Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Make Doomfist's standard melee propel him forward a few inches each time so he can always be punching as a form of travel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Honestly I wouldn't mind if they massively dropped the damage of his charge punch in exchange for it no longer having a cooldown

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
There's nothing as hilarious as dropping a steel trap between myself and a Doomfist (or Reinhardt) so they get get pounded in the face by my garbage tier frag grenade aim.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly I wouldn't mind if they massively dropped the damage of his charge punch in exchange for it no longer having a cooldown

Wouldn't be very *~thematic~* though

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Wouldn't be very *~thematic~* though

They could just amp up the damage on his other abilities in exchange

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

doomfist's rocket punch would have to be massively reworked to function without a cooldown. imagine how much mobility doomfist would have with no cooldown; hell, imagine how utterly obnoxious it would be for him to stunlock you with it

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

ya if there’s one thing people are asking for right now it’s more CC

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

There will never be enough CC. Give me all of it. Make Bastion fire rocket punching Doomfists that explode into shield bashing Brigittes

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Well I was also thinking remove the CC

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he'll still be faster than tracer or soldier with that ridiculous mobility. even if they shortened the length you traveled, you could just spam it infinitely to move faster

it'd also be pretty much worthless for fighting people if you gutted the damage and removed the stun. that's, uh... not good

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

If you're in melee range when you left click he also punches with his shotgun hand, doing punch+full shell of damage.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dick Burglar posted:

Here's a silly idea for McCree: what if fan the hammer didn't use his primary gun, but a second hidden, smaller revolver he draws with his left hand? That way it wouldn't use up ammo from his main gun and force you to reload immediately after. It would give him some increased burst damage, at least, since you wouldn't have to burn his roll to get back to shooting again quickly. Probably not enough of a boost to really make much of a difference (plus it would require a lot of new art assets for a relatively minor change, so meh), but just a thought.

What if he had a 15 second cool down on a guaranteed headshot and getting a kill brought it off cool down immediately.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

he'll still be faster than tracer or soldier with that ridiculous mobility. even if they shortened the length you traveled, you could just spam it infinitely to move faster

it'd also be pretty much worthless for fighting people if you gutted the damage and removed the stun. that's, uh... not good

It would still be better than how he currently is

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

why?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

:thunk:

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

edit: nevermind fixed

Monstaland fucked around with this message at 19:21 on May 8, 2018

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

Lol

Doomfist rework idea: none of his abilities have cooldowns, but they all do zero damage, so he has to use his team and the environment to ensure kills

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

If you want to see how fun it is trying to catch a Doomfist with no cooldowns try playing Total Mayhem.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Lol

Doomfist rework idea: none of his abilities have cooldowns, but they all do zero damage, so he has to use his team and the environment to ensure kills

I only said that about his L2, not his L1, R1, or Triangle abilities

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

I don't understand where Brigitte belongs on a team. Is she there for running triple support? I want to like her after learning to deal with her but she doesn't have a place in a 2 medic lineup. I curse when I see her because that means I have to play a Mercy or Ana (Mercy because I can't play Ana) if I want our tanks to stay alive. She's great at saving someone out of position but I'd rather have a constant source of healing.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you run triple support with brigitte, yea. seems like 1 dps/2 tanks/3 supports is what people are going with right now

drrockso20 posted:

I only said that about his L2, not his L1, R1, or Triangle abilities

his was a joke about what you said being a bad idea. you never explained why you thought this way either

spiderbyte
Nov 14, 2016

Irony Be My Shield posted:

If you want to see how fun it is trying to catch a Doomfist with no cooldowns try playing Total Mayhem.

Eh, still better than trying to kill a zarya or mei in total mayhem imo

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

BallisticClipboard posted:

I don't understand where Brigitte belongs on a team. Is she there for running triple support? I want to like her after learning to deal with her but she doesn't have a place in a 2 medic lineup. I curse when I see her because that means I have to play a Mercy or Ana (Mercy because I can't play Ana) if I want our tanks to stay alive. She's great at saving someone out of position but I'd rather have a constant source of healing.

