Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I welcome the death of slide attack macros.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Nidus Deluxe makes me wish I liked Nidus

I'll be happy with it coming out 90% as good as the concept art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Inzombiac posted:

Plus not one plays Nezha, at least in pubs.

I play Nezha in pubs!

Rescue sorties & alerts anyway. I mean I haven't failed a rescue since about MR5, but I do like to safeguard the target just in case, and sometimes a death-prone teammate as well. Also, sliding like an idiot helps with the race to extraction.

I'd kind of like it if the huge burning circle thing wasn't so, well, huge & burning, and he could probably use a dev 'revisit' too.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Oh god yes, I just remembered that. Combo counter decay is something that every tenno should have, not just Naramon speciality. X.x;

If they let us unbind the frame passives then things would really get crazy. Madurai's damage boosts, Naramon's combo decay and melee affinity boost, Unairu's armor and reflection, Zenurik's boosted energy orbs and whatever they're changing its channeling passive to, and Vazarin's quick revives and affinity range, all at the same time? That'd rule.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

metasynthetic posted:

Though I understand why the changes should happen and know the game will be the better for it in the end, Atterax and spin to win holds a special place in my heart and it makes me sad to see it go.

Were you not around during the Telos Boltace Tazmanian Devil infestation?

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Plus not one plays Nezha, at least in pubs.

I play Safeguard Nezha!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

here's what's going to happen, more or less, based on what happens every single time:

1. there will be some people eternally griping about their spin attack crap getting removed. this is normal. they will always exist no matter how dumb something is.
2. de will implement what they said no matter what because they've clearly established they don't much care for it, a main reason being that it makes reworking melee way harder than it should be
3. we're going to get a new melee system that will more than likely be fun and cool to use
4. it'll probably get a few tweaks based on feedback from players getting their hands on it
5. we will move on and the game will continue perfectly fine, most likely better off for what happened

e: also i play nezha a lot and the deluxe skin is definitely coming since we've seen work being done on the actual model in the past

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

super sweet best pal posted:

If they let us unbind the frame passives then things would really get crazy. Madurai's damage boosts, Naramon's combo decay and melee affinity boost, Unairu's armor and reflection, Zenurik's boosted energy orbs and whatever they're changing its channeling passive to, and Vazarin's quick revives and affinity range, all at the same time? That'd rule.
I imagine that each passive will be possible to unbind in Venus and that it will take the equivalent of 100 Venus wisps each.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
"Nitain alert is up, My Lord.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

xiansi posted:

I'd kind of like it if the huge burning circle thing wasn't so, well, huge & burning, and he could probably use a dev 'revisit' too.
They just added an augment for his 2 where it passes though enemies, gaining up to 2x damage & healing per enemy it hits. It kind of feels like arca plasmor when I throw it at a crowd.

Also I did a huge and wordy reddit post about melee stance combos that i'm pretty sure i'll regret when I get up tomorrow.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

necrobobsledder posted:

I imagine that each passive will be possible to unbind in Venus and that it will take the equivalent of 100 Venus wisps each.

Worth every wisp to be able to stay in Zenurik 100% of the time.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I don't use melee very often so I am very much enjoying people whinge about losing spin to win.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
Losing spin to win is good but I just learned about the glory of Naramon/blood rush/Exodia hunt.

Whoever mentioned Exodia Hunt in this thread, thank you because it’s hilarious.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I think that it is HUUUUGE that DE can nerf something and most sane people go, "Yeah, makes sense. Good job."

Their communication is enviable. Most game companies cannot really describe the changes they make because the engineers are so piss-poor at explaining themselves.
That dude from Blizzard does a pretty good job but I don't like listening to him all that much.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

I think that it is HUUUUGE that DE can nerf something and most sane people go, "Yeah, makes sense. Good job."

Their communication is enviable. Most game companies cannot really describe the changes they make because the engineers are so piss-poor at explaining themselves.
That dude from Blizzard does a pretty good job but I don't like listening to him all that much.

it's supposed to be a total rebalance, with the base power of all melee weapons seeing significant increases to compensate for the parts that are removed. whether that actually turns out to be the case is completely unpredictable because, you know, de.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

OdinsBeard posted:

Losing spin to win is good but I just learned about the glory of Naramon/blood rush/Exodia hunt.

