Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
since you're 10 you have a different, less valid like for her

subplot over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

since you're 10 you have a different, less valid like for her

subplot over
ideally she would have also said that, when the character is a boy

the 'a 10 year old girl would have been gross too' thing is a dumb post because it assumes the argument people are making is 'a 10 year old would have been fine, but a BOY!?' which literally nobody has said. heck, even it was a girl, their age, it would be a dumb subplot, because the entire point of the series is the bond between the two leads, so seeing one of them say that their love is pointless and have the other basically agree undoes every bit of emotional investment you've had in the series. the only way it could really work is if the resolution of the subplot is 'what are you talking about, your love is the most valid,' and that would work as an okay bit of drama but i feel like there are better ways to reach that point than a ten year old crossdresser.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 12, 2018

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
hell, agreed

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Space Flower posted:

I don’t know what you can’t glean from that which isn’t already part of the context of this whole convo, which is about a slice of life diving manga, not a plot-intensive thriller

I didn't glean anything from the conversation, except that something happened in the manga that someone didn't like. I didn't know if it was a character dying, the teacher drowning the lot of them, the cats mutating into Space Zebras, or what. Now I know it involves a 10 year old boy. I didn't want to know.

You might have thought it was easily gleanable because you already knew what it was. I could be wrong about that.

I know I'm a lot more spoiler adverse then most folks around here are. If it were just one or two people who do it, I could just blacklist them (and then only worry about quotes by others). But it's not just one or two.

It would be foolish of me to think I can change anyone else's behavior; I can only change my own. I guess the behavior I can change is reading ADTRW.

Sayonara.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

wha

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beato Believer posted:

I didn't glean anything from the conversation, except that something happened in the manga that someone didn't like. I didn't know if it was a character dying, the teacher drowning the lot of them, the cats mutating into Space Zebras, or what. Now I know it involves a 10 year old boy. I didn't want to know.

You might have thought it was easily gleanable because you already knew what it was. I could be wrong about that.

I know I'm a lot more spoiler adverse then most folks around here are. If it were just one or two people who do it, I could just blacklist them (and then only worry about quotes by others). But it's not just one or two.

It would be foolish of me to think I can change anyone else's behavior; I can only change my own. I guess the behavior I can change is reading ADTRW.

Sayonara.
what

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Beato Believer posted:

Sayonara.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Beato Believer posted:

Sayonara.

Beato I usually like your posts well enough but I have to say

lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

this thread is too full of spoilers and i don't think i can revitalize it on my own

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Ae-LhMIG0

reminds me of this song...”ive been waiting on you (to stop talking about the boy in the anime seasons thread), oh I’ve been waiting on you”

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Gleaning only happens after all the useful and good and viable crops have been harvested. This is a surprisingly apt metaphor.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

While I do think people are being a tad lax about spoilers regarding something that is currently still airing,

If your response to being forewarned about lovely directions a piece of media goes in is the equivalent of severing ties completely from a person, and in this case a whole community, then I think that may be indicative of some deeper underlying issues that you should probably do some self-reflection upon.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Oh no! I love this shy old man! Just wants to order some fruit waffles... :3:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Episode five of Yotsuiro Biyori was really fun, western Rokuhoudou is wild
https://files.catbox.moe/k9hm76.webm

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Beato Believer posted:

Sayonara.

Betcha Beato believer skipped titanic

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Tarranon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Ae-LhMIG0

reminds me of this song...”ive been waiting on you (to stop talking about the boy in the anime seasons thread), oh I’ve been waiting on you”

drat it it's that song again. I don't know how this song got on my phone but I love it.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Saw them live in Brooklyn a few years ago. The lead singer's... interesting... dancing sent the hipster crowd into fits of ironic giggles.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
Fine, I'm a dick.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Beato Believer posted:

Fine, I'm a dick.

Nah, having spoilery conversations about currently airing shows here for like a page and a half is a pretty big dick move, imo.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

don't normalize the blowup and vow to leave the subforum over tagged spoilers, even if they then prompted a more vague and general untagged discussion about the situation.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kitaro sure was as dark and scary as I've see a morning show get this week.

Precure was awesome

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
Hinmatsuri is real good but I don't remember a show with such whiplash from part A to B.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
this is some "don't spoil the subjective quality of Doctor Who episodes" level poo poo

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

AnoHito posted:

Nah, having spoilery conversations about currently airing shows here for like a page and a half is a pretty big dick move, imo.

If "a boy exists and a poster doesn't like said boy" counts as being too spoilery then one shouldn't read the season thread, lest people talk about other characters that exist.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Kitaro sure was as dark and scary as I've see a morning show get this week.

Precure was awesome

The new kitaro ep felt way more like an adapted original comic chapter since its about just messing with a human who deserves to be punished and not about a cool fight with a yokai.

I loved all the death/afterlife symbolism too. The chattering skulls!!

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 12:17 on May 13, 2018

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i find that the best way to avoid spoilers is to live in an isolated cabin and have all your supplies delivered, though you need to be sure to keep a gun trained on the delivery man to make sure they don't speak. of course, that still leaves you open to spoilers about the sun rising the next day, but there are no perfect solutions.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i find that the best way to avoid spoilers is to live in an isolated cabin and have all your supplies delivered, though you need to be sure to keep a gun trained on the delivery man to make sure they don't speak. of course, that still leaves you open to spoilers about the sun rising the next day, but there are no perfect solutions.

spoiler: this doesn't work either

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought Karuta was intense, Jomo Karuta makes Karuta look like a child's card game

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Amanchu Advance ep. 6 features the seldom seen and extremely powerful Fang Pikari:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

StandardVC10 posted:

Amanchu Advance ep. 6 features the seldom seen and extremely powerful Fang Pikari:

Whoop WHOOP! :swoon:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Well, I certainly wasn't expecting Cutie Honey Universe to slaughter Honey's entire school.

But then I've never read the original so maybe it's true to form. Does seem like something Nagai would do.

fake edit: huh, so it is

edit: that's how the original ends??? Now I understand why there are so many different remakes.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 13, 2018

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sindai posted:

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting Cutie Honey Universe to slaughter Honey's entire school.

But then I've never read the original so maybe it's true to form. Does seem like something Nagai would do.

fake edit: huh, so it is

edit: that's how the original ends??? Now I understand why there are so many different remakes.

yeah in the 70s anime her school gets burned down and everyone survives except her girlfriend who gets brutally burned to death for the crime of being her girlfriend

og cutie honey is. well. pretty hosed up

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 13, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like when Honey wears cute clothes.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I never knew Natsuko was a goon

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
in general i would not recommend reading the original cutie honey manga

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
No spoilers here, but Crossing Time continues to have the best entertainment per minute ratio of any show this season.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hargrimm posted:

No spoilers here, but Crossing Time continues to have the best entertainment per minute ratio of any show this season.

The brother and sister one was pretty bad but the gothloli in the next episode made up for it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/...er%3D10%23pti26

why arent you watching huggto precure

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Episode 15 of Hugtto Precure might be comedy episode of the year for me~

E: I swear I started typing this post before Endorph's post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The fact it was an episode done to save staff is even more :psyduck:

Also next week looks even better!

Edit: new episode preview Watanabe is back get Hype https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkwJqbradt8

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 14, 2018

• Locked thread