Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
protip: buffets of any variety are and always will be the cheapest crap that can be prepared en masse and not spoil for a sufficient amount of time. you do not go to a buffet for good food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
but the presentation is lacking

and this isn't authentic chinese food

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

American popular culture really does revolve around feverishly using up everything you can before someone else gets a chance to.

have a friend who grew up in east germany before the wall fell. her mom told her that if she ever saw a line to stand in it because it might be something useful.

this sounds like the capitalist version of this

fomo for lyfe

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
~*heaps item after item on plate from a trough of semi-congealed grease*~

~*adds a sprig of parsley and shredded citrus rind*~

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

syntaxrigger posted:

have a friend who grew up in east germany before the wall fell. her mom told her that if she ever saw a line to stand in it because it might be something useful.

this sounds like the capitalist version of this

fomo for lyfe

*walks around san francisco, sees a big line to place, stands in it for 3 hours, ends up being afforded the opportunity to buy instagram/pinterest friendly eggs n bacon for $20*

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i like how SF evolved from -- a fake "ice cream museum" that requests free ice cream from vendors because "its a museum and thats what you do, you give museums things for free" while just being a place to charge people to use instagram backdrops -- to places that just straight up offer instagram backdrops for a fee

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
also zakuski supremacy 4 life

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i refuse to attend a buffet luncheon if the crystal goblets at the soda fountain are insufficiently polished

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
there'd drat well better be a loving sundae bar is all i'm saying.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lancemantis posted:

i like how SF evolved from -- a fake "ice cream museum" that requests free ice cream from vendors because "its a museum and thats what you do, you give museums things for free" while just being a place to charge people to use instagram backdrops -- to places that just straight up offer instagram backdrops for a fee

words can mean anything, and anything we call a certain name automatically is that thing

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

lmao klout. how the gently caress did they survive even this long?

only thing I knew about klout was that one loving article some woman wrote about how she would never consider dating you if you score was too low

also I just lolled for real because klout autocorrected to kaput

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
never had anything to do with klout. pretty such i do have a lout score tho.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

lol. that's an interesting point.

would you say it was quite interesting?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Chris Knight posted:

would you say it was quite interesting?

not really. no.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Chris Knight posted:

only thing I knew about klout was that one loving article some woman wrote about how she would never consider dating you if you score was too low

also I just lolled for real because klout autocorrected to kaput

there was a thing ages ago where someone was talking about only accepting candidates with a sufficient klout score for a position at some idiot tech startup

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Uptime Sinclair posted:

reminded me of this

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Xaris posted:

instagram/pinterest friendly eggs n bacon
:crossarms:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

your bacon n' egg look like a dishrag

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

your bacon n' egg look like a dishrag
breakfast look like a fam

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

I heard that they just back up a tanker truck full of steaks and fluid and pump them into a reservoir like a reverse honey truck. There's no way that can be true, but the mental image is legit.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

that’s nothing Taco Bell’s meat tube was clogged

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
want a pro grift idea: build a hip cool SF restaurant, hire a professional photographer, bolt loving DSLR's all over the Order Out shelf and offer to take studio quality instasnaps of their lunch as long as they log in over here on this kiosk

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Elon Musk Pro Grifter 2

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

grift of the ideas guy

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lancemantis posted:

i dont understand any of this

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/elizabeth_joh/status/994956053879013381

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
what kind of assholes get haughty about buffets

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

muckswirler posted:

I heard that they just back up a tanker truck full of steaks and fluid and pump them into a reservoir like a reverse honey truck. There's no way that can be true, but the mental image is legit.
my uncle is a retired mechanical engineer who once consulted for a plant that prepared "steaks" for ponderosa. it's shaped slurry for both bones and meat for real, but i don't think that's a big secret these days

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

sousveillance

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

fuckin nope

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
crowd sourced crime fighting!!! just like the policemans show on prime time ABC, complete with elon musku clone as lead character

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
every call is going to be "i saw a black person"

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

every call is going to be "i saw a black person"

you mean "casing"

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Jonny 290 posted:

want a pro grift idea: build a hip cool SF restaurant, hire a professional photographer, bolt loving DSLR's all over the Order Out shelf and offer to take studio quality instasnaps of their lunch as long as they log in over here on this kiosk

anything that can separate rich idiots from their money is doing the Lord's work

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

"i saw a black person"

working title for steven seagal: lawman

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

legit impressed that guy managed to marry up

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Wait, I can’t be yoscool unless I denounce Indian buffets?

:(

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

buffets, warren and jimmy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

carry on then posted: