Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Did my one step, got Shylt and a ton of Mims. I guess that's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

PaybackJack posted:

I've saved up a 100% trust Moogle and don't have anyone I need to spend it on right away. First time that's happened to me.

Man what’s that like

E: oh right. If you play with sound off do yourself a favor and turn it on at least once. When you click on either of the sephiroth banners it plays his theme

Ugato fucked around with this message at 14:21 on May 11, 2018

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Ugato posted:

Man what’s that like

Pretty nice! I've just been casually grinding a couple newer TMRs and I'm about ready to poop out a Machine Sword and a Waddo Mag thingy. This week is set to turn 5 of these judges into another MAG sword. Then I'm back to grinding out 2nd copies of stuff.

Step up is complete, 4th step got me Ace2 and Sephiroth was the guaranteed.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 14:38 on May 11, 2018

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Got my third Pyro Glacial Lasswell off my freebie and ShyIt off of a 11 pull. Got gently caress all else, oh well.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Six slots, but I can free up more.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I was going to make a post about killers and blah blah blah but this LGD boss collapses quicker than a house of cards on the first day of fall.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

My brain is retarded and apparently being tired makes it worse because I started pulling this morning and didn't stop.

Sephiroth
Lila
Shyt
Balthier
D Fina #3
Reberta #5
Prompto

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Pokemaster #421 posted:

:( well poo poo sooner or later I'm bound to stumble upon a passable dupe eventually. Maybe I'll get super lucky and manage to pull back to back sepherhahahaha Oh my lord no not even gonna pretend that's possible. How's this Lila gal as a consolation prize anyway? Nothings really jumping out at me as spectacular but maybe I'm missing something

You are aware that Kunshira is actually pretty good as a 7*, right? She isn't top of the top tier, but is still considered quite good, above a lot of units that are currently considered "best". And having 2 of her at 7* gets around her only real issue, which is that her powerful break/imperil and buff/resistance abilities can't be kept up 100% of the time because of cooldowns.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Khisanth Magus posted:

You are aware that Kunshira is actually pretty good as a 7*, right? She isn't top of the top tier, but is still considered quite good, above a lot of units that are currently considered "best". And having 2 of her at 7* gets around her only real issue, which is that her powerful break/imperil and buff/resistance abilities can't be kept up 100% of the time because of cooldowns.

She’s one of the few where having two 7* might actually be preferable to getting her stmr, too. It’s not bad - 50 atk, 50 mag, 15 fire/thunder/water/wind/light resist - but it’s not so massively ahead of other similar options versus how much better having two 7* chainers on lock would be. Also, since her BIS setup involves 3 of her own TMR, the limit on how many of her is good to have is only determined by 3x how many you want to use.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 11, 2018

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I hope we get a few weeks or so warning of the official date for when 7* are coming out so I can make sure to TMR grind anything I don't have ready for TTerra's 7* supremacy. Thankfully I have a decent number of magic TMs already done due to Fryevia.

PaybackJack posted:

On the 3rd step of the banner, 20+ tickets spent too. 3 rainbows so far: Beatrix2, Onion Knight2, and Lunera3. Kinda having second thoughts about going forward, 10k lapis for a guaranteed unit I don't have is kind of cool and they're both good...But I also don't need either of them...Oh this game!

Side note: I've saved up a 100% trust Moogle and don't have anyone I need to spend it on right away. First time that's happened to me.

7* OK is probably good if you don't have a burning desire to get Lila and/or Sephiroth.

arisu posted:

If you're using a killer materia, she's gonna get like 10% less SPR than her Japan counterpart, so not having stacking Shylt materias isn't really that big of an issue. She's still really really really good at 6*.

True, it's not an end of the world thing as she'll only be moderately OP instead of hugely OP. Fryevia seems to win out against stuff that can't resist ice but Lila still had the ability to chain with every element in the game, IIRC.

And she's going to be dealing high damage while being able to take the biggest magic attacks (except maybe algion's tank buster) without breaking a sweat since she'll be at 1k+ SPR.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Pulled Mim on my 1/2 pull and trash on the free pull. Decided to toss a couple tickets at the banner, maybe get a bonus unit or two.

Freya
Sephiroth :toot:
Anzelm
Shylt :toot:

...well ok then.

I put Sephiroth up as my buddy unit for the event. Will probably switch his gear around and drop the Excalibur for a Fryevia Needle at some point.

She's not as good as in Japan (where she was broken as hell) because we can't stack materia like Shylt's on her but she's still a SPR-based MAG damage dealer in a game where most enemies have awful magic defense, and she absolutely destroys things like the iron giant trial. A Lilia and buddy Lila each using, say, the holy element staff from the 10 man trial and chaining together can shred through a lot of things.

OTOH we have Fryevia, which really cuts in to her brief supremacy.

