Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Hedenius posted:

Because adult manly men make hard decisions and kill lots of people for no reason. Naive kids "solve problems" and poo poo.

I read some nerd's analysis that doubling the resources of the universe would just increase entropy and hasten the end of existence, where culling half of existence slowed it down.

But then again, nerds will argue until heat death so that Their Thing still makes sense.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/djoats02/status/995010089399586817?s=19

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

lol

from this:

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/kzke89/quiz-can-you-tell-which-memes-russian-trolls-posted-to-facebook

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/995148997533863937?s=19

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Ah, Cheong's Curse!

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

ok ok ok

maybe the internet was worth it

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Yestermoment posted:

I read some nerd's analysis that doubling the resources of the universe would just increase entropy and hasten the end of existence, where culling half of existence slowed it down.

But then again, nerds will argue until heat death so that Their Thing still makes sense.

What if he just shrunk everybody down, surely that would solve all problems

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
That movie should have known beforehand that it was going to be bad and not have been a preview every time I went to a theatre for 6 months.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

bump_fn posted:

dont post this alt right racist shti tia

posting terrible poo poo we come across is half the thread my man

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
gently caress nazi klurf in all available holes with a cactus and a hot poker.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that is my favorite john mccain-related media and i doubt anything will ever top it

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

McCain is probably the single best example of how vacuous and useless the American media is

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that is my favorite john mccain-related media and i doubt anything will ever top it
It's good, but I'm partial to health_of_the_mother.gif.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
I Don't Want To Hear Another loving Word About John McCain Unless He Dies Or Actually Does Something Useful For Once

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

:chanpop:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Wheeee posted:

McCain is probably the single best example of how vacuous and useless the American media is

McCain requesting Obama to attend his funeral is awesome, like Himmler asking Adenauer to attend his. What a loving sham democracy turns out to be.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

not even health of the mother.gif?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I've always been partial to "no new taxes? :eyepop:"

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

I'm really tired of the "X destroys Y" format of clickbait

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

fantastic

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

seems fine

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

hackbunny posted:

im so tired of the "veteran wrote an open letter to X that EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ" poo poo

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

DiggityDoink posted:

She's dealing with the volcano in Hawaii right now and started work with Katrina so I've had the gamut of heartwrenching pictures. Her worst experience was going to Oregon two days after the landslide that buried an entire town. I don't remember the name of the town (I wish I did because it was such a disaster).

She spent her first day dealing with a widow who had lost her husband in the landslide but didn't know he was dead yet.

Do you mean the Oso mudslide up in Washington? Kinda out by Darrington. Can't remember any recent slides taking out Oregon towns. That was godawful, those poor people. Your Mom is cool and disaster relief/FEMA people that care are the best of us.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Getright downlo posted:

im so tired of the "veteran wrote an open letter to X that EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ" poo poo

"Veteran performed a dance to X that EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEE"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Afghanistan vet DESTROYS libs with this prog rock concept album

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

exmarx posted:

seems fine

sir, for the last time, the additional security screening is entirely random. please step aside with me now so i dont have to call for more officers

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

exmarx posted:

seems fine
Oh it's the 1700s again but in electronic form? That's cool I guess.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
science man: "hey everyone. big announcement to make! we've created the Terminator!"
everyone else: "what the gently caress are you insane?!"
science man: "relax, it's just for black people."

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh it's the 1700s again but in electronic form? That's cool I guess.

it's illegal for people to be racist so they train the computers to be racist instead now

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

the bitcoin of weed posted:

it's illegal for people to be racist so they train the computers to be racist instead now

Another case of automation putting southerners out of jobs

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

uber_stoat posted:

science man: "hey everyone. big announcement to make! we've created the Terminator!"
everyone else: "what the gently caress are you insane?!"
science man: "relax, it's just for black people."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SKYNET_(surveillance_program)

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

hackbunny posted:

It's basically just lovely internet shorthand for "this article will confirm your biases!" or, alternately, "this article will give you justification for the unending rage that consumes you!"

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

grah posted:

It's basically just lovely internet shorthand for "this article will confirm your biases!" or, alternately, "this article will give you justification for the unending rage that consumes you!"

It's vicariously winning an argument you (wish you) had, yeah

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

I think that it's very nice how the poster decided to use this experience as a cautionary tale for others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I use strawberry silicone lube and my rear end in a top hat is filled with fuckibg ants