Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This thing is different from a Giger piece because Giger creates biomechanical erotic creatures. This is some anime girl dressed up as an alien. The teeth are her anime hair spikes lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i always wondered, what if Giger had an element of sexuality in his work?

now i know

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He does though. But it’s not titty anime lady cosplay. It’s art.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

CelticPredator posted:

You’re welcome.

you've gone too far this time CP

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

GoldStandardConure posted:

you've gone too far this time CP

Are you kidding? Giger’s art is a surrealist sexual nightmare as it is, that poo poo is tame compared to the Rule 34 “fan art” the internet can come up with. Remember, the thing CP posted is an actual 12” poseable figure that you can buy online, imagine what kind of wacky poo poo the unrestrained Internet can create.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The fact that it exists and costs 250 grosses me out more than a weird fanart.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

alf_pogs posted:

i always wondered, what if Giger had an element of sexuality in his work?

now i know
I know this is :thejoke: but I always liked the explanation to Giger's erotic pieces to be "What if sex hosed you"

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Xenomrph posted:

Are you kidding? Giger’s art is a surrealist sexual nightmare as it is, that poo poo is tame compared to the Rule 34 “fan art” the internet can come up with. Remember, the thing CP posted is an actual 12” poseable figure that you can buy online, imagine what kind of wacky poo poo the unrestrained Internet can create.

CP didn't go far enough??

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

GoldStandardConure posted:

CP didn't go far enough??

I think CP in general is the farthest you can go

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Xenomrph posted:

That’s “Batman vs Aliens”, and it’s an Alien borne from an alligator.

I thought that particular Alien was from a face-hugged Killer Croc.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I thought that particular Alien was from a face-hugged Killer Croc.

Nah, the story takes place in the jungles of South America if I remember right. I think the alligator shows up and almost kills Batman, he fends it off, and later it gets facehugged.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Has this been discussed yet? Because it looks like hot garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx8eG6xJaM8

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Oh dear

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Gaj posted:

this looks exactly like the sort of hot garbage i will watch the hell out of

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Gaj posted:

It has to somehow beat Predators, I think they might of alien^3'd it. Can't wait to see the kid run around with the predator mask.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Gaj posted:

Shane Black gets a chance by default.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Darko posted:

Shane Black gets a chance by default.

Yeah like, it DOES look like garbage but I'm still there, hope to be surprised.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

we might not get Walton Goggins espousing homophobic epithets at aliens, but we do get Keegan Michael Key, Edward James Olmos and Jake Busey as Son Of Garey Busey from Predator 2. even if it's hot garbage, this plus Shane Black will make it entertaining.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Hmm, The trailer makes it look like Laserblast meets Predator, which I could enjoy if this kid's anywhere near as insufferable as the Laserblast kid

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

we might not get Walton Goggins espousing homophobic epithets at aliens, but we do get Keegan Michael Key, Edward James Olmos and Jake Busey as Son Of Garey Busey from Predator 2. even if it's hot garbage, this plus Shane Black will make it entertaining.

If they were gonna do this I wish it was someone playing his daughter in a sequel to Eye of the Tiger or Bulletproof instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW1kOerkFjI

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't understand the plot based on that trailer, it looks like the kid bought a Predator mask on eBay and now one is showing up to reclaim it? I really hope I'm wrong.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Seems like you understand it just fine?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

TOOT BOOT posted:

I don't understand the plot based on that trailer, it looks like the kid bought a Predator mask on eBay and now one is showing up to reclaim it? I really hope I'm wrong.

It looks like the mercenary manage to kill a predator, but managed to keep some of the tech. Didn't want the tech to go to the government so he sent it to his family, probably with a note saying not to open it. The kid opened it despite the warning and alerted the Predators to their location by activating their ship remotely, thus probably sending an alarm Bell off when it crashed land.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Covok posted:

It looks like the mercenary manage to kill a predator, but managed to keep some of the tech. Didn't want the tech to go to the government so he sent it to his family, probably with a note saying not to open it. The kid opened it despite the warning and alerted the Predators to their location by activating their ship remotely, thus probably sending an alarm Bell off when it crashed land.

This is exactly it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

also apparently the kid has autism too because hey why not

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I hope this movie ends just like AV|P:R where some suit delivers a predator mask to Mrs Yutani only by now she has the complete set and is wearing full pred armor and says something like "time to being the hunt" or some other dumb poo poo

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Covok posted:

alf_pogs posted:

also apparently the kid has autism too because hey why not

This is Jurassic World with Predator, it's going to be the absolute worst.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s going to have snappy Shane Black dialog so def not the worst.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Is it set during Christmas though?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Halloween. It’s in the trailer.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Gaj posted:

I really hope this does not suck.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Today’s my birthday, so enjoy this article about the box Alien scene, an alleged scene from ‘Alien’ that shows up in the Heavy Metal ‘Aliens: The Illustrated Story’ adaptation, and which the artist swears he saw in an early cut of the movie, but no one has been able to find conclusive evidence of its existence. It’s not in any script drafts or the novelization, Giger’s diary doesn’t mention it, it’s not present among any known deleted scenes, and none of the cast or crew remember anything like it. So... there’s that.

And when you’re done with that, here’s a new toy coming out of an Alien that folds up into a box. :v:

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/AlienAnthology/status/993606502609928192

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

An Alien was killed by a 17 year old pizza delivery boy with a 2007 era pistol. Don’t be throwing that shade Alien.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

And by a 31 yr old movie producer with a 50s era pistol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hm?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

fake vasquez in the air vents

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh ok. I figured it was something like that.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

banned from Starbucks posted:

And by a 31 yr old movie producer with a 50s era pistol

1911 pistol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Snowman_McK posted:

1911 pistol.

Starbucks is right, her pistol is a Smith & Wesson model 39.

The other pistol shown prominently in ‘Aliens’ is the H&K VP70, which Cameron specifically chose because he thought it looked futuristic.
And then the gun ceased production 3 years after the movie came out. :v: