Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Tacos Al Pastor posted:

Im convinced some of it is an act.

He might be burning out from rampant weed smoking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Tacos Al Pastor posted:

Im convinced some of it is an act.

I can only say from a distance but a guy I know was very much like Eddie Bravo. He'd constantly look at and share conspiracies but wouldn't actually do any research. he would share articles against global warming asking people to look into it but would admit he would never read the articles, just the headlines. His filter was basically hugely biased towards if it might be fake, it is.

He didn't start too bad and would only think of those questions to somehow reevaluate life under new scenarios. Unfortunately, it turned from sarcasm in some cases to full-on schizo mode all the time. It was frightening once I realised he was playing a character in front of us but in his private time was afarid of russians and thought scientists were controlling our weather.

It didn't start like that, but we couldn't agree on anything anymore because he was too invested in being sure it (whatever it is) was a fix.

In the case of Eddie, pair that ego with a large group of people looking up to you as an instructor/businessman, Constant weed smoking and no need to reevaluate your life choices and it can become a problem. All of this is quite inconsequential though and I kinda surprise myself at the amount I care about the subject.

... So, how about that truck position? pros? cons?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

While we're talking paid resources, would AOJ's website be a worthwhile subscription for a white belt who should probably just be focusing on fundamentals?

Go train. gently caress ISIS

WayneCampbell
Oct 7, 2005
You got me a gunrack?!? I don't even own a gun, let alone alone enough to nessecitate an entire rack.

Defenestrategy posted:

You couldn't have any of the above without being either good at marketing or knowing people who are good at that and delegating responsibilities to them.
Management is a skill set.

Being bestys with Rogan probably doesn't hurt.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Eddie is a big part of Joe's success. Joe is dumb and into conspiracy theories but Eddie is super dumb and super into conspiracy theories so Joe comes across sounding like the smart one.

02-6611-0142-1 fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 12, 2018

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

Eddie is a big part of Joe's success.

Lol what?

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Specifically JRE.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Eddie was a strip club DJ until Joe got him a paid writing gig on the man show

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

I love MTS. Eddie isn't putting on an act BTW, it's just him.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Pocket Billiards posted:

Eddie was a strip club DJ until Joe got him a paid writing gig on the man show

my gf bought me Eddie's book Jiu Jitsu Unleashed, and I cant stop laughing every time they mention "NBC's Fear Factor's Joe Rogan" still very interesting read though

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

TheTofuShop posted:

my gf bought me Eddie's book Jiu Jitsu Unleashed, and I cant stop laughing every time they mention "NBC's Fear Factor's Joe Rogan" still very interesting read though

Oh man some of the picture and caption combos in that book are soooo bad

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Michael Transactions posted:

Go train. gently caress ISIS

Don't forget to use protection! :v:

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Sep 12, 2022

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
congrats man!

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Nice!

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Congrats! How long did it take?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Congrats!

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Congrats!

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Sep 12, 2022

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
Congrats!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 12, 2022

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Congrats man

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Congrats!

Also: BJJ Fanatics announced they're reshooting the Danaher instructional.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Congrats, someday I wish to also get my belt after 8 years.

Neon Belly posted:

Also: BJJ Fanatics announced they're reshooting the Danaher instructional.

It'll cost them a bit of cash but really if the quality was bad then this is the only suitable option.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 12, 2022

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

It can't cost that much to re-shoot properly and considering the volume they sold they customers deserve it.

Danaher also said he's adding new content to the re-shoot. He said they also shot a back attacks system dvd and are working on some of his other systems. So I'd expect to be shelling out some more pennies soon for good content that has been shot and edited properly.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I'm actually shocked they're redoing the whole series.

Like now I want to buy it partially to reward people doing the right thing.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I'm pretty sure you can use the bjj scout coupon code to get 10% off too.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

That bald fucker is going to be getting so much of my money this year

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
If he doesn't have enough rashguards to wear one everyday in a year without repeating he sure will now.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Digital Jedi posted:

If he doesn't have enough rashguards to wear one everyday in a year without repeating he sure will now.

If Danaher doesn't start wearing rashguards that are identical except for today's date I'll be disappointed

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
John basically has no expenses. He doesn't live extravagantly at all and he doesn't even need to buy rashguards. Companies and gyms just give him a ton of them. His only hobby that requires any money is custom knives so he's going to be awash in custom knives (even more so than now).

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Yuns posted:

John basically has no expenses. He doesn't live extravagantly at all and he doesn't even need to buy rashguards. Companies and gyms just give him a ton of them. His only hobby that requires any money is custom knives so he's going to be awash in custom knives (even more so than now).

What? No secret anime collection?

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

Defenestrategy posted:

What? No secret anime collection?
No anime. John isn't a weeaboo. He is only interested in judo (maybe knives too) with respect to Japan. Anyone who thinks he is a weeaboo is projecting.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
Does Danaher hangout with anybody outside the gym socially? It sounds like his apartment is filled with philosophical books on war and knives. No furniture.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

old.flv posted:

Does Danaher hangout with anybody outside the gym socially? It sounds like his apartment is filled with philosophical books on war and knives. No furniture.

I think it was on UFC Unfiltered with Serra, but Matt was saying that Danaher never brings anyone to his apartment and its some big mystery what it looks like and how he lives :shrug:

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

Sorry. On second thought, edited out.

Yuns fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 15, 2018

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Yuns posted:

The last people I know that have definitely been in his place are the police a couple of years ago for, um, reasons.

don't be like that

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

An altercation for which he was cleared.

Yuns fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 15, 2018

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I'd like to see a picture of his knife collection, It's probably huge.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

He lives with his mom iirc from the New Yorker article about him.

My friend hates him because he ruined bjj with all the "boring" leglocks that happen in tournaments now.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

What I don’t understand about his use of japanese terms is that it doesn’t seem to clarify things any further. Does he use japanese names for upper body positions too?

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

spb posted:

My friend hates him because he ruined bjj with all the "boring" leglocks that happen in tournaments now.

you should leglock your friend about it obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

What I don’t understand about his use of japanese terms is that it doesn’t seem to clarify things any further. Does he use japanese names for upper body positions too?
Yes. For example juji gatame, ude gatami, sankaku, etc.