Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm not the only one here who hates/doesn't like MM&O, chucklefuck.

No, but you're the only one raving about a shadow cabal that's out to get you because of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

No, but you're the only one raving about a shadow cabal that's out to get you because of it

It's more that you guys are raving about stuff AA didn't even say.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
These guys are raving but only in shifts

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
MM&O is good. Psyched to get Apartments and Performance which I have just bought, because as I just said MM&O is good. Imagine being the kind of weirdo who gets angry at big posts of literally the only good comic in this thread. Crazy.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
"That thing you like is actually bad," AP confirms.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I like that the comment "someone saying MM&O is bad always causes a bunch of people to rush the thread to try to own that person" ended with - let's check the notes...a million people rushing in trying to tepidly own Absurd Alhazred.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Glad you could contribute your own room temperature burn.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I feel extremely validated and positive about my life choices.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
"heh, people like a thing. Idiots."

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I remember when people kept spamming the entire text of the John Galt speech in the old webcomics thread. So I completely understand AA's position here. I also remember people got super pissy in that thread when people on phones complained about having to scroll past it and even pissier when a mod agreed and started probating people for posting it. Never underestimate goon obnoxiousness.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I like that the comment "someone saying MM&O is bad always causes a bunch of people to rush the thread to try to own that person" ended with - let's check the notes...a million people rushing in trying to tepidly own Absurd Alhazred.

No, he said a gang of goons post Megg, Mogg, and Owl whenever someone says they don't like it. Our tepid owns are a separate matter altogether.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Who What Now posted:

No, he said a gang of goons post Megg, Mogg, and Owl whenever someone says they don't like it. Our tepid owns are a separate matter altogether.

He did, which is a thing I personally remember seeing happen several times in this thread. It's the new version of people flooding pages with Achewood whenever someone said they didn't like it. Which is why I find it funny that several people decided he meant there was a shadow cabal out to get him.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I hope someone posts it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm a bit behind on this thread so I'm just gonna start posting some comics I like

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
It's funny because you're a mod so nobody can put you on ignore.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Thanks for posting the good comic again!

My only objection to MM&O is the tiny, tiny print runs. I want to read the new stuff, I’m not going to watch Hanselman’s social media all the time to be sure I get a copy. Guess that’s just part of liking weird, gross poo poo though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's funny because you're a mod so nobody can put you on ignore.

A complaint you're familiar with I'm sure

MMO is good and tia to anyone who PMs me buy links namaste

I recently bought Emily Carroll's collection of comics and it's insanely good. You can read some of them online on her website. His Face All Red is a must read

Unmature
May 9, 2008
MM&O is loving great

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Famed Google exploit finder Tavis Ormandy found a stash of '90s haxxor comics and they sure are a thing:

https://twitter.com/taviso/status/995410056127524864

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

EmmyOk posted:

I recently bought Emily Carroll's collection of comics and it's insanely good. You can read some of them online on her website.

Really enjoying these now, thanks for the shout!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

God we had gone so long without any Meg Mog and Owl...

:negative:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

EmmyOk posted:

I recently bought Emily Carroll's collection of comics and it's insanely good. You can read some of them online on her website. His Face All Red is a must read

Indeed. Here's the link.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Loucks posted:

Thanks for posting the good comic again!

My only objection to MM&O is the tiny, tiny print runs. I want to read the new stuff, I’m not going to watch Hanselman’s social media all the time to be sure I get a copy. Guess that’s just part of liking weird, gross poo poo though.

I did that with romance and honestly, kind of disappointed so I didn't get the new one. Not that it wasn't good getting more MM&O its just a really quick high that leaves you wanting more. Hopefully Hanselman will put these in another book where I can just binge it.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Hot take: Moot Marlow and Ovaltine is terrible, but so is Absurd Alhazred.

Poor Miserable Gurgi is okay.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Slimy Hog posted:

Hot take: Moot Marlow and Ovaltine is terrible, but so is Absurd Alhazred.

Poor Miserable Gurgi is okay.

