Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

i'm the 'oh my gahhhh' closing out the video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I see it still sucks to be Ian McCall.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Ian McCall was bad aussie math away from beating MMMDMMJ and just completely fell off from there. I think the moral of the story is heroin is bad for you.

mewse
May 2, 2006

One punch... one kill.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
McCall's head looked like it was staked to a pole it was so upright and unmoving.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Captain Log posted:

Aleks looks like he is half assing every shot, but it worked?

In my infinite cruelty, I went and watched the whole fight. Gonzaga has slowed down from his prime, and he was pretty slow back then, so he really had nothing on the feet.
But his takedowns were landing on Aleks' D- takedown defense. Gonzaga had top control for most of the fight before getting stood up into the TKO.

Gotta say short hair and beard works a hell of a lot better for Aleks than unknown Russian mullet.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
:lol: at McCall. Great job by the ref there

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I feel bad for Ian McCall, he has the potential to be a top shelf fighter but his personal issues have really limited his growth. Its either his ex wife, or his drug problems, or his health has been weakened from said drug and wife problems. I feel for the dude, maybe he should try prowrestling.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

coconono posted:

I feel bad for Ian McCall, he has the potential to be a top shelf fighter

Are you stuck in 2012?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Ian McCall is one of those rare instances where someone is such a rampaging rear end in a top hat that it's okay to purely enjoy their precipitous fall from grace.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

kimbo305 posted:

Gotta say short hair and beard works a hell of a lot better for Aleks than unknown Russian mullet.

He looks like a completely different person. I'm going to give some of the credit to his "diet," though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Are you stuck in 2012?

2012 was pretty nice.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

CarlCX posted:

Ian McCall is one of those rare instances where someone is such a rampaging rear end in a top hat that it's okay to purely enjoy their precipitous fall from grace.

This. I liked him until I heard him talking, and after that I just couldn't anymore.

I think he was trying to apologize for being a thug as a teenager, but he ended up giggling over how cool he was instead, and ugh no.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

That was beautiful.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Imho the best part of Rizin 10 was Kape yelling “Asakura’s a bitch! Asakura’s a bitch!” In the closing seconds of the match and then losing by decision LOL

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
So Rizin is going ahead with a kickboxing tournament, no weight class confirmed yet but they're aiming to start it in September and finish it in December.

Only confirmed participants are Tenshin and Horiguchi. Former K-1 guy Taiga is basically signed at this point, but there's a nasty renewing 1 year exclusivity clause that they need to work out somehow, so it's doubtful he makes it in this year. Shootboxing 55kg champion Daiki Naito has relinquished his belt to chase a fight with Tenshin so he's pretty likely.

So the good news is that Tenshin is likely to see an improvement in the quality of guys he fights in between his serious matches against stadium badasses. The bad news is that it's pulled Horiguchi, who is probably the second best flyweight MMA fighter in the world, into his orbit for no reason. It's going to be at the very least an 8 man tournament, so I would expect the 4 Japanese/4 foreigners format with a smattering of MMA guys.

The intriguing part of this is the weight. Tenshin is a 55kg fighter, Horiguchi has been in the weird flybantamweight class at 61kg, Taiga is a 60kg guy after getting chased out of multiple weight classes by Takeru. The most likely weight is 60kg, which is 2 divisions above Tenshin's normal weight and could rekindle the Tenshin/Takeru bullshit.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Who's that Daiki Naito guy? Is he good?

And yeah I don't get that Horiguchi / Tenshin match at all but I'll still watch it.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I think I watched him left hook some guy to death a couple of years back. Shootboxing is hard to keep up with, but at the very least he's an actual kickboxer compared to like, Manel Kape or whoever else ends up making up the numbers in this tournament.

Horiguchi is brilliant and even though I don't see his quasi-shotokan style working out under kickboxing rules against real top guys, I'd expect him to knock some dudes out still. It's not like there's any MMA challenges left for him at this point so it's like gently caress it, why not.

The real fight is Tenshin Vs Yoshiki Takei, but if Tenshin faces even one actual kickboxer for one of his prime time advertisements for his real fights, cool.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ian McCall was bad aussie math away from beating MMMDMMJ and just completely fell off from there. I think the moral of the story is heroin is bad for you.

If McCall knew how to punch, he'd have straight finished DJ. He had him in some deep deep poo poo positionally.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

My favourite Uncle Creepy thing is how someone who posts here knew him when they were teenagers and told a few stories about him that made him seem like a real dick, and then he went on JRE and told stories about himself that made him seem way worse than the ones posted by the goon made him seem - and he seemed to think that these stories would make him popular and respected.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CommonShore posted:

My favourite Uncle Creepy thing is how someone who posts here knew him when they were teenagers and told a few stories about him that made him seem like a real dick, and then he went on JRE and told stories about himself that made him seem way worse than the ones posted by the goon made him seem - and he seemed to think that these stories would make him popular and respected.

I respect people that don't sugar coat how much of a fuckup they are. At least more than Tito Ortiz's Everything Is Fine(its not) song and dance.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
My favorite part was when he was crying about Rob Emerson loving his wife and someone asked what he did about it and he like, dude he’s a LW, I can’t do anything about it. Lol

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Imagine how his life would have turned out if he found out he could have hit this 155lb behemoth with a bat, pole or shovel instead of taking to the rules of MMA to fight him.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Imagine how his life would have turned out if he found out he could have hit this 155lb behemoth with a bat, pole or shovel instead of taking to the rules of MMA to fight him.

probably much worse

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, shame isn't it.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

*sets flaming bag on the ground and runs away giggling*

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

El Roncho posted:

*sets flaming bag on the ground and runs away giggling*

Why is Rampage's face shrinking?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

It's more that everything around his face is expanding.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Snowman_McK posted:

Why is Rampage's face shrinking?

HE'S TAKIN' THAT poo poo THAT MAKE YA FUKKEN HEAD GROW

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Memento posted:

HE'S TAKIN' THAT poo poo THAT MAKE YA FUKKEN HEAD GROW

Most people call them cheeseburgers.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Most people call them cheeseburgers.

He is going to look glorious in twenty years.

Or two.

Or now.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
since cheeseburgers are being discussed, "big mach" sakurai is loving enormous now

https://twitter.com/Bestrafer7/status/992610747162148864

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

since cheeseburgers are being discussed, "big mach" sakurai is loving enormous now

Holy poo poo I thought he was fat before.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Magnificent

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Triticum Guzzler posted:

poo poo dude

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I'll apologise in advance for my ignorance, but what are some good fights to watch to get an idea who Sakurai was?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Snowman_McK posted:

I'll apologise in advance for my ignorance, but what are some good fights to watch to get an idea who Sakurai was?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U435sLoDzs

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I wrote a bio on Sakurai a few months ago and got some confused people for mentioning his addiction to Korean barbecue. I was not expecting him to eventually adopt my physique.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

Watch him kill Aoki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Trigg, Aoki, alfonso, pulver hansen gomi (in order), danzig. His losses to anderson and hughes were cool as well. I forget if the diaz fight was good.