like in a game with the original Gundam have Forever Gundam and Zaku Amazing as secret units)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Post series build fighters would be interesting with king reiji since they did stuff like mx where half the series were post show.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
You could set it up like Divers taken one step further: the Gunpla kids are in the real world and adventure into what they think is a game, but it turns out is another dimension.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Ender's Game: Gunpla Edition

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How long until I start meeting Gundam characters in SRWX? Did I go wrong picking the girl character or something? I’m on like Scenario 4 in Chapter 2.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Taintrunner posted:

How long until I start meeting Gundam characters in SRWX? Did I go wrong picking the girl character or something? I’m on like Scenario 4 in Chapter 2.

Really soon. All the route splits in the game are 'All Gundams+Buddy Complex' and 'Everyone else'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

literally next map

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Zore posted:

Really soon. All the route splits in the game are 'All Gundams+Buddy Complex' and 'Everyone else'

Up to and including Cross Ange despite at least half the Gundam events nominally using Misurugi as a setting.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

EthanSteele posted:

Super Brave Wars. All of them.

There's 2 of those on the PS1. They're called Brave Saga and Brave Saga 2.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

chiasaur11 posted:

There is a new FMP anime coming out, so it'd probably be a good fit. And Chidori realizing that Sosuke was comparatively well adjusted after a conversation with Mikazuki would be beautiful.

It probably says bad things about me but Mika being such an emotionally hosed murder gremlin was a neat kick for the show, since they played it up for horror and depression way more often than comedy, unlike say FMP. Also Barbatoss is one of the sickest Gundam designs in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Who is a good pilot for the Gundam Mk II? I know it's not great but it's animated well and I'm determined to use it.

• Locked thread