Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pug Rodeo posted:

I hope that boob lady knows her nipple only armor is pretty much useless.

Looks like a detriment, if anything. She could stab herself pretty easily.:cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dem Titties Da Game

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
anime Isaac is too much for me

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dem tatties

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

How long is the story mode in hyrule warriors?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

nerdz posted:

anime Isaac is too much for me

Yeah, he looks weird but it could have been worse. At least they didn’t change the design or give him more realistic proportions.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Real hurthling! posted:

Pretty long with the added villain campaign, a mayfly's sigh compared to the adventure mode

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Incidentally, the max carry skull co case is not at all docking friendly

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Calaveron posted:

Pretty long with the added villain campaign, a mayfly's sigh compared to the adventure mode

There’s also Linkle’s campaign.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, he looks weird but it could have been worse. At least they didn’t change the design or give him more realistic proportions.

Yeah it could've been a lot worse: https://img00.deviantart.net/ebfb/i/2013/265/8/7/the_binding_of_isaac_by_ursullala-d6ndeu9.jpg

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Calaveron posted:

Incidentally, the max carry skull co case is not at all docking friendly

Isn’t a case like a... bag? The max carry is a bag. Do you mean the gripcase? If so, yes it’s right but that’s more about the individual dock’s angles. Some are less straight than others.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Tropical Freeze has one of gaming's greatest original soundtracks. Good freaking gosh is it amazing.

It's so good. It was in my regular "chill out and focus at work" Playlist but I took it out recently so I could hear the music relatively fresh when I replay it on Switch.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Real hurthling! posted:

About 32 scenarios long, divided into 18 Main Story Scenarios (divided into 4 Prologue, 2 OoT, 2 Twilight Princess, 2 Skyward Sword, 3 Endgame, 3 Ganondorf, and 2 Grand Finale Scenarios), 5 Cia Scenarios and 5 Linkle Scenarios that happen concurrently with the main story, and 4 Wind Waker Scenarios that continue and serve as a new conclusion to the story after the Main Story ends.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Rolo posted:

So just to be clear, its third party docks killing switches then?

Like I could use a phone charger with a reliable cord for travel charging and be aok?

I don't know about that because I always use the Nintendo charger (I just plug it in straight to the handheld unit, I never dock my Switch) but when I'm out running around I use this battery to charge my Switch (it's not exactly tiny, but it's a loving BEAST; it can keep the Switch at 100% for like 24 hours or something) and even after 5.0.0 and 5.0.1 it's never hurt it.

Edit: Oh drat, that battery has gone waaaaaay up in price since I bought it. E2: I bought it at $80 and it's $120 now so I can't recommend it at that price.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 12, 2018

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

I know literally nothing about this game but I am all-in based on this cinematic.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Yes I too am all in based on the cinematits

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/994724499336515585

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Now none of these characters need to get into Smash. They're already well contained in a crossover fighting game.

Hoping Shantae is the secret final character reveal now.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Apparently Variety had confirmed that the Monster Hunter movie is going forward. Written and directed by Paul W.S. Anderson and starring Milla Jovovich

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Apparently Variety had confirmed that the Monster Hunter movie is going forward. Written and directed by Paul W.S. Anderson and starring Milla Jovovich

wut

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
It's going to be the Resident Evil movies but with iguanas with surfer hair and giant pickle dinosaurs

Which sounds loving awesome

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

That's the team that did the Resident Evil movies.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Jesus, I am so bummed about the Pinball Arcade situation.. I just tried out the newly back-on-the-store version and it's really nice in handheld vertical mode. I would've bought Addams Family and World Cup 94 I'd downloaded the initial release in time :(

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
My secret hope is that it's in the same universe as the Resident Evil movies. Like, 100 years later humanity has recovered from the zombie apocalypse but now has to protect the primitive settlements from monsters for some reason. And it's implied that the protagonist is Alice's great granddaughter.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Calaveron posted:

It's going to be the Resident Evil movies but with iguanas with surfer hair and giant pickle dinosaurs

Which sounds loving awesome

Are we going to get monsters that are half-Tigrex and half-Milla by the end of the first movie or will that only happen in the sequels?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Rolo posted:

So just to be clear, it’s third party docks killing switches then?

Like I could use a phone charger with a reliable cord for travel charging and be aok?

Yup, apparently the Google pixel charger is one of the best you can get.
https://amp.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/66i5gs/choosing_your_nintendo_switch_charger_a/

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's the team that did the Resident Evil movies.

No no I know who they all are.

I'm wutting at the fact there's a Monster Hunter movie in the works..

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Infinitum posted:

No no I know who they all are.

I'm wutting at the fact there's a Monster Hunter movie in the works..

Monster Hunter World sold like 8 million copies and is the best selling Capcom game ever so guess they gotta strike while the iron's hot.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Policenaut posted:

Monster Hunter World sold like 8 million copies and is the best selling Capcom game ever so guess they gotta strike while the iron's hot.

It's actually been in the works for awhile, even with those names attached. But yeah, I assume World's success is what made them actually move on it.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Policenaut posted:

Otherwise we get an Angry Birds movie situation.
Game first released in 2009.
Movie released 2016.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
IIRC Anderson/Jovovich was on break from making movies because she got pregnant again.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I got a free code for Nine Parchments and it's pretty ok. Plays a lot like Magicka

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Of course Cranky wouldn’t give a poo poo. He’d never play any game made past the video game crash.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is going to be a train wreck like most other video game movies.

...unless it's made as a horror movie with Deviljho destroying the hunters one by one like an angry pickle Jason Vorhees.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Fluffy posted:

This is going to be a train wreck like most other video game movies.

...unless it's made as a horror movie with Deviljho destroying the hunters one by one like an angry pickle Jason Vorhees.

It's in good hands, the Resident Evil movies were commercially successful and largely enjoyable.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's in good hands, the Resident Evil movies were commercially successful and largely enjoyable.

Really I thought that for action trash they were surprisingly boring.

The plot was poo poo but duh.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Make the movie about Mila hunting down every deviljho in the world and killing their young in front of them, then killing them.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's always good to have more female-lead action movies, imo. And in this case the actress is over 40 which is extremely rare especially for a big budget blockbuster.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's always good to have more female-lead action movies, imo. And in this case the actress is over 40 which is extremely rare especially for a big budget blockbuster.

To be fair she she still looks like she's in her late 20s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Monster Hunter just had its first actually popular game in America and it's already getting a movie? :psyduck:

• Locked thread