Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I'm not a PS4 or Xbox guy so I'm super stoked for MHGU on the switch. I downloaded the Japanese demo just to get a taste and now half my news items are in Japanese lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

There's a lot happening in this comic

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Well that game looks like trash.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I'm not a PS4 or Xbox guy so I'm super stoked for MHGU on the switch. I downloaded the Japanese demo just to get a taste and now half my news items are in Japanese lol

Same, I'm extremely glad I've been waiting for the PC port of world. Not only do I get a fresh MH that won't disappoint me on switch, I'll also have yet another brand new experience to sink my teeth into once ive gotten my fill of XX

I really enjoyed MH3 and 4 on 3ds so MHXX is gonna feel like a straight up upgrade to me.

Games are good yo

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Fremry posted:

Bum-bo love trash

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Infinitum posted:

Just really weird characters to add.

Everyone kinda knows Astro Boy, but not many would know Blackjack.

Add that to Johnny loving Turbo of all things, and you have a game with characters only old nerds will recognise.

Blackjack actually got a new show on Crunchyroll in 2016/17.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

we're never gonna get that pixel fighter from Chucklefish are we

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Fremry posted:

Edmund Mcmillen must be stopped, my god.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Found a decent game play video of Immortal Redneck on the Switch - though the language ain't english.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9d5tPlOyeU

The graphics definitely have taken a step back - compare the FOV with the health bar icon on the bottom of the screen. I understand some concessions needed to be made, but that's something that might bother some people.
The 30 FPS lock doesn't look too bad. Didn't see much slowdown when the screen was busy.
The loading times between levels also seemed pretty long (25 seconds) compared to PC.

Game play-wise, there's some levels where the platforming is a bit of a chore - so know that going in. There's one that's a bit worse than this one, but here's an example: https://youtu.be/O9d5tPlOyeU?t=4172

Might still pick it up, as it's a fun game, and loved it on the PC,.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zelder posted:

Edmund Mcmillen must be stopped, my god.

Meat Boy and Isaac are the only good games he’s done. Everything else looks like pure poo poo including this game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/994638205109522433

Excited for Bethesda's open-world Splatoon spin-off.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
On one hand, who wanted more Rage? On the other hand, 2018 id/Bethesda > 2023 id/Bethesda

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

No one wanted Rage 2 and the fact that it leaked early is the only reason people are talking about.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
immortal redneck is super fun. the frame rate seems to stay at a stable 30 but it is worth noting the resolution takes a pretty big drop in handheld mode -- if Xenoblade's blurry/vaseline covered look bothered you this is gonna be even worse lol. It plays great though and adjusting aim with gyro works nicely

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

It's a crying shame that cardboard aesthetic is wasted on poo poo farts

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Poops and flies aside, the gameplay just looks bad and unfun

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It always bemused me how many people are offout by the poop aesthetic of Isaac.

Like yeah I get that it's not your cup of tea, but there is a super good game if you can get past it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Raserys posted:

It's a crying shame that cardboard aesthetic is wasted on poo poo farts

Thankfully between the new Yoshi game and Labo, there’s no shortage of other cardboard games.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
some people can't stand anime, I can't stand crying poo blood

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

goferchan posted:

immortal redneck is super fun. the frame rate seems to stay at a stable 30 but it is worth noting the resolution takes a pretty big drop in handheld mode -- if Xenoblade's blurry/vaseline covered look bothered you this is gonna be even worse lol. It plays great though and adjusting aim with gyro works nicely

I had to double check the developers when I saw that goddamn Rogue Legacy-rear end progression system, but I'm having fun with it.

Like Splatoon however, it's a punishing reminder of how badly I need to work on my gyro skills.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
I really want Hyness to be a Dream Friend:

https://twitter.com/Fruib_/status/994384924881903617

https://twitter.com/Fruib_/status/994385166717083648

https://twitter.com/Fruib_/status/994385328705335296

His facial expressions are great! :allears:

content
Feb 13, 2014

I'm surprised how well this holds up. I might have to go back through the archives.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Infinitum posted:

Really? People don't like poop, dude.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

💩

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Dataminers just found out about what the plot of the next xenoblade 2 dlc and the new rare blades are.

They are huge spoilers, so be careful on twitter.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Guy Goodbody posted:

Really? People don't like poop, dude.

He called the poo poo "poop"

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Like yeah I get that it's not your cup of tea, but there is a super good game if you can get past it.

On the other hand, there are plenty of other super good games on the Switch as well.

I don't really want the poop game, but that's fine, other people can enjoy the poop game while I enjoy the rear end games. There's something for everyone!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Link me to the rear end games please

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Turn your monitor off.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I feel bad for making that joke in the sacred thread for Switch discussion, so by way of apology, I googled "rear end games on switch".

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Knights of Pen and Paper is coming to Switch at month's end

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Infinitum posted:

I literally cannot get past it

I even like that genre of game just it’s so offputting I will never be able to play the game. I got it for free on ps+ at some point.

I was ok with super meat boy tho

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Not Operator posted:

I had to double check the developers when I saw that goddamn Rogue Legacy-rear end progression system, but I'm having fun with it.

Like Splatoon however, it's a punishing reminder of how badly I need to work on my gyro skills.

Yup I hate Rogue Legacy and the boring +1% crit chance upgrades but there's enough interesting stuff mixed into the skill tree to make it ok. Also I like how it's a literal 3D tree that grows out of the ground as you level stuff up

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Here's a poop game: breath of the wild

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

DLC Inc posted:

I enjoyed it but it's free on phones.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

Hell yeah. Loved that game.

How is Skyrim on Switch? I realize there are a bajillion reviews out there but I trust the Goon Hivemind more than random YouTubers.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Akion posted:

How is Skyrim on Switch? I realize there are a bajillion reviews out there but I trust the Goon Hivemind more than random YouTubers.

Its Skyrim.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Infinitum posted:

that became less and less true with every update

i tapped out at afterbirth (i think? the one with mega satan) and even that was getting to be a little much

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I really enjoyed it. I hadn't played Skyrim since around release and at that not a bunch, but I got huge into it around release on Switch and put a bunch of hours into it. The portability is very nice.

ColonelJohnMatrix fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Akion posted:

Yeah its Skyrim but I love it. It being portable is super nice.

Even without all the big titty mods and poo poo its still quite a lot of fun and I got my money out of it a second time.

• Locked thread