Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
What is loving dogshit about Frontline is that you can get enemies spawn-camping you and when you're locked into spawning in a non-full lane you get to get immediately blown up :dice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Frontline thoughts:

1: They should loving ban premiums from Frontline. There are so goddamned many Progetto 46, Lorraine 40t, Somua, and sundry other bullshit premiums. It can be pretty frustrating to play against.
2: 50% bonus exp for winning. Right. Because in this mode you have a lot less effect on the outcome than in regular battles. Give the bonus to top 20 on winning team and top 10 on losing team or something. Playing a full round of Frontline and getting a loss because over half your team is keeping the attackers off C while the majority of the enemy is up north blowing up pillboxes is loving retarded. It's basically like getting 4-5 straight losses in a row in randoms. Fun.
3: Combat Reserves. I dunno, they seem ok, but it'd be really loving great if you could change them when selecting next tank to respawn. Which combat reserve I want will often depend on whether I'm attacking or defending, but you won't know this until you're in the game so yeah.

Overall it's not a bad gamemode and not having higher tiers making GBS threads on you constantly is nice. Shame pubbies are even dumber here than in regular battles. And it could definitely be improved.

I'm sure I'll think of more later. And feel free to tell me how retarded my opinions are.

subhelios: that's a bug. A pretty bad one as well. I just made 164k credits by doing 7347 damage total, 1326 spotting, 8 kills. Total repair and ammo was 41500 so 122k profit.

Edit: Wouldn't surprise me, but then I'd never play it again.
VVVVVV

Valle fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 8, 2018

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Valle posted:

1: They should loving ban premiums from Frontline. There are so goddamned many Progetto 46, Lorraine 40t, Somua, and sundry other bullshit premiums. It can be pretty frustrating to play against.

Here's a more likely idea that Wargaming might actually implement - only premiums in Frontline.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

real_scud posted:

What is loving dogshit about Frontline is that you can get enemies spawn-camping you and when you're locked into spawning in a non-full lane you get to get immediately blown up :dice:

this is a feature and it should not be removed

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
the berlin five is in the shop and it does include the thunderbolt, for anyone wondering

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Valle posted:

subhelios: that's a bug. A pretty bad one as well. I just made 164k credits by doing 7347 damage total, 1326 spotting, 8 kills. Total repair and ammo was 41500 so 122k profit.

They didn't even loving look at the screenshot I sent in with my ticket.

Dipshit Motherfucker posted:

Hi adrudh,

Thanks for contacting Wargaming NA Support.

We appreciate your time on sending this ticket. We understand that you have inquiry regarding your gained XP, don't worry allow us to assist you with this matter.

Silver and XP income is related to many factors, which include but are not limited to:

Damage Dealt
Enemies Spotted
Objective completion
Enemies destroyed

Additionally, you only receive 50% of the experience and Silver if you damage an enemy that you are not spotting. For example, if you spot and hit an enemy tank, you will receive 100% of the experience and credits. However, if an ally spots an enemy tank, and you hit it, 50% of your experience and Silver goes to the spotter.

An option available to all players is a Premium Account, which give the following benefits:

50% more experience per battle
50% more crew experience per battle
50% more Silver earned in a battle

Earning 50% more Silver and experience per battle will certainly alleviate any income issues!

Also, keep in mind that higher tiered vehicles have lower earnings, as this feature encourages players to use lower tiered vehicles that have higher profits. This allows for better game balance and diversity in the game. As you progress to higher tiers, things like the cost of repair and resupply become more expensive.

Silver and XP are not meant to be won in large quantities every battle. High tier vehicles are designed to be difficult to achieve, but still be achievable.

You can consider creating a platoon with friends, as you can learn their playing styles and work together to increase your odds of victory. Three tanks working together will beat three tanks working independently each time.

We hope this clears up the issue.

Thank you for contacting Wargaming and have a great day!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Valle posted:

1: They should loving ban premiums from Frontline.

No they shouldn't but also it most definitely isn't a coincidence that his new mode was released for the tier where you can buy the most expensive premium tanks in the game at any time.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Gone Fashing posted:

the berlin five is in the shop and it does include the thunderbolt, for anyone wondering

Yet for the first time, they're not selling the tanks individually.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Frontline prime time is 1am in the morning for Asia severs :wtc:

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'
Update on the ticket front: literally got told that 5000 credit gross income for 6000+ damage was 'working as intended'.
Jesus loving christ. Frontline is fun but not that loving fun.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Is this game fun to you or are you just addicted to grinding?

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Artillery is fun

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I had a game that I lost in an m5 stuart on fjords.

No heavies, 3 arty per team. North went up and got stuck and only a few people went mid and south. Highlight of the game: working my way around south to distract the enemy team's 3 arty all by myself while dodging and weaving. I managed to do so for 3 whole minutes (dodging something like 12 shots from them) before I got blapped by one of their mediums coming to support.

I was laughing pretty much the entire time.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
so is there no leaderboard for this frontline game? and is it possible to lose? because i swear iv played like 10 battles or something and havent lost yet like its not a choice..

