Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

just found out from my parents that my dog has leukemia

I'm in a different city until the end of the month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Herbotron posted:

just found out from my parents that my dog has leukemia

I'm in a different city until the end of the month.

Omg that’s awful, are you going to be able to get back for a weekend?

My dog got her nail into my eye and broke my rigid contact. Spent 5 hrs at the ER to get drops for a super scratched cornea. Nifty pic below.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I found a drink at Jamba Juice that's tasty, makes me feel full for a large amount of hours, and doesn't taste like pure sugar.

The catch? It's calorically super goddamned dense. 540 for a small, 650 for a medium, 840 for a large. I don't have entire meals that rack that much up!

But it's so good. :negative: it's even annoying because now I'm aware of being able to make something similar at home, so I wouldn't be able to just rely on not going to JJ anyway.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 22:18 on May 8, 2018

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I was working alone and it was too busy to close the store for a bathroom break. Currently on my 1/2 hour break. It's 3:30. We close at 5.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I just got over a lingering four-week deathcold and appear to have caught another one. I thought it was allergies, but the antihistamines do nothing. I slept for six hours during the day today.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
oh goddammit

At my old place, I had a really annoying phone issue: my phone's connectivity to the wi-fi would stall and eventually spit out an error on the wi-fi list: INTERNET MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE

We moved, and for a couple days, it had completely resolved. We installed a wi-fi printer, and wouldn't you know it, I'd get the error again: INTERNET MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE. We decided to turn off the printer when we're not using it. No errors!

until a few minutes ago. My streaming of a podcast began to stutter, and sure enough, INTERNET MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE again. :negative:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I apparently haven’t been paid the right salary for about a month; my GM is trying to get me back pay but it sucks and I don’t even know if they’re gonna do It—give me the money they owe me. In addition, I physically had to go into the system and change my salary to the CORRECT ONE so it reflected on payroll cause they didn’t even do that when she realized what was wrong!!! My gm didn’t even know that she had to do that :psyduck:

I want my goddamn back pay.

And if they give me ANY poo poo about the overtime I’ve worked (overtime=baaaaaad) well maybe you should fix this location so I don’t have to work 10hr over time every week. I’m probably gonna get written up for this massive amount of overtime, lol.

I should be paid way more and promoted cause I know/do more than everyone else but I think the area manager is scared of me cause I point out poo poo he does wrong in my nightly emails (I don’t say his name, I just say “x is still broken” and that’s something he should have fixed but hasn’t been). So he’s just nasty and mean to me.

So many people at my job are mad, it’s crazy.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Thin Privilege posted:

I apparently haven’t been paid the right salary for about a month; my GM is trying to get me back pay but it sucks and I don’t even know if they’re gonna do It—give me the money they owe me. In addition, I physically had to go into the system and change my salary to the CORRECT ONE so it reflected on payroll cause they didn’t even do that when she realized what was wrong!!! My gm didn’t even know that she had to do that :psyduck:

I want my goddamn back pay.

And if they give me ANY poo poo about the overtime I’ve worked (overtime=baaaaaad) well maybe you should fix this location so I don’t have to work 10hr over time every week. I’m probably gonna get written up for this massive amount of overtime, lol.

I should be paid way more and promoted cause I know/do more than everyone else but I think the area manager is scared of me cause I point out poo poo he does wrong in my nightly emails (I don’t say his name, I just say “x is still broken” and that’s something he should have fixed but hasn’t been). So he’s just nasty and mean to me.

So many people at my job are mad, it’s crazy.

This is the sort of poo poo you go to the labour board or something with.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I have put my back out. Dunno how or why (certainly haven't been doing anything fun) but all of a sudden I'm folded over and canted to one side

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I feel like poo poo for no reason, all the time! Tired, slightly nauseous, a weird floaty feeling in my head, constant thirst, and muscle aches. I feel like this like 2-3 days of every week lately and I can't figure out why. Eating makes me feel a bit better, but the feeling returns regardless.

I tried testing my blood sugars because my doctor has been saying I'm prediabetic - nope, they're normal! I tried changing what I'm eating for breakfast to something healthier - nope, still the same! So now I spend every day I'm like this counting the minutes until I can get home and take a nap.

Edit: Made a doctors appoint in an hour, thankfully there's a medical center right near my work. It's also my birthday today and people keep trying to wish me a happy birthday and asking what I'm doing and I'm feeling physically and mentally lovely and I just want to be left alone. Thankfully I disabled my birthday on Facebook, but my boss at work makes a big deal about birthdays, and my dad wants to take me out to lunch, and everyone's asking me what's wrong because when they're all expecting me to be happy I just involuntarily start loving crying.

