Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
My dreams of running a full Edgelord team have finally been realized with Aatrox/Kayn/Veigar/Jhin/Pyke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

That's a decent comp.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I’m a Pyke main

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

kingcobweb posted:

I’m a Pyke main

So will be a lot of people in ranked the first week he comes out.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

I’m a Pyke main

pyke one trick myself.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Champ looks good but what the hell makes him a support

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

looking forward to banning PUKE so nobody can play him

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Servaetes posted:

He has a hook.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Servaetes posted:

if they dead they controlled

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Servaetes posted:

Mechanic that makes him arbitrarily better if around one person/against two people

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Servaetes posted:

The fact that the April champion release roadmap said the next release would be a support I imagine.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Serious question what makes you think he's not support-like? Seems to have a similar aesthetic to Thresh.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I know they said he was a support Mikujin that's why I was confused

kingcobweb posted:

Serious question what makes you think he's not support-like? Seems to have a similar aesthetic to Thresh.

I mean outside of tying up people with his net he almost reads from the little video as an assassin, a dude that lurks behind and shanks the poo poo out of people. Plus his list of people that betrayed him or some crap seems like he could have a Garen style THE VILLAIN / Kindred Mark mechanics. I dunno.

Psycho drowned killer doesnt really fit as a support type thing but then again yeah Thresh exists

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm looking at the list thing as potentially some kind of revenge mechanic like if a teammate dies around Pyke he gets some kind of bonus against that enemy to make better trades. Assuming it's actually going to tie into his kit and isn't just a lore thing. Personally I'm kinda down for a support assassin that lives to gently caress up anyone who fucks with his ADC.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

njsykora posted:

Personally I'm kinda down for a support assassin that lives to gently caress up anyone who fucks with his ADC.

I can see it now. Flash > Ignite > FB > "Hey adc, I got this poo poo. Be a good boy and get us sightstone while I carry you."

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

strong bird posted:

Im not saying that Yasuo, Akali, Fizz, Zed, Mister Yi, etc players should be round up and put in a shallow grave, but I think they should face justice for their terroristic acts.

I'm leveling a new account with my brother cause he lost his and we've got 5 years of mostly rust on is so our presence is not particularly decisive. If you add Riven to this list it is the list of nightmares. Every game has at least one and any game where they get ahead is just a complete stomp because there's not enough people in the game who know wtf they're doing to stop it, and almost every game where they get behind is a loss because they tilt off the face of the earth. It's pretty amazing to watch. We call them the LOOKATME champions because we figure people are making new accounts to style on lowbies with those characters because they want to look cool and can't carry it off on their real accounts.

It's not as bad as no smite til level 9 though. I swear, 100%, that 3 games we had were either no jungler or both junglers, and every other game was won by the team with the jungler. Every time. No exceptions. It's like you're not even playing LoL until level 9.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Futuresight posted:

I'm leveling a new account with my brother cause he lost his and we've got 5 years of mostly rust on is so our presence is not particularly decisive. If you add Riven to this list it is the list of nightmares. Every game has at least one and any game where they get ahead is just a complete stomp because there's not enough people in the game who know wtf they're doing to stop it, and almost every game where they get behind is a loss because they tilt off the face of the earth. It's pretty amazing to watch. We call them the LOOKATME champions because we figure people are making new accounts to style on lowbies with those characters because they want to look cool and can't carry it off on their real accounts.

It's not as bad as no smite til level 9 though. I swear, 100%, that 3 games we had were either no jungler or both junglers, and every other game was won by the team with the jungler. Every time. No exceptions. It's like you're not even playing LoL until level 9.

One of you guys should pick up malphite.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

DaStampede posted:

I can see it now. Flash > Ignite > FB > "Hey adc, I got this poo poo. Be a good boy and get us sightstone while I carry you."

this is why i am never going to let anyone play pyke in my games

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Not going to lie, as an adc main that is my bard.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

So I'm looking at the last bit of the teaser image and I think this dude might be a transforming champ. So you got the whole big picture of him:

then you got his arm on the left and this part:

Maybe there's like a dual form here where like he goes underwater like Rek'sai but is instead spooky water man and like underwater he can dredge people down and also do the shark-shadow-chase thing?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

It makes sense to give FB to someone who won't be farming.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Lost my wallet today.

