Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--
Speaking to the choir here, but I find higher mileage bikes more appealing than lower mileage ones. Knowing that the bike has been maintained enough to make it up to 20,000 means it's not on the original oil or tires and the chain has probably been inspected / lubed more than zero times. I hate dealing with vehicles that sit forever then get rode around / jumped one weekend before selling it. Current bike was literally parked in some dude's living room for 2 years where he would occasionally roll it outside and start it, then roll it back inside. It's a loving SV650... The only good thing was the tank didn't rust, but the gas did turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I'm just testing the waters here for any Dallas goons. I just recently picked up a EX400 to commute on. I had been using an 08 SV650S with salvage title and ~~30k miles. Life is just really busy right now and im really not looking forward to meeting strangers off Craigslist over this right at the moment.

If anybody is interested I can get you details and real pics this weekend.

Quick and dirty: 3rd owner, all owners used it for commuting. 1st owner laid it down and broke the clip ons, some damage to the fairing (still original, just needed fiberglass repair), and radiator. This still got it totaled and he repaired it and got a salvage title. He put on a LSL handlebar conversion instead of the clip ons and converted the headlights to HIDs. Second owner had no problems and was a BMW mechanic - if thats the most minor of pluses. Third owner (me) laid it down at low speed (~5 mph) and broke the clutch handle, mirror, and clutch pedal which I replaced. Otherwise runs great, never had a single mechanical issue, new (duralast) battery, meticulous basic maintenance, rebuilt brake cylinder, ZX10 rear shock, valve clearance checked and adjusted, EBC brake pads, two brothers exhaust which sounds great.

I'll let it go to a goon for $1000 flat title in hand

edit: Actually sold basically immediately, thanks! amazing

1gnoirents fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 23, 2018

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
There's a guy in San Antone in one of the other threads looking for a commuter type bike.

IDK about Texas geography.

salt the fries!
Dec 24, 2005
Hey have I mentioned yet that my license plate is "TOA5TER"? See, it's kyoot because it's a boxy car! ^_^
So, this is great timing given that post... On the note of bikes that don't have many miles, here's a link to the Milwaukee Craigslist post for my 2014 CB1100. It's got 600 miles on it since it was purchased last July (2017).

It's due for its 600 mile service, which will be done (at my expense) before the bike is sold. I don't really need to get rid of it, but I have too many "fun" projects and I'd like to get a little more focused. The warranty is transferable and is either for 5 years or 7 years, I'll have to look.

Asking $6700, but flexible.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2014-honda-cbmiles-warranty/6576798463.html

Yes, I know I'm not really a regular poster, but I figured I'd offer it up if anyone is looking.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait
NVM, sold.

Flint Ironstag fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 8, 2018

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Do not share that manage link.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Fifty Three posted:

Do not share that manage link.

oops, thanks!

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Flint Ironstag posted:

I hate to do this. I really hate to do it. But here is my 2013 ZX-14R ABS. PM me here for a discount. But do it by Saturday. I don't want to sell it, so am looking to unload it quickly. If I am physically able to ride again in the near future, I will be getting another 2013-15 ZX-14R. Best bike I have ever ridden.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/mcy/d/zx-14/6577387178.html

Can't believe that you kept the OEM exhaust - that was the one thing I hated about the stock bike - it sounded awful. Will be salty if you sell yours before I sell mine....

Also Traction Control set to 2. Pussy.

FML...I think he sold it...

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 5, 2018

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

FileNotFound posted:

Can't believe that you kept the OEM exhaust - that was the one thing I hated about the stock bike - it sounded awful. Will be salty if you sell yours before I sell mine....

It weighs a lot, and sounds like crap. But it is stealthy. It kept me out at least two tickets.

FileNotFound posted:

Also Traction Control set to 2. Pussy.

Lol! Last time I rode it on the street, it was raining. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Flint Ironstag fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 3, 2018

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009
Alpinestars Ridge waterproof boot. Size 13

AGV Sport Solare pants. Size L

Maybe $25 each?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I'll take the boots. Let me know your PayPal and shipping cost, and I'll have your money.

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009

Beach Bum posted:

I'll take the boots. Let me know your PayPal and shipping cost, and I'll have your money.

Sent you a pm the other day. Can ship them as soon as you get back to me.

spandexcajun
Feb 28, 2005

Suck the head for a little extra cajun flavor
Fallen Rib

EDIT: Sold

spandexcajun fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 10, 2018

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Only CA regulars or those with supermotos are allowed to post in this thread. Please take down your ad.

Good luck with sale I like the color of it.

spandexcajun
Feb 28, 2005

Suck the head for a little extra cajun flavor
Fallen Rib

Coydog posted:

r those with supermotos

I had a supermoto for like 2 weeks and then the engine exploded and I paid a bunch of $$$ to fix it and sell it. Never again :(

M42
Nov 12, 2012

e: changed my mind lmao

M42 fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Oct 22, 2018

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
Best color.

