Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Stare-Out posted:

I have Saddest Rhino on ignore

IOSM coming from inside the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Ularg posted:

This makes no sense. I hate Emojis.

Ipso facto you hate gay people

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Manuel Calavera posted:

Descartes or Kant, whichever drank the most. Socrates himself was permanently pissed.

I hear Immanuel Kant was a real pissant, who was very rarely stable

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

CodfishCartographer posted:

IOSM coming from inside the thread

I'm just shooting the messenger because that's the only way I can protect myself from the horrible message.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Tiresias2 posted:

Ingratiation with a group.

And here I thought that I preferred to play as a female character because I have an easier time putting myself in the head of another woman! Turns out I was just virtue signaling. Oh well!

Besesoth posted:

Is there a term for this, where someone trademarks a commonly-used word with a ton of prior art and then is shocked, shocked they say, when people get pissed off about it? If there's not I propose the Hon Effect (by analogy to the Streisand Effect).

It's called patent trolling. Technically, that lady only has the rights to the word "cocky" in a particular cursive font, but it's easier for a small-time publisher to let Hopkins have her way than to pay lawyers thousands of dollars to prove she's wrong.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Besesoth posted:

Is there a term for this, where someone trademarks a commonly-used word with a ton of prior art and then is shocked, shocked they say, when people get pissed off about it? If there's not I propose the Hon Effect (by analogy to the Streisand Effect).

This is probably a bigger and funnier example of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edge_Games

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

TheManWithNoName posted:

Ipso facto you hate gay people

I self hate a lot.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ularg posted:

I self hate a lot.

Hey now, there's no need for that. :smith: Take that inward hate and direct it outward. There's so many neo-nazis now, in 2018 there's no need to hate yourself just for being gay.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

RareAcumen posted:

Hey now, there's no need for that. :smith: Take that inward hate and direct it outward. There's so many neo-nazis now, in 2018 there's no need to hate yourself just for being gay.

I'm more technically Bi, but everything else still stands. :geno:

I don't know if people still view Bi's as traitors or deviants or not.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Speaking of liberalism; it's amazing to see the terrible weights placed upon some people in the world:

I love how neither of them have even considered for a second the idea of not wanting to gently caress someone who is in a relationship already.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Ularg posted:

There will always be people who see that others are doing/liking different things and label them negatively. gently caress those people. Be who you are and be proud of it!

Unless you're a furry. Then you can gently caress right off.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Flyinglemur posted:

There will always be people who see that others are doing/liking different things and label them negatively. gently caress those people. Be who you are and be proud of it!

Then don't look at my rapsheet. :v:

I'm not but GBS was mad

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Tiresias2 posted:

This is an interesting remark because it sheds light on, at least what I'll call, the relativity of subjectivity. I think Nietzsche once said he could explain any philosopher's philosophy through their neuroses. Well, I have some very misogynistic thoughts some times but then I remind myself that I haven't had a friend that is a woman in a while, and that I usually have these thoughts when I'm alone, and that the information I have acquired in life is perhaps not only not sufficient for a generalization, but based on faulty premises about what is generally good and bad for an individual to do, and so it would hardly be justified of me to systematically create a world-view based on these thoughts.

The term is usually actor-observer bias.

You're showing some good self-awareness here, but sadly your condition is not the kind you can think your way out of. Are you talking to anyone professionally?

quote:

Edit: That was very self-centered of me, but I would like to think that you could be relatively dispassionate and objective too, and so could anyone else.

Oh, sir is so generous! :nallears:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Flyinglemur posted:

Furries aren't as useful of a category as they used to be, we're all about nazis these days.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Doc Hawkins posted:

Furries aren't as useful of a category as they used to be, we're all about nazis these days.

You say this like there aren't Nazi furries or something.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Ularg posted:

Actually, the common view of Bi people is "liar, loving pick one."

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
thats just jealousy

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

SpacePig posted:

You say this like there aren't Nazi furries or something.

No, that's exactly what I mean: dividing into "furry" and "not furry" has become less useful than "fashy" and "not fashy."

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Furries are okay, if not my particular jam. Fascists are bad. That's my hot take.

