Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
lord god the ga guidestones are not a good thing to use as a basis for anything, they're the sorta poo poo put together by people who live in rural ga with too much time and not enough contact with different types of people

also eh young people been rejecting traditions for as long as there's been new generations, and people have been getting angry at them for it for just as long, welcome to the cycle of humanity. i don't think saying 'don't reject traditions just to reject them' is unpopular as an opinion, what you're really just trying to say is you hate being young, which i guess is somewhat of an unpopular opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Eh, I think each tradition needs to be evaluated on its own merits. Some are good, some are outdated. But sometimes progress for the sake of progress can be bad too. I think social media has proved that pretty handily.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Even though it's not the mind-bending, soul-grabbing experience of the first season, I'm still enjoying Westworld Season 2. I don't feel as safe sharing this hot take with the TVIV Westworld thread, where the suffering of attachments is still strong.

When most people will just be starting to confront the horror of having to consider cannibalism, I will have already been eating parts of folks previously thought inedible.

The Creature
Nov 23, 2014

Kinger posted:

Sweet tea is loving gross, it's like someone took a gigantic cup of sugar and poured a tiny little bit of tea into it.

Iced tea is best served unsweetened.

How on earth is this unpopular? I live in Oklahoma and people drink unsweetened iced tea all the time.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

The Creature posted:

How on earth is this unpopular? I live in Oklahoma and people drink unsweetened iced tea all the time.

There's no such thing as unsweetened tea. Only tea that you didn't finish making.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Fill your mouth with tea leaves and then drink boiling water. If you want to add sugar, that's fine.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Caufman posted:

Fill your mouth with tea leaves and then drink boiling water. If you want to add sugar, that's fine.

I think we've established that it's not ok. Just drink your boiling leaf water unsweetened like a normal human being.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'd rather be in humid heat than dry heat

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

if your tea has to be sweetened to the point where you can only taste sugar to be palatable, your tea's poo poo and should be thrown on the compost heap

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The way other people prefer food I am not required to eat does not affect me in the slightest.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Caufman posted:

Even though it's not the mind-bending, soul-grabbing experience of the first season, I'm still enjoying Westworld Season 2. I don't feel as safe sharing this hot take with the TVIV Westworld thread, where the suffering of attachments is still strong.

When most people will just be starting to confront the horror of having to consider cannibalism, I will have already been eating parts of folks previously thought inedible.

I think comparing TVIV to general consensus isn't really fair in terms of judging unpopular opinions. I've been enjoying the season and so has my girlfriend. People at work, friends, all enjoy it to some level.

No, it's not as good as last season but I think with last season you went into it not knowing what to expect. This season you're looking for all the twists and turns and the twist is that there's not as many as last season. I'm definitely expecting it to get to the final couple episodes and blow my mind.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'd rather be in humid heat than dry heat

Can I ask why? I'm about to enter the hellish summer over here where it's in the 90s and sometimes over 100 with very high humidity with no AC at home and I'd rather be just about anywhere else. Fans don't help, you're just soggy all day. Dry heat isn't perfect but at least it's not as overwhelming with no AC.

Anyway TV/IV, especially when people are "liveposting" an episode is terrible. The only readable threads are the shows that hardly anyone watches or posts about like Supernatural and Stargate.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

docbeard posted:

The way other people prefer food I am not required to eat does not affect me in the slightest.

This affects me greatly

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Can I ask why? I'm about to enter the hellish summer over here where it's in the 90s and sometimes over 100 with very high humidity with no AC at home and I'd rather be just about anywhere else. Fans don't help, you're just soggy all day. Dry heat isn't perfect but at least it's not as overwhelming with no AC.

Anyway TV/IV, especially when people are "liveposting" an episode is terrible. The only readable threads are the shows that hardly anyone watches or posts about like Supernatural and Stargate.

I was exposed to Vegas in July a couple of times at a young age and was just always dehydrated and getting nosebleeds and generally miserable. I'd rather be sweaty.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There's no shame in just seeking out the best songs a band/artist has and sticking with that. You don't need encyclopedic knowledge of an artist to be a fan. Most albums are 80% poo poo anyways. Deep cuts are mostly for suckers.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

I was exposed to Vegas in July a couple of times at a young age and was just always dehydrated and getting nosebleeds and generally miserable. I'd rather be sweaty.

I knew you were going to say this. Vegas in July is an absolutely singular sensation. I could feel the moisture actively being sucked out of my body. You know what else is a singular sensation? New Orleans in july. It feels like you are being smothered in hot barber's towels. Air is actually trying to drown you as it scorches you.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

I knew you were going to say this. Vegas in July is an absolutely singular sensation. I could feel the moisture actively being sucked out of my body. You know what else is a singular sensation? New Orleans in july. It feels like you are being smothered in hot barber's towels. Air is actually trying to drown you as it scorches you.