Moira is great with Brigitte. She can dump pissballs on the tanks and Brig can take care of far away Pharahs and flankers that Moira has trouble with.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

you run triple support with brigitte, yea. seems like 1 dps/2 tanks/3 supports is what people are going with right now

his was a joke about what you said being a bad idea. you never explained why you thought this way either

Part of it is I feel that for as fragile as he is, Doomfist is way too slow to be an effective melee combatant, not sure what else could be done to make him more useful while keeping him as an Offense character(he probably would have made more sense as a Defense or Tank hero)

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The donation Mercy skin looks good, shame you can't buy it yet...

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

You can buy it through Battle.net or on the web store, it's just the in-game store that's bust for some reason.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I think it's ugly but support the idea, I wish they would make a bunch of other bright pink skins, I'd buy a lot of them. Imagine a giant bubblegum Reinhardt smashin' around. I'd pay for that

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I really like the idea of doomfist as a tank actually. Replace seismic slam with something more defensive. Reduce the range on rocket punch, but having a tank murder you for getting too close is totally in their wheelhouse. Uppercut is fine for a tank to have. 350 or 400 HP base, but increase the amount of overshield he generates so if he's stuck in he's very hard to kill.

Honestly that's what I thought he was going to look like before he was released. His design just doesn't read as a fragile flanker to me.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

megane posted:

I really like the idea of doomfist as a tank actually. Replace seismic slam with something more defensive. Reduce the range on rocket punch, but having a tank murder you for getting too close is totally in their wheelhouse. Uppercut is fine for a tank to have. 350 or 400 HP base, but increase the amount of overshield he generates so if he's stuck in he's very hard to kill.

Honestly that's what I thought he was going to look like before he was released. His design just doesn't read as a fragile flanker to me.

If he was a tank, his punch could smash straight through bullets and projectiles that hit him from the front as he did it. Just punch them out of the way.

imagine punching clean through a junkrat's grenades/mines unharmed

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

Part of it is I feel that for as fragile as he is, Doomfist is way too slow to be an effective melee combatant, not sure what else could be done to make him more useful while keeping him as an Offense character(he probably would have made more sense as a Defense or Tank hero)

doomfist is fast tho. you're supposed to be using his abilities to get around; there's a reason they all move you. not gonna lie, I honestly thought you wanted them to dumpster him

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

megane posted:

Yeah I'd be pretty down for this too. I kinda feel like he should be a self-centered tank the same way Roadhog is--a tank that's hard to kill and is a gigantic threat if you enter his zone of influence, but doesn't provide barrier coverage for his team.

replace his primary fire with some "hard light" hadoukens that can soak a few projectiles before going down and he'd be my jam

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cephas posted:

Yeah I'd be pretty down for this too. I kinda feel like he should be a self-centered tank the same way Roadhog is--a tank that's hard to kill and is a gigantic threat if you enter his zone of influence, but doesn't provide barrier coverage for his team.

replace his primary fire with some "hard light" hadoukens that can soak a few projectiles before going down and he'd be my jam

Ah yea, the new hero Moodfist

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Cephas posted:

None of this "hard light" nonsense. He punches so hard he punches fire/a fist shaped shockwave at people.

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

Pink Mercy skin gives her sound effects that I can only describe as... magical princess. They remind me of Pyrovision in TF2 with little magical bubbling and harp sounds. I do actually like the skin, even if it makes me feel like Sailor Moon.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
just loving turn doomfist into luke cage. stop screwing around with balance and other nonsense words, blizz.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

iroguebot posted:

Pink Mercy skin gives her sound effects that I can only describe as... magical princess. They remind me of Pyrovision in TF2 with little magical bubbling and harp sounds. I do actually like the skin, even if it makes me feel like Sailor Moon.

You say that like it's a bad thing

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Give in to your inner sailor senshi.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the pink mercy skin would be great if they didn't feel the need to put her into pigtails

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I honestly thought pink Mercy was D.Va at first glance. That whole aesthetic is more her brand than Mercy's.

At least the money isn't going to Susan G. Komen because that's a horrible charity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I really like the Mercy skin and would like to get it. Please tell me BCRF aren't evil