Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The sooner these people eat a gun, the better. Jesus Christ, what loving wreckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Weembles posted:

That is impressively petty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMU5C-fEXA8

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Slanderer posted:

when you wanna be a big fish in a little pond:

I'm not in the mood to gloat buuuuuuttttt

*gloats smugly*

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
The good thing about these guys is that the qualities that drive them to do stuff like this ultimately backfire on them when they end up lashing out at The Wrong Target or somewhere too close to their circles. Arpwel is going to be hoisted on his own petard* within the year.
*:wink:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Slanderer posted:

when you wanna be a big fish in a little pond:

I don't love this position I've put myself in and eagerly use to my personal gain, but I'm afraid reality is we just have to keep doing it. Perhaps if the woman had properly kowtowed to us right away this never would have happened...

Like, do you think he's GOING for 'Tony Soprano's dipshit cousin who isn't allowed in the strip club' or is that just happening naturally?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Why do I care what a guy who spells his own name wrong has to say about my podcast cousin Amber

Edit what I'm asking is why is this guy important, I forgot from last time

Pharmaskittle fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 11, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
You're right connor larpwell, it's better that we dont have medicare for all, but you get to exercise your petty rear end grudge

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
So is Amber not ideologically pure enough to get people to canvas for Medicare for all?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The event is being rescheduled after an offline discussion.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I forgot what having a rose in your twitter name was supposed to signify.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

I dunno if Twitter has warped the meaning, but it's a DSA symbol.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.

Joementum posted:

The event is being rescheduled after an offline discussion.

if that's actually then lol that rules, I'd love for them to just totally run this thing anyway because really what the gently caress are these Extremely Online twerps going to do about it

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

rose is dsa

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Normal people.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Apoplexy posted:

Normal people.

Goddamn you two have the same loving goal you weirdo

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yikes.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Spoeank posted:

Goddamn you two have the same loving goal you weirdo

ABLEIST!!!!!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
While disabled rights are important and any health care discussions should involve them, mass canvassing might not be the best method of activism for people with mobility issues.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
having a normal one

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phone posted:

having a normal one

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Skwirl posted:

While disabled rights are important and any health care discussions should involve them, mass canvassing might not be the best method of activism for people with mobility issues.

"What if a deaf person shows up to the event designed around going out and communicating with the public? How do you plan on communicating with them, bub?"

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Skwirl posted:

it means you support the politics of New Labour, especially the invasion of Iraq

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Apoplexy posted:

Normal people.

I wonder if this person reacts this way to other left canvassing events and then flat out refuses to help out in their area of expertise when politely asked.

Good lord what a petty rear end in a top hat.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Apoplexy posted:

Normal people.

seems like a totally innocent, good-faith exchange and not at all a concerted attempt to nail her on the ableism charge and wrap it up with a zinger so you can post a screenshot later

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well she should have apologized to him about his previous campaign to get her "fired", then none of this would have happened

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Apoplexy posted:

Normal people.

lol

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
the dsa tattletale commitee

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
this could have all been avoided if they had taken my advice and threw all the disabled people into an alligator pit.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

uber_stoat posted:

this could have all been avoided if they had taken my advice and threw all the disabled people into an alligator pit.

TAINTED MEAT! TAINTED MEAT!

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Reminds me actually back in Chapo's early days when Matt mentioned people online asking them to stop recording podcasts to make room in the cultural space for the voice of women and POC, and then pointing out that they're basically saying "please stop doing anything" as if that's a revolutionary act.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

courtesy of the cspam dsa thread,, enjoy

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Apoplexy posted:

Normal people.

Wait this is why the event got cancelled?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Nitrousoxide posted:

Wait this is why the event got cancelled?

https://twitter.com/search?q=amber%20frost%20ableist ayyyyyy

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

So basically Amber called some nerd "retarded" like 6 months ago for acting like a dumbass, and they are following her around now and sabotaging any progressive training events she tries to setup?

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Was that the same (non-)event when Amber made a meltdown post about infiltrators sent to disrupt the left or something?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Stickfigure posted:

Was that the same (non-)event when Amber made a meltdown post about infiltrators sent to disrupt the left or something?

Because that definitely happened.

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Im not on FB, but the same dude posted a screencap.. found it
https://twitter.com/Arpwel/status/949747742137610240
Yea I was wrong I guess, I misremembered the long-rear end quote as something she wrote herself, which would be having one of the most normal ones ever.

Stickfigure fucked around with this message at 09:05 on May 12, 2018

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Stickfigure posted:

Im not on FB, but the same dude posted a screencap.. found it
https://twitter.com/Arpwel/status/949747742137610240
Yea I was wrong I guess, I misremembered the long-rear end quote as something she wrote herself, which would be having one of the most normal ones ever.

Heh, he's basically reenacting Young from that story with his torpedoing the M4A training.

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Man my fiancee heads up the disability caucus for Michigan Dems and I'm so loving thankful we don't have any incredibly normal people like these fucks in her group. That just sounds exhausting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i'm sure it's just a coincidence that everyone calling her ableist happens to have the same disability (self-diagnosed aspergers and nothing else)