Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

The Big Word posted:

Good hunter......

It makes my **** shudder uncontrollably....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

The drugs mailing goon reminded me, I also have a joose confession. I tried to drug someone with joose not to long ago.

I didnt give them very much, just a few mg. My goal was to give them enough to make them do something stupid but not enough to make them do anything that would lead them or anyone else to suspect they were drugged (ie impair driving, impair spelling, lose memory/ black out, make them do something TOO stupid, etc). I dont know if such a magic dose even exists. I also dont know what happened to them after I gave it to them, how much of it they actually ingested or whether they ingested any of it at all. But Ive been terrified ever since that people are gonna find out and Ill get caught. I hope they didnt die or take a drug test.

Oh and for whatever its worth (not much probly) they deserved it and I had a good reason.

This is vague as hell and I have no idea what you were trying to make someone do by drugging them but it probably didn't work

Right on time, drugmail goon sent a pt2

quote:

Hi guys, this is mail-ordering phenazepam goon again, and I have an update.

The good news is I’m pretty sure the guy I ordered from isn’t a cop.

The bad news is I think he’s trying to extort money out of me.

Let me explain, part of the reason I ordered from this place is because the guy assured me he could send the order rush delivery. So he gives me a price for everything plus the express shipping, and everything looks reasonable. I place the order, send him my money, and hope for the best.

Not long after that I get another text from him. He says the shipping company wants me to insure the package because it’s “discreet” and that I need to give him another $150 to pay for the insurance fee or the shipping people are gonna put the package on hold. I’m pissed that my order is now $150 more than I planned for, but whatever, it sounds plausible to my stupid rear end so I send him the money and go about my day.

Today he texted me again, this time saying the package has made it to my state, but that there’s “a little problem with the custom” and I have to send him another $150 “asap” for a “custom clearance fee” or I guess the shipping people might open the package? Nevermind the fact that today is Sunday and nothing happens to mail on Sundays.

I’m now starting to think that there is no package at all (wow shocker!). I’m also starting to think this won’t be the last time this guy tells me to send him more money, and that he might rat me out to the cops for trying to buy illegal substances if I don’t keep paying him.

What should I do here goons? I can’t keep giving this rear end in a top hat my money (I don’t think I even have another $150 in my bank account), but this guy already has a bunch of incriminating poo poo on me (the order, financials, and full text message log including a bunch of bonus photos of money wiring receipts with my name, address, and phone number on them) that he could easily give the police if I don’t pay up. Keep in mind he’s been texting me using a US phone number and I’ve been sending all the money to a US address, so while he may be a Nigerian Cameroonian scammer in Africa and/or Germany, I don’t know with 100% certainty that he is or that he can’t turn me in to cops in the States.

Keep in mind you have poo poo on him too -- even if it's a fake phone number and address, they can be used to track him. And calling up the cops to say "hey, this guy has been doing illegal drug deals with me, plz arrest him but not me tia" doesn't seem like so great a plan. Again, it seems much less likely to me that he's secretly The Police than that he's just trying to rip you off (there's no customs between state lines lol). If I were you I'd just politely decline to pay this one (say something like "I'm sure it'll all work out") and put the whole mess behind you, and if you end up with drugs, hey bonus.

and finally because it's short

quote:

There's a new girl at my work that's totally adorable! I'm already fantasizing about her fursona. Hope she's 18! gently caress yo thread derails!

I don't know how furry poo poo works but I'm pretty sure you can't give someone a fursona by having a crush on them while being a furry

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

loquacius posted:

I don't know how furry poo poo works but I'm pretty sure you can't give someone a fursona by having a crush on them while being a furry

But you apparently can to an Arizona senator

https://twitter.com/KellyTownsend11/status/992576176953610241

https://twitter.com/Dinosaucy/status/992630872879775744

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Drug goon, there is no package. If you pay this fee, there will be another fee that pops up. And another one. And another one. Stop paying this scammer you moron. Call him a mugu and never respond to his texts/calls again.

e: also he won't contact the police, he is some african scammer who has nothing to gain from contacting the police. All he is doing is trying to get as much money out of you as he can, because that is his job. As for the number, have you never heard of things like google voice? It's incredibly easy for scammers to make it look like they are calling/texting from a US number.