Whoever mentioned Exodia Hunt in this thread, thank you because it’s hilarious.

Think I'll try that. Hadn't bothered with Hunt because it didn't seem useful.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Put it on a pole arm and use reach; twirling spire has a slam attack in a couple of different combos. This synergizes incredibly well with Inaros because it also opens up enemies to finishers.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Avulsion posted:

I built this Zaw Heavy Blade and spent a week grinding rep and wisps and shiny rocks so I could build a rank 3 Exodia Hunt, and the results are hilariously effective. Just spam the blocking combo on Tempo Royal and suck every enemy in the room into threshing range. It solves the one and only complaint I had about Inaros, the fact that once I've blinded someone with pocket sand I have to walk aaaaaaaaaallllll the way across the room to stab them in the face. Now they come to me, and since the stagger effect from Exodia Hunt sometimes opens enemies up for finishers, I don't even have to use my pocket sand to keep my health topped off.

Primed Fury + Berserker + Arcane Strike + Tempo Royale + a click macro = one absurdly fast giant scythe that generates multiple slams a second and applies 300k+ slash procs to everything within 20 meters or so.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Inzombiac posted:

That's because changes DE made to the game are genuinely out of concern for the health of the game and not due to some economical factor or ideology (the Vision!!tm). Even when their proposed solution to problems are less than competent or even incoherent, it's clear what they're trying to achieve does not have any extra baggage like trying to bolster player count or retention or spending habits. A good comparison case is Destiny 2 where it's obvious the changes made are due to a misguided attempt to broaden the appeal and playerbase and not solely to cater to their existing fanbase.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

City of Heroes stagnated for so long because Jack Emmert straight-up lied about what they could do in order to ensure his " VISION".

Shame his vision sucked.
When Matt Miller took over, he made a big post saying (in a political way) "Yeah so all those thing he said were impossible are actually fairly easy and we'll roll it out soon. Enjoy your power color customization!"

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
So charge attacks are FINALLY getting fixed, AND combos will be standardized.
Reedemer just got a hell of a lot sexier.
Also, the Condition Overload Glaive + Zakti.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
That Nidus design is giving me some major Lautrec of Catim vibes, it's probably the crossed arms.

I'm just imagining some kind of glorious future where combos can be built Devil-May-Cry style with a combination of firearms AND melee, rather than one or the other.

Also, today I finally unlock Kohm, and there's nothing quite as satisfying as pointing it at a horde of approaching infected and holding M1 until they all just evaporate.

There's too many fun-as-hell weapons and all I want is to spend $ so I can drop potatoes into all of them. As a new player I've got no idea which ones will age well into late game, so the only one I've dropped one into so far is the hek, but there's like a dozen weapons that have served me well that I'd like to make even more awesome.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 12:47 on May 12, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The really good ones get talked about in chat and the thread all the time, but you can always ask "Is [weapon] good," and you'll usually get an answer.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

McKilligan posted:

I'm just imagining some kind of glorious future where combos can be built Devil-May-Cry style with a combination of firearms AND melee, rather than one or the other.

I always hoped with Mesa that they would let you do melee combos with ranged weapons, or when you have a dual gun equipped one hand automatically targets a nearby enemy.

I love that target ground slam move where they kind of float in the air for a moment.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 13:30 on May 12, 2018

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So my loadout for a few of my frames is the Boltor, an Afuris set, and the Kogake, for the simple reason that it was the most aesthetically fitting set of weapons I could get at short notice. Any tips on how I should be modding them?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Darth Walrus posted:

So my loadout for a few of my frames is the Boltor, an Afuris set, and the Kogake, for the simple reason that it was the most aesthetically fitting set of weapons I could get at short notice. Any tips on how I should be modding them?

I think the last few pages had some good info. For guns damage% is always good, so is multishot%. Anything with crit over 15-20% you should try to add more crit onto, anything with status over 15-20% you should add more status to. If the gun has both then pick one or mix - Multishot is important either way because it increases your chances of getting a crit or applying a status effect.

If a gun has low status and crit you just build it for damage and multishot, then use high% elemental mods (the ones that increase the damage of an element only). For melee weapons keep in mind that there are mods which increase damage or crit based on how many status types the enemy is affected by, or how much slash status-damage you do per tick.