Ularg posted:

Maybe it's just the people I happen to know, but it feels like more people fall somewhere in the middle than are straight up one or the other. It's better than it was even 10 years ago.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Doc Hawkins posted:

No, that's exactly what I mean: dividing into "furry" and "not furry" has become less useful than "fashy" and "not fashy."

Oh, that's fair. I get it now.

Asiina posted:

Furries are okay, if not my particular jam. Fascists are bad. That's my hot take.

:yeah:

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I'd rather go for coffee with a furry than a Nazi.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Descartes or Kant, whichever drank the most. Socrates himself was permanently pissed.

Immanuel Kant was real pissant, Hobbes was fond of his dram, and Rene Descartes was a drunken fart, I drink there for I am.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ularg posted:

Ugh, dammit, why'd you have to go and make this more complicated by being bi?

This sucks, I'm going my own way now.

https://twitter.com/ButNoPotato/status/992259450172882945
https://twitter.com/ButNoPotato/status/993348843130572801
https://twitter.com/ButNoPotato/status/992138116046770177

Asiina posted:

Yeah, same here. Doesn't help that everyone's evaluation can easily tilt towards 'If you play a game with an animal protagonist you're a furry' or 'If you're not going out to conventions in a fursuit you're not a furry.'

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I love the reaction of "FURRIES AREN'T AS BAD AS NAZIS" Jesus loving Christ, MORE THAN ONE THING CAN BE BAD AT A TIME, I just didn't feel like making a list.

RoboRodent posted:

I'd rather go for coffee with a furry than a Nazi.

I'd rather have my coffee alone.

And definitely not with a Brony because man they are worse than Furries.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tiresias2 posted:

Well, I have some very misogynistic thoughts some times but then I remind myself that I haven't had a friend that is a woman in a while

Maybe they find you unbearably dull and tedious.

Maybe people want to play a woman because Women Exist and want to play as their own gender. There are a myriad reasons someone might want to play as not-a-dude, even if they are "I want to look at a girl's butt while I play instead of a dude's" or something equally as puerile.

Stare-Out posted:

I loving hate emojis. I have Saddest Rhino on ignore because of it, so nothing personal buddy. :( I wish the ignore extended to quotes too.

I have good news for you! Extensions exist to kill those.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/no-emoji/

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
giving a poo poo about furries is so 1900s

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheKennedys posted:

I hear Immanuel Kant was a real pissant, who was very rarely stable

and Hobbes was fond of his Dram. Thank you for catching on.

e - thank you porktree, too.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I yearn for the days when furries and the goatman were the most disgusting things on the internet

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Ok so apparently I am the idiot on social media. I thought that everyone was on the same page re: pit bulls, but man their apologists are worse than Trumps.

vvv No no no, I had to delete the whole drat Facebook post. I'm not trying to start it here. I'm referring to the attitude of the people only! vvv

Gynocentric Regime has a new favorite as of 22:06 on May 8, 2018

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Gynocentric Regime posted:

Ok so apparently I am the idiot on social media. I thought that everyone was on the same page re: pit bulls, but man their apologists are worse than Trumps.

yes, let's explore this

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Pitbulls and/or pitbull owners: better or worse than circumcision?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Circumcise your murder dogs.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
And don't forget to tip your server when you go out afterwards!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

vvv No no no, I had to delete the whole drat Facebook post. I'm not trying to start it here. I'm referring to the attitude of the people only! vvv

Well thank god you updated us about what's happening on your facebook page then!!

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Welp it looks like Tiresias2's beep-boop gimmick got stale fast. Time for Tiresias2.1 or even 3.0

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Well thank god you updated us about what's happening on your facebook page then!!

I said I was an idiot, what do you want?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I want you to smooch the pibbies.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

captainOrbital posted:

Pitbulls and/or pitbull owners: better or worse than circumcision?

Pitbull owns and the people who sent him to Alaska are the ultimate Pitbull owners. Don't know about his dick status though.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Hey I didn't see your original post, but if this is your idea of admitting a mistake then I just want you to know you should still go gently caress yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Weatherman posted:

Welp it looks like Tiresias2's beep-boop gimmick got stale fast. Time for Tiresias2.1 or even 3.0

good thing we've got a full page of content to counter...balance...it........oh

https://twitter.com/Goons_TXT/status/992826269468430337