Two bikes down the line, you'll miss this one and try to get it back. Calling it.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Oh, I’m certain I will. Never met an sv owner that didn’t feel that way.

Milton
Jan 3, 2005

...but then they switched from the 1911 to the beretta but I kept my 1911 because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the rounds for the 1911...
I have to move from the Bay Area (CA) to LA and can't really take two bikes so I need to find my Bonneville a new home.

2005 Bonneville Black. British Customs Predators exhaust. 15k miles.

It's it pretty good shape, with normal wear-and-tear. Extra stuff included:

Motorcycle cover
Triumph pannier racks and soft panniers
Aftermarket locking gas cap
Haynes service manual

Detailed posting here: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/d/2005-triumph-bonneville-black/6581504290.html

$250 off for goons.

PM works or you can use the contact in the ad- just make sure to mention SA if you want that sweet, sweet discount.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

M42 posted:

Oh, I’m certain I will. Never met an sv owner that didn’t feel that way.

Yep. I know like 5 ex-SV owners and they all either wish they’d never sold it, are looking to buy another, or already bought another one.

It’s that kind of bike.

I am also that way with the DRZ-SM. I’ve owned two now and I’ll probably have another. They just stick with you.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 12:57 on May 9, 2018

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Are the new gen SVs any good / worth getting over a used one? I am still bikeless and its getting unbearable :(

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I really don’t think a whole lot has changed to be honest. And you can find a good example 2G for cheap as gently caress. I can’t remember if it was you who was concerned about weight but when I was a fatty (nearing 300) I rode an ‘04 N all over the place, and it was my only transportation for a few years. Once I resprung it and got intimators or whatever they are called it was perfect, and only got better as I got unfat.

I keep telling myself not to get another SV because I want something different but they are really a fantastic bike with potential to be just about whatever you want it to be.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

They make slightly more power, they have (obviously) new styling, and new electronics/gauges. They have some QOL stuff like push to start (you tap the starter button and the ECU cranks the motor until it fires, like most modern cars do), takeoff assist (the ECU will give it a little throttle if it sees you're going to stall from a standing start) and some other niceties.

If you are OK with 5HP or so less, the 2G styling, and you dont care about the electronic upgrades, there is no real reason to get a new one, they are mostly the same bike.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
New model also has even lower seat height for us short people.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
Yeah, I'm on my second SV. This one is naked with a bunch of goodies on it. Honestly, the aesthetics are way better than the partially faired for me. It also has all the suspension mods a bro could ever want and it transforms the bike from brake diving plush couch to a poised machine great for the track, yet also comfortable for a long day in the saddle.

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
It's almost impossible to find a 2nd gen with ABS.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Really? I test drove a couple when I was searching for mine. They seemed common to me

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

hit the bricks pal! posted:

Sent you a pm the other day. Can ship them as soon as you get back to me.

Shipment received! A little bit of mink oil and they softened right up. Pleasure doing business.

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Really? I test drove a couple when I was searching for mine. They seemed common to me

At least I have no luck finding one. It's probably the most affordable ABS bike in that size category so I look pretty often.

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009

Beach Bum posted:

Shipment received! A little bit of mink oil and they softened right up. Pleasure doing business.

Glad to hear it!

These are still available. Nothing wrong with them, just got a different pair that zips to my jacket. $25.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

A MIRACLE posted:

Are the new gen SVs any good / worth getting over a used one? I am still bikeless and its getting unbearable :(

No. I've ridden several at work now and they're ok as a commuter bike (with such niceties abs, tc, etc) but nowhere near the level of awesome as the old ones. Build quality a bit meh too. I assembled one straight out the crate and the plastic bits seemed kinda flimsy and... just.... meh. They pushed towards the commuter end of the scale so I don't think it'll be a great do-it-all track/canyon/grocery getter beast like the 1 or 2gs are.

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008
Edit: Milwaukee, WI.

Right, so this post is going to look familiar because I am selling the same bike. I put it up for sale in August of 2016, then crashed my Nighthawk and used this as a rebuilding/get my confidence back bike. Hard to let go of, but I cannot afford to keep two.

2002 Ninja EX250, ~17,000 miles. Same pictures from before, why not.

Has sat on a battery tender for the last 8 months, started up today no problem.

Good:
Spark Plugs replaced 2013
New rear tire 2013 (Dunlop K630, date code 0713, plenty of tread)
In-line fuel filter replaced 2013
Valves checked & adjusted 2013
Front brake rotor replaced 2014 (Galfer Wave)
Front brake pads replaced 2014 (Galfer Sintered HH pads)
Front brake line replaced 2014 (Venhill braided stainless steel line)
Front brake caliper rebuilt 2014
Front headlight replaced 2014
Clutch lever and cable replaced 2014
Carbs cleaned & synched 2016
Front fork oil changed 2016 (~160mm air depth, firms up the front a lot)
New battery 2016 (Yuasa)
New front tire 2017 (Pirelli MT75, date code 5116, plenty of tread, this tire rules)
Throttle cables replaced 2017, throttle returns like it should now.

