Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The problem is that Kellyn clearly thinks she's tightest with Dom and Wendell, which is both hilariously wrong and also probably what tanked her game with the girls. There's just absolutely no way that Kellyn turns against them, especially not at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Best suggestion I've heard for revamping Ghost Island mechanics is that the winning tribe draws rocks and the odd rock gets to personally choose who goes to Ghost Island. Again, choice.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
The theme feels like such a nothing element it's kind of amazing. Just really low-effort haunting from the dead past survivors

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I think the actual concept of Ghost Island is pretty cool in a cheesy Survivor way but the execution has been flawed in basically every way.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Kellyn can turn against Dom and Wendell in the wake of this past tribal and her feeling like they were willing to risk her instead of just voting out Laurel. The bigger possibility I see is the opposite and Dom and Wendell turning on Kellyn because they're upset about two weeks of her panicking and then pulling out that double vote to try and get out Laurel. I'm not sure that's a guarantee because it might be showing their hand with Laurel a bit. Or they might just not be upset about the double vote given their idols. Or they might be annoyed at Laurel for going rogue too and voting Kellyn.

But mostly I just can easily see Dom, Kellyn, and maybe Laurel clashing over this tribal, Dom being tired of dealing with Kellyn, and Kellyn being angry that she isnt in Dom and Wendell's power spot and wanting to flex her muscles.

But again, the problem is Kellyn can't make the move without turning all of the Navati B Team AND one of Donathan and Laurel. And it doesn't make sense for Laurel to turn on Dom and Wendell's now that Kellyn and the Navati B Team would have the numbers with all the other Mololos gone.

Plus I'm just not convinced Kellyn can get all the Navati B Team. I'm not confident she can get any of them, to be honest.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

The Bloop posted:

They hosed up with the rocks thing for ghost island.

I'm not sure what would be better but there's no sense of strategy.

Still better than random rock YuGiOh on family day last season

Pick someone from the other team/tribe to go or YOUR team/tribe draws rocks.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I say it every season. I don't know why anyone ever wastes any energy on any twists or themes because 9 out of 10 times they're meaningless by Week 5 or something.

In this case I've gotten a kick out of some of the resurrected idols. And we got Ozzy's f---ing stick back. So I'm calling Ghost Island a win.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

This is my understanding of groupings right now.

Sea Bass just seems to be kind of clueless and following the general vibe. I don't know what side he will end up on. Donathan did vote for him last night and he was happy to work with Angela and Chelsea. But who knows. He always votes with the majority.

I believe Chelsea and Angela are Kellyn's final 3. I think Kellyn is next to go. She just burned the Dom/Wendell bloc and clearly the most dangerous in her own bloc.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think the Kellyn, Angela, and Chelsea thing is heavily suspect. They left Angela out of the Chris vote, Chelsea openly said she didn't feel with Kellyn way back when she was working with Bradley, and the only real indication we've had of them scheming together is that one well scene where they considered flipping to vote out Libby and then ended up voting different ways from each other. And of course Desi ended up turning on Kellyn and not trusting Chelsea or Angela enough bring them in on it. Which could mean they're with Kellyn or just that Desi thought they were.

My best guess is Chelsea, Sebastian, and Angela are all just floating in the Navati grouping since there is no clear line between Dom/Wendel and Kellyn so there's no reason for them to take a side yet. I have my suspicions about where they'll fall but its all random guessing since we've seen almost nothing about them gamewise. Angela especially seems pretty rogue and Sebastian seems totally aloof. Chelsea, who knows?