My worst experience was walking through a mangrove swamp in the summer. My friend swore just putting on extra mosquito repellant would be fine but he was veruly wrong. We were all soaked and practically covered in mosquitoes. The fuckers were biting through my shirt.

Popular opinion: gently caress mosquitoes.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

There's no shame in just seeking out the best songs a band/artist has and sticking with that. You don't need encyclopedic knowledge of an artist to be a fan. Most albums are 80% poo poo anyways. Deep cuts are mostly for suckers.

suckers? lmbo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's like some of the posts in this thread were pulled right out of my 13 year old brain to laugh at

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

I haven’t been to NOLA in July (though I was there last October and it was unseasonably hot) but I’ve done Florida summers a million times.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Having lived in both Florida and Arizona I can tell you they both suck in the summer. Try sleeping on a leather couch in Arizona in July when your air conditioner goes out and they can't come to fix it for another day.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Anywhere hot is bad. It should always be cloudy and 60 degrees Fahrenheit.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Aramek posted:

Anywhere hot is bad. It should always be cloudy and 60 degrees Fahrenheit.

Agreed, I do not comprehend northerners who dream of living somewhere “warm” except maybe a tropical island

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
if you move to the south expect it to get very, very hot. stay away from louisiana if you cant handle 80-90 degree weather on a cloudy day

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

I haven’t been to NOLA in July (though I was there last October and it was unseasonably hot) but I’ve done Florida summers a million times.

Inland Florida is hell, if you were on the coast you got that breeeeeze.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm a fan of Donald Glover as a comedian and actor, but I am not a fan of his music career.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

spit on my clit posted:

if you move to the south expect it to get very, very hot. stay away from louisiana if you cant handle 80-90 degree weather on a cloudy day

It's why I've always preferred colder climates: way easier to add layers and heat than the opposite.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't like how British people say glacier

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

As much as people in the PNW complain about Seattle weather being depressing it's a million times better than being in Houston in the summer. Or any time of the year really.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

hawowanlawow posted:

suckers? lmbo

Absolutely. I spent a good chunk of my life feeling the need to run the full gamut with artist's discographies, finding hidden gems or whatever and it was mostly a waste of time. I'd have been way better off just listening to the most well liked songs by most of them. Like, For example, I wish I had just googled the 30 good songs by Guided By Voices instead of trying to wade through 100 30 song albums that were mostly bad or forgettable.

Nowadays, if I hear a new song I like I'll just stick it in a playlist. Sometimes I'll check the album out and cherry pick a few songs, sometimes I wont even bother to do that and I'm happier for it. Being a music nerd/collector is exhausting and I have better things to like shitpost.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Listen to better bands

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Ultima66 posted:

As much as people in the PNW complain about Seattle weather being depressing it's a million times better than being in Houston in the summer. Or any time of the year really.

Houston is a total shithole 100% of the time

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

spit on my clit posted:

I'm a fan of Donald Glover as a comedian and actor, but I am not a fan of his music career.

Danny glover is a better actor and probably would be a better musician if he weren't too old for that poo poo.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

His stand up is terrible. Speaks too fast and says "like, like, like, like" way too much. Calm down build on your jokes like Bill Burr.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Listen to better bands

:lol: hit me with what better bands I should be listening to with my one example you have for reference being GBV. Given the general trash music taste of goons I think this will be funny to hear.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

:lol: hit me with what better bands I should be listening to with my one example you have for reference being GBV. Given the general trash music taste of goons I think this will be funny to hear.

allow me to introduce you to the best band of all time: bon jovi

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't like how British people say glacier
I don't like how Americans say it. The English pronunciation reminds me of glass, which seems appropriate for ice. The American pronunciation is a more slurred, slushy sound.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tiggum posted:

I don't like how Americans say it. The English pronunciation reminds me of glass, which seems appropriate

pictured: some glass

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Absolutely. I spent a good chunk of my life feeling the need to run the full gamut with artist's discographies, finding hidden gems or whatever and it was mostly a waste of time. I'd have been way better off just listening to the most well liked songs by most of them. Like, For example, I wish I had just googled the 30 good songs by Guided By Voices instead of trying to wade through 100 30 song albums that were mostly bad or forgettable.

Nowadays, if I hear a new song I like I'll just stick it in a playlist. Sometimes I'll check the album out and cherry pick a few songs, sometimes I wont even bother to do that and I'm happier for it. Being a music nerd/collector is exhausting and I have better things to like shitpost.

veni veni veni posted:

the lack of self awareness is strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah sure. I’ve no doubt people are really impressed by your in depth knowledge of whatever lovely prog rock you almost certainly listen to.