Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Wandle Cax posted:

Yeah actually the network hinted he may be Riggs brother, probably just so the show can still be Riggs and Murtaugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w9DUTcAI0o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I made a promise... to Dax Shepard.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

... that was a payoff I did not expect.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Timby posted:

This one is--surprise!--a medical drama starrying Ryan Eggold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY_5EvoL1Is

Oh great, the resident gussied up with silicon valley flowery language and set in New York. By the way, Ebola patients will wander into Jamaica hospital while the president will go to any university hospital in Manhattan.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Wandle Cax posted:

Yeah actually the network hinted he may be Riggs brother, probably just so the show can still be Riggs and Murtaugh

Except in the season 2 finale, they introduced Riggs' previously-unknown half-brother (who was also raised by Riggs' abusive, gang-affiliated father), and while Riggs was visiting his wife's grave before leaving L.A. with his girlfriend and her son, the new half-brother character shot him and very possibly left him for dead. The season ended with Riggs bleeding out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently someone at Fox decided to split the difference and Gotham also got a last minute renewal for a final season.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
edit: whoops

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone watching Vida?

Not a bad show so far. The Spanglish is dope, I'm learning a lot. The younger sister is a total smoke show.

I'm feeling good that no one will watch and they'll cancel it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Coming soon from NBC, a show that you have absolutely seen before but we slapped a fresh coat of paint on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6ZKjMIm9qI

Edit: Jesus this one looks worse

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 14, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rhyno posted:

Coming soon from NBC, a show that you have absolutely seen before but we slapped a fresh coat of paint on it

hahahahaha jesus christ

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Like, hell yeah NBC good job on saving B99 but what the gently caress are you thinking with this other poo poo.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I am a sucker for genre shows, and some of what I saw in the trailer is interesting to me(the idea of the family being split up) but given NBC's terrible record I wont be overly invested any time soon. That being said, there will be roughly 30 new broadcast shows this season, and almost every single one fits your description of this show, from new New Amsterdam, to the show about the snarky movie star who shadows a detective while solving crimes, and then there are those shows with an even less fresh coat of paint like Magnum P.I. and Charmed. Expecting originality from broadcast networks seems like an ill fated idea, the best we can hope for is that they do some justice with the direction and quality of the stories..

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fenris13 posted:

I am a sucker for genre shows, and some of what I saw in the trailer is interesting to me(the idea of the family being split up) but given NBC's terrible record I wont be overly invested any time soon. That being said, there will be roughly 30 new broadcast shows this season, and almost every single one fits your description of this show, from new New Amsterdam, to the show about the snarky movie star who shadows a detective while solving crimes, and then there are those shows with an even less fresh coat of paint like Magnum P.I. and Charmed. Expecting originality from broadcast networks seems like an ill fated idea, the best we can hope for is that they do some justice with the direction and quality of the stories..

:shrug: I watched that trailer and saw LOST and THE EVENT and whatever show where dead people started knocking on doors. Total crap.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

This is amazing in so many ways.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rhyno posted:

:shrug: I watched that trailer and saw LOST and THE EVENT and whatever show where dead people started knocking on doors. Total crap.

it's also "What if The Leftovers people came back???"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

precision posted:

Yeah! That one!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rhyno posted:

You posted same link twice?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Milo and POTUS posted:

You posted same link twice?

WHORPS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EEyzUyQjvE

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

that's actually kinda a dope concept

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Brother Entropy posted:

that's actually kinda a dope concept

It's the ABCFam show, Stitchers. But with better actors.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yah but Sarah Shahi

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mu Zeta posted:

Yah but Sarah Shahi

There will always be PoI reruns.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You're in good hands, with Reverie.

Sorry but Sarah Shahi's enough for me to check it out, I'm in.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I haven't started in on season 2 of Legion yet. Has the quality carried over from Season 1?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rhyno posted:

It's the ABCFam show, Stitchers. But with better actors.

it's literally Vanilla Sky + The Matrix

edit: but i actually think it might be dope

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

precision posted:

it's literally Vanilla Sky + The Matrix

edit: but i actually think it might be dope

That isn't winning me over either.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Hughmoris posted:

I haven't started in on season 2 of Legion yet. Has the quality carried over from Season 1?

Yes, but the viewership hasn't.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Mu Zeta posted:

Sarah Shahi

I'm in

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Rhyno posted:

precision posted:

I also get slight The 4400 vibes from it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

So it's vanilla The Cell but with Sarah Shahi? I'm like actually in now lmao

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I love that Dear White People is making still making white people so angry by just existing. It's glorious.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Rhyno posted:

There was a big hoopla over it too where some large Buffy fan group called for a boycott of the WB and then like two days into their thing someone was like "uh, Angel is still on the WB" and the organizer looked like a stupid head.

I have no idea where you're taking this Buffy stuff from, but literally none of it is true. Their contract with WB was up after season 5 and UPN outbid them.

http://ew.com/article/2001/04/27/buffy-will-move-upn/

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Anybdy else on here watch Timeless? Pretty good season finale tonight. Fascinating cliffhanger. Kinda hoping it gets at least a season 3.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Norwegian Rudo posted:

I have no idea where you're taking this Buffy stuff from, but literally none of it is true. Their contract with WB was up after season 5 and UPN outbid them.

http://ew.com/article/2001/04/27/buffy-will-move-upn/

Huh! I thought it had been cancelled and resurrected too. That’s really interesting.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Gonz posted:

Anybdy else on here watch Timeless? Pretty good season finale tonight. Fascinating cliffhanger. Kinda hoping it gets at least a season 3.

Season 2 kinda bored me. The premise of the first season was so simple (we stop the bad guys from changing time) while the second feels overly complicated and not in a good way.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Escobarbarian posted:

Huh! I thought it had been cancelled and resurrected too. That’s really interesting.

I'd always heard it wasn't cancelled but it was supposed to end at season 5 anyway, it's a great series finale for the show. But then it was popular so they wanted more, or I guess it was popular and UPN wanted some o dat cash.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

MiddleOne posted:

Season 2 kinda bored me. The premise of the first season was so simple (we stop the bad guys from changing time) while the second feels overly complicated and not in a good way.

Annie Wersching violently trimming the cast and plot fat feels like it would’ve been good for a season 3.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 10:38 on May 14, 2018

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Gonz posted:

Yeah I enjoyed this season. I wouldn't call it a must watch, but even a lite version of Legends of Tomorrow is a pretty fun time travel yarn.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

esperterra posted:

I'd always heard it wasn't cancelled but it was supposed to end at season 5 anyway, it's a great series finale for the show. But then it was popular so they wanted more, or I guess it was popular and UPN wanted some o dat cash.

Should've gone for that "Spike and Faith" idea Whedon wanted to do at one point instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Just discovered Patriot on amazon prime video today and binged through it, one of the best originals I've seen on a streaming service so far.