Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

12 Angry Parsecs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Bespin Show

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Nunb and Nunber

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Not Another Tatooine Movie

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Star Wars: It's named Solo because they won't make a sequel

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

The Rebel Wears Prada

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

The Hutt Locker

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Solo Scriptura

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Solo: These guys must REALLY be desperate

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Solo: it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Solo: Let's blow this thing and go home!

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Solo: Sorry about the mess.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Solo: [the expressions that Luke and Leia exchange in ROTJ when Han says "hey...it's me"]

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Just waiting for Gambino to drop a “This Is Corellia” music video a day before Solo drops.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Solo more like No-lo.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Captain Splendid posted:

They're going to steal the whole Kessel Run !!!

we're gonna Kessel Run this space moonshine to some really *trashy* aliens

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

clickbait article: "Childish Gambino's Han Yolo song is the wokest star wars has ever been"

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Lando. Er, uh, oh yeah, I mean, Solo.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Clayton_Sandell/status/994758732113330176

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Dang that cravat is frilly!

Jewmanji posted:

It’s a pretty tepid response from the usual first wave of fanboys and fan girls who worship the brand.

That might be a good sign. Didn't the usual suspects adore Awakens and Jedi but were luke-warm on Rogue1? They could be wrong again!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Blood Boils posted:

It's just nice to see Williams on his feet again. He reportedly has severe back issues that have him in a wheelchair most of the time. It was so sad watching him awkwardly amble around on stage on Dancing with the Stars.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Blood Boils posted:

That might be a good sign. Didn't the usual suspects adore Awakens and Jedi but were luke-warm on Rogue1? They could be wrong again!

The early reviews of TFA I kept seeing were "An Amazing film! This is the Star Wars film Star Wars fans have been waiting for!" And seeing as TFA was basically a remake of ANH, if these reviewers are a bit lukewarm on Solo, all the more reason to see it.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

I really don't get what people are talking about when they say TFA is a remake of ANH. Who is Finn in this analogy?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

I'm seeing double here!

four Landos!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

josh04 posted:

I really don't get what people are talking about when they say TFA is a remake of ANH. Who is Finn in this analogy?

C3PO

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I keep thinking the guy in blue next to colt 45 is James O Keefe

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Davros1 posted:

The early reviews of TFA I kept seeing were "An Amazing film! This is the Star Wars film Star Wars fans have been waiting for!" And seeing as TFA was basically a remake of ANH, if these reviewers are a bit lukewarm on Solo, all the more reason to see it.

Yeah, but sometimes lukewarm reviews are just because the movie isn't very good.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Jewmanji posted:

It’s a pretty tepid response from the usual first wave of fanboys and fan girls who worship the brand.

Yeah anything less than "this is the best movie i've ever seen, it made me forget all other movies. I'll probably kill myself cause it's downhill from here" is a bad sign given the shills and suckers who get to release these early takes

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I've never noticed any correlation between what any subset of reviewers say about a Star Wars movie and how much I end up liking it. Each one I go into knowing that it could be the best or the worst or somewhere in between, and it'll probably be fine.

The Disney ones so far have all been very different from each other, and Solo looks like it will continue to be different, which is frankly enough for me.

bruckner
Sep 11, 2010
The only good thing to come out of Solo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpyhlqfZkSs

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

josh04 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWREYukh5VE

There's more comprehensive ones out there, I'm sure. The NT are obviously not exact remakes, but they are so derivative it's hard not to notice.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

josh04 posted:

There isn't a 1:1 analogue for everything but the story beats are almost identical.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's like poetry - it rhymes. You see, its ok if Lucas does it.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

I love how accurate this is.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I love how accurate this is.

It's funny how Han isn't Han because he's Obi-wan but because he's still Han the film has no real Han.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Finn is also Han. They both act as an ongoing path for the protagonist to refuse their call to adventure and reject their moral responsibility.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
When you think about it, the audience is the real Han.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Maybe the real Solo was the Hans we met along the way

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Maybe the real Solo was the Hans we met along the way

You know my name but who are you? Just another American who saw too many movies as a child? Another orphan of a bankrupt culture who thinks he's John Wayne?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpXxGayuVLo

The first half of that deleted scene is canon and nothing is ever going to change my mind