Rotten Red Rod has a new favorite as of 17:07 on May 10, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Steakandchips posted:

This is the sort of poo poo you go to the labour board or something with.

Labour board? Lol this is AMERICA :patriot:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's an actual board.

You can hit some stuff with it if you want, might make you feel better. Then get your rear end back to work.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sloth Life posted:

I have put my back out. Dunno how or why (certainly haven't been doing anything fun) but all of a sudden I'm folded over and canted to one side

Lower back I’m assuming? When did this occur and which side?

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Aesop Poprock posted:

Lower back I’m assuming? When did this occur and which side?

Yup. Today is day 2. It started off as a sore back and just cramped up more and more as the day went on. From right shoulder around left hip and down right leg on occasion.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sloth Life posted:

Yup. Today is day 2. It started off as a sore back and just cramped up more and more as the day went on. From right shoulder around left hip and down right leg on occasion.

Go to a massage therapist who is capable of NMT or any deeper work involving fascia and ask that they start at your quadratus lumborum, work the sciatic region, and work the erector spinae before working in and around the scapula and ending with work on the shoulders and pulling out the neck

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
News I got in the last 24 hours:

My son's been lying to me about the work he's been putting in and has dropped out of high school less than a month before graduation. (He's 18, so he can do that without my permission.)

My grandmother's been diagnosed with duodenal cancer and has maybe six months to live. Her goal is to see her birthday on June 24.

I've been served papers to collect on a debt that wasn't mine to begin with and that I can't afford to pay.

I'm not getting paid until the first week of June, rather than next week like I thought, so I have to make what's in my bank account stretch three more weeks.

hooray~

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Summer is approaching which means the people living across the street have their windows open. All they do is scream and yell and swear and throw stuff and threaten each other. All the time. The cops are going to start showing up soon.

Normally it would just be obnoxious but I grew up in a violent abusive home so when I hear that kind of behavior my PTSD kicks into high gear and it really ruins my night. I guess it's another summer spent in my basement for my own sanity.

Edit: there aren't any kids living there, it's an adult couple and two roommates. The loudest angriest person is a middle aged woman. So I don't think there's actual victims in this situation, just 4 gigantic assholes.

SulfurMonoxideCute has a new favorite as of 01:47 on May 12, 2018

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Besesoth posted:

My son's been lying to me about the work he's been putting in and has dropped out of high school less than a month before graduation. (He's 18, so he can do that without my permission.)

My grandmother's been diagnosed with duodenal cancer and has maybe six months to live. Her goal is to see her birthday on June 24.

I've been served papers to collect on a debt that wasn't mine to begin with and that I can't afford to pay.

I'm not getting paid until the first week of June, rather than next week like I thought, so I have to make what's in my bank account stretch three more weeks.

hooray~

Jesus Christ bud. I am so sorry. What is your son planning on doing? Is he still living with you? And where is your grandma living?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
A couple days ago I pulled a muscle at or around my left shoulder blade. It's amazing just how many positions and motions are related to that tiny point, especially since my left arm is my dominant one so I tend to favorite for practically everything.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Someone called the place where I work, which has a pharmacy in it, threatening to come in with a shotgun and rob us of all our oxycontin. We don't know if it's a real threat or just a prank. The cops called the pharmacy to ask the pharmacist if the caller sounded serious.

So I might not come home from work today.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You should mail all your oxycontin to me for safe keeping. You can't take chances letting it fall into the wrong hands.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My mom still hates me.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
Retirement lasted exactly one year. I've got to go back to work next month.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Leavemywife posted:

Someone called the place where I work, which has a pharmacy in it, threatening to come in with a shotgun and rob us of all our oxycontin. We don't know if it's a real threat or just a prank. The cops called the pharmacy to ask the pharmacist if the caller sounded serious.

So I might not come home from work today.

As it turns out, it was a "threat" from someone in an adult foster care home, who has no access to weaponry, and who shouldn't have been able to get hands on a phone. So, I didn't get murdered at work. Yay!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Leavemywife posted:

As it turns out, it was a "threat" from someone in an adult foster care home, who has no access to weaponry, and who shouldn't have been able to get hands on a phone. So, I didn't get murdered at work. Yay!