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Valle posted:

Come on man.

sorry i come from land down under where women glow and men plunder i didnt know or i would have not done it

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Turmoilx posted:

so is there no leaderboard for this frontline game? and is it possible to lose? because i swear iv played like 10 battles or something and havent lost yet like its not a choice..

You've been getting lucky then. Seem my ranty post about the majority of your team spawncamping C while the majority of the enemy team are shooting pillboxes up north. (While we're on the subject, I'm 100% sure that a huge fuckoff cannon like that is in no way called a pillbox but :wargaming:) I mean, you know how loving bad pubbies are at the assault game mode? Cause that's what this is, writ large. I've also been on the attacking team multiple times and I see fuckwits in mediums set up on hills south of the cap zones to snipe at....people defending the caps when someone on our team finally pushes into them? I don't loving know. From what I can tell so far most pubbies are even more useless in Frontline than in randoms.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

BadLlama posted:

It's acutally a 105mm gun but does 390 Alpha, unlike all the other T8 390 guns which are 122mm such as the T-34-3 & STG. :science:

Its got a pretty low shell cost, especially for 390 alpha, and insane velocity on its rounds for T8. The pen is a little lacking though.

https://tanks.gg/tank/m4a1-rev

it's also the snapshot king

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Valle posted:

You've been getting lucky then. Seem my ranty post about the majority of your team spawncamping C while the majority of the enemy team are shooting pillboxes up north. (While we're on the subject, I'm 100% sure that a huge fuckoff cannon like that is in no way called a pillbox but :wargaming:) I mean, you know how loving bad pubbies are at the assault game mode? Cause that's what this is, writ large. I've also been on the attacking team multiple times and I see fuckwits in mediums set up on hills south of the cap zones to snipe at....people defending the caps when someone on our team finally pushes into them? I don't loving know. From what I can tell so far most pubbies are even more useless in Frontline than in randoms.

In my experience it is harder to win as defender than attacker. If the attackers simply dog pile into each new zone (Going left to right etc) after unlocking a previous zone you basically can't stop them. In this game mode though, if you still just play and do damage and kill mans even if you lose the payout is still really good and I am pretty sure the game mode in no way affects any stats so eh. I do not think winners get a 50% bonus the difference between losing and winning in payout doesn't seem that extreme.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Progettos are going to be a common loving view in everything, by the way.

Every non-poo poo skirmish team I've faced since joining this new clan has basically been Progettos augmented with scouts.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

BadLlama posted:

I do not think winners get a 50% bonus the difference between losing and winning in payout doesn't seem that extreme.

Are you sure you've actually looked at the numbers?

In my latest battle, winning team:

Losing team:

I tried to pick people with as comparable damage as possible. Kinda hard to know how much they've been shooting without spotting themselves, but they both have about same damage total and from more than 300 meters. Despite the fact that the loser got a lot more kills, the winner got 70% more exp. I can only assume it's because he capped 2 zones and destroyed 1 objective, and that there's bonuses for that. In short, the 50% exp bonus for a win is very much in place.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I was just talking about credits my bad, I haven't paid attention the XP earned at all.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

One thing I loving HATE is the 1 minute evacuation timer for defenders when a zone is capped. You basically either have to hang way back from the cap to have any chance of getting out, or resign yourself to getting blown the gently caress up by the attackers rushing you. And if you have a slower tank, you probably won't make it even if you DON'T get shot the gently caress up.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Yeah, the defenders should get a speed boost when that goes off.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Is the M4 Revalorise fun enough to buy? I don't have any French trainers and it doesn't look like the Lorraine 40T is gonna go on sale in the EU any time soon. If not, is any other French T8 any good?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Artillery should be banned from Frontline.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Der Shovel posted:

Is the M4 Revalorise fun enough to buy? I don't have any French trainers and it doesn't look like the Lorraine 40T is gonna go on sale in the EU any time soon. If not, is any other French T8 any good?

the M4 is real fun

and I highly recommend the high-pen HE shells of the Italian tier 3 - 5 tanks, they're ridiculous

A Handed Missus fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 10, 2018

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The only real downside of the RAV4 is that you generally don't have a French medium-specced Radio Operator loader laying around in your barracks.

EDIT: hosed up and meant to say Loader, not Radio Operator.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 10, 2018

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Der Shovel posted:

Ravioli is a fine choice, it's got a big punchy gun that shoots poo poo for 390 alpha at little cost per shell, and the shell velocity itself is loving glorious. Just keep in mind it's the same hull you get on Tier V mediums...

