Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Capra Demon will still gently caress them up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Does anyone remember the Mimiron encounter from Ulduar in WoW, where you get through the first three phases of the fight going "okay that was kinda hard but doable," and then his fourth phase was ALL THREE previous phases going on simultaneously and oh by the way the whole room is on fire? Man that fight was so fun. Are there any other boss encounters you can think of that combine all the previous phases into the last phase?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

powers out can’t play videogames

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Jay Rust posted:

I beat Capra Demon on my first try :smug:

I died like 20 times to the Bell Gargoyles :shepicide:

Cowcaster posted:

Oh but you could play....MOBILE GAMES :unsmigghh:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

Time to play some pen and paper games.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

If you had a Switch you wouldn't be having this problem. Nintendo saves gaming once again.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/994977792159764480?s=20

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Weakness: stairs

exquisite tea posted:

Does anyone remember the Mimiron encounter from Ulduar in WoW, where you get through the first three phases of the fight going "okay that was kinda hard but doable," and then his fourth phase was ALL THREE previous phases going on simultaneously and oh by the way the whole room is on fire? Man that fight was so fun. Are there any other boss encounters you can think of that combine all the previous phases into the last phase?

Not quite the same, but i liked how Jotun threw all the previous bosses at you while Odin's spears slowly home in on you.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Cursed video

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

power’s back but i walked down the street to a bar so i can’t videogame

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

If you had a Switch you wouldn't be having this problem. Nintendo saves gaming once again.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

Dating sim

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

man nurse posted:

lol

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

"she's only been in two games....but we need four pictures...."

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

There are a lot of youtube commentators who use some kind of half-animated wolf or fox avatar instead of revealing their actual face and it weirds me out. Like what's so messed up about you that you'd rather admit to being a furry than be seen in person.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Considering it's youtube, I can understand not wanting to show your face. Why some animal avatar instead of just nothing is a mystery, though.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Have you considered that they're actually a talking fox and outing themselves would cause them to be captured for science?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They probably just use the free face

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I would rather watch virtual youtubers over actual youtubers, at this point

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

chumbler posted:

Considering it's youtube, I can understand not wanting to show your face. Why some animal avatar instead of just nothing is a mystery, though.

That's why I maintain a disciplined fitness and grooming regimen so that if an internet argument ever came down to a matter of looks, I would most likely win.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There was a time when winning an Internet argument was as simple as loudly proclaming that actually you don't really care

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

There was a time when winning an Internet argument was as simple as loudly proclaming that actually you don't really care
now you just say don't @ me

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

I like the one that's really good at pubg

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

homeless snail posted:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

exquisite tea posted:

There are a lot of youtube commentators who use some kind of half-animated wolf or fox avatar instead of revealing their actual face and it weirds me out. Like what's so messed up about you that you'd rather admit to being a furry than be seen in person.

The weirder one to me is how many streamers use the world’s worst drawing of them as their logo. Yeah sure it’s nice that you have fan art I guess but... be pickier, drat it!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Did anyone here play the Age of Empires 1 remaster that came out a couple months back? I loved the original and have had a hankerin' to play it again lately but I never heard anything about the remaster after it was first announced.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

no but the aoe2 remaster was very good

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Dewgy posted:

The weirder one to me is how many streamers use the world’s worst drawing of them as their logo. Yeah sure it’s nice that you have fan art I guess but... be pickier, drat it!

Beggars can't be choosers

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

now you just say don't @ me

that just makes you sound like a coward

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

do not watch a youtube

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Looper posted:

that just makes you sound like a coward
if you were brave you wouldn't be on twitter to begin with

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

an actual dog posted:

do not watch a youtube

I'm watching old episodes of x play on YouTube

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they used to have game center cx on youtube but i think they took them down

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So any recommendations for good rpg games on either Steam or PS4?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

In Training posted:

I'm watching old episodes of x play on YouTube

oh that rules

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Midir is worse than the Nameless King's chicken, and on top of that, Midir is the whole fight. There's no good part aftwards.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

homeless snail posted:

no but the aoe2 remaster was very good

I have that one too and it is indeed good, but I was curious about the AoE 1 version since they did way more to jazz it up.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a way with windows or a piece of software I can use to tell certain programs to always play sound through certain devices, like music through speakers, counter-strike through headphones without having to go into playback devices and change it?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Midir is worse than the Nameless King's chicken, and on top of that, Midir is the whole fight. There's no good part aftwards.

I had zero problems with Midir, because Midir has a camera that works properly. Also Midir doesn't have a bunch of attacks that make him basically invulnerable and then a single one that renders him helpless for about 10 seconds.

The only bad thing about Midir is that his boss run is stupidly long and entirely pointless because there aren't even enemies in the way. It just wastes time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Midir's camera absolutely does not work properly. The only thing I can think of that might make you think that is if you simply learned to stop locking on to bosses in between fighting Nameless King for the first time and the Ringed City DLC coming out.

And even then he still has the same problem as most dragons where it's a giant pain in the rear end to judge distance vs. size and short weapons whiff against them all the time because even though it looks like you're standing right in front of their noses, you aren't.

• Locked thread