Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i unironically agree with that meme on its face and in spirit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:synpa:

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

someone change this to be about corbyn and send it to rowling

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
harry potter is sufficiently m,arxist except for the parts where the wixards keep their lifesaving medical knowledge to themselves

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my last boyfriend broke up with me because I Could not Shut The gently caress Up about this point

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

paul_soccer10 posted:

harry potter is sufficiently m,arxist except for the parts where the wixards keep their lifesaving medical knowledge to themselves

the wizarding world is the british aristocracy and it isnt even subtle

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
hogwarts had slaves lol

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GalacticAcid posted:

hogwarts had slaves lol

so

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

paul_soccer10 posted:

harry potter is sufficiently m,arxist

GalacticAcid posted:

hogwarts had slaves lol

:thunk:

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not to be all limetonics but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7lCDTd0mcI

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i will never edit a psot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SeC2E_in4M

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i will defend this to he end of my rear end

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I Dont Even Give a gently caress About Harry Potter but look at the bernie faced dumbledoor and even try to gently caress with that meme

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
That meme is bad and dumb, OP, and if you're not a teenager you're sure acting like one.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ugh

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

hogwarts had slaves lol

Didn't know Harry Potter took place at the Arkansas governors' mansion

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

a magical post-scarcity world where slaves and poverty still exist. *holds up hands like it's edc* this. is. my. poo poo!!!!!!!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

paul_soccer10 posted:

my last boyfriend broke up with me because I Could not Shut The gently caress Up about this point

he was right

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
rand paul in a choke hold shouting am i being detained

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The Nobel Prize in Economics doesn't exist. A bunch of rich dudes bribed the Nobel committee to license their own award with blackjack and hookers to feel better about their stupid fake science.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the man responsible for leaded petrol and CFC's got poliomyelitis and developed a bed to automatically get him ready in the morning that choked him to death

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Keynes was right.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Jose posted:

the man responsible for leaded petrol and CFC's got poliomyelitis and developed a bed to automatically get him ready in the morning that choked him to death

GROMMITTTT

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/AugustJPollak/status/994195484293165056

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Keith Schiller had a note with Mattis' phone number that he let the whole world see

a high school journalist called mad dog on that number and managed to get an interview with him

quote:

TEDDY: How can the United States create an atmosphere of trust with the Arab people, especially in Iran?

MATTIS: That’ll be a little tough, since it’s not really an election. It’s the supreme leader decides who gets to run. It would be like having the current American president decide who gets to run in the next campaign, and by the way, when they come in he stays in the White House and the others just kind of rotate through. So the point is that this is a country that is acting more like a revolutionary cause, not to best interests of their own people so it’s very, very hard.

They tried to murder an Arab ambassador in downtown Washington D.C. for example. And so, you can see why President Obama was so anxious to try to block them on getting a nuclear weapon. Until the Iranian people can get rid of this theocracy, these guys who think they can tell the people even which candidates they get a choice of. It’s going to be very, very difficult. This is a regime that employs surrogates, like Lebanese Hezbollah to threaten Israel, to murder the former Lebanese prime minister, murder Israeli tourists in Bulgaria which caused the European Union to put more severe sanctions on Iran than the Americans have ever put on Iran.

A Handed Missus has issued a correction as of 14:34 on May 9, 2018

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

TEDDY: How can the United States create an atmosphere of trust with the Arab people, especially in Iran?

>Arab

>Iran

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

zegermans posted:

>Arab

>Iran

lmao

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
teddy you loving ignoramus

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

:gonk:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Dick Cheney taking the heart of a young child

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it's extremely suspicious that dick was able to get himself successfully off of the transplant waiting list past age 70, since that's supposed to be the hard cutoff for receiving the gift of a goddamn heart donation

i'm less surprised that he was able to find a transplant surgeon willing to go along with that poo poo, tho that's still p wild. motherfucker was a smoker too

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's extremely suspicious that dick was able to get himself successfully off of the transplant waiting list past age 70, since that's supposed to be the hard cutoff for receiving the gift of a goddamn heart donation

i'm less surprised that he was able to find a transplant surgeon willing to go along with that poo poo, tho that's still p wild. motherfucker was a smoker too

Steve Jobs basically stole his liver to rent a few months of life.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

zegermans posted:

Steve Jobs basically stole his liver to rent a few months of life.

Lol, treat cancer with medicine?

No! fruit and stolen organs!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
stebe gamed the waiting lists of every region by monitoring them and having a house ready to purchase where he'd get slotted quickly, since he was a great transplant candidate (sickest get priority) and would be placed near the top. this isn't even particularly uncommon, lotsa hospitals have housing nearby explicitly for stuff like this - his problem was finding a donor in the first place since he had one of the more uncommon blood types: o-neg, so he had to cast a really wide net which is a bit more of a rich person thing but still totally within the rules

cheney "somehow" avoiding doing literally any of that and still was on the waiting list for like a year, all after he turned 70 which is supposed to be explicitly against the rules. but you'll notice the only mention of this is stuff like "well maybe the age should be increased" since boomers want your organs

he for sure jumped over someone younger for that heart

H.P. Hovercraft has issued a correction as of 17:57 on May 10, 2018

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
PA Gov. Bab Casey got a double heart and liver transplant less than 12 hours after going in for tests. The hospital said it was because double transplants get higher priority, and because of some really convenient coincidences that had nothing at all to do with who he was, no way.

also Mickey Mantle got a liver transplant after 48 hours but died two months later anyway.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

The fact that were going flirting with a nuclear middle east in a minor part because of an insane pistachio baron in california

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHkPadFK34o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0323849/

the full movie, if you got some time to kill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f707RtoTi00