Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
That's the cucumber-blackberry flavor and it's extremely good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

you like luke warm sparkling water?

if you get used to it it's fine. not pleasant but drinkable :shrug:

i've mostly switched to seltzer cuz i'm trying to get off soda but i like having at least one bubbly drink because it's really good at breaking up the disgusting mucous and slime that i naturally secrete inside my head like some kind of slime monster

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

ate all the Oreos posted:

i've mostly switched to seltzer cuz i'm trying to get off soda but i like having at least one bubbly drink because it's really good at breaking up the disgusting mucous and slime that i naturally secrete inside my head like some kind of slime monster

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I like regular ol' water more than seltzer.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Bhodi posted:

the joke works because people only drink this when it's free and the only other options are coffee or soda. no one buys it for themselves and so it's exclusively stocked in tech company break rooms you damned nerds

i buy it, op

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Rex-Goliath posted:

i buy it, op
you hosed up

it's literally the worst brand even if you actually like seltzer which is already kind of weird

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Shaggar posted:

S.W.R.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

ate all the Oreos posted:

if you get used to it it's fine. not pleasant but drinkable :shrug:

yet more proof about it being "wanting diet soda but not wanting to be seen drinking diet soda"

Shaggar posted:

same

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

having enjoyed carbonated water with very light fruit-based flavoring for over 30 years the sudden trendiness of one brand of such (and related internet bellyaching about it) is a bit confusing

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
do they make lacroix with caffeine in it yet? i'd drink that. i can't drink coffee anymore but i still need wake up juice :sludgepal:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Shaggar posted:

my 3 non-hard drinks are basically water, tea, or coffee

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Cold on a Cob posted:

do they make lacroix with caffeine in it yet? i'd drink that.

:emptyquote:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

blessed

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Cold on a Cob posted:

do they make lacroix with caffeine in it yet? i'd drink that. i can't drink coffee anymore but i still need wake up juice :sludgepal:

https://hiballer.com

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.

our design dept all drinks this poo poo it’s pretty bad

nightbae smokewheat
Feb 11, 2011

Stymie posted:

the seltzer fad comes and goes it's just particularly obnoxious this time because la croix is so pretentious and white

don't sign your posts

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
so nerds just want to be 40 yo suburban dads now and that’s why lacroix is everywhere?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lancemantis posted:

so nerds just want to be 40 yo suburban dads

gimme two years and i'll be that for real :smug:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lancemantis posted:

so nerds just want to be 40 yo suburban dads now and that’s why lacroix is everywhere?

it mixes well with booze

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
again, this stuff is better than any other fizzy water

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

fishmech posted:

yet more proof about it being "wanting diet soda but not wanting to be seen drinking diet soda"

i don't really care if i'm seen drinking diet soda, i just want something that doesn't stain my teeth real bad and give me kidney stones

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

hm i'll have to watch out for those, but i've never seen them in stores here :canada:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it mixes well with booze

y'know what else mixes well with booze?

booze.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

infernal machines posted:

booze.

rusty nail ftw

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
a negroni is also nice

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i'm the three pages of fake luxury white people soda posts

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Shaggar posted:

this
carbonated drinks are made for and marketed to children

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
why the gently caress can’t Americans just drink water

this is why you’re fat as a nation

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's a big country. gotta fill it with something

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

FrozenVent posted:

you can't tax my soda! are freedoms!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

a negroni is also nice

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FrozenVent posted:

all the water has been reserved by farmers and drink makers. also the tap water is gross outside of some major cities

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

haveblue posted:

also the tap water is gross outside of some major cities

no way jose. i had awesome well water when i was a kid

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

pretty sure i've been asked if i wanted still or sparkling water more outside the US than within despite living in the US

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

american mountain dew combines entirely too well with honey jack daniels

also if you have access to xtabentun you can trade that for pretty much any sort of favour from me

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

flakeloaf posted:

mt. dew was created as a mixer for moonshine or whiskey

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

flakeloaf posted:

also if you have access to xtabentun you can trade that for pretty much any sort of favour from me

just make a lynchburg lemonade and quit drinking that poo poo

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

ArmZ posted:

mt. dew was created as a mixer for moonshine or whiskey

wait, what

what?

quote:

Tennessee bottlers Barney and Ally Hartman developed Mountain Dew as a mixer in the 1940s. Soft drinks were sold regionally in the 1930s, and the Hartmans had difficulty in Knoxville obtaining their preferred soda to mix with liquor, preferably whiskey, so the two men developed their own. Originally a nineteenth-century generic term for whiskey, especially Highland Scotch whiskey, the Mountain Dew name was trademarked for the soft drink in 1948.

Charles Gordon, who had partnered with William Swartz to bottle and promote Dr. Enuf, was introduced to Mountain Dew when he met the Hartman brothers on a train and they offered him a sample. Gordon and the Hartman brothers subsequently made a deal to bottle Mountain Dew by the Tri-Cities Beverage Corporation in Johnson City, Tennessee.

:aaa:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bhodi posted:

the joke works because people only drink this when it's free and the only other options are coffee or soda. no one buys it for themselves and so it's exclusively stocked in tech company break rooms you damned nerds

you mad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
i drink selzer in mass quantity

never understood the appeal of flavored selzer