I think Lila doing Magic damage is a misconception, she's using Spirit but she's still hitting the defense stat, unlike Fryevia. So if you take her to say, the Moon trial she will not be able to do damage, just like Rem or Ace's magic based physical damage moves (Boomerange and Wild Card). She will benefit from physical killers though.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
It should be versus spirit. The reason Lila is useless against bloody moon is the attacks are still physical attacks. Think Aigaion punch, but the opposite.

The attack type determines what type of shielding and what evasion applies. So she can’t hit a 100% dodge or a physical immune target even though she’s doing magic damage.

The damage type determines what defensive stat mitigates the damage. Back to the Aigaion example - it’s a magic attack that does physical. So your provoke tank wants to load up on defense to soak the punch, and Pod shield/Golem summon reduce the damage further. And it’s impossible to get 100% evasion because it’s a magic attack. But for Lila, because it’s magic damage, the target’s spr stat is what determines the damage you deal.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 17:44 on May 11, 2018

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ugato posted:

It should be versus spirit. The reason Lila is useless against bloody moon is the attacks are still physical attacks. Think Aigaion punch, but the opposite.

The attack type determines what type of shielding and what evasion applies. So she can’t hit a 100% dodge or a physical immune target even though she’s doing magic damage.

Yeah it's this. In Japan she absolutely was hitting against SPR considering how she manhandled fights like Iron Giant which has a ton of DEF but terrible SPR from what I recall.

I'm not sure the game's code would allow MAG vs DEF or ATK vs SPR. Her main chain uses her SPR as MAG, causing it to hit the enemy's SPR for calculating damage.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Alright, I hope we get Reagan and Nichol back to back like JP. I’m honestly pretty set on dps for a long time, so I’m hoarding for trying to lock in 7* Nichol. It would be nice to be able to potentially dump whatever I have left over into fishing for one or two Reagans.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Thought I was gonna stop pulling after only coming away with some Shylts and Mims this morning. I threw a ticket, and got a Gau, which has taken over the mantle of “you are pulling this bad crap unit all the time no matter what even if you are sick of him” from the type-0 guys.

Rage pull got me this:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Id keep pulling but I am out of tix and refuse to pay anymore.

I'll pull him in a month or right after this banner ends. Never fails.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Decided to pop a few tickets to try and fish out another Seph. Got to 15 before I started to regret doing it, down comes a yellow, it reforms to rainbow. Seph 7*. No regrets left

It destroyed my ticket and lapis reserves but getting the ur chainer and Lorren 7* is fantastic.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

I did a pull

I got Lila (yay...) and Ayaka (YAY!!!!)

I was hoping that 2nd rainbow in the pull would be Seph but I was even more happily surprised as I've wanted CG fina or Ayaka

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey so I've been playing this pretty casually between console games and such, should I be doing all these side quests or is it fine to just blow past them and continue on the campaign?

Langolas posted:

I did a pull

I got Lila (yay...) and Ayaka (YAY!!!!)

I was hoping that 2nd rainbow in the pull would be Seph but I was even more happily surprised as I've wanted CG fina or Ayaka

I got that Ayaka this morning as my free pull, was pretty excited after I looked her up!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The good thing about this Moogle King event in the back of another one is that there isn't really that much to get, and I can get with catching up in the story.

Policenaut posted:

Hey so I've been playing this pretty casually between console games and such, should I be doing all these side quests or is it fine to just blow past them and continue on the campaign?

There's a lot of goodies locked behind the side quests, especially the elemental keys and vaults. They could really help you out, but it's up to you.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Did about 18 regular tickets. 6 4* tickets.
Got 4 Shylt and an Olive (#3)

Realized I had forgotten to do my freebie pull and got Dark Fina #1.

Welp, that was my ticket budget for this banner. And I’m not doing any step up pulls. I am continuing to hoard for Randi when he comes back ‘cause I need that good 7* Randi action for my team.
We’ll see how dailies treat me.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I always forget to feed LB pots before awakening units to 6*. Had 3 king pots and several regular burst pots but didn't use them on Sephiroth while he was still just a 5* unit. I hate the way leveling LBs work in this game. :sigh:

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
We’re posting our step pulls?

1 lap got me,

TGC 4
VoD 3
VoD 4
CG Jake (weeeee)
Lila
Lila 2
Sephiroth

iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja
I only went 1 lap and I got:

Delita (#2)
Lila

:cry:

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
For everyone that got Lila - she’s still broken right now. They didn’t change her numbers. They just made it so you can’t stack 3 copies of a single TMR to get 150% spr. There are still two 40%’s you can grab pretty easily. Hopefully you have at least 1 Ilias and/or Water Veritas. She’s still easy to get to strong gear levels and her top end is about 30-50 spr lower than JP.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

You can put Staff Mastery on her too, that's a SPR+50% that can go with Shilt's SPR+50% materia too. Just gotta beat Blood Moon w/o items to get it.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
1 lap on the step-up banner got me:

Reberta
D.Fina
Sephiroth

What weapon element have we settled on for Sephiroth? Holy because of the abundance of Excaliburs?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Yea I just went Holy for bonus unit. Chaining with my own Fry I'd use the ice katana.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Holy is probably the most common for him. Ice is a strong standard but requires people to always use Fryevia. Good for Fry-havers but it sucks for people with Cid who have friend lists full of Cid. Sephiroth imperils holy 60% so it’s an easy fit.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
One lap on the step up got me:

Rem #2
Fry #3 (this is my second fry in two days as I pulled one yesterday)
Cloud #2
Reberta #2
Olive
Roy
Lila

So I didn't get a Sephi but I got a poo poo ton of what look to be useful units.