Awesome :woop:

Unfortunately this is the bad thread so I have to post bad stuff.

No one respects me at work; or, they DO but aren’t allowed by higher up management to promote me. I got my pay raise (I had to enter it myself in the computer system lol) but now I’m waiting on back pay cause I was supposed to be getting this salary 5 weeks ago. I need my money, and I need it NOW! To quote one of those sketchy lawyer commercials.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Aesop Poprock posted:

Jesus Christ bud. I am so sorry. What is your son planning on doing? Is he still living with you? And where is your grandma living?

He wants to be a musician. He's still living with me (and his mom doesn't pay child support, since she has even less income than I do). Grandma lives in Charlottesville and has family living nearby who can take care of her, but it's still more travel than my car can handle at the moment. I might rent something for a couple days just so I can go down and see her, but I don't even think she's accepting visitors yet.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My randomly-decided, badly-thought-out plan for tonight fell through because - wait for it - it was randomly decided and badly thought out.

The plan? Stop in at a local bar to have a beer or two, leave with some mozzarella sticks to go for me and my partner.

Forgot that a) the bar isn't local anymore, since I've moved, b) because it's a bar on a Monday the kitchen is going to close fifteen minutes before I even leave, and c) forget that the not-so-local-bar would be experiencing a thunderstorm so severe that I'm pretty sure it's Poseidon and not Zeus handling it.

:negative:

E: vvv I think you have me confused with someone else, my track record on food of any shape is practically immaculate. Way better than most with the incurable immune disease I have.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 06:42 on May 15, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Probably for the best since cheese sticks are tube shaped and you don't have a good track record with tubed food.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I saw a dead cat today, which I smelled before I saw it.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

So after the job that I had been offered vanished into thin air (the company hasn't returned my emails or messages in over a month) I decided to really push into the next step into my certification. I finally get ready to schedule an exam only find out that the community college on the other side of town doesn't appear to be a testing center anymore and now I have to drive an hour each way to get to the nearest one.

Then when I finally say gently caress it and pick the center and go to pick a date it looks like they only have testing available one day of the week; the one day that I have an agreement with my boss to work (I'm part time now for numerous reasons) because that's a day we get shipments in and now I have to go ask for that off instead of it being literally any other day of the week. For fucks sake.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Might be a bit too e/n for this thread I guess, but the past few weeks I have really lost control of my eating disorder and today was probably the worst. I mean I enjoyed the food but gently caress me I wish I hadn't eaten it. I suppose the silver lining is that I'm already so severely underweight that anything I've been gaining would be considered a good thing, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it.

Really just wish I could straight up be done with food. I'd start another fast but that was supposed to happen today... and then it didn't.

Fhistleb
Dec 31, 2008

Tell me more about your sandwiches.
It was more Wednesday for me.

Almost hit a coyote while going to work.

Almost run off the road by a "free candy" van thanks to them not paying attention.

Getting a wasp in my helmet and getting stung.

Feeling like utter trash before going to class.

all in all, it was not my day.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MisterBibs posted:

My randomly-decided, badly-thought-out plan for tonight fell through because - wait for it - it was randomly decided and badly thought out.

The plan? Stop in at a local bar to have a beer or two, leave with some mozzarella sticks to go for me and my partner.

Forgot that a) the bar isn't local anymore, since I've moved, b) because it's a bar on a Monday the kitchen is going to close fifteen minutes before I even leave, and c) forget that the not-so-local-bar would be experiencing a thunderstorm so severe that I'm pretty sure it's Poseidon and not Zeus handling it.

:negative:

E: vvv I think you have me confused with someone else, my track record on food of any shape is practically immaculate. Way better than most with the incurable immune disease I have.

Your multiple battles with hot dogs is so legendary that it’s been banned from being brought up in a few specific pyf threads

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Ugh yesterday:

Client needs a gallery finished but a speaker has an issue. I overnight one for Saturday delivery. The delivery doesn’t happen because FedEx thinks we’re closed, but I catch it in tracking and pick it up at the facility.

Go to do the install, drop the fucker from a ladder and now the NEW speaker has issues. I take it back to the shop, and gently caress the thing up more in my haste to try and Frankenstein the two broken units together. Then I realize in my haste that the poo poo I’ve been doing was unnecessary and the part that was broken from the drop is an easy fix that didn’t require me tearing everything apart (it’s a powered speaker with integral amplifier).

