Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

can you change the font size of the sidebar in VS code? it's too big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Last Chance posted:

can you change the font size of the sidebar in VS code? it's too big

looks like right now the options are zoom out the whole editor and then bump the file editor size in settings, or use someones css editing addon that allows customization called vscode-custom-css

the issue tracking this is 519 on their github

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Boiled Water posted:

i just discovered a new sql manager / script execution program that's cross platform and also good and made by microsoft and also free: SQL Operations Studio https://github.com/Microsoft/sqlopsstudio

i'm also amazed that everything around microsoft is amazing and the core (made up of everything touched by windows) is a fire of garbage
wait why did they make a second vs code but for sql server

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.
It's a fork of vs code. There's more sql-specific ui than would reasonably fit in a normal vs code extension.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

if VS code could replicate the exact syntax highlighting that powershell ISE uses then i'd switch in a heartbeat. i'm not even sure if it's possible because ISE does some magic to highlight cmdlets properly as well as things like expression expansion inside quoted strings

pram
Jun 10, 2001
powershell lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Agile Vector posted:

it just complained about a log file on the latest release. maybe i misread the size and the log was 600mb, but its what it did

now, mind you, it opened the dmp fine and was able to load it without issue but it still groused at me. it might also be that the file was an unrecognized type, so it was uncertain how it could handle a large unknown file type but it did fine

either way its still a handy editor and i have it so customized at this point that im backing the file up to other machines for convenience and security in case one copy gets wiped unexpectedly

it did warn me on a couple gig csv file too and i believe it defaults to warn over 300mb, but it still works for me - definitely above the sizes quoted earlier

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i'm really loving how every loving windows update now breaks vmware workstation's usb driver integration.

normally i'd blame vmware, but no, this poo poo worked for years.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

pram posted:

powershell lol

if you're touching microsofts and don't know it then :rip:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

cheese-cube posted:

touching microsofts is my wife's job

:smith:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
bazinga

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

cheese-cube posted:

if you're touching microsofts and don't know it but you really want to show it if you're touching microsofts please mark the correct answer as accepted

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

infernal machines posted:

i'm really loving how every loving windows update now breaks vmware workstation's usb driver integration.

normally i'd blame vmware, but no, this poo poo worked for years.

well, you are using a discontinued product, use hyper-v lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
in what sense is vmware workstation a "discontinued product"?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
vmware fired the workstation team and has it outsourced just for updates

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i'm really enjoying the eternal struggle between microsoft and intel where every time (and i mean EVERY time) microsoft release a major win10 update the NIC teaming functionality in intel ANS breaks. usually intel releases a new version 1-2 weeks later which fixed it but holy gently caress, intel and/or microsoft must be seriously loving something up in the OS networking space because it has broken like clock-work 5-6 times now

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

forever cursed

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

in what sense is vmware workstation a "discontinued product"?
maybe the part where it hasn't seen an update in over a year

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Celexi posted:

vmware fired the workstation team and has it outsourced just for updates

oh word? well as long as hyper-v support remains poo poo for non microsoft OSs i'm going to be using it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

anthonypants posted:

maybe the part where it hasn't seen an update in over a year

last update was january 2018

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

hyper-v is fine you nard

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i'm running osx in vmware

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

last update was january 2018

critical bug and cve only. its halfway to the grave and if anything substantial changes on the guest OSs for how they integrate you'll be SoL

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

ahh I see your problem: you are supposed to buy a Mac and then run other things on it. You seem to have gotten it backwards

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yeah, like i said, they've managed to all but nuke usb device integration. it works-ish and requires a repair of vmware after every update

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

ahh I see your problem: you are supposed to buy a Mac and then run other things on it. You seem to have gotten it backwards

when they start selling the cheese grater mac pro again we'll see

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

graph posted:

forever cursed

what why? im doing straight dope 802.3ad LACP to a properly configured cisco catalyst, everything perfect and when it works it works great.

wait unless you mean "teaming on windows is cursed" then yeah mega agreedo

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

when they start selling the cheese grater mac pro again we'll see

I'm running a hackintosh with Parallels and a windows 10 vm for doing stupid work stuff.

Highly recommended!

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Fiedler posted:

It's a fork of vs code. There's more sql-specific ui than would reasonably fit in a normal vs code extension.

it's also very needs suiting for my sql needs on my macs books pros

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
according to the verge, microsoft wants imessage on windows. lol https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/10/17335914/microsoft-joe-belfiore-shilpa-ranganathan-build-2018-interview

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

lmao yeah okay lets just share per user private keys with Microsoft

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
it would be cool if it were in the available apps on icloud.com but that's probably not happening any time soon

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

its not going to happen at all, the only way you can decrypt the messages is to have the private key, which apple does not store. thats why when you add a new idevice to your iCloud account you have to jump through like 5 hoops to get it added, because your existing iphone/ipad/macbook has to share a key with the new device

so you'd have to auth the browser in this manner every time you log on and then revoke the key when the session expired

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

iMessage is insanely secure

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
it sounds like you're saying it's more secure than icloud

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

I seem to remember that iCloud backups aren't encrypted because it could both be your only idevice and you may need to restore that backup to a completely new device when you get a new phone or get it swapped out for damage/warranty/whatever

idk, the iMessage white paper is real good though. worth a read

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

okay so just double checked, a new private AND public key is generated PER DEVICE associated with iMessage, so the multiplexing actually happens on the device sending the iMessage, if there are multiple devices associated with the email/phone number it encrypts the message using the public key for each device and sends separate messages for each device

large messages (videos, photos, voice messages, etc) are encrypted and upload to iCloud and then the location of the file + the key is messaged normally to the recipient

theres also some message signing using the sender and recipient public keys and stuff for verification

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG fucked around with this message at 03:33 on May 12, 2018

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

cheese-cube posted:

what why? im doing straight dope 802.3ad LACP to a properly configured cisco catalyst, everything perfect and when it works it works great.

wait unless you mean "teaming on windows is cursed" then yeah mega agreedo

For like... 5 years straight Windows was unable to support LACP and tagged vlans at the same time

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

iMessage is crazy good. i see people disable it on their iphones and i wonder how their brains became so broken that this was a thing they thought they needed to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Granite Octopus posted:

iMessage is crazy good. i see people disable it on their iphones and i wonder how their brains became so broken that this was a thing they thought they needed to do

why would anyone willingly wear the green badge of poverty?