Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
:lol: ROH doing some sweet false advertising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

The Berzerker posted:

Oh yeah he was on the apron and someone (I forget who, maybe Sanada) gave him like a sunset flip powerbomb to the outside and it looked like he smashed the back of his head off the railing. It was gross.

Haven't watched obviously, but that was almost certainly Takahashi. Sunset flip powerbombs to the outside are kinda his thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1f5uV-5MwA&t=116s

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

Jay Lethal's hurt and (likely) off the rest of the tour

this tour is the worst

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The tour which used to be tour of tours match quality has been averaging like one match per card that's **** level. Chicago tonight better deliver big. As so far they are just offering CONTENT for their VOD service and nothing more.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I get to see EVIL and Sanada tonight, that works for me.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I probably should have gone to that Royal Oak show since it was only an hour away from me. Oh well.

I'm also super stoked that All In sold out in literally one hour, it's a very nice referendum on WWE's product and I hope it encourages more big indie shows to be held a few times a year and that it lights a fire under WWE's rear end to put on better shows and come up with better storylines.

Kind of a feel-good story too for Cody and the Bucks being able to have financial success on the indies, on top of the T-shirt sale empire it's got to be a very solid payday when you're both headlining the show and getting the profits from it since you put up all the front money.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rovert posted:

The tour which used to be tour of tours match quality has been averaging like one match per card that's **** level. Chicago tonight better deliver big. As so far they are just offering CONTENT for their VOD service and nothing more.

The tour is 100% banking on people showing up and watching because of some NJPW people being there and it is barely even delivering on that promise.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I will say that the matches at the Chicago show have been very fun. It helps that they're taping them for TV.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Remember ROH from 2005? :allears:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Remember that first big ROH/New Japan show? Young Bucks/reDRagon was so good.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

Remember that first big ROH/New Japan show? Young Bucks/reDRagon was so good.

that show was such a blast and well worth the fly-in.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

My favorite Okada vs roh b tier wrestler is okada vs moose from the 11th anniversary show, whats yours?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

okada vs cedric alexander was dynamite

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

My favorite Okada vs roh b tier wrestler is okada vs moose from the 11th anniversary show, whats yours?

vs omega, pt. 1

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cedric had so many unheralded great matches at ROH house shows

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

oatgan posted:

Is this on HonorClub, because that sounds like a good time?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

Cedric had so many unheralded great matches at ROH house shows

I saw a Cedric vs Gresham match that was just some neat catch and hold wrestling. I laughed because the commentators were absolutely useless explaining the action so there's this confused as gently caress crowd, the commentators just going "uh oh wow" so no one at home could tell what the hell was happening. Pure ROH.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

was rewatching some old roh matches today, just a few notes

the nearfall in joe vs daniels was insane and the pop for it was nuts.

before joe vs lethal for the pure title, joe comes out to momma said knock you out. when he wins, it just smoothly transitions into jadakiss' the champ is here. i thought this was v. neat and is a part of the little production things roh would do here and there that i liked.

erick stevens/shiozaki/strong three way: 1) man erick stevens is super over here. 2) why the hell did the fans want the chopping to stop 2008 roh is such a weird place oh my god that was ten years ago.

people talk about the silence after bruno lost the title to ivan koloff but the silence when morishima beats cide in a squash match is pretty close. im v sure the crowd wasn't expecting this title change this quick at all.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oatgan posted:

i remember when this was originally announced for war of the worlds people were getting really mad

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also maybe im in the minority and it sure was the wrong time and wrong person to beat nigel but i sure dug jerry lynn's little title run, even if it was only a couple of months.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ROH's Apple app is now available

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

also maybe im in the minority and it sure was the wrong time and wrong person to beat nigel but i sure dug jerry lynn's little title run, even if it was only a couple of months.

They put the belt on him for pretty cynical reasons but it's kinda hard to be too upset about it since Jerry was often underpushed and his ECW title run was laughably short. His ROH reign was also short, but it felt a little better to me for some reason; maybe because ECW doing it had a whole "Well, Rob's not around and the next PPV is in your home town, I guess you can be a belt pillow" vibe. I'm a glad a pro's pro like Jerry got to be world champ a couple times.

It helps that Jerry defended the belt 6 times successfully before losing it in 71 days; I think he only got 1 or 2 defences in ECW before losing it to Corino.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 15, 2018

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The match at SCOH where Lynn beats Nigel was absolutely tremendous, about as good as the Aries/Joe match.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

The match at SCOH where Lynn beats Nigel was absolutely tremendous, about as good as the Aries/Joe match.

Maybe show it as a preshow if it isn't too long?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah that match was the loving bomb

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it's especially tremendous considering nigel mccguinness had no arms at the time

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

06 until gabe got fired for running 06 hour shows is just full of incredible crap show to show

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

me in irc: this kenta roddy joe triple threat is nuts!
mrt: ah youre talking about ROH Throwdown on 8/24/06 from Lowell, MA in front of 985 paid

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

yea ok posted:

mrt: ah youre talking about ROH Throwdown on 8/24/06 from Lowell, MA in front of 985 paid

Truly Dave's successor.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I was too sour on lynn to enjoy a lot of his matches

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Is this on HonorClub, because that sounds like a good time?
My understanding is that honor club has every ppv and tv episode since the move to sinclair back in 2011 and if so then its on the 5/15/2015 war of the worlds show which is pretty fantastic top to bottom

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

oatgan posted:

My understanding is that honor club has every ppv and tv episode since the move to sinclair back in 2011 and if so then its on the 5/15/2015 war of the worlds show which is pretty fantastic top to bottom

Thanks! :)

They've also started announcing cards for the UK shows, and in Edinburgh we're getting Cody/Page vs The Briscoes (eh), LIJ vs The Addiction(:woop:) and... Shane Taylor vs Scorpio Sky (:geno:).

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
the only thing I remember about Jerry Lynn in ROH is when Roddy missed a dive and split his head wide open on the guardrail

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

yea ok posted:

Me in reality: Throwdown was in Detroit with KENTA vs Roddy! You are likely thinking of Danielson vs Joe vs KENTA which happened earlier that month in New York City (550 paid, sellout.)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer posted:

Me in reality: Throwdown was in Detroit with KENTA vs Roddy! You are likely thinking of Danielson vs Joe vs KENTA which happened earlier that month in New York City (550 paid, sellout.)

The Shaman of Cum: TRAP SPRUNG

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

bwehehe :twisted:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

The Shaman of Cum: TRAP SPRUNG

it was a good jape

also roh didn't run in lowell before 2016 god loving damnit

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I still miss Edison shows

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Colt mentioned on his podcast that he knew he was replacing Dalton in Toronto since Tuesday so it's even dumber that they didn't say anything about Dalton being off the show ahead of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Berzerker posted:

Colt mentioned on his podcast that he knew he was replacing Dalton in Toronto since Tuesday so it's even dumber that they didn't say anything about Dalton being off the show ahead of time

jesus

• Locked thread