Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

BattleMaster posted:

Dougram out of loving nowhere :psyduck:

Goodsmile has been quietly releasing Dougram models for a long time. They don't have distribution in America so you have to import them though. But this means they're gonna at some point do a Tequila Gunner, which I MUST HAVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Guy Goodbody posted:

Goodsmile has been quietly releasing Dougram models for a long time. They don't have distribution in America so you have to import them though. But this means they're gonna at some point do a Tequila Gunner, which I MUST HAVE

Huh I didn't know that; I assumed Dougram was kind of forgotten.

Their Bigfoot model looks fantastic :stwoon:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not sure what Megami Device is, but here it is

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Aaaand the HGUC GM Sniper Custom is P-Bandai. You're shocked, I know.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Going away for a long weekend and don't have time to paint and detail yet, but here's a couple of HGs I hacked together after completing the trial of the PG LED Exia.

Kampfer Morpheus (Kampfer Amazing)

Miss Sazabi Rebake, because I don't like what they did with the arms and legs of the base model

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

asterioth posted:

So another (possible) mass release P-bandai was announced apparently, the MG Gundam Avalanche Exia Dash

https://www.usagundamstore.com/collections/new/products/pre-order-mg-1-100-gundam-avalanche-exia-dash

USAGundam is the only place Im seeing a listing at right now, they might have put it up early or Im just bad at finding things.

They put it up early, P-Bandai orders don't start until 1PM JST.

Also new on P-Bandai today, Ground Type Gundam with Parachute Pants Pack! It also comes with a bunch of weapons not included in the regular kit as well as a GM head, so in other words it's the best possible version of the kit but screw you consumers!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RillAkBea posted:

They put it up early, P-Bandai orders don't start until 1PM JST.

Also new on P-Bandai today, Ground Type Gundam with Parachute Pants Pack! It also comes with a bunch of weapons not included in the regular kit as well as a GM head, so in other words it's the best possible version of the kit but screw you consumers!

Eh. Other than the backpack and the tri-missile launcher, it's all stuff that comes with the ground GM. Can't work up too much ire for that. One weapon and one new part falls well within the standard range for these things.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
NGL, the only reason I'm looking forward to Eva 4.0 is so I can get some Evangelion kits that aren't expensive as gently caress.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So, who was asking for a model kit of Gosaurer?

Probably nobody, but here you go. :P

Apparently the start of a 25th anniversary line for Sunrise, so hopefully it equates to some Brave love as well.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I kinda like the Varguil, it's like the Sazabi and Sinanju had a purple baby that wears high heels. I'm glad it's getting an HG release.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What even is this?

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

What even is this?

The nametag says it's the Tyrant Sword Custom [Agless?]

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/SX-NFR-01SES_Tyrant_Sword

But it's not a release that's coming, it's just a custom build by Hobby Japan magazine.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

FREUDE, SCHÖNER GÖTTERFUNKEN,
TOCHTER AUS ELYSIUM,
WIR BETRETEN FEUERTRUNKEN,
HIMMLISCHE, DEIN HEILIGTUM!

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

MJP posted:

FREUDE, SCHÖNER GÖTTERFUNKEN,
TOCHTER AUS ELYSIUM,
WIR BETRETEN FEUERTRUNKEN,
HIMMLISCHE, DEIN HEILIGTUM!

Link with better pics http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/7263/MODEROID+Savage+Crossbow.html

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Romes128 posted:

nj. good to know shipping to nyc won't take long.

thanks for the help guys.

Gundamplanet to NYC costs less to 1-day ship than standard shipping. It's basically overnight for me so I buy mostly from them. Midtown Comics on W 40th has the best balance of price and variety I've found in Manhattan (Image Anime is alright too, pricy but tons of kits and the owners are fans, gotta ask an employee for paints), Brooklyn has a few gems (Rui Yong on 59th is overpriced but has good taste, unfortunately all the kits are behind the counter for some godforsaken reason). There's a few shops in Chinatown but my friend isn't super hot on the selection.

Don't forget the Red Caboose for paint supplies, they have literally everything. The owners are huge model train nerds, I don't think they like gunpla very much :maga:

If anyone knows any other good ones please post em

Taintrunner posted:

Miss Sazabi Rebake, because I don't like what they did with the arms and legs of the base model

You're a monster and must be stopped

Wanted By Weed
Aug 14, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Beelerzebub posted:

NGL, the only reason I'm looking forward to Eva 4.0 is so I can get some Evangelion kits that aren't expensive as gently caress.

