Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Back in season 2-3 once they started going full ham I called it a gritty prequel to an Adam West Batman. Haven't caught up with it lately to know if that still applies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

esperterra posted:

They couldn't sexualize a character known for bein a sexy lezzie so they recast her older iirc

oh they went full on Sexy Ivy already? drat I kinda liked 'weird plant nerd Ivy', but yea if they were going that way probably best to remove the actual child.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

esperterra posted:

They couldn't sexualize a character known for bein a sexy lezzie so they recast her older iirc

Then did it again for no readily apparent reason.

I'm sad B99 is going but at least we're at kind of a natural end point and it's been on awhile. The Mick being killed is a tragedy though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah five seasons is pretty good :kiddo:

Seven seasons is the Natural Maximum, all seasons are bad after that, with few exceptions

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Rick and Morty is good, but I saw someone yesterday earnestly moaning that Three Busy Debra’s got picked up for Adult Swim with “money that R&M should’ve gotten”.

That shows fan base is just so utterly toxic, and I hope they hate every single one of these new episodes.

I love R&M but man the fans are seriously killing any desire to care about it.

Why are the fans SOOOO loving bad. Christ.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Arist posted:

It's anime-adjacent but I watched Aggretsuko on Netflix this week and it was exactly the kind of show I needed right now. It was very pleasant and I was quite happy with it.

Yeah, it's really good. I was surprised. My wife has already bought three Aggretsuko t-shirts. lmao.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rhyno posted:

Yes I can read. But a bit over a month ago there was a buzz that AS had not picked up another season and that Roiland had walked.

No, it was that Adult Swim and Harmon / Roiland were still negotiating and no new order had come in, so the new season was basically on hold until something happened.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Timby posted:

No, it was that Adult Swim and Harmon / Roiland were still negotiating and no new order had come in, so the new season was basically on hold until something happened.

Facebook rumor mill says otherwise.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rhyno posted:

Facebook rumor mill says otherwise.

Yes, Facebook, that notoriously reliable source.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Zaphod42 posted:

I love R&M but man the fans are seriously killing any desire to care about it.

Why are the fans SOOOO loving bad. Christ.

They think they're Rick. Seriously. That's it. They're think they're smarter than everybody else and think that gives them leave to behave how they please.

Oh, and they cancelled the Mick or the funniest live action show on TV.

Postal Parcel posted:

(I can't wait to see the "GHOSTED RENEWED" news, hehe)

Ghosted was a much better show than the early reviews let on and was slowly gaining its footing. It didn't even get the chance to play out its first season I'm pretty sure; 17 episodes were made and only 10 have aired.

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 00:50 on May 11, 2018

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Milo and POTUS posted:

They think they're Rick. Seriously. That's it. They're think they're smarter than everybody else and think that gives them leave to behave how they please.

Yeah you're totally right.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The gently caress? The Mick was the most promising network show in the last 2 seasons.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Maybe a campaign of sending our severed fingers to Fox would make them reconsider

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I thought they had already renewed Ghosted but were retooling the show to be more of a workplace sitcom?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

I thought they had already renewed Ghosted but were retooling the show to be more of a workplace sitcom?

No, that was just for the rest of the initial order.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like that change already got made in the aired episodes. Like they seemed to entirely drop the whole weird "abducted wife" invasion or whatever storyline and were just doing wacky hijinks with the office crew.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/nataIyarostov/status/994681769214476288

Ayyyyyyyy
https://mobile.twitter.com/Snoodit/status/994751667206701056

zoux fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 11, 2018

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Siffy cancelled The Expanse. Season 3 is the last.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Mu Zeta posted:

NBC Universal is a trash organization run by dumpster juice people.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It sounds like the production company wants to continue but the show is probably hideously expensive. Only irresponsible companies like Amazon could do it justice.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

Jesus today sucks

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmao and I'm almost done catching up, too. RIP

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Finally, now can someone cancel Archer too?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

MiddleOne posted:

Finally, now can someone cancel Archer too?

That's had a set date for years, next year is the last.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mu Zeta posted:

It sounds like the production company wants to continue but the show is probably hideously expensive. Only irresponsible companies like Amazon could do it justice.

Even if someone picked it up right away (doubtful), it'd take a couple years to get poo poo sorted before they even began filming I bet. Show's dead then.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Netflix will renew it. They have it for international, they know how many people are watching it and I believe have said it is a show that does well for them in the past.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

What the gently caress

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
B99 has mostly run its course but it’s the kinda show that imo totally deserves a final season where they know it’s the end, like 30 Rock and Parks had. But the wedding is a cool ending.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hakkesshu posted:

What the gently caress

Apparently it has to do with the nature of the deal Syfy had which emphasized live viewing ratings, which weren't great.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
it's kind of weird that they didn't give B99 even like a half a final season to wrap things up, just like, as a courtesy

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Mu Zeta posted:

Jesus Christ what a stupid decision.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

nate fisher posted:

Jesus Christ what a stupid decision.

Deadline posted:

The cancellation decision by Syfy is said to be linked to the nature of its agreement for the series, which only gives the cable network first-run linear rights in the US. That puts an extraordinary amount of emphasis on live, linear viewing which is inherently challenging for sci-fi/genre series which tend to draw the lion share of their audiences from digital/streaming.

The Expanse‘s Live+3 linear ratings started with 581K among adults 18-49 and 1.378M total viewers in Season 1. Season 2 slipped to 457K in 18-49 & 1.05M total. Season 3 to date is running just below the Season 2 averages, at 400K and 1 million, respectively.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

precision posted:

it's kind of weird that they didn't give B99 even like a half a final season to wrap things up, just like, as a courtesy

There isn't anything to wrap up. There's no plot and barely any character goal that would be left 'unfinished' if the show ended.

Pedro De Heredia fucked around with this message at 11:46 on May 11, 2018

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

It is good to hear that they only had 1st run rights. Why I hate that it has been dropped I have a good feeling about someone picking it up.

Also sucks because it was the only show I actually enjoyed on that lovely channel that didn't have Ronald Moore's name attached.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Seeing people make the assumption that B99 was canceled due to Terry Crews speaking out.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pedro De Heredia posted:

There isn't anything to wrap up. There's no plot and barely any character goal that would be left 'unfinished' if the show ended.

Yeah, that's how I feel about B99, this season in particular has felt rather middling. I've been enjoying it, but I'm ok with it coming to an end.

LMOE has always been on the edge, so it's not a surprise, but it's disappointing that it ended on a cliffhanger. Had they not done their normal cliffhanger thing, it would have been a fitting enough end.

The Mick is definitely the real tragedy, as I would have loved to see a few more years of it.

Hell of a monkey's paw to get AP Bio's second season :sweatdrop:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Seeing people make the assumption that B99 was canceled due to Terry Crews speaking out.

Speaking out about what? Metoo?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Even if someone picked it up right away (doubtful), it'd take a couple years to get poo poo sorted before they even began filming I bet. Show's dead then.

If the production company wants to shop it around then it's not like they're going to strike the sets and salt the ashes. I hope someone picks it up but that's always a longshot.

Man what a bloodbath this year.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

MiddleOne posted:

Speaking out about what? Metoo?

Yeah, fairly early on he spoke out about some exec grabbing his junk at some event and now I believe he's suing the guy.

e: of course I have no idea if this has anything to do with the cancelation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

IRQ posted:

Yeah, fairly early on he spoke out about some exec grabbing his junk at some event and now I believe he's suing the guy.

e: of course I have no idea if this has anything to do with the cancelation

Seems far-fetched.