Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

So I've Humbled myself and bought this bad game again. Is there any way to stop the ghost/everyone from talking ever, or skip the campaign entirely? I'm six seconds in and I remember why I sold it the first time.

E:yes! To the first one anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
How do you sell a PC game?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

My bad guys I wrote that lore and on that day I was retarded

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

How do you sell a PC game?

I had an Xbox, to play with my Xbox having friends.

nominal
Oct 13, 2007

I've never tried dried apples.
What are they?
Pork Pro
I would like to Hotdog. Sent a request as Nominal1535 I think.

Note: I love hotdogs I hope that's not bad

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

ItBreathes posted:

I had an Xbox, to play with my Xbox having friends.

RIP, should've gone Goon Xbox/IRL PC populations instead of vice versa

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

General Battuta posted:

Why is the traveler named for a basketball foul they don't even call :wtc:

Ball is life

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

RIP, should've gone Goon Xbox/IRL PC populations instead of vice versa

Sold the Xbox too...

I could always re-box if the game is/gets good. $10 isn't much sunk cost.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I spent $12 to get game for free from Humble and I can't tell if they planned on making people download the entire game and then also download the new patch because gosh that took ten hours and when I was halfway done it decided to start over. Anyways I can't believe how loving precious this game is that I had to play for an hour and a half before it let me do team deathmatch. I did not die on the tree but I did get confused when I missed the final jump and the game seemed like that was on purpose? Sent a request to Hotdog even though I can't tell how that flag is anything like a hotdog. Maybe its like face on and the eyes are just magic.

I guess I should just play the game and not worry about allllllllll the bullshit till its over? Because gosh it seems like there is a lot of it.

My favorite moment so far was when my long jawa pathetically grabbed after the talking robot ten seconds after it fell off the ship like I was swimming in ambien.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

kater posted:

I spent $12 to get game for free from Humble and I can't tell if they planned on making people download the entire game and then also download the new patch because gosh that took ten hours and when I was halfway done it decided to start over. Anyways I can't believe how loving precious this game is that I had to play for an hour and a half before it let me do team deathmatch. I did not die on the tree but I did get confused when I missed the final jump and the game seemed like that was on purpose? Sent a request to Hotdog even though I can't tell how that flag is anything like a hotdog. Maybe its like face on and the eyes are just magic.

I guess I should just play the game and not worry about allllllllll the bullshit till its over? Because gosh it seems like there is a lot of it.

My favorite moment so far was when my long jawa pathetically grabbed after the talking robot ten seconds after it fell off the ship like I was swimming in ambien.

I'm glad you didn't die on the tree, that's good. Team Deathmatch is also good. Don't worry too much about the bullshit if you find the game fun, there is tons of it, but the flag is definitely not a hotdog don't worry about it.

:thumbsup:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

hey if you're in one of the overchill clans, (snek, time, bear) and need approved or want a spot, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let whoever one of the clan leaders are know in our discord. We're gearing up a lot of fireteams right now or clicking heads in fortnite

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

The new strikes are atrociously lame. Literally just story missions. The story missions have a couple of real stupid moments fighting to get to Rasputin only for Zavala to magically be there even though you had to kill hundreds of hive to get there.

However at least the levels in this are fun and actually look cool. Compared with the Curse of Osiris, where the open fields looked neat but everything else was drab, boeing and a slog to run through.

Seriously unimpressed with the gated light levels though. Heroic strikes don't give anything special, aside from powerful gear. So once you beat three you might as well be doing normal strikes. At least force it to drop 350 gear or something Jesus. Just a garbage way of gated gear level to extend the wait time because "oops we don't have much content to the point we don't bother making real strikes anymore either."

Passburger
May 4, 2013
Is the game locking up/crashing every now and then for the rest of you too?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Passburger posted:

I get this alot on loading screens or when quitting to desktop

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Passburger posted:

I had it freeze on Tuesday when the servers were acting up. The game came back to life after a minute or so when it reconnected.

AotC
May 16, 2010

doctor 7 posted:

The story missions have a couple of real stupid moments fighting to get to Rasputin only for Zavala to magically be there even though you had to kill hundreds of hive to get there.

