Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

lancemantis posted:

its ok he already said the NTSB isn't a real agency and has no real authority and thats why all the railroads don't care about anything they say ever

charging full bore into a slapfight with a federal agency that can prevent your products from being sold is a bold strategy cotton, let's see if it pays off for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
can’t believe billionaires are so lonely they choose who to sex based on twitter jokes. weird twitter was visionary

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
dril is the ultimate cyber chad

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

FMguru posted:

purestrain investor storytime

hey stop looking at our collapsing finances / total lack of moat / the death toll from our autocar program and check this poo poo out - flying taxis!

didn't they unveil the exact same poo poo like 8 months ago or something? complete with some guff about how it would take use of underutilized skyways (read: we'll fly dangerously low)

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/8/16613228/uber-flying-car-la-nasa-space-act

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lmao parks having guards

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

so moviepass is pretty much dead

quote:

Subscription service MoviePass hasn’t been having a great 2018. Constant changes to its terms of service have created a growing sense of uncertainty about what customers actually get with their MoviePass subscriptions. The company’s flagship tier was scuttled, then brought back without any real explanation. And in April, an independent auditor for MoviePass parent company Helios & Matheson Analytics raised alarm bells by expressing “substantial doubt” that the company could stay in business. Bloomberg reports that an SEC filing today largely confirms that assessment, with Helios & Matheson acknowledging it has just $15.5 million in the bank, even though it’s been blowing through more than $21 million per month on average over the past seven months.

The future doesn’t look promising for the company, and its stock price has responded accordingly, with shares dropping more than 31 percent by the close of trading. The general assumption has been that MoviePass could never maintain its current business strategy over the long term, but these latest financial revelations appear to indicate a real inflection point. Each new report is damaging the most essential part of the MoviePass brand: the assumption that the service will stay in operation in some form, and that new subscribers will be able to get their money’s worth.

The bare financials in the Form 8-K filing are stark. As of April 30th, Helios & Matheson has $15.5 million in cash, with $27.9 million “on deposit” with the company’s various merchant processors. Those latter funds represent money from annual and other long-term subscriptions that MoviePass customers have already paid, and that Helios & Matheson will receive over the course of the year. The problem is how much money is going out. According to the filing, the company has spent an average of $21.7 million per month for the stretch between October 2017 through April 2018. Even if Helios were to receive all of its payments from merchant processors back, it barely has enough cash to stay afloat for two months before the well runs dry.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
https://twitter.com/r0wdy_/status/993930234117345280?s=21

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ATTCares/status/993985366003736577

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

lmfao

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lmao

https://twitter.com/ATTCares/status/993995212451188736

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

so moviepass is pretty much dead

from the no-poo poo department

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
what the gently caress is this poo poo lmao

https://twitter.com/amyngyn/status/993587258753077248?s=21

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
ah yes startup offices are the only reasonable place to acquire obscure la croix flavors

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

fritz posted:

(like the big fancy park that's only for palo alto residents, and they do have a guard checking)

this is america as hell

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

LaCroix nerds seem to be obsessed with the idea that only their in-group drinks it

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
i originally meant that sarcastically but it also works as a true statement

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lutha Mahtin posted:

LaCroix nerds seem to be obsessed with the idea that only their in-group drinks it

yea thats weird. flavors and type that you can get such as that one above sold at Target and Walmart for 24 pack for $2.99 lmao. i shop at this place called.. target, i bet u havent heard of it have u nerds

btw, costco now sells a better variety of it, they used to only have the super garbo lemon/grapefruit/something one, now they have a pack of the better flavors. still not worht it since its so loving cheap at safeway/target/whole foods anyways that costco discount isn't really therte for it

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Tokamak posted:

this is america as hell

we’re living in Snowcrash but the vr part doesn’t work

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

wtf its like $3.69 for a 8 pack at my local target

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

also the loving aldis near me had these for a while

jm3000
Jan 19, 2004

Pancake Dance Party
Nap Ghost
La Croix and Faygo are made by the same company, coincidence?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the only lacroix that is genuinely better than other flavored mineral water is the apricot one. that one is tasty.

the others are literally identical to whatever discount brand you can get for 99 cents for 2L at the grocery store, or worse

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
croix is the loving poo poo, i drink 4 of them a day when i go into the office, looking for the most hosed up flavors every time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
fuckin croixbabies

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

*100 years in the future* its called grapefruit lmao, a funny foreign word

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Sagebrush posted:

the only lacroix that is genuinely better than other flavored mineral water is the apricot one. that one is tasty.

this but coconut

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

my preferred form of euthanasia is one where i'm injected with a series of artificial flavors that begins with pamplemousse and ends with purple

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
does the grapefruit lacroix still kill boomers or is it reduced to homeopathic levels

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
no idea what lacroix is

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

every time I buy water I feel like the biggest idiot because everyone has it on tap for free

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the water is free but the carbon dioxide and “natural essence” isn’t

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Chris Knight posted:

no idea what lacroix is

i've spent enough time in this sub-forum that i'm Techbro Kobayashi

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
not a big fan of lacroix personally.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
ALDI’s fizzy water ain’t too bad. only 3 flavors but whatever.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Chris Knight posted:

no idea what lacroix is

imagine alka seltzer with but the daintiest whisper of flavor.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

sonatinas posted:

ALDI’s fizzy water ain’t too bad. only 3 flavors but whatever.

the kroger/soopers fizzy water is fine

1/3 cheaper than croix, you get a 12er instead of the 8 pack

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
the best description i've read for lacroix is that it's fizzy water that read the wikipedia page for a fruit

that said, poo poo tastes great

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
it tastes like somebody ate a grapefruit and then burped into my mouth

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

MononcQc posted:

every time I buy water I feel like the biggest idiot because everyone has it on tap for free

would you like advice on what you can do to put an end to this feeling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

President Beep posted:

it tastes like somebody ate a grapefruit and then burped into my mouth

all of the good and none of the bad