Also, If a weapon doesn't have a physical damage type then you can't add it at all, so if you don't see either slash/impact/puncture damage on a weapon don't try to mod it in because it will do nothing, you can add elemental damage to any weapon.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 13:40 on May 12, 2018

Gitro
May 29, 2013
You also almost always want to add a punchthrough mod on any gun you're using to kill mobs. There's dualstat pt mods for rifles and shotties - shred and something else - but you have to rely on rivens or a dedicated pt slot for secondaries.

Also also: you very rarely want to mod guns for physical damage if you can do anything else. Elemental damage is calculated on the full base dmg of the gun, but physical damage only uses the matching type. The braton has roughly a 10/10/10 split between its phys damage - +100% fire damage would add 30 fire, but +100% slash would only add 10 slash. In terms of raw damage elemental is almost always more.

Modding guns looks hard but it's actually really easy for the most part. 2 slots go to base damage (hornet strike, serration, point blank) and mutishot (split chamber, hells chamber, barrel diff). If crit's at least 15, add +crit and crit damage (point strike and vital sense, etc). If status, add at least two 60/60s for the element/s you want. If it can do both, add both. If it doesn't have inherent punchthrough, add that, and you've only got 1-3 slots to make actual decisions with.

It may have come up, but don't mod shotguns for status unless you can make them hit 100% before adding multishot. Shotgun status is divided between all its pellets until it hits 100%, at which point every pellet is a guaranteed proc.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It's worth having one primary modded for boosted physical damage purely in case you get a sortie 3 with elemental resistance, but I can't think of many other good reasons to do it.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Sobek talk: what's the ideal Saryn murder gun load out? I think I've got everything I need but keep forgetting mod names and if I'm not mistaken it can get 100% status, right?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I have a Sicarus Prime built for Puncture to use with my Mesa on those sorts of sorties.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

WebDO posted:

Sobek talk: what's the ideal Saryn murder gun load out? I think I've got everything I need but keep forgetting mod names and if I'm not mistaken it can get 100% status, right?

You will need all four elemental/status dualstats and Shattering Justice if you don't have a riven that'll get you there.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Helter Skelter posted:

You will need all four elemental/status dualstats and Shattering Justice if you don't have a riven that'll get you there.

sadly, you can't have a non-status chance riven, 100% status chance and acid shells on all at the same time.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Helter Skelter posted:

Hmm, I'm probably only 2/4 on the elemental status mods but have shattering. Guess I'll be doing some trades if anyone has the two I'm missing - I'll have to look it up when I'm home

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009
I just finished the Second Dream. :aaaaa:

I know I didn't have to fight the Stalker, but I did it anyway. It somehow ended up with five resistances in the end. If I keep shooting a Sentient with a weapon that does equal damage for two damage types, do they get resistances for both at the same time?

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

wid posted:

Were you not around during the Telos Boltace Tazmanian Devil infestation?

I was and it was still not as good as Atterax :ssh:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

hirvox posted:

I just finished the Second Dream. :aaaaa:

I know I didn't have to fight the Stalker, but I did it anyway. It somehow ended up with five resistances in the end. If I keep shooting a Sentient with a weapon that does equal damage for two damage types, do they get resistances for both at the same time?

IIRC they get resistances at certain damage thresholds, not sure about the order but it's most likely the one with most damage done. They aren't supposed to get more than 5 resistances (which is already stupid if you ask me), but I've seen the little shits get 6 from time to time. You get something to wipe resistances after you finish the next quest, so...

...go do War Within. (Small tip for a decision you make at the end of it, not really a spoiler):pick Zenurik as your focus school.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A co-op DMC would break me. I would never leave my house.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Sorry is this is a silly question that's been asked a million times but is the mouse acceleration just something I am going to have to deal with or can you turn it off somehow? Not a big deal either way, but it would be nice.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Warframe has mouse acceleration? Do you mean disabling general mouse acceleration within Warframe, or are you having issues where you normally have mouse acceleration disabled but it's present in WF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Elysiume posted:

Warframe has mouse acceleration? Do you mean disabling general mouse acceleration within Warframe, or are you having issues where you normally have mouse acceleration disabled but it's present in WF?
The latter. Mouse acceleration is normally off in everything I do/play and it's off in my windows settings. When I play WF though there's definite mouse acceleration. Googling it didn't turn up much so was wondering if it's something people here have had to deal with.