Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Saint Freak posted:

Pinball Arcade Losing Over 50 Bally and Williams Tables On June 30th
Farsight Studios have announced via Facebook that their licensing agreement for the Williams and Bally pinball trademarks will not be renewed. Tables manufactured by those two companies will no longer be purchasable within Pinball Arcade on all platforms. This includes everything from Medival Madness and Black Knight 2000 to licensed titles such as Doctor Who and Terminator 2: Judgement Day. The latter pair is notable, as they are two of the five crowdfunded tables present in the current game. All these Kickstarter successes will no longer be available to purchase once the update rolls out.

Overall, Pinball Arcade will be reduced from the current 95 tables to just 33.

Lol. Mega RIP. Just say you're not supporting the game anymore. De-list it.

GTA4 recently patched out most of its music

anyway here's a scene from TESTAMENT OF SHERLOCK HOLMES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYu95rSlOSE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I thought the music that got taken out of GTA4 was mainly the Russian stuff, not the majority of music

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It'd be cool if they could patch out Games for Windows Live from GTA4 while they're at it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why haven't they done a definitive edition or w/e of GTA4/DLC anyways

It seems like easy money

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

cause they want people to play gta online instead

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Convex posted:

Do you get enough exercise? Also are you using f.lux or other screen dimming software on your PC or phone

At the moment we think it's most likely chronic fatigue, possibly brought on by my mess of brain problems.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

I thought the music that got taken out of GTA4 was mainly the Russian stuff, not the majority of music
I also thought they replaced it.

I want to say San Andreas had to make changes to it's soundtrack well after the fact...

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

At the moment we think it's most likely chronic fatigue, possibly brought on by my mess of brain problems.

sorry man

could be worth checking your iron and vitamin D levels as well

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's hilarious how fast I'm speeding through DS2 compared to my first run.

Maybe I finally got good...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Convex posted:

sorry man

Nah man no need to apologize, it's alright :)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nintendo officially discontinuing 'virtual console' is basically shouting from the rooftop "steal our poo poo" but w/e, do what you do nintendo

rather than that I want to talk about this loving super cool looking game coming out this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tEgeZrOOHM

having just beaten prey i am up for more '-shock' games

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quest For Glory II posted:

rather than that I want to talk about this loving super cool looking game coming out this year

drat, that looks super Bioshocky

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

an actual dog posted:

cause they want people to play gta online instead

Speaking of GTA, a mod came out for it. It's like a single player "battlegrounds" type thing

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/complex-control-rogue-battleroyale-lite-hybrid-for-gtav-sp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT1Had1r52k

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Why haven't they done a definitive edition or w/e of GTA4/DLC anyways

It seems like easy money

Do you mean a proper PS4/XB1 version? I feel like the game has too many rough edges to be worth it. They made it backwards-compatible on Xbox One, though, and at least on the last gen systems it's been available as an all-in-one physical SKU for several years now.

DLC Inc posted:

Guess this is why it got taken off Switch so fast. I was looking forward to having it portable but looks like that's never gonna happen.

Good news, it's on PSVita and cross-buy...

with the PS3 version, not the PS4 version, so you can get it portable but are gonna have to buy a second copy of all the tables. :retrogames:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_0r6fRx6a8

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

didn't know this game existed, has now shot up to near the top of my most anticipated. this looks raaaaaaaaad

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is Mirror’s Edge 2 any fun?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess it's a little bland (I can remember literally nothing about the story except for people saying the villain looked like the EA E3 guy) and open world was probably the wrong way to go with it but running and jumping around still feels good so I liked it

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 8, 2018

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So continuing playing some indie games after just getting through two lengthy AAA games, I started Minit this morning...and also beat Minit this morning. I did miss a ton of stuff (I think I only got 50% completion) but I dunno, the game just didn't grab me. It's a game that's all about it's gimmick with gameplay that is just passable and mostly just does it's best to get out of the way of the gimmick. I guess in general it's more of a puzzle game than a Zelda game but I kind of hate time limits in puzzle games because I like just being able to think about stuff built and this is a puzzle game completely built around its time limit. After awhile all the time limit adds is a bunch of tedious backtracking getting of the way of me trying to take time to figure stuff out. It's a concept that's interesting but in practice I think I just find it more irritating than anything else.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ever wanted to play a game that was a combination of Shovel Knight and The Deer Hunter? Have I got the game for you!