So I'd basically just move the Angela and Chelsea pictures to the same "?" as Sebastian, but I'd put them all as part of the big Navati group. Because they're not really "dangling" in the way Donathan has kind of become or Kellyn might have.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That's fair and in both understandings of alliances, Dom/Wendell/Laurel/Dom will align and decimate the others.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maybe. Donathan doesn't seem like he really wants to work with Dom and Wendell anymore but he's never really seemed to have a clear alternative plan. And we've seen Dom just a week ago say that he doesn't plan to go the end with Wendell. So I think its going to be more complicated than those four just riding through. Wendell and Laurel might be down with that F4 though, not sure. I get the sense Wendell's just convinced he can win the social game and Laurel's just backed herself into a corner. Which Donathan might have as well. But I'd be surprised if at least one of that four isn't gone by F5.

Plus there's 3 idols between them so who the hell knows how that plays?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Jenna told the other people in her TC that Donathan had an idol and she still voted for him even after he played it :psyduck:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zesty posted:

Pick someone from the other team/tribe to go or YOUR team/tribe draws rocks.

Yeah that's the easiest most obvious change but I'm not sure if it'd actually change anything.

I'm also not sure if I'd want to go or not. Food and advantages, but be away from the plotting

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I don't know that "pick someone or its one of you" would actually change it since I imagine it wouldn't take long for them to reason out "so the special power stays in my tribe and I have a chance of getting it?" It also would potentially run the risk of one tribe dominating and just collecting powers becuase they never go to Tribal. Although I suppose that's easily enough rectifying with the tribe swaps and an early merge.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

I think the Kellyn, Angela, and Chelsea thing is heavily suspect. They left Angela out of the Chris vote, Chelsea openly said she didn't feel with Kellyn way back when she was working with Bradley, and the only real indication we've had of them scheming together is that one well scene where they considered flipping to vote out Libby and then ended up voting different ways from each other. And of course Desi ended up turning on Kellyn and not trusting Chelsea or Angela enough bring them in on it. Which could mean they're with Kellyn or just that Desi thought they were.
Yeah it's been under-the-radar just how lovely Kellyn is at this game. She talks about her empathy super power (which makes her cry about voting people out and tip her hand constantly) but she's also completely unable to put herself in another player's shoes: she constantly leaves allies out of votes and then expresses passionate disbelief that they would ever turn on her. Despite alienating "her people" at every turn she beats the tribe loyalty drum non-stop and as a result picked up no Malolo allies while Dom and Wendell grabbed Laurel and Donathan. She's also extremely paranoid.

i maintain donathan and laurel's best move is the one i said before:

quote:

get votes put on Dom and Wendell next vote but tip them to play their idols, which gets those flushed and Kellyn or somebody voted out. Now if you're with Dom and Wendell you have a 4-3 edge, you take out another no-edit Naviti for the 4-2 lead and then flip sides and win.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The problem with that is still the question of where Chelsea, Sebastian, and Angela are in this. If Laurel and Donathan try and play double agents and they get ratted out then it blows up in their faces. They basically need to find a way for Kellyn to do all the dirty work so she takes the heat. And directly influence Kellyn on that still runs the risk of her ratting you out, and she seems like she absolutely would.

I'm still a little on the fence about Kellyn. I'm leaning towards her being a deluded "puppetmaster" with a nice smile and affable touch. But a lot of comes back to Chelsea and Angela. If she DOES have them as she seems to think (and as Desi thought) then it at least explains some of her decision making, her stubborn refusal to believe Desi would betray her, or how that split tribe thing made her really vulnerable. That's giving her a lot of benefit of the doubt but since we really have no idea what those B Teamers are doing it seems fair to say that she might genuinely have them and her game just got thrown apart by Desi and the split.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I don't know that "pick someone or its one of you" would actually change it since I imagine it wouldn't take long for them to reason out "so the special power stays in my tribe and I have a chance of getting it?" It also would potentially run the risk of one tribe dominating and just collecting powers becuase they never go to Tribal. Although I suppose that's easily enough rectifying with the tribe swaps and an early merge.

If your tribe can't decide, you forfeit your reward / immunity

If your tribe can't decide, you have to have a firebuilding challenge right now to decide who goes!