Get it all back together, install it, it’s ok but nerves are shot and I wasted all afternoon on what was supposed to be a 1 hour fix. As I’m slumming around the house I realize I forgot
To take my sadbrains meds the previous night which is part of why I feel so lovely. So 2/3 problems were my own fault. Great.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

One of the only 3 people on my dad's side of the family that wasn't a horrible monster passed away. The last time I saw him was 1997, and I feel guilty for not staying in touch.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Someone broke into my dad's apartment and stole a kettle, a pair of pliers, some other miscellaneous things, and three framed family photos of me as a baby, my now-deceased sister as a baby, and my dad with the two of us on his knees with a note written on it from my sister saying "I love you dad <3"

Normal breakins don't generally have something like this happen so I have a good idea who did it, but no proof. Dunno what to do. Stealing family photos is a specific attack on the person. Not sure where they got in either. All the locks have already been changed but still, it's a terrifying thing, and dad is...quite angry, but tired. He was about to move out and this seems like an explicit move as a final gently caress you from his neighbor who he's had issues with in the past.

Dad's going to talk to the local police about it but I'm not sure if they'll do anything.

Giganticon
Mar 10, 2010

Pillbug
I'm in hour 11 of a 15 hour flight to Taiwan.

Two weeks ago we discovered suddenly my dad has stage 4 cancer in his kidney and lungs. Then I ran my passport through the laundry destroying it and my many work visas, causing me to rush a new one at great expense. At work this week I crushed my finger with a set of channel locks and it hurts a lot and my nail all hosed. In a few days my dad will have his kidney removed and I will miss the surgery because of this work trip. My job was super cool and told me I didn't have to go but there is literally no one but me who can do this and if I bailed the client, and their clients with their deadlines would be super hosed. I decided to come is it because of duty? Or am I just bad at standing up for myself? Or am I so afraid of my dad dying on an operating table or if not then of the cancer soon after that I running away because I'm a coward?

Why the gently caress am I here?

I realize my finger and the passport are stupid but it's BEEN ONE OF THOSE WEEKS YOU GUYS

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

We just had an insane long weekend at work, but I was off for 2 of the 3 days. I come in today, need to fill stuff from the stockroom which is separate from the actual store. I run one of the little ones so I started the day alone and then I was sent the most incompetent staff member on our team who has never even worked in the store before and has no idea what they're doing. I left to help someone out in another location for a couple minutes because that person was also alone, and my staffer had left the store unattended with people inside and the door unlocked. I'm also trying to fight off a potential lung infection and the stress is literally going to kill me.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I forgot that they’re spraying for bugs this week. I had meant to clean up the bras and random junk laying around in my apartment but my brain is broken so I forgot and plus I’ve been crazy busy with work. It’s not like a horder apartment, it’s just a bit messy, but messy enough that I’m embarrassed. In any case the bug guys came in and I am very embarrassed. They also opened the door to my bedroom to see me, having just woken up, disheveled, drowsily saying, “hello?.” They probably thought I was gonna kill them cause they didn’t even lock the door when they left.I guess I look so hideous that people just run away :smith:

Also I am worried they didn’t do the spraying, but I did hear my cabinets opening. They have always left a note but I didn’t get one this time. So did they spray for bugs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Glare Seethe posted:

Might be a bit too e/n for this thread I guess, but the past few weeks I have really lost control of my eating disorder and today was probably the worst. I mean I enjoyed the food but gently caress me I wish I hadn't eaten it. I suppose the silver lining is that I'm already so severely underweight that anything I've been gaining would be considered a good thing, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it.

Really just wish I could straight up be done with food. I'd start another fast but that was supposed to happen today... and then it didn't.
with any attitude adjustment in general its best not to burn the whole thing down when you slip up. Give yourself some allowances try better the next day, and move on. Your body knows what you eat and how you eat most of the time, you aren't long term screwed for a few days of chomping down. Although, cater this to your specific needs and do what's healthiest for you, and in line with your doctors/psych's orders.

Besesoth posted:

hooray~
God dang dude. I got a secondhand feeling of stress in the pit of my stomach reading this.

Let your son do the musician thing. He hasn't thrown away his future just yet. I know enough people who crashed and burned during highschool, only to get a moment of clarity a few years later and return to school, get a 4 year degree, and do bigger things. I'm sure you have a lot to deal with right now but I think the illegitimate debt and sudden payment problem are the first things to be handled.

I was gonna post here to complain but it seems like everyone is actually having legitimately awful days today.