Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MassRafTer posted:

I could list off a bunch of WCW PPVs but WCW fans were at least smart enough to stop coming when the company kept insulting them.

Wrong company went out of business, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

From 5/6, Dragon Gate: Dead or Alive 2018

HM: Open the Triangle Gate Championship - Natural Vibrations (Kzy, Yokusuka Susumu, Genki Horiguchi) vs. MaxiMuM (Masato Yoshino, Naruki Doi, Jason Lee)

A high HM. A hell of a spotfest, and if you've never seen a Dragon Gate six man, than this could very well be a strong MOTYC for you.

MOTYC: Open the Twin Gate Championship - Antias (T-Hawk and Eita) vs. Big Ben (Big R Shimizu and Ben-K)

What if we just had a good old-fashioned tag match where the faces the crowd wants to win fight the heels the crowd wants to lose and everyone is really good?

MOTYC: Dead or Alive Cage Match - Shingo Takagi vs. El Lindaman vs. Yasushi Kanda vs. Punch Tominaga vs. YAMATO vs. Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Ryo Saito

A giant loving clusterfuck. Even though there were times it dragged, goddamn it was the most fun I've had watching wrestling in a long time.

Hell of a show!

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 8, 2018

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

From 5/6, Dragon Gate: Dead or Alive 2018

HM: Open the Triangle Gate Championship - Natural Vibrations (Kzy, Yokusuka Susumu, Genki Horiguchi) vs. MaxiMuM (Masato Yoshino, Naruki Doi, Jason Lee)

A high HM. A hell of a spotfest, and if you've never seen a Dragon Gate six man, than this could very well be a strong MOTYC for you.

MOTYC: Open the Twin Gate Championship - Antias (T-Hawk and Eita) vs. Big Ben (Big R Shimizu and Ben-K)

What if we just had a good old-fashioned tag match where the faces the crowd wants to win fight the heels the crowd wants to lose and everyone is really good?

MOTYC: Dead or Alive Cage Match - Shingo Takagi vs. El Lindaman vs. Yasushi Kanda vs. Punch Tominaga vs. YAMATO vs. Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Ryo Saito

A giant loving clusterfuck. Even though there were times it dragged, goddamn it was the most fun I've had watching wrestling in a long time.

Hell of a show!

2nd

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
HM Buddy Murphy vs Mustafa Ali 205 5/8/18

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate 5/8, Korakuen Hall - King of Gate Day 1

HM - King of Gate Round 1 - Eita vs. Naruki Doi

Match was mostly alright, but the stretch from the ref bump to the finish was excellent and exciting.

MOTYC - King of Gate Round 1 - Kzy vs. YAMATO

Kzy in a singles match at Korakuen seems to be a recipe for great matches.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

The scale for WWE is totally different. It has to be really, truly unwatchable to get below 2.

It means a 2 is still really bad, but don’t expect to see a bunch of 1s or anything.

Backlash

Dave posted:

1. Ruby Riott pinned Bayley in 10:05 - 1.5
3. Nia Jax retained the Raw women’s title beating Alexa Bliss in 10:17 - 1.25
6. Carmella beat Charlotte Flair to keep the Smackdown women’s title in 10:00 - 1
8. Bobby Lashley & Braun Strowman beat Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn in 8:39 - 1.5
9. Roman Reigns beat Samoa Joe in 18:03 - 1.5

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think that passed the "truly unwatchable" test in Aphrodite's post tbh

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Yes, all of those were lovely unwatchable garbage matches.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Baron Corbyn posted:

I think that passed the "truly unwatchable" test in Aphrodite's post tbh

Yeah after seeing Dave's comments on the show the next day it became more obvious he was going to go harsh on it.

I feel like just about all of those would be ranked better on a card that wasn't so terrible overall though. Probably not Joe/Roman.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Amazingly enough 11 people gave Backlash a thumbs up in the observer pull :psyduck:

Compare that to Dontaku night 2 which got 0 Thumbs down

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Amazingly enough 11 people gave Backlash a thumbs up in the observer pull :psyduck:

Compare that to Dontaku night 2 which got 0 Thumbs down

Maybe they're Nia's fans.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They're people who tuned out after the Miz match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Ospreay vs KUSHIDA Wrestling Dontaku

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
HM: The Hooligans vs The Ugly Ducklings - NOVA Pro Threat of Joy 5/11
HM: Logan Easton Laroux vs Jonathan Gresham vs Tracy Williams [PB.tv Independent] - NOVA Pro Threat of Joy 5/11

Two very strong matches from last night's Powerbomb NOVA Pro stream that are worth going out of your way to see. Hooligans vs Ducklings felt like the pinnacle of two very good tag teams. The main event had some of the most creative three-way spots I've seen in a match, and just generally had more interaction and less "one guy resting on the outside" than you usually see in a triple threat.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Boco_T posted:

HM: The Hooligans vs The Ugly Ducklings - NOVA Pro Threat of Joy 5/11
HM: Logan Easton Laroux vs Jonathan Gresham vs Tracy Williams [PB.tv Independent] - NOVA Pro Threat of Joy 5/11

Two very strong matches from last night's Powerbomb NOVA Pro stream that are worth going out of your way to see. Hooligans vs Ducklings felt like the pinnacle of two very good tag teams. The main event had some of the most creative three-way spots I've seen in a match, and just generally had more interaction and less "one guy resting on the outside" than you usually see in a triple threat.