That was the best part of the expansion. I was hoping they would make it his shtick throughout the rest of the story missions.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Ok, so I tried out the trial a month ago and enjoyed it, but $60 enjoyed. Humble Bundle changed my mind. I'm level 8 and on Titan. Do I need the latest Expac to get the full experience, like max level and to play with goons and all that?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The new expansions just add more to the game. Is it required? No. Is it suggested? Yeah, sure.

And you can play with goons anyway. Pick a clan and roll!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Elblanco posted:

Ok, so I tried out the trial a month ago and enjoyed it, but $60 enjoyed. Humble Bundle changed my mind. I'm level 8 and on Titan. Do I need the latest Expac to get the full experience, like max level and to play with goons and all that?

Without any xpacs you get up to level 20 and I think even beyond gear level 335 since we're there now; you can play Eater of Worlds, all Crucible maps (non-platform-exclusive :v: ) will be available to you in public matches, and you can still play weekly/monthly events like Iron Banner and the Faction Rallies.

Expansion-specific content like the raid lairs and extra planets like Mars will require the expansion.

I'd get the expansions too, but you can just wait until they inevitably go on sale and enjoy your Vanilla content no problem

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

The new expansions just add more to the game. Is it required? No. Is it suggested? Yeah, sure.

Well they don't add much of any value to the game, honestly. The CoO raid is pretty good I guess, but it's barely worth slogging through the story missions to get there. I think D2 is a great experience if you get it for 12 bux, gently caress around for a while and then quit until bungie either folds or gets their heads out of their asses.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
The campaign missions in the latest expac are pretty fun, Bungie did good there

the story was nonsensical as always but Ana isn't grating to listen to so that's good

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

General Battuta posted:

Hive do space magic, Vex delete you but only if they can overcome the deeply noncomputable and nonphysical nature of Guardians, Fallen steal/shoot/smash the Ghost and Cabal drop orbital artillery on their own fighting positions.

I believe new canon is that the cabal have a giant chastity cage for the traveler that they were waiting to use at just the right moment.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's a bummer that Warmind, aside from the abysmally stupid story, seems like a perfectly fine expansion in terms of stuff do to, but I can't bring myself to play much of it because whatever shows up in September is either going to maybe save the game or kill it completely for the two more years it'll take to get Destiny 3 out.

Also just remove the milestone/powerful gear system already. You (Bungie) said you were wrong in courting the wrong section of your player base but you've left ostensibly the worst part of your game, stemming from that decision, intact without comment.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Orv posted:

It's a bummer that Warmind, aside from the abysmally stupid story, seems like a perfectly fine expansion in terms of stuff do to, but I can't bring myself to play much of it because whatever shows up in September is either going to maybe save the game or kill it completely for the two more years it'll take to get Destiny 3 out.

Also just remove the milestone/powerful gear system already. You (Bungie) said you were wrong in courting the wrong section of your player base but you've left ostensibly the worst part of your game, stemming from that decision, intact without comment.

Two years till D3?! Lol, Sir, they've obviously proven time and time again that they're capable of churning out a new game in 8 months.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Orv posted:

Weekly milestones are already the driving force of the game for people who want some solo things to do. There's no Armsday or whatever anymore, challenges aoffer very little reward and often aren't as good as the D1 bounties were in terms of allowing you to pick and choose from a board of a dozen tasks each day and then go do them.

Milestones are fine, so long as the aren't at the be-all end-all of content. There's still exotic quests, raid lair stuff, catalysts, etc.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Craptacular! posted:

Weekly milestones are already the driving force of the game for people who want some solo things to do. There's no Armsday or whatever anymore, challenges aoffer very little reward and often aren't as good as the D1 bounties were in terms of allowing you to pick and choose from a board of a dozen tasks each day and then go do them.

Milestones are fine, so long as the aren't at the be-all end-all of content. There's still exotic quests, raid lair stuff, catalysts, etc.

I don't mean as content, I mean as an artificial cap to progression that causes the game to be dead Tuesday through Friday (and also Saturday and Sunday since Trials are also dead now). I think the people who are mad that they didn't get to play Destiny 2 eight hours a day for the next three years are crazy, but the current system of it's Monday, time to play Destiny for my state mandated three hours this week is dumb.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Orv posted:

but the current system of it's Monday, time to play Destiny for my state mandated three hours this week is dumb.

