Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I think Artie might be skinnier than Benjy at this point.

I never thought that Artie would outlive Benjy but holy poo poo, he’s the size of a house now. He must be seriously depressed and not give a poo poo anymore.

Also is it just me or is that new set depressing at hell? Generic. No Fred. Just two old yentas in horrible wigs (Robins is at least justifiable). Even the studio from the E show was better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

baba booey

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Two Kings posted:

I never thought that Artie would outlive Benjy but holy poo poo, he’s the size of a house now. He must be seriously depressed and not give a poo poo anymore.

Also is it just me or is that new set depressing at hell? Generic. No Fred. Just two old yentas in horrible wigs (Robins is at least justifiable). Even the studio from the E show was better.

The design pretty much eliminates the possibility of doing most of the old bits, as there isn't enough space to do them.

I suppose the redesign could just be to get enough coverage as possible with a few set cameras, that way they could bring back a TV show element with only a few staff members operating/maintaining the cameras and editing the footage together afterward. It sucks that they got rid of the Howard TV crew but it was obvious that they had way too many staff for what must have been the easiest show in the world to shoot.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Two Kings posted:

Fred's there, you just can't see him in that pic that's been going around. If it's the one I've seen looking longways at the studio with Howard on the left and Robin on the right, Fred is above them between SHOW sign and the faux brick wall setup (his face is hidden behind the monitor).

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Any images? I actually have not seen the new studio at all. I just know there is some lip that everyone keeps tripping on...

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Lifespan posted:

Any images? I actually have not seen the new studio at all. I just know there is some lip that everyone keeps tripping on...

From the HS Reddit -

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

DeadBonesBrook posted:

From the HS Reddit -

A sanitized studio to match the sanitized show.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Weird. So Robin is still in an enclosed booth after all of these years and Fred still is hidden. From that camera angle is also seems like the couch is further away than it used to be, which hurts the interview, though Howard does seem less enclosed than the last studio.

This leads me to another topic, does anyone feel like Fred has kind of lost his touch recently? They are always prone to sticking with specific drops, but even with that I feel like he is missing the mark pretty commonly now...

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
He's still awesome with the Ronnie impressions.

Also, gently caress benjy, I hope he has a fuckin heart attack and dies. Or a stroke and turns in to a vegetable.
I just about have to turn the show off when he's on the air.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I think Fred never got totally comfortable with the digital board at sirius and now he's older and slower so he's just not as good. With that said, he's still pretty good, he's just not at his peak.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Lifespan posted:

This leads me to another topic, does anyone feel like Fred has kind of lost his touch recently? They are always prone to sticking with specific drops, but even with that I feel like he is missing the mark pretty commonly now...

Fred is just phoning it in like everyone else.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
baba booey

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Next person who says baba booey... there moms gay :hehe:

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
<---------- gay mirror that bounces back gayness beams ----------->

baba booey

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I'm not a long term listener so I was curious about this, why is Robin in that enclosed space? is it because she's afraid guests could be dangerous and needed an enclosed spcae? I know it started like that because she did the news and the ntertainment section in radio don't crossover but I don'Lt think that would make sense anymore.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Odddzy posted:

I'm not a long term listener so I was curious about this, why is Robin in that enclosed space? is it because she's afraid guests could be dangerous and needed an enclosed spcae? I know it started like that because she did the news and the ntertainment section in radio don't crossover but I don'Lt think that would make sense anymore.

News people were always in separate booths I don’t know why

Maybe because they turn off their mics to do work and move in and out a lot

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

euphronius posted:

Maybe because they turn off their mics to do work and move in and out a lot

Howard (in background): I'm very proud of what's going on here-....

*burrnowwerrroumplff*

Allegedly.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Somebody please tell me that somebody has called in and cornered Howard into admitting that HowardTV will never exist.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Somebody please tell me that somebody has called in and cornered Howard into admitting that HowardTV will never exist.

Zero point zero chance. If it's a "real" phone caller at all to begin with and they managed to get on the air to say something like that, Howard would just dump it anyway.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Odddzy posted:

Its an old school radio thing. Back in the day, news people would have fax machines and dot matrix printers that were constantly printing stuff from "the wire" that were right next to them. The booth isolates the sound from the main broadcast.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bonzo posted:

Its an old school radio thing. Back in the day, news people would have fax machines and dot matrix printers that were constantly printing stuff from "the wire" that were right next to them. The booth isolates the sound from the main broadcast.

Robin used to read off funny fax messages they got sometimes. :sigh:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Howard 360 isn't Howard TV but it is what they've just started to unveil. It's like 3 years late or whatever, though.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Crotch Bat posted:

Howard 360 isn't Howard TV but it is what they've just started to unveil. It's like 3 years late or whatever, though.

That's actually what I mean to say

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

So the technology has finally caught up with Howards vision?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
The booth is in case they ever do another Daniel Carver roast.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who did the Pink Floyd cover in the intro ? Natalie Maines?

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Dob shelvb ligga

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

dopp zhelv ligga

an adult beverage posted:

Dob shelvb ligga

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
I'm eggSTREMEly dumvoundeded

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
"The most ignorant thing is stupidity."
-Tan Mom

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
baba booey

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

baba booey

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

Bill Brasky
Apr 13, 2008

Sasa Smelly

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Right now, my professional life is, like, at a 9 but my personal life is, like, at a 2.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Well, believe it or not, tomorrow I'm going off on a Star Trek cruise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Well, believe it or not, tomorrow I'm going off on a Star Trek cruise.

Oh My!