Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moola
Aug 16, 2006

cvnvcnv posted:

You're asking a thread full of cunts who also don't play the game lmao

geez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Minrad posted:

I did mercury for an hour before the servers went down, and while I didnt do the campaign for coo yet, I feel like I saw everything mercury had to offer.

I appreciate having another different area to go romp around in but lol holy poo poo I feel bad for anyone who dropped... 15? 20 bucks? on that dlc.

It was pretty bad

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Despite not having played for at least a month and a half I am still going to give this xpac a chance. This is of course because I stupidly have already paid for it but why not lean in to the sunk cost fallacy?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I feel good that I didn't get the season pass but I very much did enjoy my time shooting guns in this game. I'll be eagerly reading this thread for how bad the expansion is.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

fast cars loose anus posted:

Despite not having played for at least a month and a half I am still going to give this xpac a chance. This is of course because I stupidly have already paid for it but why not lean in to the sunk cost fallacy?

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

I'm planning on at least giving all my exotics another play and doing the story missions. Doubt I'll get back into the "log on each week and do the same 4 strikes again and again to try to increase an imaginary number which has no impact on your game experience at all", but you know.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
here's a good summary of what's happened since coo and what's in the patch today, for people who have done nothing but laugh at destiny for five months

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/8gim21/so_you_havent_played_destiny_since_curse_of_osiris/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/8hmxiw/countdown_to_warmind_launch_time_everything_we/

I just found out masterwork armor can reroll the stat type of a piece of armor, and now I'm excited at being able to play fashion and not cripple my gameplay.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Minrad posted:

here's a good summary of what's happened since coo and what's in the patch today, for people who have done nothing but laugh at destiny for five months

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/8gim21/so_you_havent_played_destiny_since_curse_of_osiris/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/8hmxiw/countdown_to_warmind_launch_time_everything_we/

I just found out masterwork armor can reroll the stat type of a piece of armor, and now I'm excited at being able to play fashion and not cripple my gameplay.

lol what is with the crucible playlist thing? What the hell is wrong with the way it worked in D1? (other than I guess at this point there might not be enough players to support choosing a particular gametype).

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

DrNutt posted:

lol what is with the crucible playlist thing? What the hell is wrong with the way it worked in D1? (other than I guess at this point there might not be enough players to support choosing a particular gametype).

Bungie bad

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
No patch notes yet?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Well yeah but have they even attempted to give a reasoning for it?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Minrad posted:

lmfao I hope you can figure out how to play the game

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

DrNutt posted:

you answered it lol

last time i saw that one dude tracking trials it was down to like 50k unique players each weekend, between both pc and console, and that was like three months ago. i wonder how dead it is now, and how required ddosing is.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Gonna be real hard for Anthem to be a Destiny killer when Destiny killed itself.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
When Overwatch launched, wasn't there just one button saying "PLAY?" ?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

When Overwatch launched, wasn't there just one button saying "PLAY?" ?

And somehow its loot box content gets defended to death

:thunk:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Waffle House posted:

Wanting to gently caress the characters apparently goes a long way in people defending lovely things.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

DrNutt posted:

Wanting to gently caress the characters apparently goes a long way in people defending lovely things.

V A R I K S

Also, nice to see you post, Mr. Babadook Bungie. Glad you're alive.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

cvnvcnv posted:

V A R I K S

Also, nice to see you post, Mr. Babadook Bungie. Glad you're alive.

Thanks. Since taking a break from Destiny and Destiny-postin' I've played a lot of Yakuza. And PUBG. But mostly Yakuza.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Waffle House posted:

To my knowledge, overwatch has never throttled progress towards a lootbox in the background.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

To my knowledge, overwatch has never throttled progress towards a lootbox in the background.

thank you for logging in

Also go log in, it's up!!

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 8, 2018

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: Get your dick, balls and rear end to Mars all! We are live! If you are lurking this thread and quit the game, it’s time to unquit. It’s time to remember the sunk cost fallacy and log in!!! :ducksiren:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

:ducksiren: Get your dick, balls and rear end to Mars all! We are live! If you are lurking this thread and quit the game, it’s time to unquit. It’s time to remember the sunk cost fallacy and log in!!! :ducksiren:

You might even get a complimentary RNG dropped Catalyst!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

IIRC, Sweet Business does low, low, LOW damage. Larger magazine isn't gonna do much for me.

EDIT: lol wait, all they're doing is increasing the RESERVES? What happened to their "we don't want to nerf Vigilance Wing; we want to Buff all the exotics to its level!"

Sweet Business with Actium War Rig means Titans can fire it for a very long time without watching the reloading animation. Warlocks with Lunafaction Boots can fire the hell out of it forever until the reserves are gone.

So it is pretty good still if you play two of the game's three classes and are willing to work your exotic armor choice around it. Hunters should just find something else they enjoy.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 8, 2018

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Destiny 2, brought to you by the Googley Eyed Critter!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I really hope this expansion doesn't suck because they made pulse rifles fun.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
hi i got this chode from the humble thing how do i get a clan for free items

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Clans are in the OP.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Tried to do the first story mission, got disconnected from the mission at the Ogre Boss 3 separate times.

:bang:

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

DLC missions fun. New gun missions not so much. Story short. Changes good. Game .. Fine.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ugh, game still being really screwy with slow loading/tool tips/items and stuff taking forever to load.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Ugh, game still being really screwy with slow loading/tool tips/items and stuff taking forever to load.

installed on an ssd?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The campaign is almost worse than CoO's, which is pretty impressive tbh.

ahahahaha holy poo poo and it ends right when something interesting happens loving how can they be so bad at writing

1stGear fucked around with this message at 23:48 on May 8, 2018

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
i applied to KINK because the name is funny

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it seems like the new strike doesn't count as heroic if you queue into it from the heroic strike playlist lmao

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it seems like the new strike doesn't count as heroic if you queue into it from the heroic strike playlist lmao

Fix to be implemented in September

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

1stGear posted:

ahahahaha holy poo poo and it ends right when something interesting happens loving how can they be so bad at writing
The little I did of CoO was good because it replaced Ghost, annoying piece of poo poo extraordinaire, with Sagira, who is better in every way.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Is there room in hotdogs

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

1stGear posted:

It IS worse than CoO. It shits all over some of the best hive lore in the game, and it doesn't even introduce you to fun characters and decent boss fights. Do you even meet Ana Bray's ghost? I kind of glazed over because the story was so stupid and inconsequential.

Seriously if they had anybody with any talent still writing over there they would have done something interesting with the deep (other than a hilariously stupid cutscene) and save Xol for a hive raid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

1stGear posted:

At least it doesn't make you run through the infinite forest several times.

Here's a new exotic SMG I got:

The portion of your magazine it refunds (it generates it, not taking it from reserves) is half, BTW. It has a fairly long but classy-looking reload animation. It also has rampage and ricochet rounds. The perfect mook-murderer.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 9, 2018

• Locked thread