I'm not a comic, and I won't strip for free.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think Something Positive was the comic that has robots and superspies and possibly superheroes and still manages to focus almost entirely on a bunch of boring alcoholic twentysomethings with brain problems occasionally loving each other?

And the joke is that MM&O is deliberately about a bunch of lovely people being lovely and abusive to each other.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Goon 1: I like the thing

Goon 2: Ha, what an idiot, thing is the worst and only idiot babies like it.

Goon 3: Goon 2 is such a loser, not realizing that thing is actually good. Checkmate. :smuggo:

--Literally all threads on this dead gay forums.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Choco1980 posted:

Goon 1: I like the thing

Goon 2: Ha, what an idiot, thing is the worst and only idiot babies like it.

Goon 3: Goon 2 is such a loser, not realizing that thing is actually good. Checkmate. :smuggo:

--Literally all threads on this dead gay forums.

You forgot Goon 4: I literally don't know what that thing is, because it sounds popular and my tastes run in far more refined and cooler circles.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
While we're doing Newspaper comics, my parents had a few trades of Legionnaire Beau Peep that I thought were cute, although the nomad is a bit iffy in hindsight. His jokes are less to do with race, and more just incompetence though - he's not an idiot because he's Middle-Eastern, there are other characters who are competent from his tribe, he's just an idiot.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

'Arab merchant' is a pretty old cliche I think comes from colonial times, reminded of ol' Crazy Hassan. I don't know if it could be said to have racist overtones (compare to the old 'jewish merchant/moneylender/jeweller' cliche from not that far earlier) given it's usually a vehicle for modern salesman jokes. (ones which might work disturbingly well in pretty much any era. I'm pretty sure 'sleazy horse salesman' was the original form of 'sleazy car salesman')

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

'Arab merchant' is a pretty old cliche I think comes from colonial times, reminded of ol' Crazy Hassan. I don't know if it could be said to have racist overtones (compare to the old 'jewish merchant/moneylender/jeweller' cliche from not that far earlier) given it's usually a vehicle for modern salesman jokes. (ones which might work disturbingly well in pretty much any era. I'm pretty sure 'sleazy horse salesman' was the original form of 'sleazy car salesman')

I'm willing to be kind to it as most of the jokes revolving around him are more bizarre, like trying to rent a mouse costume to sneak into the fort only for the company to gently caress it up and sent a Kangaroo costume instead. I think my favourite joke with him though is when he buys a Golf Club from Honest Abdul, who claims it's a ceremonial sword. Of course he figures it out shortly after and fumes a bit. Then he sees that due to yet another gently caress up the Legion has punished Beau and Dennis by burying them up to their necks in sand. His response: "Oh thank the Gods! Not only do they send me to my enemies, they tee them up for me as well!"

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

im okay with the lovely newspaper comics being posted everyday like this but im even more ok with meg mogg and owl

pm me with all your mm&o materials tia

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

BioEnchanted posted:

I think my favourite joke with him though is when he buys a Golf Club from Honest Abdul, who claims it's a ceremonial sword. Of course he figures it out shortly after and fumes a bit.

Figures out what?
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Nessie%27s_Nine_Iron

Though definitely an insensitive moment there assuming he must be polytheist. Though then again that seems like a product of its time, I get the feeling Islam wasn't really widely acknowledged in the Western world before 9/11.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Figures out what?
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Nessie%27s_Nine_Iron

Though definitely an insensitive moment there assuming he must be polytheist. Though then again that seems like a product of its time, I get the feeling Islam wasn't really widely acknowledged in the Western world before 9/11.

The comic started in the 70s, so a lot of jokes are decades out of date by their nature. There are a lot of jokes about Beau joining the Legion to escape his terrible (although never seen) wife, and the senile Corporal is more "Lol RAndom Crazy" than an actual portrayal of mental illness.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ultrafilter posted:

Indeed. Here's the link.

I was like "excuse me my bitch I already posted the link" then went back and realised I was the bithc.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

If repealing net neutrality will turn me into a badass post apocalyptic warrior who has the means to go back in time I say go for it.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The only Garfield strip that actually made me laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Are you sure these were written by humans?