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 20:08 on May 7, 2018

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
dont order drugs on the internet you dork.

make friends and buy drugs from them ffs

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

you should keep sending this guy money op. keep us updated with the status of your order

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Drug goon, there is no package. If you pay this fee, there will be another fee that pops up. And another one. And another one. Stop paying this scammer you moron. Call him a mugu and never respond to his texts/calls again.

Don't listen to this person. They don't know what they are talking about.

I have experience dealing with this kind of situation, and for $150 via paypal I would gladly sort it out for you.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Modus Pwnens posted:

Don't listen to this person. They don't know what they are talking about.

I have experience dealing with this kind of situation, and for $150 via paypal I would gladly sort it out for you.

Dont trust this guy. Hes scamming you. Send me 150 and ill sort him out for you.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

omnibobb posted:

Dont trust this guy. Hes scamming you. Send me 150 and ill sort him out for you.

They’re both trying to rip you off. For $150 I’ll send you a kit of how to avoid being taken advantage of scammers like this.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

therattle posted:

They’re both trying to rip you off. For $150 I’ll send you a kit of how to avoid being taken advantage of scammers like this.

Seriously, stop it with this crap, people. Anyone who's asking for money up front is trying to scam you.

Drug goon, PM me your paypal details and I can get this sorted out pronto.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I’ll do it for $140, and it’ll actually work.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Actually drug goon, I've been lying. I am with the Drug Enforcement Agency, and an arrest warrant has been filed under your name. Police will be at your location within 45 minutes. You can settle this in the court house of the Washington or you can settle out of court. Please go immediately to the nearest Government Approved Walmart or CVS and purchase 3 500 dollar Official Government Steam or Itunes giftcards and all criminal charges will be dropped. If you try and hang up this post, you will go to prison for up to 20 years.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

give money

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
You guys laugh, but I bet this is about the level of sophistication it took the confessor’s scammer to part him from his money.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

HerStuddMuffin posted:

You guys laugh, but I bet this is about the level of sophistication it took the confessor’s scammer to part him from his money.

Perhaps, but there's not much even a scammer can buy with made up story money.

Believe me, I've tried....

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I mean, you know it's a scam right away because they didn't ask for the payment in Amazon gift cards. Everyone knows you can only pay online drug dealers in Amazon gift cards.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Solice Kirsk posted:

I mean, you know it's a scam right away because they didn't ask for the payment in Amazon gift cards. Everyone knows you can only pay online drug dealers in Amazon gift cards.

Related: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42426787

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

PS drug goon while you're on the phone with cameroon could you hook me up with some puppies? They are pretty big on that scam...errr, deal apparently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgeL4HBPTUw

i prefer pomeras or pomsky

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
IIRC a ton of these scammers make bank out of gullible old people with encroaching senility who probably just want someone to talk to.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The fake IRS/CRA ones are the worst/most successful and most high-pressure, but I bet the tech support scams get a lot of old people. I could definitely see my grandparents falling for that one. I heard a lot of them are moving on to other countries like Australia recently though because of how much awareness has been spread in the US/Canada. Clearly not enough though considering that confessor. He talks like the stubborn type who will keep digging deeper to prove us naysayers wrong. Just one more demurrage fee and surely they will come through with his drugs.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

HerStuddMuffin posted:

You’re right: we do laugh.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe
I got one of those IRS fake calls who told me to buy an itunes card and i told them i did and when they asked me for the number i said "4". They hung up. that's my story thanks

EDIT: please nobody buy anything on my iTunes card

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I bet the tech support scams get a lot of old people. I could definitely see my grandparents falling for that one.

i get a ton of olds coming into the shop for laptop repair cause they got a Virus! and a window popped up and told them to call Microsoft! and they called the number and gave the foreign sounding man access to their computer and he said it is going to cost them $500 to unlock it!