If anyone wants to watch this and hasn't subscribed, Powerbomb.TV sent me a promo code for a twenty day free trial which I guess I should also use. It's NOVAPRO and NOVA Pro apparently get a kickback as well for you using this?

Just noticed they upload wXw's Shotgun weekly show on there, so if you do this also check out Zack Sabre Jr. vs. David Starr from the most recent episode. It was a very good match.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Super Strong Style 16: 2018

HM Doug Williams vs. Pete Dunne (Progress 68: Super Strong Style 16 First Round Match Night One)

HM Chris Brooks vs. Kassius Ohno (Progress 68: Super Strong Style 16 First Round Match Night One)

Recommended To Watch:

Chuck Mambo vs. Zack Sabre, Jr. (Progress 68: Super Strong Style 16 First Round Match Night One),
The finish is just ZSJr brutalizing Chuck and finishing him with a sick Dragon sleeper

Night Two:

HM Travis Banks (c) vs. WALTER (Progress World Championship)
The gently caress finish at the end brings it down but a great match none the less

MOTYC Kassius Ohno vs. Tyler Bate (Super Strong Style 16 Quarterfinal Match)
Absolutely great David vs Goliath story as Ohno goes back to his old pre-NXT grizzled and mean indie vet gatekeeper role and Bate is on loving fire in this match.

MOTYC David Starr vs. Zack Sabre, Jr. (Super Strong Style 16 Quarterfinal Match)
One of the best matches these two have ever had against each other. If this doesn't get on the list for MOTYC, I will fight you irl.

Night Three:

HM Zack Sabre, Jr. vs Keith Lee (SSS16 Semi-Final)

MOTYC Zack Sabre, Jr. vs Kassius Ohno (SSS16 Final)

It's the year of Zack Sabre, Jr., innit?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

super macho dude posted:

MOTYC David Starr vs. Zack Sabre, Jr. (Super Strong Style 16 Quarterfinal Match)
One of the best matches these two have ever had against each other. If this doesn't get on the list for MOTYC, I will fight you irl.

gonna watch these shows tomorrow but how does this compare to the one they just had in wXw?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Yuji Nagata vs Kensuke Sasaki NJPW Wrestling World 2004 LIFE OR DEATH FIGHT ~ Clash ~

https://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00164_1_13

this was a sick fight.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

super macho dude posted:

HM Doug Williams vs. Pete Dunne (Progress 68: Super Strong Style 16 First Round Match Night One)

HM Chris Brooks vs. Kassius Ohno (Progress 68: Super Strong Style 16 First Round Match Night One)

Recommended To Watch:

Chuck Mambo vs. Zack Sabre, Jr. (Progress 68: Super Strong Style 16 First Round Match Night One),
The finish is just ZSJr brutalizing Chuck and finishing him with a sick Dragon sleeper

Night Two:

HM Travis Banks (c) vs. WALTER (Progress World Championship)
The gently caress finish at the end brings it down but a great match none the less

Absolutely great David vs Goliath story as Ohno goes back to his old pre-NXT grizzled and mean indie vet gatekeeper role and Bate is on loving fire in this match.

Night Three:

HM Zack Sabre, Jr. vs Keith Lee (SSS16 Semi-Final)

MOTYC Zack Sabre, Jr. vs Kassius Ohno (SSS16 Final)

It's the year of Zack Sabre, Jr., innit?

Where can you watch Progress? Are they on Highspots or do they have their own service?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Where can you watch Progress? Are they on Highspots or do they have their own service?

They have their own service. Kassius Ohno tweeted out a promo code "OHNO" which gets you $5 off the price if you subscribe this month too.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

super macho dude posted:

Seconding this, also

HM Zack Sabre Jr. vs Chuck Mambo from the same event

Ohno/Brookes was really good but didn't really stand above some of the other really good matches on the show like Bate/Devlin for me.

super macho dude posted:

seconding these two, the gently caress finish and TK Cooper showing up in a Roman Reigns vest sour me too much on the WALTER/Banks match.

