Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I was raised to believe death would offer you to play a chess match for your life, but now gently caress my liver, I ain’t dying ever.

A shameful edit

FrozenVent fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

FrozenVent posted:

I was raised to believe death would offer you to play a chess match for your life, but now gently caress my liver, I ain’t dying ever.

Smug fuzzball is smug. As long as he gets pets and chin rubs.

https://news.google.com/news/amp?ca...oe%2F#pt0-24798

Japanese leader visits Israel is served dessert in a shoe. Not quite barfing in his lap, but close.

Edit: damnit, wrong thread. Three cups of coffee and a monster and I'm still tired and dumb

Steezo fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 9, 2018

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Pretty good Seventh Seal reference:

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

DoktorLoken posted:

Blanks will still kill you dead or severely injure you at close range.

More people need to learn from In Bruges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPlCQBNSrIo

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

shame on an IGA posted:

Oh man Bill & Ted 3 gonna be LIT
The actor who played death in Bogus Journey will be in the third movie.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
And they got the director of Galaxy Quest. :dance:

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011
https://twitter.com/IDFSpokesperson/status/994625305007607813

:rip:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Godholio posted:

And they got the director of Galaxy Quest. :dance:

Oh man, that's awesome.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

wait I thought Russian AA systems were these magical devices that shoot down everything 100% of the time

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Effectiveness is already overhyped, but the effectiveness goes waaaaay down when you all hang out near the system fretting rather than manning it.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Oh man someone from the group ran behind the vehicle towards the beginning and ate the poo poo out of that bomb/missile lol whoops

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
They all hosed anyway

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

mlmp08 posted:

Effectiveness is already overhyped, but the effectiveness goes waaaaay down when you all hang out near the system fretting rather than manning it.

Gotta get in the pre-war circle jerk to raise morale!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xllG3fSUAOw

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Man I loving love real life mad max cars.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Missionary Positron posted:

wait I thought Russian AA systems were these magical devices that shoot down everything 100% of the time

He DEAD

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Missionary Positron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrB7TwC_mCA

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011
https://twitter.com/QalaatAlMudiq/status/995031256114040833

From the soot and crap on the rocket pods it looks like the launcher had already shot it's load. The cab of the truck is super hosed, I wonder if they can pry the shooty bits off and repair it?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
they'll just pry the shooty bits off and slap them on a hilux...?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Sorry for the Facebook video, but this got a chuckle out of me

https://www.facebook.com/figlidelpresidenteputin/videos/1880363125589234/

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Russia is a strange place.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

Russia is a strange place.

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist
Some good drone footage here. I just can't imagine what it's going to take to clean all this up once this is all over.

https://twitter.com/QalaatAlMudiq/status/995704887198605312

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Huskalator posted:

Some good drone footage here. I just can't imagine what it's going to take to clean all this up once this is all over.

https://twitter.com/QalaatAlMudiq/status/995704887198605312

Aren't those mine-clearing devices supposed to have the explodey-rope fixed to the original location in some way, so that it's actually laid out in a straight line before detonating?
It seems like that thing had all the explodey-rope trail behind the propulsion chagrge and then dogpile in the landing zone. Though, on second thought, I wouldn't be surprised if that was exactly what they were going for.

Also, holy gently caress Damascus got turbo-Dresdened :stare:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

God almighty. It's so weird seeing completely demolished cities and have it not be a picture of Stalingrad in 1942.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

How long do you think it'll take for Damascus to get repopulated and rebuilt? Stalingrad was still mostly makeshift structures 5 years after the war ended, and that was with the aid of tens of thousands of German prisoners and the full economic resources of the Soviet Union.

I could see Damascus looking something like Megaton in Fallout 3 for a long time after the civil war ends.

Smashurbanipal
Sep 12, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT BEING A SHITTY POSTER
Crazy thing is that if you look at Damascus, it's only certain areas that are ghoulish hellscapes. Asymmetric warfare is weird that way. Aleppo, Homs and Hama are in worse shape, and the US decided that Raqqa shouldn't really exist anymore.

Hama got flattened in '82 by Assad Pere and had bounced back before the latest pounding started.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Beastie posted:

God almighty. It's so weird seeing completely demolished cities and have it not be a picture of Stalingrad in 1942.

http://iqc.ou.edu/2014/12/12/60yrsmidwest/ :smith:

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

How long do you think it'll take for Damascus to get repopulated and rebuilt? Stalingrad was still mostly makeshift structures 5 years after the war ended, and that was with the aid of tens of thousands of German prisoners and the full economic resources of the Soviet Union.

I could see Damascus looking something like Megaton in Fallout 3 for a long time after the civil war ends.

Keep in mind they've also built extensive tunnel networks, and there's a massive amount of UXO that needs cleaning up. It's a similar situation in Raqqa and Mosul at the moment, only a few days ago there was a report of an unexploded car bomb detonating as they were clearing rubble from a collapsed building. I've done workshops with Syrians from various parts of Syria who haven't been home in years, and sometimes they look at their old homes on satellite imagery to see what they look like now, and inevitably they're piles of rubble. For most of them it's the first time they've had chance to see what their homes are like now.

Brown Moses fucked around with this message at 08:59 on May 15, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Brown Moses posted:

Keep in mind they've also built extensive tunnel networks, and there's a massive amount of UXO that needs cleaning up.

So....even more like Megaton in Fallout 3.

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Aren't those mine-clearing devices supposed to have the explodey-rope fixed to the original location in some way, so that it's actually laid out in a straight line before detonating?
It seems like that thing had all the explodey-rope trail behind the propulsion chagrge and then dogpile in the landing zone. Though, on second thought, I wouldn't be surprised if that was exactly what they were going for.

Yeah, it's supposed to be linear charge to clear a path through a minefield. This one worked the way it was supposed to, but it looks like they just used it as ad hoc rocket artillery. From looking at the video it appears that the portion with the charges ended up draped over a building when it landed.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

What I saw from it was:
  • Replace communities with highways and interstates
  • Replace communities with parking lots
  • Push people further out so said people spend more time on the highways so they can get to a parking lot

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Howard Phillips posted:

What I saw from it was:
  • Push people further out so said people spend more time on the highways so they can get to a parking lot

Also: gently caress poor people

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Howard Phillips posted:

What I saw from it was:

Add a (big) dash of racism.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I want to see both sides using these scrap vehicles in a car chase.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
That is straight up an Ork Trukk

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

chitoryu12 posted:

I want to see both sides using these scrap vehicles in a car chase.

These blast points are too accurate for sand people.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

DoktorLoken posted:

Add a (big) dash of racism.

Add in some redeveolped brownstones into upscale housing and baby you've got a stew gentrification going.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Howard Phillips posted:

What I saw from it was:

I like how everybody got at least one baseball stadium too. Its like everybody was reading the same "how to be mayor" magazines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Brown Moses posted:

Keep in mind they've also built extensive tunnel networks, and there's a massive amount of UXO that needs cleaning up. It's a similar situation in Raqqa and Mosul at the moment, only a few days ago there was a report of an unexploded car bomb detonating as they were clearing rubble from a collapsed building. I've done workshops with Syrians from various parts of Syria who haven't been home in years, and sometimes they look at their old homes on satellite imagery to see what they look like now, and inevitably they're piles of rubble. For most of them it's the first time they've had chance to see what their homes are like now.

That sounds like torture.