So i guess the scammers bring in a lot of money to legitimate businesses too which is cool

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, they also take time from me because I have to sit there with people who got scammed and close all their accounts, open all new ones, and explain that a bank doesn't just give money back to people if they willingly gave it to someone else.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I mean, you know it's a scam right away because they didn't ask for the payment in Amazon gift cards bitcoins. Everyone knows you can only pay online drug dealers in Amazon gift cards bitcoins.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

You gotta admit, drug users are pretty much the perfect people to use those internet scam tactics on.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

When all this news about Dan Schneider being a pervert came out, I decided to look into it a bit. I found it insane that some pervert could “hide messages” for kids in his shows.

I’ve been unemployed for a while, so I’ve been watching a lot of Teen Nick on TV. It’s bssicslly half shows made by Schneider - like iCarly, Victorius, and San & Cat.

And I get it, I finally get it. Let me give you a hypothetical. Sam and Cat aired 4 years ago. Jeannette McCurdy was 22, all legal. Ariana Grande was 21, also legal. So is there anything wrong with watching it and finding them attractive? We’d all agree, no. If we follow Ariana back to her first appearance on Victorous, she was 17. Barely illegal. But stick with me here.

We find her attractive 4 years later without fear, what changed in 4 years? Nothing. Escvept arbitrary legal rules.

Now let’s look at Jeanette. She was 14 when iCarly started. Again, illegal but we find her attractive a few years later.

I started really looking into what changed over those years and you know what? It’s not much. Boobs a little bigger, body a little tighter, voice a little deeper. But the face is the same more or less, and the personalities are very similar.

Was the feet thing weird? I guess. I’m more into butts but I can understand a man having a different favorite part. But the rest? These girls are hot, sorry to say, and they knew what they signed up for. If he raped a girl, that’s a problem. But he appears to be in the clear there.

Like all "ephebophiles" you're looking at this from a really egocentric point of view

Like, you're not considering what it would do to a young, impressionable teen to be taken advantage of by someone a lot older who has professional power over them, you're refusing to think of it from any angle other than "is my dick broken if I want to gently caress teenagers"

If it really was All About You then laws wouldn't apply to you at all and you could do anything you wanted. But, here's the thing, it's not.

quote:

My great confession is that for the last ten years almost everything I've done has been so that I can act elitist over people. The main reason I don't use Facebook? So I can mock Facebook users. The reason I don't have a TV? So I can act superior to people who care about stupid TV shows. Movies? Fashion? iPhones? Fine dining experiences? Flying places on vacation? All stuff that I can afford, but simply don't do any more, just because it amuses me to lord it over people who enjoy those trivial things.
The irony of this is that it's massively improving my life. I quit my corporate job and took a paycut to work at a nonprofit so I could rail against capitalism, but the fact that I'm simply not spending very much money on anything means that for once I have financial security and I can make fun of people carrying credit card debt.
I could write a lot more about how great this is and how I'm achieving the Zen of Superiority Over People but honestly most of you probably wouldn't understand it. Have fun on your fancy internet forums, I'm going to go meditate smugly.

This is obviously a strawman confession, but, yeah, people do poo poo because it makes them feel good about themselves, you figured it out, congrats, what's your point

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
good job being that guy no one wants to hang out with.

I suppose this applies to both.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

loquacius posted:

meditating smugly

moms please do the needful.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I laugh meditate smugly at most conspiracy theorists but even before the weinstein stuff and the torrent of awful poo poo that followed, I wholeheartedly believed dan schneider was a pedo. he's basically a kiddie show version of weinstein: a producer with loads of power and a disgusting face whose name is on everything and about whom many horrible rumors abound

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

loquacius posted:

This is obviously a strawman confession, but, yeah, people do poo poo because it makes them feel good about themselves, you figured it out, congrats, what's your point
Not Doing Fun Things To Own The Normies

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
Ever think that the rest of us are on to something? Or I must be too feeble minded to "get it".