And yeah, second the MOTYC for ZSJ/Ohno

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 02:55 on May 17, 2018

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

This was a fun match you should watch: Young Bucks vs Super Smash Bros (5/11/18 ROH War Of The Worlds Toronto)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
HM The Undisputed Era vs Pete Dunne, Oney Lorcan, and Danny Burch NXT 5/16/18

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I was there and would agree that you should watch this fun match

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MOTYC: Tomohiro Ishii vs Keith Lee - Epic Encounter Rev Pro Wrestling (on New Japan World)

Ishii and Lee work so well together it's a shame this will be their last match for a while.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Flyer/Volador Jr vs Ulimo Gurrero/Templario, CMLL Gran Alternativa finals 5/18 FEATURING GUEST APPEARANCES BY LOS IGNOBERNABLES AND LA PARK

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Flyer/Volador Jr vs Ulimo Gurrero/Templario, CMLL Gran Alternativa finals 5/18 FEATURING GUEST APPEARANCES BY LOS IGNOBERNABLES AND LA PARK

2nd, the post match angle really overshadowed the match though and I watching on my phone on a train so I kept getting Flyer and Templario mixed up leading to some confusing moments.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

MOTYC: Tomohiro Ishii vs Keith Lee - Epic Encounter Rev Pro Wrestling (on New Japan World)

Ishii and Lee work so well together it's a shame this will be their last match for a while.

This was an HM for me. It wasn't as good as their first match and I enjoyed the Ospreay/Phantasmo match more. Probably the best Ishii match this year which means he should be doing more.

e: actually Ishii/ZSJ is the best Ishii match this year.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Baron Corbyn posted:

2nd, the post match angle really overshadowed the match though and I watching on my phone on a train so I kept getting Flyer and Templario mixed up leading to some confusing moments.

This was an HM for me. It wasn't as good as their first match and I enjoyed the Ospreay/Phantasmo match more. Probably the best Ishii match this year which means he should be doing more.

e: actually Ishii/ZSJ is the best Ishii match this year.

I'll say HM too. Just didn't connect at that top tier level but still some great moments.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: Muscle JK Strikers (Reika Saiki & Marika Kobashi) (c) vs. Ito Respect Army (Maki Ito & Mizuki) for the Tokyo Princess Tag Team Championships - Tokyo Joshi Pro Let's Go to Kitazawa in the Spring, Bring Your Friends! (5/19)

I didn't link this one as it didn't air free because it wasn't on Abema TV but they aired it live because they noticed that TJP is getting an international following. TJP alone justifies the cost of a DDT Subscription. It's really fun and this match was a legitimate great match. Reika Saiki is 4'11" and uses the loving Jackhammer as her finisher (she's ripped as hell), Marika Kobashi is a 17 year old who likes to chop the poo poo out of her opponents and Maki Ito is fun as hell and a goddamn superstar but Mizuki really stood out in this match when I haven't paid too much attention to her before. The whole show was really fun and DDT's English Twitter account does a stellar job of live translating all the promos so it's easy to follow along.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 07:21 on May 20, 2018

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

second

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: Dragon Lee vs SHO (BOSJ Night 2 - 5/19)

This is the benchmark for the rest of the tournament

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

HM: Dragon Lee vs SHO (BOSJ Night 2 - 5/19)

This is the benchmark for the rest of the tournament

I'll agree with this. I hope everyone is ready for SHO to be the next big star in the Jr division.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Price Check posted:

I'll agree with this. I hope everyone is ready for SHO to be the next big star in the Jr division.

I am excited for Big Sho and thirding the HM

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

HM: ACH vs Flip Gordon - BoSJ Night 1
HM: Ospreay-Ishimori BoSJ Night 1
HM: Volador JR and Flyer vs Templario and Último Guerrero - CMLL Viernes 5-18-18

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Baron Corbyn posted:

HM: Muscle JK (Reika Saiki & Marika Kobashi) vs. Ito Respect Army (Maki Ito & Mizuki) - Tokyo Joshi Pro Let's Go to Kitazawa in the Spring, Bring Your Friends! (5/19)

Nth

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Sho vs Dragon Lee. NJPW 5/19 What a match. Absolutely great set ups to spots including the first acceptable corner double stomp I've seen in ages. A couple great cross ups on Dragon Lee trademarks and fantastic strike exchanges.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Yes

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Sho vs Dragon Lee. NJPW 5/19 What a match. Absolutely great set ups to spots including the first acceptable corner double stomp I've seen in ages. A couple great cross ups on Dragon Lee trademarks and fantastic strike exchanges.

Yes

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jenkem Delivery posted:

HM: ACH vs Flip Gordon - BoSJ Night 1

Agreed

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MOTYC: Dragon Lee - Sho BoSJ Night 2
HM: Hiromu Takahashi - Marty Scurll BoSJ Night 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

MassRafTer posted:

Nth