Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

bud is either a terrible watery american pale lager or marijuana sold to you by a creepy drug dealer who also sells unregistered assault weapons and underage prostitutes

flower is a clean, medicinal product taken from a cannabis plant

yeah, i try not to think too hard on our forever-evolving american slang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
got some loud cheddar, brah

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Mozi posted:

got some loud cheddar, brah

https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/green-cheese ?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i was just making up stupid slang

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Do you hold your hits for a certain amount of time or just exhale immediately? I try to hold it for at least 5 seconds which is probably pointless. I've heard it both ways.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I hold for a second or two but that's typically because I feel it hitting my brains and I gotta catch up with what's actually happening

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think your lungs take in everything they are capable of as soon as a chemical enters. Lungs aren't like empty bags, they're super porous so it's not like if the smoke hangs around in there it'll find new surface area to stick to.

I think what you get immediately after inhale is all the chemical uptake you're going to get and anything beyond that is just damaging the tissue for no real effect. Am I wrong here?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Earwicker posted:

its called that in every store ive been to in like four different states plus canada, and in every media article about the weed business so i think theres a bit more to it than that

yeah but we smoke them before that point. and also everyone called it "buds" until like... 5 years ago? it was a sudden transition, definitely associated with legalization, but its weird and it happened so fast and on such a large scale that it seems like there's some agenda or purpose behind it. like some marketer somewhere decided that the word "flower" is more amenable than "buds" to the normalization and gentrification of the weed industry or something

Yeah, beats me too. I'm sure it's a marketing thing.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

bring back old gbs posted:

I think your lungs take in everything they are capable of as soon as a chemical enters. Lungs aren't like empty bags, they're super porous so it's not like if the smoke hangs around in there it'll find new surface area to stick to.

I think what you get immediately after inhale is all the chemical uptake you're going to get and anything beyond that is just damaging the tissue for no real effect. Am I wrong here?

I've heard that as well, but then how does shotgunning work? Like, not "lit end in your mouth" shotgunning, but the regular "exhale into someone's mouth" style?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

bring back old gbs posted:

I wish I knew for sure. I'm having a long debate about how that works VS my low rear end heart rate and how much blood is passing through to pick up whatever is in my lungs.

Cinaedus Defututus
Mar 21, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

plape tickler posted:

Do you hold your hits for a certain amount of time or just exhale immediately? I try to hold it for at least 5 seconds which is probably pointless. I've heard it both ways.

i have an instinct to hold in concentrate vapour until it's all absorbed. unlike smoke, that vapour is pure cannabinoids and terpenes with no combusted particulate matter etc. so if you're still blowing out a cloud on exhale, you're wasting.

the problem is that you really need iron lungs to hold in concentrate vapour until full absorption, because that poo poo burns worse than smoke the longer you hold it in - just remember that as long as your lungs are burning cannabinoids are being absorbed, so just persevere until your autonomic nervous system forces you to exhale.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
If anyone needs a podcast where stoned people try to tell fairy tales, this is one of that podcast: https://soundcloud.com/user-735897105/episode-4-ashenputel-scab-child-labor-the-music-of-devo

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Sitting on my porch here in Houston starin at this busy rear end road in midtown, blazing it up with the genie again, guy walking down the street with a giant loving joint and some baller Morpheus style sunglasses and rocking them flawlessly god drat

89 degrees and low humidity , poo poo feels good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O3wG1nw3c0

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

weed

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Inhaling to deal with some bullshit.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
God I miss weed so loving much. Cannabinoid Hyperemesis is real and lovely and loving blows rear end

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

SlipkPIe posted:

God I miss weed so loving much. Cannabinoid Hyperemesis is real and lovely and loving blows rear end

i am truly sorry for your lots

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

SlipkPIe posted:

Oh my god I just looked into this as I had never heard of it. Maybe I should take a wee break

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Didn't mean to scare any happy stoners. It's pretty rare

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

SlipkPIe posted:

I live in fear of this. Does it ever go away if you take a long enough break? Like, years long? Does CBD still trigger it?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Got coffee and an almond croissant, came home, blazed it in the sun on the porch.

:perfect:

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

Mnemosyne posted:

I live in fear of this. Does it ever go away if you take a long enough break? Like, years long? Does CBD still trigger it?