https://fourquarters.itch.io/roulette-knight-ludum-dare-41

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

It is not. The one good thing about the original (cool parkour routes) is hosed up because it's open world so you have to redo them multiple times and they can't be too intricate.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Jay Rust posted:

It improves on the first one in pretty much every single way, except the story is a big nothing.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Nintendo officially discontinuing 'virtual console' is basically shouting from the rooftop "steal our poo poo" but w/e, do what you do nintendo

bioсука

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Theres no need for vc. Every console including switch sells old games just like any other item on the store.
Nintendo is just holding poo poo back

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samuringa posted:

It improves on the first one in pretty much every single way, except the story is a big nothing.

I didnt like it as much tho

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I mean the story in the original Mirror's Edge was also a big nothing so you'll have to be more specific.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm sure somebody is a big fan of those e-surance commercials.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Mirror's Edge had a great soundtrack. Also the PC version still looks super good

The DLC is worth it also

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Phantasium posted:

I'm sure somebody is a big fan of those e-surance commercials.

A quick google search will well you that yes, some people really really are.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Holy moly but Outlast 2 was terrible.

It's literally just the same gameplay loop over and over for 5ish hours. There's the quiet bits where you are walking around and scavenging batteries and bandages then you hit a checkpoint and enemies spawn and you just run to the next checkpoint to make them go away again so you can get back to scavenging in the next area.

You are supposed to use stealth and whatever but there is no reason to do any of that because moving to the next bit of the level just makes the threat despawn. Occasionally you get teleported to a school and replay the same 5 corridors with insta-kill trial and error monsters chasing you. You deal with them by finding the next checkpoint to make them despawn.

Add to that the worst voice acting I have experienced in years, an utterly dogshit story that doesn't really get fleshed out or make sense and a fuckton of cringeworthy teenage edgelord poo poo and it is easily one of the worst games I've played in the past few years.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

spudsbuckley posted:

It's literally just the same gameplay loop over and over for 5ish hours. There's the quiet bits where you are walking around and scavenging batteries and bandages then you hit a checkpoint and enemies spawn and you just run to the next checkpoint to make them go away again so you can get back to scavenging in the next area.

You are supposed to use stealth and whatever but there is no reason to do any of that because moving to the next bit of the level just makes the threat despawn. Occasionally you get teleported to a school and replay the same 5 corridors with insta-kill trial and error monsters chasing you. You deal with them by finding the next checkpoint to make them despawn.

Add to that the worst voice acting I have experienced in years, an utterly dogshit story that doesn't really get fleshed out or make sense and a fuckton of cringeworthy teenage edgelord poo poo and it is easily one of the worst games I've played in the past few years.

If you want the cherry on top of the poo poo Sunday look up "Outlast 2 cut audio" on youtube.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Deadfire is great so far. Good job obsidian

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

spudsbuckley posted:

I liked the first game quite a bit. So it's bad compared to the first one?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

al-azad posted:

If you want the cherry on top of the poo poo Sunday look up "Outlast 2 cut audio" on youtube.

Ugh. That scene was already incredibly on-the-nose because the writers are apparently utter loving hacks.

It's nearly incomprehensible how they made it even worse. It's not even done for any kind of thought provoking reason or as an attempt make the player confront something uncomfortable to increase the impact of the story, it's literally just "LOOKIT HOW FUKKIN GROSS THIS IS!".

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

man nurse posted:

I liked the first game quite a bit. So it's bad compared to the first one?

It is truly godawful. The first one feels like it was a completely different developer.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Got a robot named fight today, it’s a pretty fun roguelike. I can see myself shelving it in a few weeks but it’s a fun little gameplay loop. Hella repetitive on the rooms, though.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The only thing you need to know about Outlast 2 is that it has a pit of dead babies.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's the edgy stuff in Outlast 2

^^
e: oh ok

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

al-azad posted:

The only thing you need to know about Outlast 2 is that it has a pit of dead babies.

press x to hide in pit of dead babies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

al-azad posted:

What is the context here?

• Locked thread