Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yo just reporting back, Broforce after the update is like a whole new game. Play it if you haven’t. It’s gooooood.
How did it change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
fifa is kind of a special case

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Samurai Sanders posted:

How did it change?

I cannot for the life of me find the patch notes anywhere so wrote em up

- - -

Broforce Version 1.04 patchnotes

PS4 features
-added Presence text for various features
-added Play Together support

Performance
-improved overall framerate
-reduced load times of game levels
-fixed network lag and choppiness during gameplay

Gameplay
-added Dirty Brory, Tank Bro, and Bro Lee from 4th of july update
-updated Snake Broskin to version 2.0
-changed number of rescues required to unlock Brocketeer and Snake Broskin

UX
-chat no longer blocks input for other local players
-pause menu no longer blocks input for other local players in Multiplayer
-pause menu items no longer appear in contexts where they can't be used
-added loading text indicators
-added some additional localised text items
-added UI prompt for players to Press Fire to Join Game
-reverted back to the original Broforce font
-players can now use the L2 button to navigate back in menus
-players can now press now press the cross button to select a mission at the world map
-players can now exit Bros Select in Versus Mode
-improved the Kick Player menu and Messaging
-added information overlays to better communicate gamestates
-reduced audio volume to be in the standardized "Playstation 4" range

Misc
-decreased the download/install size by aprox 1GB
-added chat support to the lobby
-added list of online players to lobby

+ ten lines of bugfixes that I'm too lazy to copy

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I remember not liking it initially on ps4 cause it was laggy as gently caress. Sounds like all that's fixed?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Holy gently caress

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
This thread is pleasant as gently caress.

I'm going to play a lot of pillars 2 this weekend but I also want to try and squeeze in the stupid David Cage game demo.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

beep by grandpa posted:

I remember not liking it initially on ps4 cause it was laggy as gently caress. Sounds like all that's fixed?

Yes, it runs better now on ps4 than it does on steam on my gaming computer, ironically.

The performance enhancements really make it feel like a new game and the extra characters add a lot too.

I think they also fixed up the netcode. It used to be laggy as hell playing online, but I jumped in an open lobby last night and it played great.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yes, it runs better now on ps4 than it does on steam on my gaming computer, ironically.

The performance enhancements really make it feel like a new game and the extra characters add a lot too.

I think they also fixed up the netcode. It used to be laggy as hell playing online, but I jumped in an open lobby last night and it played great.

Honestly the slowdown never really bothered me that much, seems like we traded that for screen tearing in the new patch.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

That God of War text size patch saved my eyes. Am I getting old or does the default size look right on a 4k TV?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Housh posted:

That God of War text size patch saved my eyes. Am I getting old or does the default size look right on a 4k TV?

I am blessed with a year old 65 inch 4k Bravia. I never noticed the text size being an issue until someone mentioned it and I was like "it's kind of small I guess". The testers never raised it because they were sitting up close to monitors according to Barlog. It's good that they got it fixed pretty quickly because it doesn't sound like old gamer syndrome, more like a failure due to not having broad screen testing.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

JBP posted:

I am blessed with a year old 65 inch 4k Bravia. I never noticed the text size being an issue until someone mentioned it and I was like "it's kind of small I guess". The testers never raised it because they were sitting up close to monitors according to Barlog. It's good that they got it fixed pretty quickly because it doesn't sound like old gamer syndrome, more like a failure due to not having broad screen testing.

Same

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm a little over 6' away using an old 42" 1080p Bravia and felt eye strain reading the menu system in GoW. Didn't have an issue playing Kiwami and Y6 back to back and that's all subtitles.

Good on Barlog issuing the patch. First time I used an accessibility option. I'm really enjoying the combat in the game after I upgraded a bunch of stuff.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Housh posted:

I'm a little over 6' away using an old 42" 1080p Bravia and felt eye strain reading the menu system in GoW. Didn't have an issue playing Kiwami and Y6 back to back and that's all subtitles.

Good on Barlog issuing the patch. First time I used an accessibility option. I'm really enjoying the combat in the game after I upgraded a bunch of stuff.

Yeah the combat is extremely good. Hoping for NG+ and maybe increased enemy density with it so you can really let er rip.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Where can I get a PS4 Pro for less than MSRP? I'm a broke boy and it seems like my options are paying around $380 for a used one or $399 for a new.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Gonna sleep and then get into Kiwami tomorrow :dance:

I missed my pal Kiryu

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

LODGE NORTH posted:

Where can I get a PS4 Pro for less than MSRP? I'm a broke boy and it seems like my options are paying around $380 for a used one or $399 for a new.

I've noticed (in Australia) that they just don't go on sale. It's like the demand is constant enough that discounting the console nets no advantage.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Samuringa posted:

I remember FFVII and VIII having PC ports back in the day, they were just unknown/lovely. Like, I think VIII somehow was 5 CDs?

Both VII and VIII had an extra install disc in addition to the same number of actual game discs as the PSX versions, that's just how some PC games worked.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Kingdom Come Deliverance worth it for 40?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

Kingdom Come Deliverance worth it for 40?