No kidding. I finished Unit 08 yesterday and bought Mark 06, but it was almost twice the price of unit 02 before shipping.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Marx Headroom posted:

You're a monster and must be stopped

Honestly I wanted to use one of the Graze arms but they connect inversely to the way the Miss Sazabi arms and torso connect (arms have the soft gaps that the hard plastic torso sticks into, vice versa on the Graze arms) and I don't know how to work around that.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Marx Headroom posted:

Gundamplanet to NYC costs less to 1-day ship than standard shipping. It's basically overnight for me so I buy mostly from them. Midtown Comics on W 40th has the best balance of price and variety I've found in Manhattan (Image Anime is alright too, pricy but tons of kits and the owners are fans, gotta ask an employee for paints), Brooklyn has a few gems (Rui Yong on 59th is overpriced but has good taste, unfortunately all the kits are behind the counter for some godforsaken reason). There's a few shops in Chinatown but my friend isn't super hot on the selection.

Don't forget the Red Caboose for paint supplies, they have literally everything. The owners are huge model train nerds, I don't think they like gunpla very much :maga:

If anyone knows any other good ones please post em

good to know. I've bought a kit from image anime cause I was bored and walking around. never been to midtown comics, i'll have to give them a visit.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
All these 1/144 IBO weapons and bits are the same size as these 1/100 Wing weapons and bits. This is very concerning.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
BOOOOO! Go away Kotobukiya. I don't want your jank-rear end build quality ruining Brave mechs, especially if these are going to be non-SD kits. :(

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Marx Headroom posted:

If you're a local and want to save on shipping at Gundam Planet by going to pick it up in-store:

1) Use the coupon code "pickup"
2) Specify your mailing address as anywhere that isn't New Jersey
3) Complete your order as normal
4) Go to Gundam Planet and pick up

Saves on tax and shipping! Plus you can hit up Tang Maru or Shaburo or any of the other kickass Korean places for lunch with the money you saved.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

TaurusOxford posted:

BOOOOO! Go away Kotobukiya. I don't want your jank-rear end build quality ruining Brave mechs, especially if these are going to be non-SD kits. :(

i will buy 2.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

CaptainRat posted:

I shouldn't buy this.

However, I am going to buy this.

gunpla.txt

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Yinlock posted:

gunpla.txt

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Gunpla/Plamo Thread Mk.IV: I shouldn't buy this. However, I am going to buy this.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

CaptainRat posted:

I shouldn't buy this.

However, I am going to buy this.

What else shouldn't I buy to make ordering this viable.

Fixed for me.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

MJP posted:

If you're a local and want to save on shipping at Gundam Planet by going to pick it up in-store:

This + Korean lunch perfect day trip ty

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Guy Goodbody posted:

How are their Dougram kits quality and size wise? The Dougram kit is tempting me hardcore.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Off to comic Con tomorrow in Ottawa. I'm hoping to pick up the RG tallgeese if any of the three gunpla selling stores between here and Montreal have it

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

My latest shipment came in!

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Wow, apparently the HG Leo uses only ball joint type polycaps. Looks pretty good though, zero stickers and the yellow face sight glows in the dark.

http://schizophonic9.com/re4/hgac_leo.html

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Big gaping vag.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The light up RG of the Unicorn is a Gundam Front exclusive and about $100.

Link here

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Trying to do a Blue Stuff cast of the components of the GNX IV's head. It's loving hard.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Azubah posted:

The light up RG of the Unicorn is a Gundam Front exclusive and about $100.

Link here

Already harassing anyone I know going to Japan around June to buy this for me.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Some people are saying it doesn't move, it's more statue than model.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Azubah posted:

Oh, it does say "Display Model", so that sounds legit.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

Big gaping vag.

And badonkadonk booty thrusters

Marx Headroom posted:

This + Korean lunch perfect day trip ty

There are a handful of other places within walking distance of Gundam Planet, but I can only account for Shaburo and Tang Maru.

Shaburo can be pricey but if you're hungry, it's awesome. You pick a broth and then you get all-you-can-eat veggies, dumplings, noodles, and fish cakes to cook in it. Meat is extra per plate. Do not miss the hand-torn pumpkin noodles. Go with friends, it's a great social lunch.

Tang Maru is your basic Korean fare but you get a good bang for your buck. I think basically everything comes with a salad and a fried fish. Just a nice little mackerel, flash-fried, whole. Of course you get the kimchi banchan stuff. Their bibimbop bowls are kept in a constant boiling chamber that you can see from the tables, taken out and dried just before they put the rice into it. Keeps it hot, crisps up the bottom.

If you're driving, there's of course massive amounts of great food in Fort Lee. I'm not sure if the bus route by GP runs through Fort Lee as well, but if it does, and you can go to Menya Sandaime, GO THERE. It's among the best ramen I've ever had.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Azubah posted:

Yup, the Japanese says non-posable display model.

Christ though, for 10,000 yen I think I'd rather have a go at mocking up my own.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So they didn't have the tallgeese. Got a gm type c instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Games Workshop is gonna announce their new Titan game tomorrow, but a dude took some cell phone pics from outside the room. That terrain looks like it could be pretty good for Gunpla dioramas

xtothez posted:

My body is ready

So hyped for Epic again