Yeah! :argh:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Thanks for the contribution.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Orv posted:

I don't mean as content, I mean as an artificial cap to progression that causes the game to be dead Tuesday through Friday (and also Saturday and Sunday since Trials are also dead now). I think the people who are mad that they didn't get to play Destiny 2 eight hours a day for the next three years are crazy, but the current system of it's Monday, time to play Destiny for my state mandated three hours this week is dumb.

At least they will reintroduce bounties this summer.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
"Man I wish the location/activity specific Challenges required a trip to the Tower first in order to pick them up"

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

"Man I wish the location/activity specific Challenges required a trip to the Tower first in order to pick them up"

You are still pretty much required to travel to the tower for a decrypting suit and getting packages anyway.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Orv posted:

Thanks for the contribution.

I don't think you're being sincere.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'll never tell.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
I sent an invitation request to HOTDOG on Spuzzz#1648 if someone would be so kind. I liked what I played of the trial, I'll give it a while to see if I break down and get the DLC.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Spuzzz posted:

I sent an invitation request to HOTDOG on Spuzzz#1648 if someone would be so kind. I liked what I played of the trial, I'll give it a while to see if I break down and get the DLC.

Gotcha in. I got 5 spots left in this beast. Must. Be. Active. Somehow.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

As a super casual dude who appreciates games that don't require you to quit your job and join a raiding guild to get the most powerful things, I'll say the milestone system alone is crap. Once you hit softcap 90% of the things you could do in this game become pointless. poo poo, I'd play/enjoy this game 10x more if they left even the tiniest possibility of progression from all of the content. Make it so lost sectors/patrols/events/strikes or whatever drop poo poo that's like +1 light level max from what you have equipped. Maybe even give a 1-5% chance of getting something that's +5 light from an event. gently caress, I'd be doing all of the things all the time if you had the slightest reasonable chance of getting an upgrade.

The Division and their weekly rewards for legendaries are perfect. You can do a bunch of things to get a certain amount of guaranteed powerful items a week, and once you've done that it slows down to a relative trickle. But you still have a chance of getting more powerful things from all game activities which gives you an incentive to play and do stuff.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The thing is, with old bounties you could pick and choose which ones you liked, and if you didn't do them all in one day you could keep them and do them another day. The current system gives you three objectives and if you don't do all three you get nothing.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Craptacular! posted:

The thing is, with old bounties you could pick and choose which ones you liked, and if you didn't do them all in one day you could keep them and do them another day. The current system gives you three objectives and if you don't do all three you get nothing.

Don't you get 2 tokens for each of the 3 objectives, plus 15 for doing all 3?

Don't you pick and choose by loading a planet, a strike, a crucible, etc?

I'm not trying to be combative but I would like to hear your idea for how to incorporate D1's Bounty system into D2 and what the activities & rewards would be.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Don't you get 2 tokens for each of the 3 objectives, plus 15 for doing all 3?

Don't you pick and choose by loading a planet, a strike, a crucible, etc?

I'm not trying to be combative but I would like to hear your idea for how to incorporate D1's Bounty system into D2 and what the activities & rewards would be.

It's been a long time for me because I didn't play ROI at all, in fact I actually left at the break of TTK's April Update because I hated the original Prison of Elders so much that a remix of it didn't excite me at all. D1's bounty system was stuff like "get precision kills on 15 Cabal Shield Dudes" in PVE, with some challenges like "kill five people with a linear fusion rifle in PVP". There were about 12-16 challenges a day and if you couldn't finish one that was fine, or if you had it half done you could carry it in your quest inventory to the next time you play and finish it then. The thing about them was, they gave Legendary Marks, and NPCs sold decent goods for Legendary Marks. The scout rifle everybody loved at the time was sold by the Dead Orbit guy for Legendary Marks. Shaxx had a whole suite of guns in the Crucible motif, the armorer in the garage area had a Vanguard weapon set, Zvala had a Vanguard themed armor set, etc.

The main difference between D1 during the time I played and D2 right now is that Legendary Marks were something you built up over a week or two to get that sweet purchase from an NPC, whereas this game's purple currency used for Xur purchases and infusing poo poo is handed out simply for destroying purple gear. You're flooded with this currency where under the old system they essentially hard capped you as to how many you could collect each week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Sent a request to join 2 chill 2 serious on Elblanco #1380. Been having fun shooting bad guys and getting random gear.

• Locked thread