If your tribe can't decide we're going to come gently caress up your poo poo in the night

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I keep hearing things about Kellyn and Bradley being a thing. That might inform on her style of gameplay.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

There's a rumor that Russell Hantz is going to be on season 3 of Australian Survivor. :eyepop:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

gently caress, which member of my parliament to i need to petition to ensure that toad doesn't get off the plane

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
It's too late. The article says they're already filming :(

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That's really pathetic for all involved.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Zesty posted:

I do at least look forward to the faces of the superfans playing, at the reveal... there's no way they ever anticipated this being a twist.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Zesty posted:

it's a very, very australian tv channel thing to do

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Hope his tribe intentionally loses a challenge to vote him out again.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Russell was kind of a big deal I guess. I was living in Canada when he played, and his ugly-rear end face was front and center of a billboard for Heroes vs Villains, near the heart of downtown Toronto. Doesn't people refer to him a fair bit in the first Australian season as well?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'll never not find it funny that Russell managed to make the end of the game twice and get his rear end whipped both times at Final Tribal and yet somehow he spawned a generation of players who said "Yeah... that's the guy I should emulate."

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Maybe he can threepete it and lose again at the end.

I could believe the rumor though. Would be a good way to get people talking about Survivor Australia and might even lead into a crossover between the US, Aussie, and Kiwi survivors?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I could believe the rumor though. Would be a good way to get people talking about Survivor Australia and might even lead into a crossover between the US, Aussie, and Kiwi survivors?

THREE TRIBES
A MILLION DIFFERENT WAYS OF SAYING "AUNT"
ONE SOLE SURVIVOR

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
No way are people going to put up with him for the 55 days. I hope they don't go back to 39.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

If it happens, it won't be here. Participants have to be US citizens as well as residents. Apparently Boston Rob tried to get his poker bro Daniel Negreanu on the show, and even Probst and Burnett's raging hard ons for the idea couldn't get it past that technicality. Must be a dumb American legal thing.

Australia could try to recruit more Americans, but I'm not sure how much luck they would have. The time commitment is nearly double for a much smaller prize.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It's a pretty pathetic decision if true but I guess in terms of gameplay letting people vote out Russell might be a less disruptive twist than 15 idols

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Supposedly season 37 is going to have a Pro Wrestler on it and I'm hype as heck because he was one of my favorites when he was in WWE

It's John Hennigan/Johnny Nitro/John Morrison/Johnny Mundo

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

IcePhoenix posted:

Supposedly season 37 is going to have a Pro Wrestler on it and I'm hype as heck because he was one of my favorites when he was in WWE

It's John Hennigan/Johnny Nitro/John Morrison/Johnny Mundo

lol holy poo poo this would be incredible

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Propaganda Machine posted:

If it happens, it won't be here. Participants have to be US citizens as well as residents. Apparently Boston Rob tried to get his poker bro Daniel Negreanu on the show, and even Probst and Burnett's raging hard ons for the idea couldn't get it past that technicality. Must be a dumb American legal thing.

Australia could try to recruit more Americans, but I'm not sure how much luck they would have. The time commitment is nearly double for a much smaller prize.

Realistically though, If they went with a US vs. Aussie vs. Kiwi Survivor, they'd only have to find 8 US Survivors willing to do it (Then would have 3 - 8 player tribes). I bet it wouldn't be that hard to find 8 former US Castaways that would do it for the love of the game / fame, and not really caring about the prize.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ABC and MTV have both had Canadians on their reality TV shows, competing for money. I don't see why CBS wouldn't be able to.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I would really like Scott Steiner on a Survivor

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Considering how dehydrated he looks generally and all the roids and drugs he's taken I assume he'd die before the first Tribal.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I can’t even imagine how baffling casual Australian viewers are going to find this if it’s true. Oh god he’s going to get almost all of the ridiculously long airtime isn’t he :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
If this stupid rumor is true and we can cross-pollinate then we need Aussie Survivor S2's Luke in our proper Survivor ASAP.

• Locked thread