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

You're actually just depressed.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

Disclaimers: This may end up pretty long. I'm including the backstory for context. I'm not into creative writing or writing in general. I need an editor.

I've known Lynn for most of my life. Some time in the neighborhood of 25 years ago -- both of us around 11-12 -- we were part of a group outing to see our home major league baseball team lose to the visiting major league baseball team. Whether it was by chance or subconscious will I don't know, but we ended up seated next to each other. And we had a blast. We watched the game, we laughed the whole time. It was awesome.

From then on, whenever we'd see each other -- which was about 3-4 times a year -- we were inseparable in the ways that childhood friends who have bonded are. We preferred each other's company to everyone else and we generally just spent the day close to each other, playing like kids do. We never had a relationship that was more than that. It was just a special "Hope I get to see Lynn" time, and I believe she felt the same way.

As we grew up, we drifted. I got married and had two kids. She got married and had two of her own. Several years go by and you know that it would be great to reach out and talk, but then it might get weird with the marriages and all and you want to be respectful so you don't. That kinda thing.

A couple of years ago, we reconnected as a lot of people do via Facebook. Over time, it evolved into a weekly lunch. There was never anything romantic about it. We just talked about things that were going on in our respective lives. She was still married. I'd gotten divorced and had been seeing someone. "How're the kids? Your folks?" We just talked as long-time friends do.

Every couple of months or so, we'd get together for drinks. It went much like the lunches, but, you know, with alcohol. Again, it wasn't romantic, but you could tell that there were undertones of mutual attraction.

It was on one of these nights 2 weeks ago when it happened. We'd been drinking and talking and laughing. She's flirty, I'm flirty. That's when it popped into my head: "I really want to kiss this girl". A little while passes and that thought morphs into, "I'm going to kiss this girl". Like, I just knew it was going to happen.

I should say, I guess, in the wake of all the sexual harassin' going on these days, that it wasn't a force-myself-on-her kinda thing. I was pretty sure she would be receptive, but if not, I figured she could turn away or stop me and say no or something and I would apologize. That would be the end of it.

So, we're in the middle of an vibrant conversation when I decided it was the time. I took a chance and I just kissed her. And I...I still halt in my tracks when I think about how "wow" it was. She kissed me back with the same enthusiasm and it was wonderful. I was a *little* concerned and asked if maybe I shouldn't have crossed that line. She responded with "as far as I'm concerned, that was 25 years in the making".

I hadn't had a moment like that in a long, long time. I don't really remember when the last time was, but I'll remember this one forever.

The problem is that Lynn is my 2nd cousin. Our grandmothers were sisters. The baseball outing was a family group. The 3-4 times a year were family reunions or funerals. But, and I know I'm rationalizing this whole event however I can, I was adopted and we don't share any blood. That's not really the confession, though.

The confession is that I don't regret it one bit. I feel a little guilt on account of kissing someone who is not my SO, and a little about kissing another man's woman, both of which I normally advise against. But I don't feel guilty about kissing her. And if I did, I'd regret not doing it more. She may very well have been my first love, even if I didn't acknowledge or know about it consciously.

Afterwards, she and I talked about how we needed to close that door, we couldn't be the reasons for our respective relationships failing, and we've agreed that we shouldn't drink together and to leave it as it is -- a kiss and an unspoken attraction. I love my SO. I'm not going to go any further than I already have and I won't do it again.

But if I had it to do over? I so totally would.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbIsxO5ya-Q

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Maybe she's not even related to you George Michael.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok now that’s a solid confession.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MarcusSA posted:

Ok now that’s a solid confession.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

agreedo, and furthermore, I still halt in my tracks when I think about how "wow" it was. We haven't had a confession like that in a long, long time. I don't really remember when the last time was, but I'll remember this one forever.

number one pta fan
Sep 6, 2011

my work is my play play
every day pay day
That might be another man's woman but it's your relative. Have at it, friend, that's more important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

loquacius posted:

another man's woman
That's some weird phrasing

Also married people shouldn't kiss their married cousins

Even if you're married to each other