Yes, it's a solid open world RPG.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I know this is coming out of nowhere, but... I'm blown away by how many good games there are for the PS4 and how many are in the pipeline.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Man I would like to get to the Witcher 3 DLC but I don't actually want to play it. Not just talking about the combat but all the walking around and inventory management too. If I could watch a Let's Play that would make every single dialogue choice I would make, that would be ideal

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hopefully one day someone will mod TW3's encounter system to load into a random combat scenario from literally any other game that I own.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Man I would like to get to the Witcher 3 DLC but I don't actually want to play it. Not just talking about the combat but all the walking around and inventory management too. If I could watch a Let's Play that would make every single dialogue choice I would make, that would be ideal

If you're thinking hearts of stone it's very heavy on story, not too much walking (you need to ride but in a corner of the map) and yeah it has combat. Turn hearts to easy and play it. It's a loving great rpg tale. It's my favourite DLC on par with old hunters as far as what it does with the game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Blood and Wine is so good that it won a ton of awards and Witcher 3 actually won some consecutive GOTY awards due to it. It's so good please play it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

All right. That's it! I'm playing Witcher 3 again.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I would if I actually enjoyed playing W3. The DLC looks gorgeous.

But I most say my latest choice of games has made me pretty happy. Nier:A, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Last Guardian, FFXV, MHW, God of War.

All games I've really enjoyed. The PS4 is the only choice for me. Might get a Switch one of these days so I can play Bayonetta 2 though. I'm just waiting for them to release Wonderful 101 too so I don't have to get a Wii U.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

exquisite tea posted:

Hopefully one day someone will mod TW3's encounter system to load into a random combat scenario from literally any other game that I own.

Comedy option: Witcher 3, but with Red Dead Redemption combat.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I think it’s funny that I waited forever to play TW3 and missed a lot of the general chat past people saying it was goty. I thought most things about the game were incredible but the combat in specific was really, really good. I then started reading that the combat is what most people had to slog through to enjoy the rest of it. It’s always nice when the usual “low” point of a game turns out to be perfect for you.

Ahhhh I can’t wait to get back to and finish that game.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I really liked the combat too. Felt like an RPG more than an action game. Playing on death march and needing to brew good drinks before a hard fight was very good.

Also the kills geralt gets in the story. Extremely metal kills.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

TW3's combat feels mega-floaty to me, like Geralt never fully sticks onto a character and just kind of twirls around aimlessly. You can break the entire game so easily with signs and occassionally remembering to press the roll button that it ceases to be a challenge after the first few hours and you're left playing a very unresponsive minigame where you wait for your mega-OP buttons to refresh and pirouetting across the landscape. I've gotten through plenty of games with less than stellar combat systems but there is SO MUCH of it that it's really hard to avoid. Maybe someday I'll try the combat rebalance mod that allegedly fixes many of these issues.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't think the Witcher 3 combat had enough depth for such a long game. I had pretty much trivialized it by 20 hours, which normally isn't a problem but there was still 100 more hours of game to go. After that there was just no point to it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Samuringa posted:

I remember FFVII and VIII having PC ports back in the day, they were just unknown/lovely. Like, I think VIII somehow was 5 CDs?

i had the ff7 pc port back in the day and it would barely run because the ram was too low, at the time i didnt know that, i was just deleting windows services and going "whoa the game runs alittle faster!" but i was pretty loving hooked on it, there were a few sections where the game would drop to 5fps or something in that port town where all the characters would pop out in the centre and talk about how they were gonna sneak into that huge shinra port (its been awhile since i've played) and i suffered through that because i was so hooked, it took like 5 hours to get through that convo before the playable 20fps came back and it was smooth sailing, right upto early second disc area where poo poo hits the fan and all the weapons fly out of the crater, it would just crash during the fmv and no amount of deleting services would get me past that. in the end, i just sold some poo poo and bought a ps1.

that's my ff7 story, thank you for reading.

but yeah, they all came with an extra play disc, which is why ff7 had 4 (i think?) and ff8 had 5.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 11:40 on May 12, 2018

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Yakuza 6: I'm getting some real Rikiya vibes from Nagumo.... I hope I'm wrong :( RIP snakebro

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
having just recently finished Rise Of The Tomb Raider, I think what bothers me most is that Sam was relegated to like one voice memo and never mentioned again after making a huge deal in the first game about how important their friendship was. makes it feel in retrospect like she was just thrown in the first game to be the Japanese character to be in the Japanese setting.

people compare TR to Uncharted, but Uncharted by far has the better writing and supporting cast, and I think Uncharted benefits from going for a tighter, more linear narrative as opposed to TR's open world environments. even Lost Legacy is small enough that it never feels like it wears our its welcome in that department

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sam's treatment was my number one problem with Rise tbh

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

exquisite tea posted:

they modded it on pc to give it a more dark soulsish combat, called enchanced edition. pretty fun but it brings back all the witcher 1 style potion brewing and meditation and you can't turn it off, if you're not into that kinda stuff.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

they modded it on pc to give it a more dark soulsish combat, called enchanced edition

They did not succeed

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Andrast posted:

They did not succeed

well, at least poise works. :shrug:

Aghama
Jul 24, 2002

We eat fish, tossed salads
I plugged both if my dualshocks into a wall charger and now neither of them will charge via USB. Can I buy those $1.50 USB charging socket ports off eBay and swap them out or is the damage probably more severe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

morallyobjected posted:

having just recently finished Rise Of The Tomb Raider, I think what bothers me most is that Sam was relegated to like one voice memo and never mentioned again after making a huge deal in the first game about how important their friendship was. makes it feel in retrospect like she was just thrown in the first game to be the Japanese character to be in the Japanese setting.

They switched writers so that's probably part of the reason. They also made an amazingly awful tie-in comic explaining what happened between the games and why Sam isn't on it. Hint: it's BAD