Not sure, it just started happening this year. Gonna stay sober until 2019 and then try a bit and see how it goes. For reference, I was smoking literally every day practically constantly for like 7 or 8 years before it developed

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

from what ive heard it has to do with thc building up in your fat cells and then being released later on causing you to sort of get overwhelmed, triggering the nausea

if that is the cause then cbd shouldn't contribute to it because the problem is caused by thc's effects. but im not a doctor!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

I'm smoking marijuana right now!

and celebrating for no goddamn good reason because why the hell not?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i mite suck off mary jane's daddy

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

*that ghostbusters guy saying THAT'S A PENIS .gif meme*

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

california's implementation of legal weed is kind of strange. in the other legal states you can just walk into a place, buy a preroll, and walk back out like you are buying a product in any other kind of store, it takes like 5 minutes. everywhere i've been in CA you have to go through some tedious registration process and become a "member" of wherever you are buying weed from. and then you also have to carry it around in a special little bag for some reason?

on the other hand, SF has the first dispensary i've seen in the US where there is an actual lounge for you to hang out and smoke, which was great when i was having a real poo poo day yesterday and finally just had a place to chill and listen to music and get high. hopefully they open some like that in LA soon

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

In Vegas they also try to sign you up for their system too but it works out because most places set up a type of point system where you can get free weed once you collect enough.

We also have the special bags like you mentioned, which you also get extra points for returning them once you're done.

I don't think it's necessary to sign up to be a member but I'll be dammed if I'm not gonna take advantage of free weed points.

My main place also does free delivery if you are a member and spend over $100. They usually get here within an hour, not to bad.

Only problem with Vegas is that it is currently more expensive than places like WA. Glad that I'm moving, I can't wait to check out the Seattle scene.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

UglyCrackBaby posted:

In Vegas they also try to sign you up for their system too but it works out because most places set up a type of point system where you can get free weed once you collect enough.

yeah that sort of thing is great if it's a local dispensary you are going to as a regular, but kind of annoying when you are traveling and just want to stop in to buy a joint real quick

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

Earwicker posted:

yeah that sort of thing is great if it's a local dispensary you are going to as a regular, but kind of annoying when you are traveling and just want to stop in to buy a joint real quick

Very true.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Colorado has, in the places I've lived/spent time in, really capitalized on how easy it is to get from the purchaser perspective. Hotels, concerts, there are businesses in Denver that are basically party vans you rent that take you to different dispensaries and such. Weed tourism is a thing in a big way here, I would expect that eventually other states will follow, same way as the price was high here and then dropped significantly over a couple years.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Good soup! posted:

I feel it hitting my brains and I gotta catch up with what's actually happening

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Got high while waiting on the train and the sorta new donkey Kong game is excellent and colorful.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Meghan Markle's Oregon nephew is using the royal wedding to sell weed

http://www.oregonlive.com/trending/2018/05/meghan_markles_oregon_nephew_i.html posted:

If you are about to marry one of the princes of England, suddenly all your distant relatives want a piece of that sweet royal spotlight.

Take, for example, Meghan Markle's half-brother's son, Tyler Dooley, 25, of Grants Pass, who is using the upcoming nuptials of his half-aunt to sell a cannabis strain he is calling: "Markle Sparkle."

The strain, a Sativa hybrid, "makes you feel positive, happy, and energetic," according to Leafbuyer.com.

"It is uplifting and has been known to create a tingling body sensation of numbness," the website adds.

Markle Sparkle is a hybrid of three strains: Blue City Diesel, Blueberry Northern Lights and a "third secret strain" that will be revealed when Markle Sparkle is launched June 2 at the High Times Cannabis Cup Northern California.

That's right: Though Dooley is "a licensed medical marijuana grower in Grants Pass, Oregon who is legally growing the special strain of marijuana in honor of his aunt," according to a press release from Leafbuyer.com, the strain will first be available in California.

A spokesperson for Leafbuyer.com said over email Wednesday that Dooley is looking for an Oregon distributor for his royal strain.

"It could be for sale in Oregon within the next few weeks if all goes well," she added.

Markle Sparkle is grown in Grants Pass and in Northern California.

While Dooley is using his connection to almost-royalty for marketing purposes, it seems clear that his part of the family is not very close to the future probably duchess and will not be attending the wedding.

Dooley's dad, Thomas Markle Jr., recently sent a letter to Prince Harry saying, "As more time passes to your royal wedding, it became very clear that this is the biggest mistake in royal wedding history."

In the letter he called his younger half-sister a "jaded, shallow, conceited woman that will make a joke of you and the royal family heritage," adding: "Not to mention, to top it off, she doesn't invite her own family and instead invites complete strangers to the wedding, 'who does that.'"

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I can’t imagine why she’s not inviting this side of the family.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

had to renew my card this month as it expires june 1st. just saw the state of michigan cash my check today and that's always good to see, as they wouldn't cash it if there were issues renewing

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i hope they take that weed and shove it down all their royal throats until they die of asphyxiation

namaste

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
http://movement.us/

It's time for Techno Christmas!! The most fun part is finding creative ways to sneak poo poo in. Hope everyone else has a bitchin' Memorial Day weekend

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I'm glad this is on YouTube so I dont have to wonder if lifestraws can filter out the bong taste from bong water (it doesn't)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Got this good poo poo called Wookiee OG that's like, 27% THC, blazed like 3 bowls, and went and saw Solo.

Pretty fun, would recommend.