Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

they got into a big fight on a german tour and their pushed tag team broke up and shane stopped getting booked in wxw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/kenjohnson1028/status/993853565734129666

oatgan posted:

they got into a big fight on a german tour and their pushed tag team broke up and shane stopped getting booked in wxw

That's all that is known really. People fall out in Wrestling all the time but the mystery and abruptness of that incident made it all the more curious.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
So... uh... Joey Ryan has a comic book?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

https://twitter.com/kenjohnson1028/status/993853565734129666

That's all that is known really. People fall out in Wrestling all the time but the mystery and abruptness of that incident made it all the more curious.

ok I just watched that and it was wonderful. If you loved the Stokely Hathaway interview, its just as insane.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I was going to get tickets to War of the Worlds but lol @ buying a ticket to that Toronto card when SMASH is doing this.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mia Yim vs Matt Riddle, holy poo poo I didn't realize I wanted this until now. If they do the standing release germans spots, that's gonna be a thing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

Mia Yim vs Matt Riddle, holy poo poo I didn't realize I wanted this until now. If they do the standing release germans spots, that's gonna be a thing.

Right?? Joey vs Jordynne could be dope too.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

Right?? Joey vs Jordynne could be dope too.

Joey getting hugged so hard his eye bulge farther than usual, loving wonderful

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The indy that runs my town had Ron Simmons booked as a special enforcer for matches across a Canadian tour but Ron can't make the show in my town and a couple others because of a family thing. His replacement?

2 COLD SCORPIO.

That's an upgrade, no disrespect to Ron. One of my first WCW memories was Scorpio being Ron's mystery partner on a Clash of the Champions, and Scorpio doing the 450 and my Dad, my brother and I all losing our poo poo because we'd never seen the move before.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The indy that runs my town had Ron Simmons booked as a special enforcer for matches across a Canadian tour but Ron can't make the show in my town and a couple others because of a family thing. His replacement?

2 COLD SCORPIO.

That's an upgrade, no disrespect to Ron. One of my first WCW memories was Scorpio being Ron's mystery partner on a Clash of the Champions, and Scorpio doing the 450 and my Dad, my brother and I all losing our poo poo because we'd never seen the move before.
:drat:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Very curious timing on this

https://twitter.com/OneHourTees/status/994970833490710529

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Avoiding getting hyped by this by telling myself they wouldn't announce the meet and greet before hand if he was gonna be part of the show

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
he’s getting announced for the show right before tickets go on sale

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
https://mobile.twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/status/994984340646977538

This should be a killer show. One of the top three promotions in the world today.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ospreay/Riddle was my favourite match of WM weekend so I'm excited to see that again

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Baron Corbyn posted:

Ospreay/Riddle was my favourite match of WM weekend so I'm excited to see that again

It's the best zsj match I've ever seen so I'm really looking forward to the rematch yeah

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Bard Maddox posted:

he’s getting announced for the show right before tickets go on sale
this has been my thinking ever since they announced the venue

currently trying to convince myseld that if he's only appearing and not performing then i shouldn't throw a pile of money at it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Your Parents posted:

It's the best zsj match I've ever seen so I'm really looking forward to the rematch yeah

Is this a joke I'm not getting?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wouldn't Punk's UFC contract prevent wrestling?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Tons of wrestling fans will be in town and Punk lives near the PWT store. It's just an easy way for everyone to make some quick cash with not much work. I'll believe he wrestles when he appears in the ring wrestling.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its not ‘curious timing’ it was very intentionally teased and revealed by cody. his last fight is before the show but people are skeptical he’s doing a match

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Aphrodite posted:

Wouldn't Punk's UFC contract prevent wrestling?

He's not wrestling. Don't work yourself up.

Dude might show up and All In and deliver a promo, but he's definitely not wrestling.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Dude might show up and All In and deliver a promo, but he's definitely not wrestling.

It'd be cool if he did colour commentary for the show, also.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Announcing CM Punk for a meet and greet the night before All In right before tickets for All In goes on sale is smart, because it puts the idea that Punk could appear at All In in people's heads without explicitly spoiling it, so if it does happen, it's still a big moment.

Having said that, if Punk doesn't appear at All In itself somehow, you're gonna have some mad fans and Chicago ain't exactly a great place to have a bunch of wrestling fans mad at you.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

More importantly

https://twitter.com/Starrcast18/status/994742558449389569?s=19

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Baron Corbyn posted:

Is this a joke I'm not getting?

No, Matt Riddle vs ZSJ for that belt was genuinely a loving incredible match. It's the only time I've seen Sabre look like he actually has to work for his holds and isn't letting people out on purpose to show off. He doesn't even do his stupid noogie offense where someone has to sell for him rubbing their side or belly so lightly their skin doesn't even depress in this match

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Matt Riddle is a world class wrestler and I didn't believe it until that weekend.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If CM Punk was going to be there, it'd be in a bigger arena and they'd make a deal of it just to gently caress with WWE.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

nah i feel like if punk was just gonna be there for an appearance and maybe an "in-ring encounter" this is exactly the way they'd cover it. anything more and the show becomes "the return of cm punk" and nothing else matters

punk come back and wrestle kenny omega =[

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sportsgenius86 posted:

If CM Punk was going to be there, it'd be in a bigger arena and they'd make a deal of it just to gently caress with WWE.

Nah, that's what you do the next time out.

If this goes the way Cody wants it to, then this will sell 10k and prove him and everybody else who bet on it right and then All In 2: All Innier in 2019 will have Punk and Bryan and sell out the Staples Center or something.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

cams posted:

punk come back and wrestle okada for the long boys=[

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

coconono posted:

This would probably be the best thing. I don't actually need to see Punk wrestle again, but I'd be happy to see him cut another promo.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
hell yeah Nash/Punk getting booked again without hhh to ruin it

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Is MLW any good? The roster looks good and one of their tapings is going to be like 3 blocks from me.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

mlw has good main events and silly undercard poo poo like colonel rob parker hanging around

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

go and say hi to tony schiavone

tell him your friends are watching all of the nitros and it's so sad hearing the soul get sucked out of him by lovely booking

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Willninho posted:

Is MLW any good? The roster looks good and one of their tapings is going to be like 3 blocks from me.

Yes - go and have fun

And I think Punk being guest referee for the main event of All In would be the smartest thing to do

You could even have him join Bullet Club or something at the end of the show - then down the line when he's done with UFC he can do more with them in New Japan/ROH/etc.

EugeneJ fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 12, 2018

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
If you have PowerBomb, the Hooligans vs Ugly Ducklings match from tonight’s live stream is worth going out of your way to see

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Main event of NOVA, Logan Easton Laroux vs Jonathan Gresham vs Tracy Williams is also worth your time.

But in other news, first round of Commonwealth Cup on June 9 has PCO vs Nick Gage. If anyone wants to come sit in the front row with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Boco_T posted:

But in other news, first round of Commonwealth Cup on June 9 has PCO vs Nick Gage. If anyone wants to come sit in the front row with me.

holy poo poo