But did this in a 4v5 ranked game:

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

strong bird posted:

It makes sense to give FB to someone who won't be farming.

They can farm, with spellthief and targon's.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

DaStampede posted:

They can farm, with spellthief and targon's.

I dont think the gold gain is equivalent.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.
Coming back to this game after a couple years off. poo poo really is just like riding a bicycle. Been mostly playing Janna support. One thing I'm worried about with my technique is that I am getting uh, a lot of kills in these games. Should I try to ease off the target if I think we're gonna get a pick so someone else can get the gold? Or should I just not worry about it?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Down With People posted:

Coming back to this game after a couple years off. poo poo really is just like riding a bicycle. Been mostly playing Janna support. One thing I'm worried about with my technique is that I am getting uh, a lot of kills in these games.
Great job!

Down With People posted:

Should I try to ease off the target if I think we're gonna get a pick so someone else can get the gold? Or should I just not worry about it?
Don't worry about it. You'll get kills in laning phase and if you try to hand them over you'll end up getting double killed instead.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Down With People posted:

Should I try to ease off the target if I think we're gonna get a pick so someone else can get the gold? Or should I just not worry about it?

I'd always prefer a dead enemy to one that gets away cause you were trying to give the kill over. people who complain about kills being stolen are the loving worst.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
sometimes you can hold off and its a good thing to do so, and sometimes you cant hold off. play lots of league and you'll learn when is when!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
my opinion don't ever hold off and if someone complains mute them unless you are like challenger or some poo poo

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

If it's a sure thing on your side of the lane, try to ease off and cut their path of escape off to their tower. Otherwise, secure the kill. As an adc main, I still come out ahead because I get to free farm at that point.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I've had people try to lay off kills to me that hosed things up like dozens of times over the course of playing this game for a few years and every time I'm just like why didn't this loving idiot hit his buttons

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Also I played a game with forums goon Daunte Vicknabb earlier and on Rumble I had my best ever score of 15/0/14 and made a joke like "I hope I get S"

Then when the score report came, I got an A+ and no honors :smith:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
you only had 136 cs in 29 minutes!!

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Stefan Prodan posted:

I've had people try to lay off kills to me that hosed things up like dozens of times over the course of playing this game for a few years and every time I'm just like why didn't this loving idiot hit his buttons

well yeah those events are easy to process but the small optimizations that help you win are not. just because you can remember a time where you hosed it up doesnt mean its not a good thing to do

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Verviticus posted:

you only had 136 cs in 29 minutes!!

yeah we spent most of the game grouped and just pushing poo poo because the opponents kept dying and when grouped I just let everyone else have the farm

I mean I"m not sure how I could have gotten more that wouldn't have resulted in like losing some of our momentum because I kept just going around and killing people and getting objectives

I dunno there's a bunch of games like that especially in low elo where the team just keeps getting in fights and if I'm fed like that I can go over there and just kill 2 or 3 people or something it seems better than going to get a wave

There may have been some spots I could have farmed better but I still think 15/0/14 should get me an S, lol. or at least one honor!!!

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 07:38 on May 11, 2018

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Verviticus posted:

well yeah those events are easy to process but the small optimizations that help you win are not. just because you can remember a time where you hosed it up doesnt mean its not a good thing to do

it might be occasionally good but I just think you'd have to be very very good to actually do it correctly all the time and the punishment for doing it wrong is very bad and the reward for doing it right is relatively small

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

its pretty easy tbh

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Verviticus posted:

its pretty easy tbh

can't be that easy when people gently caress it up so much!!

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

people gently caress up trynd ult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Verviticus posted:

people gently caress up trynd ult

yeah but like if the question is "when should you try to lay off kills" I'm gonna say if you have to ask, then you're at a level where I would say to never try to