I'm now ready for Fry, Rem, Cloud and Reberta 7*. What are they like?

Quality Control
Feb 2, 2001

Your are very dangerous. Be dead down here.
Fry and Reberta are both GL exclusives so nobody knows what their 7* will be like. I'm guessing Fryevia will be fantastic. Cloud is mediocre. Rem is also mediocre but she's a better unit in GL so I think her 7* will end up being pretty good. Also her STMR is really good (+40 MAG/SPR, +40% MAG/SPR, Auto-Regen accessory).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

PDQ Law posted:

1 lap on the step-up banner got me:

Reberta
D.Fina
Sephiroth

What weapon element have we settled on for Sephiroth? Holy because of the abundance of Excaliburs?

Holy for sure. Excalibur+Masamune is going to give him a lot more attack than ice katana + whatever and a lot more people will have a decent holy weapon to use as well. Plus a pair of Sephiroths will shred the LGD enemies so you can carry 4 additional bonus units without worry. I might set mine to Masamune + Needle to use with my own Fryevia's DW setup (I have 3 Frys :v:) in the future but as a friend unit you want holy IMO.

Vasler posted:

I'm now ready for Fry, Rem, Cloud and Reberta 7*. What are they like?

We have no idea for Fry's 7* but hopefully it'll include a multiplier boost of some kind (like Cid and others get with their TMR equipped) when using a Needle. Her STMR will probably be her coat, like an ice hybrid-focused version of Reagan's STMR. My big concern is that even with W-Attack she ends up not having the damage output to remain viable compared to TDH units like Aileen and Tidus, let alone Hyou. Though 7* Fryevia having power on Hyou's level would be insane.

Rem's 7* is alright but nothing amazing like Ayaka/CG Fina. Cloud's 7* is rated a 21.5 like Emperor Shera and Aileen, I believe.

Famitu's 7* chart is here:
https://wiki.famitsu.com/ffbraveexv...%B8%80%E8%A6%A7

Not sure how much weight it gets compared to other ranking lists. Though all 7* are significantly better than 6* units. Some units (like Wilhelm and TTerra) remain pretty incredible as 7* units too so I do have some hope for Fryevia and Olive. Especially Olive. She was born to be a TDH monster.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Got nothing but two Lilas from what I had saved. Super annoying. I'm almost mad, but I don't really play FFBE anymore anyway.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Evil Fluffy posted:

My big concern is that even with W-Attack she ends up not having the damage output to remain viable

They already gave her a chaining ability modifier that rivals most finishers and is twice the damage of most other chainers to make her in line/just above the rest of the pack. Unless they get told not to for some reason she’ll probably be pretty top tier. I mean, it’s kind of fair because she’s locked to cold and screwed over by every boss that has high def or spr or resists phys or mag. For someone like Hyou you only have to worry about high def and physical resistant/immune.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Threw a few regular rare tickets at Seph and got Lotus Mage Fina out of it. Well, thanks Brave Exvius! At least I seem to be set for healers with her and Ayaka now?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Had a bunch of tickets saved up, my second pull, a rainbow?!

Lyla.

Another rainbow?!

BS Sakura #2.

Yellow up to rainbow?! This time it’s gotta b-

Lulu.

This game is such a goddamn tease giving non-banner rainbows off of pulls.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Is there a link for a BiS Orlandeau with ice-only elemental?

EDIT: Looks like it basically requires Erwin's TMR. Who tf is Erwin??

Cobalt60 fucked around with this message at 06:35 on May 12, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
With the 4* ticket I got from the Phoenix trial, I drew a Sephiroth.

Now, see my knees. Then, see my knees! (Skanky Boss!)

With the Lapis I got from playing the most recent story update and a run through Nibelhiem, I was able to get the third step after exhausting my reserves and not getting anything good on the first two steps. Guaranteed 5* was Ayaka #2. Not too shabby, but I highly doubt I'll finish the step-up as I gots bills to pay.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Cobalt60 posted:

Is there a link for a BiS Orlandeau with ice-only elemental?

EDIT: Looks like it basically requires Erwin's TMR. Who tf is Erwin??

The butler guy from the Kunshira story event a few months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Well then! 7 4* Tickets and ~20 regular tickets got me 3 copies of Shylt and some white haired nonce.

Time to resume hoarding for Xenogears and Valkyrie Profile.

• Locked thread