As far as ingame Premium options go:
  • The AMX CDC isn't bad; it's got a nice enough gun for a MT and zips around, but it's also paper-thin and pretty loving big with it.
  • The AMX M4 49 is a perfectly good Heavy Tank and feels like playing a Tiger II that isn't made out of cheese and wet cardboard. It's also better than its standard Tech Tree counterpart, the AMX 65t. A lot better.
Then there's the stuff that appears/disappears from the store:
  • The ELC EVEN 90 is way more fun than it has any right to be. Looks poo poo on paper, but you can do some serious late-game clowning with such a small tank.
  • The Somua SM is an alternative HT with an autoloader that has hilarious clip potential, while still having half-decent armour (compared to the AMX 50 100) so that not everyone can just turn your tank into a colander by merely looking at it.
  • The AMX Cda 105 is a decent TD which also fires superfast shells like the Ravioli, but with much better penetration.
  • The FCM 50t is a moneytrap, ruined by powercreep. Avoid this one.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The only real downside of the RAV4 is that you generally don't have a French medium-specced Radio Operator laying around in your barracks.
If you're wanting to train a G1 R crew, then yeah. As far as training a matching crew goes, the main issue is that the Ravioli -- along with the CDC -- gets a Commander pulling double-duty as the RO, whereas the standard Tech Tree vehicles (all three of 'em!) lump that job with the Loader. A bit of a oval office if you've unsuspectingly been training Situational Awareness on the Commander, only for it to suddenly be completely useless once he's in the AMX 30.

A Handed Missus posted:

and I highly recommend the high-pen HE shells of the Italian tier 3 - 5 tanks, they're ridiculous
Especially the Tier IV. At Tier V though you're better off forgetting about a decent HE loadout.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

A Handed Missus posted:

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Especially the Tier IV. At Tier V though you're better off forgetting about a decent HE loadout.

This. The tier 4 is quite good, a keeper IMHO, but the tier 5 is mediocre by comparison. For some reason the top gun's HE shell has less pen making it as useless as (but consistent with) every other 75 mm HE shell (although the lower-tier HE shells having such high pen is actually the anomaly.)

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Valle posted:

drat i must be lucky if there is a loss option then i see. forgot to play today was too busy being a depressed rock ..well 2am now so i should say yesterday

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Artillery should be banned from Frontline.

Kinda agree. Also some of the kill streak things are loving ludicrous. The artillery strikes kill many TDs from 100 to 0 with absolutely zero chance of doing anything, and even chunk my T32 to ~20% HP and most modules (and crew) broken. I guess what I'm saying is, Frontline could do with some tuning.

But hey, the game mode is still the most fun I've had in WoT since ... I can't even remember when. Fellow goon Tulihauki and I spent last night just playing and playing, and there was none of the usual "do you want to go one more time?" "I gueeessssss..." reticence. It's just loving fun.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Valle posted:

(While we're on the subject, I'm 100% sure that a huge fuckoff cannon like that is in no way called a pillbox but :wargaming:)

They aren't; they're gun emplacements. Pillboxes are enclosed.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

At Tier V though you're better off forgetting about a decent HE loadout.

mostly using it against on Hellcats or when I get around other tank destroyers :cabot: (not the top gun btw)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Der Shovel posted:

Kinda agree. Also some of the kill streak things are loving ludicrous. The artillery strikes kill many TDs from 100 to 0 with absolutely zero chance of doing anything, and even chunk my T32 to ~20% HP and most modules (and crew) broken. I guess what I'm saying is, Frontline could do with some tuning.

We had an airstrike do 13000 damage in CW or Strongholds once against tanks that were pushing. It was real dumb. 13000 damage in 5 seconds is not something that can possibly be overcome and the only way to mitigate that is to, uh....camp. I assume it's the same game mechanic as the artillery barrage/air strike from Rampage and Strongholds? It's a real dumb mechanic.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

LRADIKAL posted:

Is this game fun to you or are you just addicted to grinding?

Both

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Well there's something, it's my first chatban in all 7 years of playing this game, for calling someone who hid their VK30.02D behind artillery a "useless dogfucker".

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

We had an airstrike do 13000 damage in CW or Strongholds once against tanks that were pushing. It was real dumb. 13000 damage in 5 seconds is not something that can possibly be overcome and the only way to mitigate that is to, uh....camp. I assume it's the same game mechanic as the artillery barrage/air strike from Rampage and Strongholds? It's a real dumb mechanic.

Na, its a tiny rear end circle on frontline mode. You could fit like 3 tanks in it but only the tank right in the center takes any serious damage. I greatly prefer this mechanic over artillery raining shells on you constantly. The cooldown for this is like 5 minutes or something and if you move around you wont ever get hit by it.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

BadLlama posted:

Na, its a tiny rear end circle on frontline mode. You could fit like 3 tanks in it but only the tank right in the center takes any serious damage. I greatly prefer this mechanic over artillery raining shells on you constantly. The cooldown for this is like 5 minutes or something and if you move around you wont ever get hit by it.

yeah it looks brutal, but I've only seen campers get hit by it so gently caress em

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The SU-100M1 isn't a lot of fun to play with its garbage mobility, but holy gently caress, does it apparently have armor now.

I've dumped the camo net for a gun laying drive, and started getting a whole lot more aggressive on account of being able to rely on bouncing poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Does Frontline run like absolute poo poo for anyone else? I get 140 FPS in normal battles at max details, but in Frontline I'm hovering around ~80 with medium settings, dipping down to below 30 occasionally.