Bad:
Tank has had the "you're a moron" punctures where the upper fairing was screwed in too far. Fixed with liquid steel, no leaks in 2+ years. Upper fairing can't be screwed in there anymore, however.
Fairing bits are held in place with zip ties in some areas.
Bike shows signs of having been down at low speed: fairing scratches, dents in the tank, etc. It's a beginner's bike, what do you want?
There was a faint smell of coolant when I started it in the garage. Nothing once I got it outside, and no leaks/wetness I could see.

Test rides must be limited to very close by because I do not have plates on the bike.
Comes with some oil filters & crush washers, a Clymer's manual, and a cover I've never had cause to use because it's been garaged since I've had it.
edit: SOLD

TheNothingNew fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jul 12, 2018

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

TheNothingNew posted:

Right, so this post is going to look familiar because I am selling the same bike. I put it up for sale in August of 2016, then crashed my Nighthawk and used this as a rebuilding/get my confidence back bike. Hard to let go of, but I cannot afford to keep two.

2002 Ninja EX250, ~17,000 miles. Same pictures from before, why not.

Has sat on a battery tender for the last 8 months, started up today no problem.

Good:
Spark Plugs replaced 2013
New rear tire 2013 (Dunlop K630, date code 0713, plenty of tread)
In-line fuel filter replaced 2013
Valves checked & adjusted 2013
Front brake rotor replaced 2014 (Galfer Wave)
Front brake pads replaced 2014 (Galfer Sintered HH pads)
Front brake line replaced 2014 (Venhill braided stainless steel line)
Front brake caliper rebuilt 2014
Front headlight replaced 2014
Clutch lever and cable replaced 2014
Carbs cleaned & synched 2016
Front fork oil changed 2016 (~160mm air depth, firms up the front a lot)
New battery 2016 (Yuasa)
New front tire 2017 (Pirelli MT75, date code 5116, plenty of tread, this tire rules)
Throttle cables replaced 2017, throttle returns like it should now.

Bad:
Tank has had the "you're a moron" punctures where the upper fairing was screwed in too far. Fixed with liquid steel, no leaks in 2+ years. Upper fairing can't be screwed in there anymore, however.
Fairing bits are held in place with zip ties in some areas.
Bike shows signs of having been down at low speed: fairing scratches, dents in the tank, etc. It's a beginner's bike, what do you want?
There was a faint smell of coolant when I started it in the garage. Nothing once I got it outside, and no leaks/wetness I could see.

Test rides must be limited to very close by because I do not have plates on the bike.
Comes with some oil filters & crush washers, a Clymer's manual, and a cover I've never had cause to use because it's been garaged since I've had it.

$1,300 to a goon? Available at nihilo.est at the google mail service.

Where do you live?

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Where do you live?

Fixed, thanks. Always something.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Hey guys. I'm moving and sold my bikes and now am selling my gear. All prices OBO and all include shipping.

https://imgur.com/a/bldwdVw

Dainese Racing Jacket:
Color: Black/Red
Size: 48
Price $150 moderately used

Dainese Super Speed Textile Jacket
Color: Black/Black/Dark Grey
Price: $225 lightly used

Dainese Drake Super Air Tex Pants
Color: Black/Black
Price: $120 lightly used

REV'IT! Airwave 2 Women's Jacket
Color: White/Black
Size: 36
Price: $200 Brand new

Dainese Axial Pro In Boots
Color: Black/Black
Size: 40
Price: $250 Used once

Rukka Flexina Women's Jacket
Color: Black
Size: 42 (fits like a 48 mens dainese)
Price: $200 lightly used

Rukka Flexina Women's Pants
Size: 42 (fits like a 48 mens dainese)
Price:$200

Rukka Imatra Gore-Tex Gloves
SKU: 958657
Size: 8
Price: $100 lightly used

SIDI X-3 Boots
Size: 7.5/41 (fits like an 8.5 nike)
Price: $150 Moderately used

Forcefield 4-Layer Sport Armor Action Shorts
Size: SM
Type: w/ Pro Armor (4 layer)
Price: $130 never used

POD K8 MX Knee Braces
Type: Pair
Size: MD
Price: $400 used once, all accessories and box included

Leatt Body Protector:
Size: SM-MD
Price $140 lightly used

Leatt Pro 5.5 HD chest protector
Size SM-MD
Price $150 never used

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010
drat, you have great taste in gear.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Kastivich posted:

drat, you have great taste in gear.

Thanks. Working at RevZilla helped. I don't think I could have afforded it all otherwise.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
I got really excited until I realized Euro sizing and it's all too small for me. Good luck with the sale!

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Pmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

I'm still trying to sell my 2013 ZX-14R - 6.5k to a goon -

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2013-kawasaki-zx-14r-abs/6603738012.html

I got a dude offering me 6k but really at that point I may just keep it and ride it once in a blue moon.

Buy my stupid bike so I can waste the money on an exhaust, wrap and tune for my Audi S6...