Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Being Japan I'm sure he is going to fight Datsik or Aleks soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Cued up to Gomi's Mad Capsule Markets entrance cuz goddamn, Pride never die
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HnU8684A2g&t=255s

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
The Hansen and Pulver fights are probably my favourites but him knee loving Aoki's face out of the ring is easily the best moment of his career, even though it was thoroughly within the period where he didn't give a poo poo, was addicted to barbecue, and refused to exercise in the summer months

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I see Gabi Garcia is fighting again this weekend. She's not really that big, right?

Oh.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Memento posted:

I see Gabi Garcia is fighting again this weekend. She's not really that big, right?

Oh.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gabi is my favorite, I hope she crushes the life out of every can shady japanese businessmen can throw at her.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Memento posted:

Oh.

Werdum is 6'3. Assuming 3 inch heels, she's about 6 foot ya?

e: Google confirms gabi is 6'1. Wow...

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

coconono posted:

Gabi is my favorite, I hope she crushes the life out of every can shady japanese businessmen can throw at her.

she's fighting an 0-0 russian combat sambo girl who weighs about 180lbs in road fc. check out her extremely normal statement about the fight from back in january: http://wmmarankings.com/veronika-futina-need-know-gabi-garcias-next-likely-opponent/

quote:

Gabi Garcia does not have anything for me. I do not care about her, I just want to build my career in MMA. There is a goal but I do not see any obstacles. I love, respect and appreciate our president and I am proud of our country

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Gabi should fight Kayla Peterson.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Q: Your opponent is a wrestler and some have said you won't be able to stay on your feet and box. Your response?

A: My opponent is dust. I do not know him. I want to thank god. I want to thank president. I dedicate this fight to president. Thank you for leading us. I Love fresh fruit and animals of most kinds.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

CommonShore posted:

Gabi should fight Kayla Peterson.

Do you mean Kayla Harrison?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

El Roncho posted:

Do you mean Kayla Harrison?

:doh: yes.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Memento posted:

Oh.

thats cool. i dont respect anything about her fighting career or general demeanour but thats impressive

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

This is just fantastic.

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/43417-road-fc-47

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

thats cool. i dont respect anything about her fighting career or general demeanour but thats impressive

She has a huge frame so it's sort of impressive she's not a whale. She does have bigger arms than Wanderlei tho.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The PFL has figured out a way to have a clean, uniform look while still giving their fighters something to sell. They are basically telling them, "you can have two sponsors, their logos go here, otherwise this is your uniform"

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/995016264467779585

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Rigel posted:

The PFL has figured out a way to have a clean, uniform look while still giving their fighters something to sell. They are basically telling them, "you can have two sponsors, their logos go here, otherwise this is your uniform"

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/995016264467779585

Looking Pretty Freaking Legit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

...and the pitch! posted:

She has a huge frame so it's sort of impressive she's not a whale. She does have bigger arms than Wanderlei tho.

The secret is lots and lots of steroids, op.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Yea, an impressive amount

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

I am so loving hyped to go to sleep right now and wake up in time for the Big Boy Fight League of Road FC tomorrow. Hoping for a blowout main card like the first round of the Strikeforce Heavyweight GP was

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

The Road FC undercard is starting here: https://www.panda.tv/hds/roadfc2017.html

I totally missed that both Jerome Le Banner and Wu Lahan dropped out, to be replaced by Oli Thompson and some other tall Chinese guy. Oh well, c'est la openweight grand prix

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
wow those tweets(?) scrolling across the top of the video stream aren't annoying at all

edit: I love machine translations

edit edit: I figured out there was a toggle at the bottom (green) to turn off the scrolling social media but there's still banner ads at the top from the promoter

edit edit edit: stream keeps going to poo poo. Taking it off fullscreen seems to have helped.

Memento fucked around with this message at 09:43 on May 12, 2018

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Fujita won with a knee to the dick, and it was beautiful.

The Big Lads are getting introduced right now, Main Card about to be underway

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
That Romanian lad is an absolute unit.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Memento posted:

That Romanian lad is an absolute unit.

He's positively spherical

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

slick back defence and explosive athleticism from Chris Barnett

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
And Chris Barnett just basically just stood up with him on his back.

sweet loving dance moves too

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
poo poo, lungu lost?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Triticum Guzzler posted:

poo poo, lungu lost?

Yeah he had Barnett's back but couldn't really do anything with it, and then Barnett stood up and ducked under to take Lungu's back. Had him against the fence, was probably going to punch himself out but Herb stopped it with about 2 minutes to go. Would have been a very, very long round otherwise.

lol the stream just poo poo itself, then started re-streaming someone else's stream. I could see their control panel down the bottom before it went away

rofl I can see their mouse pointer moving and clicking on what I assume is "reset stream"

Memento fucked around with this message at 13:00 on May 12, 2018

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
fujita is the tournament reserve on the strength of kneeing a chinese middleweight in the dick, magnificent

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
ps lol

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/994766104118681601

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Oli Thompsons boxing defense consists entirely of locking his arms from the shoulder down and waving them about in front of his face like a crane game crane in hope of entrapping at least one shot aimed at his mug

TKO with knees to the body now? drat that was a good finish to a poo poo fight

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
loving tko (grounded knees to the body) isn't something you see every day

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Gabi time, let's see how big this Russian lass is.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
LARGER THAN WOMEN
LARGER THAN MEN
LARGER THAN LIFE

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
strong contender for worst entrance of all time

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
man I'm gettin' hungry for some Goobne #1 Oven Roasted Chicken

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
gently caress Gabi still has 45 pounds on the other chick

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i wonder if the road fc guys were the guys behind the moosin show with tim sylvia vs pudz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
this ring announcer is a mike judge character