Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Jesus loving Christ, I can steamroll to the end of the Thanos raid with my main party in fighting shape and get to the final battle, but Thanos' AE just obliterates me in a single blast. My B-Team wouldn't even be strong enough to put a dent in them.

Also, I just randomly got enough pieces for Nobu. I see he's pretty high on the tier list but I never see anyone using him - He's basically Yondu for the Hand, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

New Leaf posted:

Jesus loving Christ, I can steamroll to the end of the Thanos raid with my main party in fighting shape and get to the final battle, but Thanos' AE just obliterates me in a single blast. My B-Team wouldn't even be strong enough to put a dent in them.

Also, I just randomly got enough pieces for Nobu. I see he's pretty high on the tier list but I never see anyone using him - He's basically Yondu for the Hand, right?

Yeah, Nobu owns owns owns, as does the Hand in general for PVE poo poo.

Noone uses him because there's no way to farm him.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

New Leaf posted:

Yeh his AOE is really fucky even as a player owned character. Just did a blitz with a team who had him and I was spanking them until his AOE went off. I swear it hits harder than Xbox Boom.

E: I'm 5 away from him but the rank 1 is 110% damane + 50% drain and can't miss, which is loving nuts

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I dream of a farmable Nobu so I can have a Yondu, Nobu, and Kingpin super summoner team.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Call me crazy but I swear I saw a Thanos Kill anim for his brutal assault or whatever where you knock a dude down then dissolve them with eye lasers

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

an adult beverage posted:

I dream of a farmable Nobu so I can have a Yondu, Nobu, and Kingpin super summoner team.

I wanna add Thanos and Xbones to that for six hundred summoned allies and explosions all around

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010
So I guess I got kicked from Marble Hebrons, any open spots in the goon guilds?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

HebrewMagic posted:

Call me crazy but I swear I saw a Thanos Kill anim for his brutal assault or whatever where you knock a dude down then dissolve them with eye lasers

You did and its loving incredible

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I think that anim was what convinced me I needed to absolutely get Thanos

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

He does a great kill animation where he stomps on their head after lasering them to the ground.

an adult beverage fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 5, 2018

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

The choke slam on his basic is just evil enough to really push me to use him all the time

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

I think people are more intimidated by Thanos. Ever since I replaced XBox with him i seem to get attacked less and hold arena rank better. Finally cracked top 100.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Thanos demands respect, scares lesser warriors

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I don’t mind fighting either Thanos or Xbones, it seems like hp scales up faster than their aoe damage so even if xbones detonates in arena/blitz it isn’t a huge deal.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Suprfli6 posted:

I don’t mind fighting either Thanos or Xbones, it seems like hp scales up faster than their aoe damage so even if xbones detonates in arena/blitz it isn’t a huge deal.

Properly applied, Xbones' explosion is a Coup de Grace. You deffo need to weaken poo poo up for maximum effect.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Wyre, still playing? Show you as 4 days inactive. We may make a move soon.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Properly applied, Xbones' explosion is a Coup de Grace. You deffo need to weaken poo poo up for maximum effect.

Yeah the trick is getting a few targets nice and soft before xbomb/thanos Chaos dunk/Yondu recreating that scene from gotg 2 and watching em drop like flies

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

HebrewMagic posted:

Thanos demands respect, scares lesser warriors

It's odd because I heard from a reliable source that being murdered by Thanos was something to rejoice.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
edit: never mind, our spot has been filled!

Hot Dog Day #82 fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 8, 2018

Suizid
Apr 15, 2003

The BURNINATOR!

MorphineMike posted:

My number 1 is suizid, level 49 with a 50k power team :suicide:

O hai :cheers:

Edit: switched shard now, but just hit 60/113k.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Posting in thread. Looking for an android group I can join because pubbies are the worst

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

New Leaf posted:

I use Nobu regularly, he's quite strong and gets to summon on the first turn. Summoning blademaster and archer is pretty good as these are strong characters. Both do really good damage, blademasters doublestriking leaving him doing very high damage and archer also comes with a remove a debuff from every character strike.

Counterattack on everyone can be nice but I often find myself just going for hitting someone now instead - strong against evade characters though, since a counterattack will use up one of their evades. Stealthing himself on his basic is pretty good to help him survive to get a second batch of hand minions.

Just beware Punishers as they will kill your summons before you get to use them, as Punisher goes in between them being summoned and them getting to go.

It also nice to see them absorb a Winter Soldier super punch or BW stun for the team. They die, but they wasted a good move.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Honestly it sucks watching my Yondu minions go out without an attack sometimes but really any time they catch a cd for me I can at least know they died for the cause

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

One cool thing about Hand Archer, summoned or regular, is his AOE damage+dispel has 100,000 focus which makes him the only dude that can essentially be guaranteed to clear taunt from Thanos. Thanos gains 10k resist from his passive while taunting, the only other reliable dispel for that is Jessica Jones (her third skill has a +10k focus modifier) but she can still be resisted sometimes.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

The only downside with Nobu is you can't farm his shards unless you whale.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
One day they will unlock his node and we will enter a glorious nobu era.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

They gave out a mega orb which gives a poo poo load of shards for a main character.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Its not a guaranteed shitload like you got. I got 50 kingpin shards :shrug:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Great

50 Luke Cage

Wonderful

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

comatose posted:

Its not a guaranteed shitload like you got. I got 50 kingpin shards :shrug:

Sorry its a min of 50. I just got lucky for once.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Great

50 Luke Cage

Wonderful

I got 50 Spiderman :shepicide:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

The whale taketh and the whale giveth.....

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
x50 Wolverine, guess he's going to be my first 5 star hero.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

50 Bullseye. :geno:

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Fifty Yondu, blue dad becomes stronger by the day

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
50 Elektra.

Channeling my inner Jennifer Garner.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

50 Winter Soldier. I honestly have no idea if that's good or not.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

50 Winter Soldier. I honestly have no idea if that's good or not.

I know that any time I am against a player with that, I usually get some poo poo wrecked.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

50 Korath. Yay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Great

50 Luke Cage

Wonderful

Same. Excuse me while I go fart in my own mouth.

• Locked thread